Voiding AP Check to deleted Temporary Vendor

How do I void a AP check for a temporary vendor ID that was deleted through 
the "Vendor Mass Delete"?  The vendor history has not been deleted, but when 
I go to the Void Historical Transactions vendor, it gives me error that the 
Vendor ID does not exist.  

What is the best way to void these payable checks?
0
cal (61)
4/13/2009 6:22:59 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 3 followers. Follow

4 Replies
642 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 24

This will depend on the reasons for voiding the check. Did the vendor not 
cash the check? Are you reissuing the check? Will voiding the check create a 
liability to the vendor? You can certainly void the check in Bank Rec and 
issue a miscellaneous check through Bank Rec again if so needed, but if 
voiding the check will create a new liability that needs to be carried as AP 
then you will need to setup the vendor again.
 
Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com


"cal" wrote:

> How do I void a AP check for a temporary vendor ID that was deleted through 
> the "Vendor Mass Delete"?  The vendor history has not been deleted, but when 
> I go to the Void Historical Transactions vendor, it gives me error that the 
> Vendor ID does not exist.  
> 
> What is the best way to void these payable checks?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/13/2009 6:49:30 PM
Hi Mariano,

Thanks for your reply.  To answer you question, no we already made up new 
vendors and cut checks.  The checks were 'lost'.  So would it be appropriate 
to just perform the void in the Bank Transaction window (Void 
Transaction-Check)?  Even though it warns you to now too do the void in Bank 
Transaction window and should be done in AP?

Thanks,
cal


"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> This will depend on the reasons for voiding the check. Did the vendor not 
> cash the check? Are you reissuing the check? Will voiding the check create a 
> liability to the vendor? You can certainly void the check in Bank Rec and 
> issue a miscellaneous check through Bank Rec again if so needed, but if 
> voiding the check will create a new liability that needs to be carried as AP 
> then you will need to setup the vendor again.
>  
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "cal" wrote:
> 
> > How do I void a AP check for a temporary vendor ID that was deleted through 
> > the "Vendor Mass Delete"?  The vendor history has not been deleted, but when 
> > I go to the Void Historical Transactions vendor, it gives me error that the 
> > Vendor ID does not exist.  
> > 
> > What is the best way to void these payable checks?
0
cal (61)
4/13/2009 9:15:01 PM
Cal,

Technically speaking, you no longer owe that money. Voiding the check in 
Bank Rec should be just fine, despite the warning. Also, I would reissue the 
check via the miscellaneous check future in Bank Rec by voiding to a suspense 
account (not AP). You could then reissue the check crediting cash and 
debiting the suspense account.

Good luck,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com


"cal" wrote:

