voiding payroll checks

When I try to void payroll check a message says (you cannot void payroll
checks because a computer check run is in process) I have not done a check
run in two days HELP
--
DJohnson
0

You can check the table UPR10300, look for a 'Payroll Activity' = "CALC",
take note of the User ID then use that to login to GP then Go To
Transactions>>Payroll>>Build Checks, click Remove if don't want to calculate
the checks if you need that continue to calculate and post the checks. If for
some reason you can't find a currently build checks and you are sure that the
User is REALLY not calculating checks you can delete the record with the
entry 'Payroll Activity' = "CALC" in table UPR10300.

Hope it helps.

"DJohnson" wrote:

> When I try to void payroll check a message says (you cannot void payroll
> checks because a computer check run is in process) I have not done a check
> run in two days HELP
> --
> DJohnson

Payroll
Is there a way to prevent a duplicate employee with the same SSN to be entered? Our user entered a rehire employee with the same SSN as an inactive employee. They created a new employee card and ignored the warning message that the SSN previously used with another employee. We want to prevent them from setting up a new employee if this is the case. Thanks, The only way to do this would be through a customization. There is no way in standard GP from stopping this. "cal" wrote: > Is there a way to prevent a duplicate employee with the same SSN to be &...

OWA Spell Check
When attempting to run the spell checker in OWA we receive the following error. The spellin in this item can't be checked. Try again later. I've researched and applied the changes noted in this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;822699 and am still experiencing the error. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks much. Tom Look at the 'Additional Error Messages' section of the following article: Overview of the Spelling Checker in Outlook Web Access for Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825430#7 On Sa...

Check printing #4
Using Windows 98, Money 2003, Epson Tractor Feed LQ-510 Driver, have always printed continous feed checks up to 45 at a time in one session. Printer stopped after last check. Changed To Windows XP, everything else the same. Selecting more than four checks to be printed results in error message re inaccurate page feeding. After printing the (allowed) four checks the printer ejects about six blank checks. Checks and printer must then be realigned. What causes this? ...

Auto-void Posted SOP Invoice when Invoice in RM is voided
The client wants the ability to void a SOP Sales Transaction entry after it has been posted. The system will void the "receivables" invoice, but will not void the SOP invoice and thus no adjustment is made to inventory (i.e. put the quantities back into inventory). The client wants the ability to Void a Posted invoice and update the inventory quantities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see...

Bank Rec and Cdn Payroll
Any ideas on how the payroll checks are on the cgeque register list but not showing up in Bank rec? Help please I could really use some help on this I have had payroll cheques show up on the cheque register and then the next batch doesn't show on the register list. I have them on the check register list and not in bank rec. I must be missing a crucial link someone. Thanks Gloria "Gloria" wrote: > Any ideas on how the payroll checks are on the cgeque register list but not > showing up in Bank rec? > > Help please ...

Adding payroll stubs payroll calculator
I am trying to add more payroll stubs on my payroll calculator. I have 5 employees and it only gives me stubs for four of them. I need to be able to add more with out having to set it up myself, as I don't know how. if by stubs you mean tabs or sheet in a excel workbook all you need to do is right lick on a "stub" and selet move or copy,you have a choice where you want to move or copy it to.To copy it you must click in the create a copy box You will get an exact copy of the sheet you copied,dont forget to give it a new name by right clicking on it and rename otherwise you w...

Word 2003 Spell check issues
My last name begins with the letter K. When I type my name and hit enter, the letter K immediately becomes the letter F. I have rechecked fonts, tools, spelling, etc. just about every tab I can think of an nothing works to stop this incorrect spelling of my name. Any ideas out there? Thanks. I'd look at the AutoCorrect list if you haven't already. In 2007, it is the Office orb, Word Options, Proofing,then hit the Autocorrect Options button. Look and see if there isn't an autocorrect item for your name. If so, select the row and then hit Delete. Not sure what this w...

