VS Tools - How to access dialog boxes?

I would like to be able to click Yes/No etc on a dialog box or enter
information into a dialog box that pops up as a result of me clicking a
button using VS tools Dynamics GP.  I know how to respond to dialog boxes in
VBA, so I am guessing that there must be a way to respond to them using VS
Tools.  Has anyone done this?
0
Curtis (31)

Curtis,

Unfortunately your guess is incorrect - neither VSTools or Dexterity can
answer modal dialog boxes at this time.  As you note, VBA can.  This would
make a good product suggestion and I'd encourage you to enter it from
partnersource/customersource.  As 10.0 is out, I would think that 11.0 would
be the first version that could potentially get this functionality but you
never know it could make it in a 10.0 SP.

patrick
developer support

"Curtis" <Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to be able to click Yes/No etc on a dialog box or enter
> information into a dialog box that pops up as a result of me clicking a
> button using VS tools Dynamics GP.  I know how to respond to dialog boxes
> in
> VBA, so I am guessing that there must be a way to respond to them using VS
> Tools.  Has anyone done this?

0
prot1 (1345)

Browse for File Dialog ( W7)
Hi, Have run up against what, based on my web searches, is a very common problem. I want to incorporate a browseforfile dialog box in my script. I'm using Windows 7. Is there a simple way to do this, without resorting to references to IE? Thanks, Stuart Kryten wrote: > I want to incorporate a browseforfile dialog box in my script. I'm > using Windows 7. > hi Kryten, You may use the Browse_for_Folder dialog to Browse_for_FILE. This may sound a little questionable, but it works, at least for me. Try the following code (provided by "Joe Earne...

Access 2000 MDE in Office XP environment
Dear all, I've a backend database file in A2000 format and a corresponding frontend application developed in A2000. They are now running in Office XP environment and it runs fine when they are both in MDB format. When I tried to compile the application to MDE format, it failed. The system requires the application to be upgraded to Access XP format before making it to MDE format which I did not want to. I am thinking of compiling the application to MDE in the development environment (using original Access 2000) and putting the MDE in the production environment (using Access XP). Is ...

customization of look up records web page dialog
I was wondering whether it is possible to customize the look up records web page dialog as in the page where you can look for an account to associate with a consultant. I wish to add extra values in the "look for" drop down list of this web page to incorporate new entities that I have created, such that you can look for both accounts, consultants, and any other values. Eric did you get an answer on this?? Matthew "Eric" wrote: > I was wondering whether it is possible to customize the look up records web > page dialog as in the page where you can look for an a...

Contacts vs Addressbook
Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are synchronized. I need to be able to have Contacts contain phone information for my Palm download and Address Book contain e-mail addresses. HOW can I make the distinction??? Thanks.................Dr Bob this is going to be more of a concern through your PDA sync software as opposed to actual Outlook... i.s. >-----Original Message----- >Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. > >It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are >synchronized. I ...

List box help
How do I select an option in a list box and have it send me to another list box. Such as. in list box (1) I have numbers 1 - 10. If I select, say, number 5 I'll need it to go to the other list box where I will again have choices to send me to another list box. Actually just a way to narrow down to the final choice. Thank you. Ken Hi Have a look here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Andy. "Ken" <iwilliams120@charter.net> wrote in message news:CE6Cf.24$5q1.5@fe07.lga... > How do I select an option in a list box and have it send me to another > l...

Opening files automatically with Import Text File dialog box
I would like to eliminate the requirement to have a user click on the Import button during VBA control of the Import Text File dialog box. This will facilitate the automatic processing of sequentially numbered files. I would appreciate any suggestions. Here's a simplified listing of the code I'm using. Sub ImportOrigData() ' ActiveWindow.ScrollWorkbookTabs Position:=xlFirst Sheets("OrigDataFile").Select Range("A10").Select Dim sText As String For DOY = 147 To 149 ' first and last day of year to be processed sText...

Problem with VS.Net Class View
Hello All I am working on a relatively large application suite consisting of around 20 VC++ Projects. We have created a solution and added all the projects to it. I am facing problems while using auto hide feature of VS.Net 2003 Class View. Every other tab like solution explorer etc are working fine but the class view takes a lot of time to display. Auto hide is a very cool feature but because of the time delay in loading the class view i can not use it properly (it takes a lot of time to parse the classes being diaplyed). Has any one faced this problem and is there any solution availabl...