> Hi Mariano,
> 
> Thanks for your reply.  To answer you question, no we already made up new 
> vendors and cut checks.  The checks were 'lost'.  So would it be appropriate 
> to just perform the void in the Bank Transaction window (Void 
> Transaction-Check)?  Even though it warns you to now too do the void in Bank 
> Transaction window and should be done in AP?
> 
> Thanks,
> cal
> 
> 
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> 
> > This will depend on the reasons for voiding the check. Did the vendor not 
> > cash the check? Are you reissuing the check? Will voiding the check create a 
> > liability to the vendor? You can certainly void the check in Bank Rec and 
> > issue a miscellaneous check through Bank Rec again if so needed, but if 
> > voiding the check will create a new liability that needs to be carried as AP 
> > then you will need to setup the vendor again.
> >  
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > "cal" wrote:
> > 
> > > How do I void a AP check for a temporary vendor ID that was deleted through 
> > > the "Vendor Mass Delete"?  The vendor history has not been deleted, but when 
> > > I go to the Void Historical Transactions vendor, it gives me error that the 
> > > Vendor ID does not exist.  
> > > 
> > > What is the best way to void these payable checks?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/13/2009 11:13:02 PM
Good idea about using a suspense account.  Thanks again.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Cal,
> 
> Technically speaking, you no longer owe that money. Voiding the check in 
> Bank Rec should be just fine, despite the warning. Also, I would reissue the 
> check via the miscellaneous check future in Bank Rec by voiding to a suspense 
> account (not AP). You could then reissue the check crediting cash and 
> debiting the suspense account.
> 
> Good luck,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "cal" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Mariano,
> > 
> > Thanks for your reply.  To answer you question, no we already made up new 
> > vendors and cut checks.  The checks were 'lost'.  So would it be appropriate 
> > to just perform the void in the Bank Transaction window (Void 
> > Transaction-Check)?  Even though it warns you to now too do the void in Bank 
> > Transaction window and should be done in AP?
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > cal
> > 
> > 
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> > 
> > > This will depend on the reasons for voiding the check. Did the vendor not 
> > > cash the check? Are you reissuing the check? Will voiding the check create a 
> > > liability to the vendor? You can certainly void the check in Bank Rec and 
> > > issue a miscellaneous check through Bank Rec again if so needed, but if 
> > > voiding the check will create a new liability that needs to be carried as AP 
> > > then you will need to setup the vendor again.
> > >  
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "cal" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > How do I void a AP check for a temporary vendor ID that was deleted through 
> > > > the "Vendor Mass Delete"?  The vendor history has not been deleted, but when 
> > > > I go to the Void Historical Transactions vendor, it gives me error that the 
> > > > Vendor ID does not exist.  
> > > > 
> > > > What is the best way to void these payable checks?
0
cal (61)
4/13/2009 11:20:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Auto-void Posted SOP Invoice when Invoice in RM is voided
The client wants the ability to void a SOP Sales Transaction entry after it has been posted. The system will void the "receivables" invoice, but will not void the SOP invoice and thus no adjustment is made to inventory (i.e. put the quantities back into inventory). The client wants the ability to Void a Posted invoice and update the inventory quantities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see...

Cannot convert from void to void?
Hi. I am having some strange troubles creating a dropdown menu at my toolbar. I have followed this tutorial: http://www.codejock.com/developer/article05.asp My problem occurs at this line: ON_NOTIFY(TBN_DROPDOWN, AFX_IDW_TOOLBAR, OnToolbarDropDown) which get the odd message: error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CMainFrame::* )(NMTOOLBARA *,LRESULT *)' to 'void (__thiscall CCmdTarget::* )(NMHDR *,LRESULT *)' The OnToolbarDropDown is implemented as: afx_msg void OnToolbarDropDown(NMTOOLBAR* pnmh, LRESULT* plRes); The only difference th...

Adding Check Boxes
xl2000 I have some check boxes that I have put in via the “forms” tool bar. I have linked them to the appropriate cells and get a “true” if checked and a “false” if not checked. How do I add the number of check boxes that are checked? Thanks for all the help!! Mike R. Hi! Just use a Countif on the range of linked cells: =3DCOUNTIF(B1:B10,TRUE) Biff >-----Original Message----- >xl2000 =20 >I have some check boxes that I have put in via the =E2? oforms=E2?=9D tool bar. I have=20 >linked them to the appropriate cells and get a =E2?otrue=E2?=9D=20 if checked and a=20 &g...

Making a check book ledger
I want to set up excel so I have three columns, debits, credits and balance. How do I make it so that it will add or subtract the amount and give me the proper balance each time? Thank you Steven Steven, here is one way, payments starting in E3, deposits starting in F3, starting balance in G2, put this in G3 and copy down =(IF(OR(E3,F3>0), OFFSET(G3,-1,0)- E3+F3,"")) I have a workbook set up for this if you would like to take a look at it let me know your address and I will send you a copy, you may also want to have a look here http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templatega...

Deleted mail notification
In a GroupWise system you can receive notification when a recepient deletes messages you have sent them, is this functionality available in Outlook / Exchange? Thanks. _______________________________________________________________________________ Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><> In the email select Options and Request read receipt. That'll tell yo...

