VS Tools q1

VS Tools PDF says: When you create a new Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft
Dynamics GP project, it will automatically contain a reference to the
Application.Dynamics.dll application assembly.

when I created new form, I didn't find anything similar to
Application.Dynamics on refrences as below.

[
Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic
Imports System
Imports System.Collections
Imports System.Collections.Generic
Imports Microsoft.Dexterity.Bridge
Imports Microsoft.Dexterity.Applications

Public Class GPAddIn
    Implements IDexterityAddIn

    ' IDexterityAddIn interface

    Sub Initialize() Implements IDexterityAddin.Initialize

    End Sub

End Class

-- thanks
AH

The Application.Dynamics.dll is already added to your project REFERENCES not
to the IMPORTS section, inside your application you will be able to use
Dynamics.(Forms, Globals, etc).
--
Regards,
--

"AH" <AH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> VS Tools PDF says: When you create a new Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft
> Dynamics GP project, it will automatically contain a reference to the
> Application.Dynamics.dll application assembly.
>
> when I created new form, I didn't find anything similar to
> Application.Dynamics on refrences as below.
>
> [
> Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic
> Imports System
> Imports System.Collections
> Imports System.Collections.Generic
> Imports Microsoft.Dexterity.Bridge
> Imports Microsoft.Dexterity.Applications
>
> Public Class GPAddIn
>    Implements IDexterityAddIn
>
>    ' IDexterityAddIn interface
>
>    Sub Initialize() Implements IDexterityAddin.Initialize
>
>    End Sub
>
> End Class
>

> -- thanks
> AH

0
Mohammad
4/29/2010 9:13:37 AM
AssalamoAlikum

Thanks for your reply.
--
AH

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> The Application.Dynamics.dll is already added to your project REFERENCES not
> to the IMPORTS section, inside your application you will be able to use
> Dynamics.(Forms, Globals, etc).
> --
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> mohdaoud@gmail.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>
> "AH" <AH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > VS Tools PDF says: When you create a new Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft
> > Dynamics GP project, it will automatically contain a reference to the
> > Application.Dynamics.dll application assembly.
> >
> > when I created new form, I didn't find anything similar to
> > Application.Dynamics on refrences as below.
> >
> > [
> > Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic
> > Imports System
> > Imports System.Collections
> > Imports System.Collections.Generic
> > Imports Microsoft.Dexterity.Bridge
> > Imports Microsoft.Dexterity.Applications
> >
> > Public Class GPAddIn
> >    Implements IDexterityAddIn
> >
> >    ' IDexterityAddIn interface
> >
> >    Sub Initialize() Implements IDexterityAddin.Initialize
> >
> >    End Sub
> >
> > End Class
> >

> > -- thanks
> > AH

Contacts vs Addressbook
Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are synchronized. I need to be able to have Contacts contain phone information for my Palm download and Address Book contain e-mail addresses. HOW can I make the distinction??? Thanks.................Dr Bob this is going to be more of a concern through your PDA sync software as opposed to actual Outlook... i.s. >-----Original Message----- >Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. > >It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are >synchronized. I ...

WLM vs Hotmail
I posted a question a few days ago about WLMD and got a reply which included the mention of the D having been dropped some time ago which begs the question how does one tell the versions? Or, maybe I'm mistaken but when I go online and log into my ID, it's listed as Windows Live Mail. I had thought the former Hotmail and MSN mail were being merged into the new Live Mail but if the desktop version is also Windows Live Mail, I must be mistaken. Hotmail, MSN Mail, etc were created originally as web-based mail services. Traditionally, a subscriber would use a web-browser...

Problem with VS.Net Class View
Hello All I am working on a relatively large application suite consisting of around 20 VC++ Projects. We have created a solution and added all the projects to it. I am facing problems while using auto hide feature of VS.Net 2003 Class View. Every other tab like solution explorer etc are working fine but the class view takes a lot of time to display. Auto hide is a very cool feature but because of the time delay in loading the class view i can not use it properly (it takes a lot of time to parse the classes being diaplyed). Has any one faced this problem and is there any solution availabl...

VS 2005 vs VS 2002
Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the problem that we are running on XP? > Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? > > All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour > icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the > problem that we are running on XP? I dont have any idea about the specific issue you wrote. ...

Junk Email Reporting Tool
Using the Junk Email Reporting Tool (JunkEmailReportingTool.MSI) with Outlook 2003... Just can not get it to work, Is there a fix? Update? How to delete! Hmmm. ....Mike It doesn't really do that much anyway. You can uninstall it in Add/remove programs in Control Panel. I think you can disable it in Tools, options, Other, Advanced, addin mgr. "Mike Lyons" wrote: > Using the Junk Email Reporting Tool (JunkEmailReportingTool.MSI) with > Outlook 2003... > > Just can not get it to work, Is there a fix? Update? How to delete! > Hmmm. > > ....Mike > ...