Multi-level combo box
Hi I am writing a VB.Net app which is to replace an existing Java app. The Java author had access to a special control which looks like a combo box on the form, but which behaves more like a menu in that the user can select an item from the combo box and a second level of selections opens up to the right of the mouse pointer on dragging rightwards. Has anyone created a control like this for VB.Net? Can the native ComboBox control be used in this way? I am on VB.Net 2005. Regards -- Jim. If you're talking about a desktop app, TreeView items can have a checkbox. Tha...

WLM vs Hotmail
I posted a question a few days ago about WLMD and got a reply which included the mention of the D having been dropped some time ago which begs the question how does one tell the versions? Or, maybe I'm mistaken but when I go online and log into my ID, it's listed as Windows Live Mail. I had thought the former Hotmail and MSN mail were being merged into the new Live Mail but if the desktop version is also Windows Live Mail, I must be mistaken. Hotmail, MSN Mail, etc were created originally as web-based mail services. Traditionally, a subscriber would use a web-browser...

VS 2005 vs VS 2002
Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the problem that we are running on XP? > Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? > > All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour > icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the > problem that we are running on XP? I dont have any idea about the specific issue you wrote. ...

Junk Email Reporting Tool
Using the Junk Email Reporting Tool (JunkEmailReportingTool.MSI) with Outlook 2003... Just can not get it to work, Is there a fix? Update? How to delete! Hmmm. ....Mike It doesn't really do that much anyway. You can uninstall it in Add/remove programs in Control Panel. I think you can disable it in Tools, options, Other, Advanced, addin mgr. "Mike Lyons" wrote: > Using the Junk Email Reporting Tool (JunkEmailReportingTool.MSI) with > Outlook 2003... > > Just can not get it to work, Is there a fix? Update? How to delete! > Hmmm. > > ....Mike > ...

Access 2003
I've been tasked in resolving a problem. We can not always open a database that was created using Access 2000. We have three users that have the same rights but one can not open the database, it locks up Access. All three are using Access 2003. I can open it on my PC logged in as the user who can't at his PC, at another PC logged in as him I can not open the DB. Are there some settings I am missing? 1. All users of the database must have at least read, write, and modify privileges to the folder holding the database file. Not just the database ..mdb file, but the entire folder. ...

Inbox repair tool #3
I have just started my computer and went to use Microsoft Outlook 2000 it has come back with an error message saying errors have been detected in c\windows\applicationdata\microsoftoutlook\outlook.pst the instruction is to close all folders and use the Inbox repair tool. What is happenening and how do I fix it? Thanks Rebecca Do what did your pc want to do >-----Original Message----- >I have just started my computer and went to use Microsoft >Outlook 2000 it has come back with an error message saying >errors have been detected in >c\windows\applicationdata\microsofto...

Exchange vs Sharepoint
Currently using GP 8.0. I will be purchasing a new HP DL380, 2.0, 8 Geg ram. I need to share Outlook calenders. I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). I have a small business and I do not need any of Sharepoint's "workflow" features. In relation to the new capabilities of GP version 10, what are the benefits of purchasing Exchange with out Sharepoint? Thank you. Your comment "I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). " sort of sums it up. That is what Exchange does, email. And if you have no use for Sharepoint...

Outlook preview vs normal mode
Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body of the email. When you click on an attachment the email goes into a preview mode of some kind, with a list of attachments and previews of the attachments, but you can't see the email text any more. Without closing the email and reopening it, how do you go back to the normal view? "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message news:e17bn91xKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body > of the ...

ISA Server 2004 vs Checkpoint with Exchange 2003
As we all know, MS now recommends installing a front-facing ISA Server and leaving your frontend on your internal network, rather than the old, less-secure method of putting a frontend in a DMZ. MS's big argument for ISA Server even when you have another firewall (e.g. a PIX) is stateful inspection. Checkpoint also offers stateful inspection and in fact pioneered it. Pricing aside -- say you already have Checkpoint Firewall or have a good relationship with them for pricing -- what would be the compelling reasons to choose ISA Server 2004 instead, or would there be any? I haven't been a...