Void EFT Payable payment
Unfortunately, if you void a transaction it doesn’t automatically remove it from the Generate EFT file. If you look at the document before voiding you will see the payment listed as voided but the Generate EFT generates the payment any way. I would like the Generate process to remove any voids from the system from the transmission. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to...

Delete Single Link in "Recent Documents"
I need to delete a specific link from the Recent Documents folder. I know I can delete all links using SHAddToRecentDocs passing NULL as the second parameter, but this clears the entire list and I don't want that. The name of the link is readily available since the file would have been opened and closed just a moment earlier based on user interaction with a CFileDialog. I need to support Win98 so I can't use the OFN_DONTADDTORECENT flag in the OPENFILENAME structure passed to CFileDialog. ...

delete log files
have a filled up drive- no need for logfiles in this instance circumstance would allow circular logging for next few months, before setting though, need to reclaim space on hdd. how to tell which logfiles I can delete and not hose the db? In news:14ABD827-B264-4626-8970-20E5578A4053@microsoft.com, AlexandrDiogenes@hotmail.com <AlexandrDiogeneshotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > have a filled up drive- no need for logfiles in this instance > circumstance would allow circular logging for next few months, before > setting though, need to reclaim space on hdd. how ...

Delete old transactions from an account
Is there a way to mass delete transactions from an account. The transactions are all marked as reconciled so it takes 2 confirmation clicks after I do a delete. I could live with that if I could select multiple to delete. Anyway to do that? You might want to read up on File | Archive but none of the regulars here practice it and most, myself included, actively advise against using it. You can turn off the confirmation on the reconciled transaction somewhere in Tools | Settings. I'm not sure if you can turn off the delete confirmation. You can get pretty fast with Del | Y | <re...

Word 2003 Spell check issues
My last name begins with the letter K. When I type my name and hit enter, the letter K immediately becomes the letter F. I have rechecked fonts, tools, spelling, etc. just about every tab I can think of an nothing works to stop this incorrect spelling of my name. Any ideas out there? Thanks. I'd look at the AutoCorrect list if you haven't already. In 2007, it is the Office orb, Word Options, Proofing,then hit the Autocorrect Options button. Look and see if there isn't an autocorrect item for your name. If so, select the row and then hit Delete. Not sure what this w...

Change Void date on voided AP invoice
We used the wrong void date when we voided an AP invoice in GP 9.0. The void date used was the previous period which in now closed and we'd like to change the void date to the current open period. Does anyone know if this void date can be changed either through GP or directly in the SQL2000 database? Thanks in advance. Doug, You may want to copy and paste the following script into SQL Server Management Studio's query window: declare @newdate datetime declare @vchrnmbr char(20) set @newdate = 'mm/dd/yyyy' set @vchrnmbr = '0000000000XXXX' update pm30200 set voidpda...

Generate AP EFT window
Generate AP EFT window - is there a way to clear the list of previously uploaded EFT files? I would have thought this would work like the Safe Pay window, but it does not. All EFT batches remain in the window so the user has a large list to sort thru. ...

Public Folders will not mount or delete
I cannot mount my First Storage Group Public Folders. I get a message to restart Exchange System Manager and the Information Store service... but this does not work. I was having the same trouble with the mailbox store, but I was able delete and recreate it in another storage group. When I try to delete the public folder group it says that it contains the last MAPI folder tree and cannot be deleted. HELP ... On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:33:44 -0700, StanTech <StanTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I cannot mount my First Storage Group Public Folders. I get a message to >...

Outlook web access deleting my email!
When I use my Outlook Web Access, as of the last 2 weeks when I close a message window, the message gets deleted. Gone. Not even in the deleted mail folder. Why is this happening and what do I do to stop it? ...

Check Box's
Hi, I am using check boxes in a spreadsheet and need them to be bigger tha the size they are. Is it possible to actually change the size of th box itself. You can change the area around it easily, with the handels but whatever i do i can't change the size of the actual box. Also, similar deal with Combo box, can you change the size of the tex that appears. Any help would really be appreciated. Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Fina...

