vs toolkit - get value of selected item in drop down list

hi, I'm using visual studio toolkit, vb is my language. i have created a
local field that is a drop down list in a modified form in GP. I'm trying to
access the selected value of the field in visual studio add in by this code:

modifiedform.fielddropdownlist.value
modifiedform.fielddropdownlist.value.tostring

This both returns the selected index of the drop down field, how can I
retrieve the selected value just like in win forms like:

modifiedform.fielddropdownlist.selecteditem.text

This is causing error, it dex bridge does not recognize method selected item.

Thanks
0
NoelG (1)

Excel graph as Value/picture
Hello, I would like to copy and paste an excel graph into aonther workbook without including the underlying data series. In other words, I would like the graph to exclude all formulas (similar to paste special> values when dealing with formulaes). -- Yunus Patel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Yunus Patel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26579 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=514409 Hi, Select the chart and then whilst holding the SHIFT key use the menu Edit >...

Calculating a percentage from values in two different fields
Hi, I have a query called SalesBudget3 that has fields which include: CustomerName, Type and then all of the months of the year (January, February). The type field is either Actual or Budget. My query will return two records per client. The first would have their actual sales for 2008 and the second would have their budgeted sales. In my report, I have the field names in the page header (Type, January etc) and CustomerName in the CustomerName header. The Details sections has their monthly sales figures. In the CustomerName footer, I want to calculate percent of Actual to Budget pe...

Contacts vs Addressbook
Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are synchronized. I need to be able to have Contacts contain phone information for my Palm download and Address Book contain e-mail addresses. HOW can I make the distinction??? Thanks.................Dr Bob this is going to be more of a concern through your PDA sync software as opposed to actual Outlook... i.s. >-----Original Message----- >Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. > >It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are >synchronized. I ...

List box help
How do I select an option in a list box and have it send me to another list box. Such as. in list box (1) I have numbers 1 - 10. If I select, say, number 5 I'll need it to go to the other list box where I will again have choices to send me to another list box. Actually just a way to narrow down to the final choice. Thank you. Ken Hi Have a look here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Andy. "Ken" <iwilliams120@charter.net> wrote in message news:CE6Cf.24$5q1.5@fe07.lga... > How do I select an option in a list box and have it send me to another > l...

How do I select all (text) of an email in Outlook 2007? (other th.
How do I select all (text) of an email in Outlook 2007? (other then Ctrl+A) I was unable to find the option/button and Select All does not appear during right-click. > How do I select all (text) of an email in Outlook 2007? (other then > Ctrl+A) > I was unable to find the option/button and Select All does not appear > during right-click. With the message open: Message tab, in the Find section Select, Select All Without the message open (ie, in the reading pane): Click at the beginning of the message, hold down the button and drag to the bottom of the message. Looks like there...

Problem with VS.Net Class View
Hello All I am working on a relatively large application suite consisting of around 20 VC++ Projects. We have created a solution and added all the projects to it. I am facing problems while using auto hide feature of VS.Net 2003 Class View. Every other tab like solution explorer etc are working fine but the class view takes a lot of time to display. Auto hide is a very cool feature but because of the time delay in loading the class view i can not use it properly (it takes a lot of time to parse the classes being diaplyed). Has any one faced this problem and is there any solution availabl...

WLM vs Hotmail
I posted a question a few days ago about WLMD and got a reply which included the mention of the D having been dropped some time ago which begs the question how does one tell the versions? Or, maybe I'm mistaken but when I go online and log into my ID, it's listed as Windows Live Mail. I had thought the former Hotmail and MSN mail were being merged into the new Live Mail but if the desktop version is also Windows Live Mail, I must be mistaken. Hotmail, MSN Mail, etc were created originally as web-based mail services. Traditionally, a subscriber would use a web-browser...

Random Function for Selecting Records
Hi everyone, This should be simple. I'm trying to pull one random record from each group within a table. The groups are "Units" - geographic areas, and I want to select one random point (conveniently enough, "Point") from each Unit that satisfies certain criteria. Step 1 - query with a random number field - Rnd([EventID]), sorted by the random number field. EventID is an autonumber PK field. Then a query that performs the grouping (by Unit) and pulls the first value of interest (in this case Point) from the first record for each group. The problem is the...

Copy Color Formats Based On Column Date Values
I currently have this code, where HMLoc is the starting point for a color paste at C6. Instead of having this a constant field, I need it to search for today's date in the cell above it (C5) (The dates are given in the range C5:BO5), and then color accordingly. I have struggled with this all morning and can't get it to work the way I want it. Please help me! Option Explicit Const LegendLoc = "BH3" Const HMLoc = "C6" Const None = 0 Sub ColorHM() Dim theRow As Integer Dim theCol As Integer Dim NumX As Single Dim Color1 As Integer Dim Color2 As Integer Dim Color3 A...

VS 2005 vs VS 2002
Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the problem that we are running on XP? > Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? > > All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour > icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the > problem that we are running on XP? I dont have any idea about the specific issue you wrote. ...

Selecting a command button whilst under a picture
Evening all, I want to be able to still select (click) a command button i have adde a macro to...but i want to hide the button under a picture. Any ideas? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Mat 66, I don't know what all you want to work (you can't click on the button once it's hidden behind the picture without bringing it forward or moving the picture out of the way). Why not just drag the picture over the button, and right click, select Order->Bring to front? then, when you want to use the button, right click on the picture, select Order->Move to bac...