Inbox repair tool #3
I have just started my computer and went to use Microsoft Outlook 2000 it has come back with an error message saying errors have been detected in c\windows\applicationdata\microsoftoutlook\outlook.pst the instruction is to close all folders and use the Inbox repair tool. What is happenening and how do I fix it? Thanks Rebecca Do what did your pc want to do >-----Original Message----- >I have just started my computer and went to use Microsoft >Outlook 2000 it has come back with an error message saying >errors have been detected in >c\windows\applicationdata\microsofto...

Exchange vs Sharepoint
Currently using GP 8.0. I will be purchasing a new HP DL380, 2.0, 8 Geg ram. I need to share Outlook calenders. I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). I have a small business and I do not need any of Sharepoint's "workflow" features. In relation to the new capabilities of GP version 10, what are the benefits of purchasing Exchange with out Sharepoint? Thank you. Your comment "I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). " sort of sums it up. That is what Exchange does, email. And if you have no use for Sharepoint...

Outlook preview vs normal mode
Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body of the email. When you click on an attachment the email goes into a preview mode of some kind, with a list of attachments and previews of the attachments, but you can't see the email text any more. Without closing the email and reopening it, how do you go back to the normal view? "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message news:e17bn91xKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body > of the ...

ISA Server 2004 vs Checkpoint with Exchange 2003
As we all know, MS now recommends installing a front-facing ISA Server and leaving your frontend on your internal network, rather than the old, less-secure method of putting a frontend in a DMZ. MS's big argument for ISA Server even when you have another firewall (e.g. a PIX) is stateful inspection. Checkpoint also offers stateful inspection and in fact pioneered it. Pricing aside -- say you already have Checkpoint Firewall or have a good relationship with them for pricing -- what would be the compelling reasons to choose ISA Server 2004 instead, or would there be any? I haven't been a...

2003 vs 2007
I have a template that was created in 2003. Then I did a bunch of updates in 2007 but in compatible mode. In order to do the drop-downs, etc., in tables, I had to go back to 2003. Now, when I open the template in 2007, lots of features such as editing the header/footer are not available. Why is that? It appears that if I use 2003 to edit you can no longer use 2007 for full editing. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks, -- Barbara R If this is a protected form, you will find the form tools on Word 2007's Developer Tab (which is not displayed by default...

Outlook 2000 SP3
There has been so much hype about email worms/ viruses but I still don't understand everything I'd like to. When an email arrives in my Inbox, it will display in the preview pane as soon as I single click in the message header in the Header pane. My question is: Is that equivalent to opening the mail message and therefore launching whatever script/ executable is embedded in the body of the email? I'm concerned because any HTML type messages will instantly begin to render simply by single click and preview. Given concerns about HTML based spyware, worms, etc. I'm thinking the...

Budget vs. Cash Flow
Hi, Thanks for taking time to review my question (and it might be a stupid one). I'm using (just installed for the first time) MS Money 2004 Premium. It seems Budget and Cash Flow are duking it out, and Cash Flow is winning. What I mean is to ask is, is it possible to create a budget that balances out fine according to one's income, yet Cash Flow shows that the sum of flow will gradually go farther and farther into the red every month? Or, is it that the Cash Flow is independant, and I have to tell it that everything is going to be alright? Btw, I've already setup reoccuring deposi...

Cost Variance posting in 7.5 vs 9.0
My client just upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0. When they do a PO shipment receipt for an item where a cost override exists, 9.0 is automatically making and posting cost variance adjustments to the GL. In 7.5, the adjustments printed on the journal but had to be made manually in GL. Is this new functionalty in 9.0? Is there a way to turn off posting to GL just for cost variances? Thanks! This is a new feature in version 9.0. One of the weaknesses of GP 8.0 and lower was the calculation of average costs in inventory. As you know, the average cost of an item will change when inventory is rec...

Print Preview
Hi, I had posted this earlier. But no answer. I wish to request for help again. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I recently just tried to upgrade a VC++6.0 app to a VC++7.1 version (ie. Net). I found one difference in the Print Preview. In 6.0, the print preview fills up the whole app, i.e it fills up the MDI main frame window. But when I ported my app to 7.1, it fills up the MDI Child frame instead. Now I did a search and it seemst hat microsoft has been changing this behavior back and forth since V4.x onwards. I al...

2003 vs previous version
Hi, I use MSNStockQuote functions in 2002 version. Now, it seems no longer exists in 2003. I can use the smart tags, but it works entirely differently. Wonder if anyone knows if I am missing something or MS does it again, like the new ASP.net does not back support ASP...! -- thanks in advance for your input, EM I don't have 2003 but it might help to do a windows find on *iqy to see where they are in 2002 and in 2003. Copy over or download? I really don't know if this will help but it's what I would try. BTW, I use Yahoo and download quotes with an query instead of the iq...