Deleted Items Retention #3
I have a question about the Deleted items retention period. When a user highlights messages from their inbox and does a shift delete without sending them to the deleted items folder, are they recoverable with the deleted itmems retention feature with Exchange by going to tools recover deleted items whithin Outlook? Thanks in advance. Chad This may help shed some more light on Deleted Item Retention, including your particular question about shift-delete. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249680 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blo...

Help check Mailbox Stores and Mount
I want to enumerate our Exchange Mailbox servers, check each mailbox database and mount if not already mounted. I can easily enough do this for Exchange 2007 servers, but not Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2000. Anyone got a creative solution for this in Powershell? Or do I have to learn another scripting language? Check the Exchange 2003 Powerpack on www.powergui.org -- Richard Siddaway All scripts are supplied "as is" and with no warranty PowerShell MVP Blog: http://richardsiddaway.spaces.live.com/ PowerShell User Group: http://www.get-psuguk.org.uk "Do...

Deleting Custom Color Scheme
Hi...trying to delete custom color schemes I no longer need in Pub 2003 palate list. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks. "Lady Beth" wrote: > Hi...trying to delete custom color schemes I no longer need in Pub 2003 > palate list. > Any ideas how to do this? Thanks. ...

Checking a Socket Status
Hello, I am having a problem with a CAsyncSocket where it throws a VERIFY error when I close the socket in debug mode. It occurs only after I close another connection (proprietary protocol), then try to close this socket. The two error codes that have returned are WSANOTINITIALISED and WSAENOTSOCK (which sounds like the socket doesn't even exist), but when I run Close(), I can verify that both the socket object and the SOCKET handle still exist. I also thought that perhaps the DLL that handles sockets was being unloaded when I closed the proprietary connection, but after using ...

delete query question
I have a database for tracking equipment repair requests. Each shift, if they have a problem with a piece of equipment, will enter a "concern" into the database. If both shifts have the same problem then a request for "countermeasure" is created. I have created a select query which brings the two shifts' concerns together if they are the same. This query comes up on a form to show the users what concerns need to be submitted for countermeasure request. The form writes the concerns to another table. Once these concerns are written to this new table, I want to delet...

How to spell check a protected sheet?
I have an Excel spreadsheet that I'm sending out as protected so that certain formatting like data validation lists can't get corrupted by the user. An unwanted side effect of this seems to be that the user is now unable to run spell checking on anything on the sheet, including fields which are total free form text cells. Is there any way to allow spell check to be run of fields that the user has permission to write to while having it skip protected ones? Bill ...

Spell check
I receive two kinds of messages: 1) Spell check has ben halted do you want to send anyway? 2)An error occured while the spelling was being checked. I have XP and the latest version of Internet Explorer 6. System has windows 97 office, word, excel and powerpoint with working spell checks. Is there an upgrade or patch for this problem? Thanks in advance. ...

Not void a voided payment
To have the ability in Great Plains to unvoid a voided payment. It is a long process to run paid transaction removal, remove transaction history while you can just have one click on the mouse to unvoid a payment. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://...

FW: Check out the security package
--qmnihybtxgsxf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="iarymezdvgartnqjr"; type="multipart/alternative" --iarymezdvgartnqjr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="yffufcujhst" --yffufcujhst Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to h...

How to check Mail Forwarding
Hello All, I have some 650 users on my server. For some users I have configured mail forwarding. How can I check out forwarding to a particular E-Mail ID? (e.g., I want to find out, which users are mail being forwarded to abc@abc.com) Thanking you in advance, Regards, Denis Denis wrote: > Hello All, > > I have some 650 users on my server. > For some users I have configured mail forwarding. How can I check out > forwarding to a particular E-Mail ID? > > (e.g., I want to find out, which users are mail being forwarded to > abc@abc.com) > > > Thanking yo...