Can you plot a graph with 3 axes e.g. xyz values on Excel?
Can you plot a graph with 3 axes e.g. xyz values? Excel doesn't have a native 3D XYZ chart format, but Andy Pope shows how to fake it on his web site http://andypope.info - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Khan wrote: > Can you plot a graph with 3 axes e.g. xyz values? In article <8CD24A5A-1697-4A3A-A3B7-DBD78C310482@microsoft.com>, Khan@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Can you plot a graph with 3 axes e.g. xyz values? > For an understanding of what you can do...

Windows Slow to List .MSG files saved to network folder
Hi, We run Outlook 2000 on XP or W2k3 and one team save messages from Outlook to the file system. We are seeing that when they look at the folder windows is very slow to show the contents - it "thinks" before it shows the envelope icon next to each file. Its "thinks" longer for larger files. Anyone explain what is going on?? Used systinternals tools and nothing is standing out. Folder with 100 files. All Word docs or MSG files. Soon as you go in you see the word doc file icons, but it goes down the list and thinks before showing each envelope icon. You can open the file...

Exchange vs Sharepoint
Currently using GP 8.0. I will be purchasing a new HP DL380, 2.0, 8 Geg ram. I need to share Outlook calenders. I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). I have a small business and I do not need any of Sharepoint's "workflow" features. In relation to the new capabilities of GP version 10, what are the benefits of purchasing Exchange with out Sharepoint? Thank you. Your comment "I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). " sort of sums it up. That is what Exchange does, email. And if you have no use for Sharepoint...

How to email just a sheet or a selected area of the sheet
Hi, I wish to email just a single sheet, or even better a selected specified area of that single sheet, automatically when the use presses a button, instead of the whole workbook which contains a lot o data and macros. Does anyone know how I can do this? Please let me know if you have any suggestions Thanks a lot Jenni -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm with some excellent examples as well as an Addin for this >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I wish to email just a single sheet, or even better a selected / >...

How to display different accounts in folder list.
Is there a way to display different email accounts with different folder names and deliver mail to different email account rather identifying one account to receive mail in outlook 2003? you can use rules to move mail to other folders, use search folders for each account to view them in different folders (and keep them in one inbox) or create a profile for each account. (I prefer search folders.) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual Q...

Outlook preview vs normal mode
Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body of the email. When you click on an attachment the email goes into a preview mode of some kind, with a list of attachments and previews of the attachments, but you can't see the email text any more. Without closing the email and reopening it, how do you go back to the normal view? "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message news:e17bn91xKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body > of the ...

ISA Server 2004 vs Checkpoint with Exchange 2003
As we all know, MS now recommends installing a front-facing ISA Server and leaving your frontend on your internal network, rather than the old, less-secure method of putting a frontend in a DMZ. MS's big argument for ISA Server even when you have another firewall (e.g. a PIX) is stateful inspection. Checkpoint also offers stateful inspection and in fact pioneered it. Pricing aside -- say you already have Checkpoint Firewall or have a good relationship with them for pricing -- what would be the compelling reasons to choose ISA Server 2004 instead, or would there be any? I haven't been a...

Outlook 2000 SP3
There has been so much hype about email worms/ viruses but I still don't understand everything I'd like to. When an email arrives in my Inbox, it will display in the preview pane as soon as I single click in the message header in the Header pane. My question is: Is that equivalent to opening the mail message and therefore launching whatever script/ executable is embedded in the body of the email? I'm concerned because any HTML type messages will instantly begin to render simply by single click and preview. Given concerns about HTML based spyware, worms, etc. I'm thinking the...

2003 vs 2007
I have a template that was created in 2003. Then I did a bunch of updates in 2007 but in compatible mode. In order to do the drop-downs, etc., in tables, I had to go back to 2003. Now, when I open the template in 2007, lots of features such as editing the header/footer are not available. Why is that? It appears that if I use 2003 to edit you can no longer use 2007 for full editing. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks, -- Barbara R If this is a protected form, you will find the form tools on Word 2007's Developer Tab (which is not displayed by default...

Email Lists in Excel
Is there a way that I can create a variable Email listing in Excel, Word, or Outlook (Like a distribution form) that I can control who gets the email by checking or uncheck a box? ...

Format a combobox list as a heirarchy...?
I have a table that has a primary key and a parentKey column. I'm using it as a Combo Box in the Lookup of a field in another Table. Right now, the dropdown list is formatted normally, like this: Program1 | Process1 Program1 | Process2 Program1 | Process3 Program2 | Process1 Program2 | Process2 Is there an easy way to make it look like this: Program1 | Process1 - | Process2 - | Process3 Program2 | Process1 - | Process2 -- Brian Brian ?"in a table"? Are you saying that you are using a lookup field data type in a table? You posted in ...

Budget vs. Cash Flow
Hi, Thanks for taking time to review my question (and it might be a stupid one). I'm using (just installed for the first time) MS Money 2004 Premium. It seems Budget and Cash Flow are duking it out, and Cash Flow is winning. What I mean is to ask is, is it possible to create a budget that balances out fine according to one's income, yet Cash Flow shows that the sum of flow will gradually go farther and farther into the red every month? Or, is it that the Cash Flow is independant, and I have to tell it that everything is going to be alright? Btw, I've already setup reoccuring deposi...