Change Void date on voided AP invoice
We used the wrong void date when we voided an AP invoice in GP 9.0. The void date used was the previous period which in now closed and we'd like to change the void date to the current open period. Does anyone know if this void date can be changed either through GP or directly in the SQL2000 database? Thanks in advance. Doug, You may want to copy and paste the following script into SQL Server Management Studio's query window: declare @newdate datetime declare @vchrnmbr char(20) set @newdate = 'mm/dd/yyyy' set @vchrnmbr = '0000000000XXXX' update pm30200 set voidpda...

Business Portal Manager access to Employee Pay Check Stubs
Currently employees can access their paycheck stubs from Business Portal but managers don't have access to employee paycheck information. In many cases employees don't have access to business portal and their manager does not have access to the GP back office. It would be very helpful to allow employee's managers access to their own employees paycheck information so they could print it for their employees. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I ...

Check out THIS undocumented feature......
We created a case with the following title text: Computype - Steve network access unavailable. I had an aspx page that would create an e-mail based on this title and insert it into the e-mail subject line. The e-mail would not send. Error out --- contact adminstrator. Error details: Error 0x80040e14. PartyObjectTypeCode indicates an unknown party, but Party ID was not null. Apparently, we narrowed it down to the use of the consecutive characters of "type" in the title (case) and subject line (e-mail). It must parse the text and search for the lowercase consecutive charact...

Print Checks from Money?
I downloaded the trial for Money Essentials and I can't find out how to print a check. Does Money Essentials allow check printing? If not, do any of the current Money versions provied the ability to print a check? Thanks M+ Deluxe allows this. Money Essentials (MEss) probably doesn't. The target audience for MEss is people who just want a consolidated view of their online account activity information except with Microsoft's ads instead of their various financial institutions' ads. It's not quite designed for purely "read only" users, but close. "Joh...

Filter Employees on payroll
I have in the payroll of a customer employees with direct deposit and employees that they issue a check i would like to know if there is a way when building your payroll check batch to filter employees by DD or check i mean depending if they are setup for DD or not right now all my customers are doing 2 separate batches but the process of sending each employee to the category they belong that takes time Thank you Thank you all, i just resolved my issue, i set up a different class for DD and the default for CHECKS and that way i can filter when creating the payroll batch have a good day al...

spell checking in Word 2007
I am working in Word 2007 in Windows 7 with a document originally prepared in Word 2002 and am encountering problems with spell checking. a) "Ignore" or "ignore all" of misspelled words does not stick after the doc is saved and reopened. b) Right mouse click and selecting set language does not change the language of a word while using Set Language from the menu does - but it too does not survive save and reopening the document. Very frustrating to work with. Any suggestions? Jeff That's bugged for both Word 2007 and Word 2010, so it is going to be...

Making a check book ledger
I want to set up excel so I have three columns, debits, credits and balance. How do I make it so that it will add or subtract the amount and give me the proper balance each time? Thank you Steven Steven, here is one way, payments starting in E3, deposits starting in F3, starting balance in G2, put this in G3 and copy down =(IF(OR(E3,F3>0), OFFSET(G3,-1,0)- E3+F3,"")) I have a workbook set up for this if you would like to take a look at it let me know your address and I will send you a copy, you may also want to have a look here http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templatega...

Void EFT Payable payment
Unfortunately, if you void a transaction it doesn’t automatically remove it from the Generate EFT file. If you look at the document before voiding you will see the payment listed as voided but the Generate EFT generates the payment any way. I would like the Generate process to remove any voids from the system from the transmission. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to...

Canadian Payroll new deduction Paycodes for the RQAP.
I want to know if the new deduction paycode RQAP will be in the last SP for 2005. We use Canadian Payroll French for Great plains 7.5. Best Regards! David ...

