Void Open Payables Transaction #2

This seems like it should be easier than it's turning out to be.

One of our accounting staff accidentally entered an invoice for 12/14/2020
and it obviously needs to be voided.  However I try to put in the void date
of today and an error message pops up telling me "The void date cannot be
before the document date".  So I change the void date to 12/14/2020 and I
don't the error message, but the transaction isn't removed from the list so
it appears to not be voiding the transaction.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
0
elavelle (62)

Were is the transaction appearing in the inquiry or in the
transactions???? if its in the inquiry just check whether * is there
to the trx which means the document has been voided.

Regards

Reddy

On Jan 11, 12:45 am, elavelle <elave...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> This seems like it should be easier than it's turning out to be.
>
> One of our accounting staff accidentally entered an invoice for 12/14/2020
> and it obviously needs to be voided.  However I try to put in the void date
> of today and an error message pops up telling me "The void date cannot be
> before the document date".  So I change the void date to 12/14/2020 and I
> don't the error message, but the transaction isn't removed from the list so
> it appears to not be voiding the transaction.  Any suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated!
>
> Thank you.

transactions....sorry I should have included that in my original post

"reddy" wrote:

> Were is the transaction appearing in the inquiry or in the
> transactions???? if its in the inquiry just check whether * is there
> to the trx which means the document has been voided.
>
> Regards
>
> Reddy
>

> On Jan 11, 12:45 am, elavelle <elave...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > This seems like it should be easier than it's turning out to be.
> >
> > One of our accounting staff accidentally entered an invoice for 12/14/2020
> > and it obviously needs to be voided.  However I try to put in the void date
> > of today and an error message pops up telling me "The void date cannot be
> > before the document date".  So I change the void date to 12/14/2020 and I
> > don't the error message, but the transaction isn't removed from the list so
> > it appears to not be voiding the transaction.  Any suggestions would be
> > greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Thank you.

0
elavelle (62)

Auto-void Posted SOP Invoice when Invoice in RM is voided
The client wants the ability to void a SOP Sales Transaction entry after it has been posted. The system will void the "receivables" invoice, but will not void the SOP invoice and thus no adjustment is made to inventory (i.e. put the quantities back into inventory). The client wants the ability to Void a Posted invoice and update the inventory quantities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see...

Cannot convert from void to void?
Hi. I am having some strange troubles creating a dropdown menu at my toolbar. I have followed this tutorial: http://www.codejock.com/developer/article05.asp My problem occurs at this line: ON_NOTIFY(TBN_DROPDOWN, AFX_IDW_TOOLBAR, OnToolbarDropDown) which get the odd message: error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CMainFrame::* )(NMTOOLBARA *,LRESULT *)' to 'void (__thiscall CCmdTarget::* )(NMHDR *,LRESULT *)' The OnToolbarDropDown is implemented as: afx_msg void OnToolbarDropDown(NMTOOLBAR* pnmh, LRESULT* plRes); The only difference th...

excel Visual basic opens then closes for users
I have users with Excel 97 on a domain. One of them is learning VB in excel. When she opens the visual basic editor it imedietely opens and then closes. When I do it as administrator it opens and stays open. Obviously a permission issue. Does anyone know how to allow her to open the VB editor in Excel and use it w/out giving her administrator access to the whole computer. I tried giving her write permissions to the Excel.exe but this does not solve the problem. Thanks. ...

Outlook 2000 hangs on opening
I cannot get Outlook 2000 to open. It hangs on the splash screen. All of the other Office 200 programs work. I have tried removing and reinstalling office 2000 and I have downloaded all the updates. Still, Outlook hangs. I have searched the knowledge database and cannot find anything. I'm sure some file has gotten corrupt or has disappeared. HELP! You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlook can't use it at startup to build your toolbars, thus causing the hangups. Try renaming or deleti...