Outlook 2000 SP3
There has been so much hype about email worms/ viruses but I still don't understand everything I'd like to. When an email arrives in my Inbox, it will display in the preview pane as soon as I single click in the message header in the Header pane. My question is: Is that equivalent to opening the mail message and therefore launching whatever script/ executable is embedded in the body of the email? I'm concerned because any HTML type messages will instantly begin to render simply by single click and preview. Given concerns about HTML based spyware, worms, etc. I'm thinking the...

How to grant Internet access t oXP workgroup sharing domain resources?
I understand that SBS 2008 default is Internet access only for domain member workstations. Am I wrong? But how is the best solution to integrate local windows XP workstations with single domain controller SBS2008 with DHCP/DNS role, still providing internet access for worksations? Workstations are planned to join to domain later but today not all PC fill minimum hardware/software requirement and therefore joining domain has to be postponed. Also migrating existing workgroup/workstation profiles may cause unexpected problems. Thanks! This is a multi-part message in MI...

Identifying remote Outlook Access
Scenario. I am running outlook 2002 on NT4.0 connected to exchange mailbox on exchange 5.5/2000. Is there any way I can identify whether the Administrator or exchange Admin has my mailbox open on his PC or is accessing my mailbox via his security access. Can i tell on my PC. Is there something left locally on my PC that will tell me. No, you can't. Why the suspicion? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the...

2003 vs 2007
I have a template that was created in 2003. Then I did a bunch of updates in 2007 but in compatible mode. In order to do the drop-downs, etc., in tables, I had to go back to 2003. Now, when I open the template in 2007, lots of features such as editing the header/footer are not available. Why is that? It appears that if I use 2003 to edit you can no longer use 2007 for full editing. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks, -- Barbara R If this is a protected form, you will find the form tools on Word 2007's Developer Tab (which is not displayed by default...

How do I query non-donors in Access?
I have an Access 2003 database that is used for our mailing list and keeps donor records. How do I make a query that will tell me all of the donors that have not given in the last five years? I was able to do a query that gave me everyone that had donated more than $100 in the last five years but I can't figure out how to find the donors that have not given. Any suggestions? Thanks!! Jenny Patterson Shelter for Help in Emergency Without knowing your table structure, I'll assume you have a Donors table and a Donations table, both of which have a Donor_ID. The following query ...

User explicitly denied "Full Mailbox Access"
I have an administrator account "Mark" that is explicitly denied the Full Mailbox Access permission in "Mailbox Rights". I am able to grant other adminstrators access to the same mailbox, even domain users. It seem the user is inheriting the single Deny permission, but I can't see where from. The user who's mailbox I am trying to grant access to is the domain\users OU. Mark is automatically denied full mailbox access to all users, even if I turn off inheritance in the security tab. Help? Thanks everyone in advance. Is his account listed in the exchange deleg...

Budget vs. Cash Flow
Hi, Thanks for taking time to review my question (and it might be a stupid one). I'm using (just installed for the first time) MS Money 2004 Premium. It seems Budget and Cash Flow are duking it out, and Cash Flow is winning. What I mean is to ask is, is it possible to create a budget that balances out fine according to one's income, yet Cash Flow shows that the sum of flow will gradually go farther and farther into the red every month? Or, is it that the Cash Flow is independant, and I have to tell it that everything is going to be alright? Btw, I've already setup reoccuring deposi...

Cost Variance posting in 7.5 vs 9.0
My client just upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0. When they do a PO shipment receipt for an item where a cost override exists, 9.0 is automatically making and posting cost variance adjustments to the GL. In 7.5, the adjustments printed on the journal but had to be made manually in GL. Is this new functionalty in 9.0? Is there a way to turn off posting to GL just for cost variances? Thanks! This is a new feature in version 9.0. One of the weaknesses of GP 8.0 and lower was the calculation of average costs in inventory. As you know, the average cost of an item will change when inventory is rec...

Print Preview
Hi, I had posted this earlier. But no answer. I wish to request for help again. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I recently just tried to upgrade a VC++6.0 app to a VC++7.1 version (ie. Net). I found one difference in the Print Preview. In 6.0, the print preview fills up the whole app, i.e it fills up the MDI main frame window. But when I ported my app to 7.1, it fills up the MDI Child frame instead. Now I did a search and it seemst hat microsoft has been changing this behavior back and forth since V4.x onwards. I al...