Active Sync Web admin tool #2
After installing the active sync web admin tool. We receive the page cannot be displayed when trying to access. What else needs to be installed or configured ...

CRM 3.0 Units vs Teams vs Territories Which to Use
We recently certified on CRM 3.0 and now have a major debate going on as to what should be defined as a Business Unit, Territory or Team or even Site. For example, we have two offices: east (also Head Office) and west. We have a large sales group in the East office and groups of service staff: consulting, professional, technical, infrastructure, training as wel as Coporate (Finance,HR, Admin). We are a major IT Reseller and service provider. It has been suggested that teams should be more temporary or smaller sections of units. Any advice on what should be a business unit: just...

CRM 3 SBE vs PRo version?
Hi, where I can find a simple sheet which compare these 2 versions? the small business edition is flagged to be easier to install... but what else??? thanks. Jerome. Functionally they are virtually similar. The only real functional difference is that SBE takes advantage of the built-in SBS fax capabilities. SBE is also limited on user count. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "J�j�" <willgart@BBBhotmailAAA.com> wrote in message news:urxYyhx6FHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... Hi, where I can find a simple sheet which compare these 2 versions? the small business editio...

Notes to Exchange migration tool
I am migrating a large notes environment, appox 10K users, to Exchange 2003. I need a good migration tool. You should look at least at http://wm.quest.com/products/notesmigratorexchange/ Regards, -- Regards, Menko den Ouden MCSE+I Netherlands "qdog" <qdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA1C9B65-4314-4189-B8B7-483A9FA172C3@microsoft.com... >I am migrating a large notes environment, appox 10K users, to Exchange >2003. > I need a good migration tool. ...

Calculation
I don't fully understand how Excel's manual vs automatic setting works. We work with large formula-intensive spreadsheets, and NEVER want the setting to be automatic. What I have figured out is that if I crash, the setting resets to automatic. And, if I save a spreadsheet with Manual setting, it stays Manual next time I open it, unless Excel is already open with Calc = automatic. Is this right? But my key question: Is there any way to ensure that Excel remains calculation=manual at all times when a file is opened? If nothing else, can we add a piece of code to our template...

VS Tools
At the PO customization screen, i had added new button using 'modify current window'. How i can access this button event through VS tools? I had re-generate the dictionary assembly, but i still cannot find the object i created in the visual studio .net. You're on the right track. Here are few things you need to verify. 1) When you used DAG.exe to create your application assembly for the modified dictionary, be sure that you used the /F flag. That tells DAG to create an assembly for the forms dictionary. 2) You'll see that the assembly created has the ModifiedForms tack...

static numbers vs formulas
Hello, I have what I am sure is a very basic question but I am clueless. Can someone explain to me the difference between a static number vs formula/calculation? Does it mean the number is constant? How do I change a calculation into a static number? Thanks for any help -- mlk7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mlk72's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1631 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27704 Hi a formula gets re-calculated if the refereced cells are changed. You can ...

XmlTextReader vs. XmlValidatingReader
I am a bit puzzled about the differences between XmlTextReader and XmlValidatingReader. I have been able to successfully load a DataSet object from and XML file via the text reader. However, when I replace it (xtr) by a validating reader (vxtr), the DataSet object is Nothing. No errors have been indicated by the validating reader (and the XML file is valid for its embedded <schema> ). So what gives? [The real problem I'm trying to solve has to do with <xs:import>'s in the schema, but that is another post.] dsResults.Clear() ' A FileStream is...

Kosmos vs Nitrosell vs RMSCart
Please help the new users to slect the right shopping cart with your comment on your Pro and Con experiences with these systems including cost, supports, hosting, SEO marketing, storage space etc. Also need a solution for ebay/ prostores integration. please help. You can email me if you wish. sales@decoraapparel.com thanks Akbar, Search the newsgroup for Kosmos & Nitrosell. You'll get more information than you know what to do with it. If you don't get many hits on the newsgroup, go to Google groups. They have every post going back many years. I'm sure you'll find ...

Archive Settings for Inbox vs Subfolders
Can I set up one Archive setting for the main Inbox and different archive settings for its subfolders (those folders that were created under the Inbox)? I want ot delete all messages over 365 days old in the Inbox but archive those ove 365 in all of the subfolders. I want to make sure that Outlook will not delete those older messages in the subfolders. Thanks. Denny Riffert Yes. Right click on the folders and choose properties then a new archive setting. See http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/auto/archive.htm if you need help doing it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outloo...