2 NIC cards
Hi I have SBS 2008 with 2 nics. When I configure it for Teaming that 2 nic will shown as one, the internet configuration failed, it cannot see the ip of the nic and the ip of the router. If I configure it as one nic its ok. The server is HP Proliant ML350 G6. Any idea? Than'x Shay __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4901 (20100227) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Hi Shay: You will have to drop off the second nic to run the wizards. Drop off as in ...

Excel 2003 open slow only with domain accounts
If i logon locally on my PC all works fine. If i logon in my pc with user a domain account excel (only it!, word, access and others work fine)takes 1-2 min (splash screen) before open (i set it to open no documents on startup but is the same). I try to delete temporary files and to set up a default printer...nothing. Domain is 2003 (only 1 domain,1 tree, 1 forest) client is an XP (sp1 installed) Any idea? ...

Open Relay DataBase
Is there a way to use the ORDB.ORG Open Relay DataBase in Exchange 2003? "Keith Eaton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to use the ORDB.ORG Open Relay DataBase in >Exchange 2003? Take a look at the Connection filtering tab of the message delivery object. You can enter 1 (in this release) entry there. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm & http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm I placed relays.ordb.org in the connection filter/block list service organization, is this what ...

Spreadsheets have to be open twice to view #2
Every spreadsheet that I double-click to open only opens Excel, but the background is gray. From here I have to open the spreadsheet from within Excel. Is there a global option that can correct this? ...

Pivot #2
Hello All, Some sort of excel glitch here. I have a pivot and a dataset. The pivot shows the item selected but the data is not shown. And when I select only that particular item its all zeros. I checked my data set and its there. Do I have to redo the pivot. I actually just pasted fresh data over the existing pivot and refreshed it . All other data is coming except only one of them. Is this a bug ? any help would be appreciated . thanks Saurabh Saurabh, Sounds like you pasted text values over your number values. Try entering 1 into a blank cell, copying that cell, then selecting the da...

Void EFT Payable payment
Unfortunately, if you void a transaction it doesn’t automatically remove it from the Generate EFT file. If you look at the document before voiding you will see the payment listed as voided but the Generate EFT generates the payment any way. I would like the Generate process to remove any voids from the system from the transmission. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to...

Don't want to automatically open email Outlook 2000
I have recently started using Outlook 2000 instead of Outlook Express. In Express - I was able to preview messages without actually opening the file. In OL2000, the file automatically opens up... is there any way of preventing this. ...

unexpected error #2
hi, i have an issue with outlook.this is only with a specific mail in the draft.whenever i am trying to send that mail in the draft,it says unexpected occur has occured.help me out ....... ...

How do I make a link open in a program rather than a my browser?
I'm using Word 2003 as a web editor for a works website. I want to set my hyperlinks to pictures that open in Microsoft fax viewer rather than opening in the browser. How do I do this. Word is a very poor choice of web editor, but in any case, the application that responds to a particular file type is a local user Windows setting and not something that you can change from the web page. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word...

0x800CCCF4 #2
pal <pal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> http://www.google.com/search?q=0x800CCCF4 -- Brian Tillman ...

cannot open recurring appointments
I dont know if this is an outlook issue or an exchange issue. We are running outlook 2003 w/ exchange 2003. I have a user that when ever he tries to open a recurring appointment he gets , Item cannot be found. Can someone help. Thanks Have you tried "outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy" in the run dialog box? "Stacy" wrote: > I dont know if this is an outlook issue or an exchange issue. We are running > outlook 2003 w/ exchange 2003. I have a user that when ever he tries to open > a recurring appointment he gets , Item cannot be found. > Can someone help. >...

Email #2
How do i forward email to anouther account so i can get email at home? Hi you're probably in the wrong forum :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany russ wrote: > How do i forward email to anouther account so i can get > email at home? click the forward button or Message Forward or Ctrl + F "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message news:u9Thl1zTEHA.1036@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... : Hi : you're probably in the wrong forum :-) : : -- : Regards : Frank Kabel : Frankfurt, Germany : : : russ wrote: : > How do i forward email to anouther ac...

