Void Open Invoice

Okay, let me start by saying, I was having a really bad day when I created
this mess.  I thought I was messing around with some invoices in our test
company, but it turns out I was in the live database.  I created a single
item PO, received it, and then matched the invoice but I added a discount,
freight, and misc charges and then posted it.  Soon thereafter I realized my
mistake and contacted someone in accounting and they voided the GL Batch.
However, now there is an open payable transaction I can't void.  I have tried
going to Void Open Transactions and placing a check in the void box and hit
the void button, but it only refreshes the screen but the transaction doesn't
disappear.

Please help me, how can I void this invoice that was never meant to be
created in the first place.

Thanks for your help.
0
elavelle (62)

------=_NextPart_0001_03A737F4

Hello,

The ideal way of fixing this is not to immidiately void the entry created
under GL. Receiving a POP trasnaction increases your inventory quantities,
created an invoice under PM and creates a Journal entry under GL. To have
this fixed, the best way is to create a retrun trasnaction under POP. This
will create an entry under PM that you would need to apply to the initial
invoice. This would also wash out the quantities added under Inventory and
wash out the GL entried created initially.

Since you ahev already reversed the GL entries, you could use the steps
below to have it corrected:
1. Post a return under POP.
2. Apply the transaction created by the return to the initial invoice.
3. delete the journal entry that would be created under GL (since you have
already manually washed out the initial entry, we need to take this out or
it will understate your GL).

Best Regards,

Raymund Gerard I. Miraflor
Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Online Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
 to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
       from the web interface: Partner Feedback
       from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!
------=_NextPart_0001_03A737F4

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello,
\par
\par
\par The ideal way of fixing this is not to immidiately void the entry created under GL. Receiving a POP trasnaction increases your inventory quantities, created an invoice under PM and creates a Journal entry under GL. To have this fixed, the best way is to create a retrun trasnaction under POP. This will create an entry under PM that you would need to apply to the initial invoice. This would also wash out the quantities added under Inventory and wash out the GL entried created initially.
\par
\par Since you ahev already reversed the GL entries, you could use the steps below to have it corrected:
\par 1. Post a return under POP.
\par 2. Apply the transaction created by the return to the initial invoice.
\par 3. delete the journal entry that would be created under GL (since you have already manually washed out the initial entry, we need to take this out or it will understate your GL).
\par
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par
\par Raymund Gerard I. Miraflor
\par Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Online Support
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_03A737F4--

0
v-ramira1 (25)
1/22/2009 11:37:31 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_17E43AD2

Hello

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Kayla Backer

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_17E43AD2

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par Kayla Backer
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_17E43AD2--

0
A-KABACK (111)
1/26/2009 9:56:59 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_221FFB8F

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Kayla Backer

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_221FFB8F

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_221FFB8F--

0
A-KABACK (111)