Cannot convert from void to void?
Hi. I am having some strange troubles creating a dropdown menu at my toolbar. I have followed this tutorial: http://www.codejock.com/developer/article05.asp My problem occurs at this line: ON_NOTIFY(TBN_DROPDOWN, AFX_IDW_TOOLBAR, OnToolbarDropDown) which get the odd message: error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CMainFrame::* )(NMTOOLBARA *,LRESULT *)' to 'void (__thiscall CCmdTarget::* )(NMHDR *,LRESULT *)' The OnToolbarDropDown is implemented as: afx_msg void OnToolbarDropDown(NMTOOLBAR* pnmh, LRESULT* plRes); The only difference th...

Adding Check Boxes
xl2000 I have some check boxes that I have put in via the “forms” tool bar. I have linked them to the appropriate cells and get a “true” if checked and a “false” if not checked. How do I add the number of check boxes that are checked? Thanks for all the help!! Mike R. Hi! Just use a Countif on the range of linked cells: =3DCOUNTIF(B1:B10,TRUE) Biff >-----Original Message----- >xl2000 =20 >I have some check boxes that I have put in via the =E2? oforms=E2?=9D tool bar. I have=20 >linked them to the appropriate cells and get a =E2?otrue=E2?=9D=20 if checked and a=20 &g...

Spell check
I receive two kinds of messages: 1) Spell check has ben halted do you want to send anyway? 2)An error occured while the spelling was being checked. I have XP and the latest version of Internet Explorer 6. System has windows 97 office, word, excel and powerpoint with working spell checks. Is there an upgrade or patch for this problem? Thanks in advance. ...

Payroll Deduction based on Taxable Wages
Pennsylvania may be the only State that has an unemployment tax withheld from employees that is based on taxable wages. Since GP can only base deductions on Gross or Net Wages, the tax withheld does not calculate properly. The only method avaiable requires a Local Tax to be setup but this requires adjustments to be made to the year end wage file so that the deduction shows in Box 14 on the W-2 rather than the Local Tax area. Adding a calculation method for payroll deductions to allow these to be based upon either Federal, State or Local taxable wages would solve this issue. --------...

How to check Mail Forwarding
Hello All, I have some 650 users on my server. For some users I have configured mail forwarding. How can I check out forwarding to a particular E-Mail ID? (e.g., I want to find out, which users are mail being forwarded to abc@abc.com) Thanking you in advance, Regards, Denis Denis wrote: > Hello All, > > I have some 650 users on my server. > For some users I have configured mail forwarding. How can I check out > forwarding to a particular E-Mail ID? > > (e.g., I want to find out, which users are mail being forwarded to > abc@abc.com) > > > Thanking yo...

Not void a voided payment
To have the ability in Great Plains to unvoid a voided payment. It is a long process to run paid transaction removal, remove transaction history while you can just have one click on the mouse to unvoid a payment. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://...

FW: Check out the security package
--qmnihybtxgsxf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="iarymezdvgartnqjr"; type="multipart/alternative" --iarymezdvgartnqjr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="yffufcujhst" --yffufcujhst Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to h...

Void Orders
Is the a way to void numerous orders at once? I have 175 orders that need to be voided and would like to do the process only once. Deleting the documents is not an option as I need to retain the document and reason for voiding it available for customer service purposes. -- HK If you are able to identify the 175 orders in a smartlist by filtering on a criteria(s), then you can record a macro to go and void the transactions. You might want to record a macro voiding 10 documents and then just repeat it. For example, if all the 175 orders were part of the same batch, then you ...

Canadian Payroll Tax updates
We have one machine that will not update???? In the Control window it still shows Jan 2005? I cannot seem to find an article relating to this?? Tami Hi Tami, I assume you are referring to July 2005 tax update doesn't update the Last Tax Update date in Payroll Control Setup - Canada window. Make sure you have installed the July 2005 tax update and followed the instructions in the document. After you installed the July 2005 tax update did it asked you to "Include New Code"? this message tells you that you have installed a new chunk, which is for the tax update. I also sus...