Publisher problems #2
When I open publisher (2000) everything is pink and green, even files I've already made. Can anyone help? I've used this program on my computer for 4 years with no problems. MM wrote: > When I open publisher (2000) everything is pink and green, > even files I've already made. Can anyone help? I've used > this program on my computer for 4 years with no problems. Doesn't anyone know how to search anymore?! http://groups.google.com. This is an FAQ. Unfortunately we've become a "quick fix" society. No one wants to try the help file, search the w...

Problems opening spreadsheets after importing data
Hi, Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I have a rather annoying problem with excel. After I import text data into Excel (whether via a macro, or doing it manually from the menu), I can no longer open a new excel workbook by double-clicking it from the folder view. Even right clicking on the file, and selecting Open does nothing, Excel simply goes back to the previously active workbook and does nothing. Here's what I've tried so far: The file > open command works ok. Closing the worksheet, (but keeping Excel open), fails Closing and re-opening Excel, works ok. Changing o...

Opening an excel file
I used to be able to double-click on an excel file and it would open automatically. Now, all of a sudden, when a double-click an excel file, only the application opens and I need to then browse and open the file. I find this to be a nuisance. How can I return to double-clicking to open a file? -- M.L. Do you have other excel files open at the time or does this happen when opening the first one? Mel;670895 Wrote: > I used to be able to double-click on an excel file and it would open automatically. Now, all of a sudden, when a double-click an excel file, only t...

HTML STATUS BAR #2
At the top of the RMS POS windows there is a status bar which displays my company name and 3 bullet points beneath. What should be display here ? - as even when I have selected an account customer nothing changes (I was expecting to see the account name and telephone number of selected customer) I have searched the forums and found replacement html files but I cannot download any of the samples for amending the status bar as outlook newsreader can only back date to articles from March this year. Also mentioned in past forums it the ability to change the html file used, but this is missi...

Job Opening
Thriving VAR in Orlando Florida looking for consultant with distribution and manufacturing knowledge. email resume to rwhaley@ibgnet.com ...

Rounding Problem #2
This is a typical problem where I have a column of numbers that when rounded, do not total to what you see on the screen. Rather than using the precision as displayed option in Excel, I would like to use a formula that uses the ROUND function that rounds each cell prior to summing. Is there a function or formula that would replace =(ROUND(A1,0))+(ROUND(A2,0))+(ROUND(A3,))...etc? I have tried ROUND(SUM(A1:A20),0) but this rounds after the cells have been summed. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance Hi use the following array formula =SUM(ROUND(A1:A20,0)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germ...

cant open attachments
my pc crashed last week and I had to reformat my hard drive but now I cant find how to change a few settings any help will be appreciated 1, I cant open my attachments in outlook express 2, I run xp pro and I cant find how on the welcome screen I stoped it from saying how many un read e-mails each different user has 3, messenger keeps being signed out because it is signed in in another place I know I changed the settings on my last set-up just cant find how I did it thanks for your time Shane I worked out part 1 trying for 2 and 3 now ty Shane "shane" <leperkni...

The custom form could not be opened
When user tries to read mail from a public folder he/she receives this message. The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. This only happens on the users' personal PC. he/she can open and read the same email from other machines. The OS in NT 4.0 SP6a I have deleted the forms cache file: frmcache.dat I have upgraded Office from Office 2000 SR-1 to Office XP I have upgraded IE to 6.0 SP-1 Everyone has the right to rea...

No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient #2
hi there, When outlook 2000 users send an external(internet) mail immediately they got following error message: No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient. Windows+office XP users do not face any such problem. receiving external mail is okay. regards, Monir OL2000: Error Message: No Transport Provider Was Available for Delivery to This Recipient http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;197417&Product=out2K --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name...