Void a Manual Payment that has been Applied

I want to void a manual payment but it has already been matched to an
invoice.  The problem is the manual payment was incorrectly keyed for more
than the invoice so I am really trying to fix that by voiding it and rekeying
it.  However, when I go to void it I get an error message that says it
can't be voided if it has been partially applied. So I go to the Apply
screeen but then I can't unapply the payment in the "Apply Payables
Docuyment". It seems as soon as it is matched it disappears from this
screen. I thought I would need to unapply the document then void it but it
doesn't seem to allow me to unapply. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just a tidbit the manual check was made out for too much and applied before
the user realized it. Trying to void and rekey the check for the right
amount.
-1
lawsean (12)

Create a fake invoice to apply the remaining amount of the Manual Payment to
and then void the manual payment and then void the fake invoice.

"lawsean" wrote:

> I want to void a manual payment but it has already been matched to an
> invoice.  The problem is the manual payment was incorrectly keyed for more
> than the invoice so I am really trying to fix that by voiding it and rekeying
> it.  However, when I go to void it I get an error message that says it
> can't be voided if it has been partially applied. So I go to the Apply
> screeen but then I can't unapply the payment in the "Apply Payables
> Docuyment". It seems as soon as it is matched it disappears from this
> screen. I thought I would need to unapply the document then void it but it
> doesn't seem to allow me to unapply. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Just a tidbit the manual check was made out for too much and applied before
> the user realized it. Trying to void and rekey the check for the right
> amount.
0
Jav (133)

Auto-void Posted SOP Invoice when Invoice in RM is voided
The client wants the ability to void a SOP Sales Transaction entry after it has been posted. The system will void the "receivables" invoice, but will not void the SOP invoice and thus no adjustment is made to inventory (i.e. put the quantities back into inventory). The client wants the ability to Void a Posted invoice and update the inventory quantities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see...

? Customer Payment Terms
We are using SBM release 6.2. Is there a way to establish customer terms that are 30% ETD / 70% 60 days? We want to be able to enter, for example, one invoice for $10,000 and then have it age as $3,000 due upon receipt and $7,000 due in 60 days. Thanks for your help! ...

Safe Pay Install and Configure Manual
Can someone point me into the direction of Safe Pay manuals and instructions? I'm running GP 10 SP4. Are there any video references in any of the elearning modules perhaps? Any assistance is appreciated. I posted something like 3 hours ago but it didn't show up. anyway, there's a documentation folder located in the GP install folder. By default it's at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Documentation. look for ElectronicBanking.pdf. I don't know about the e-learning though. let's wait for someone who has gone through the online training and mayb...

Cannot convert from void to void?
Hi. I am having some strange troubles creating a dropdown menu at my toolbar. I have followed this tutorial: http://www.codejock.com/developer/article05.asp My problem occurs at this line: ON_NOTIFY(TBN_DROPDOWN, AFX_IDW_TOOLBAR, OnToolbarDropDown) which get the odd message: error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CMainFrame::* )(NMTOOLBARA *,LRESULT *)' to 'void (__thiscall CCmdTarget::* )(NMHDR *,LRESULT *)' The OnToolbarDropDown is implemented as: afx_msg void OnToolbarDropDown(NMTOOLBAR* pnmh, LRESULT* plRes); The only difference th...

payment frequency
is there a way to add a payment frequency to the default list in the receivables scheduled payments entry...the current list includes semi-monthly, monthly, semi-annual and annual...i would like to add daily and weekly to that list...is it possible? i would really appreciate all the help guys... -- iandale ...

Transfer data manually onto other database
Hello, I am needing to transfer data onto a Mysql database. I have had some advice and am trying to find a software solution. So main features are to be able to migrate large amounts of contacts and data every day. The migration should be done manually. Thanks a lot! Look here: http://www.kitebird.com/articles/access-migrate.html#TOC_6 and here: http://www.bullzip.com/products/a2m/info.php Regards Kevin "Guertas" <Guertas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDFFC964-C78A-446E-A7AA-5F4E632FF20A@microsoft.com... > Hello, > >...

AR Payment Discounts
We allow our customers term discounts on the AR Invoices that we are entering into SOP. The invoices have many items on them. However, the customers only get a discount on certain items and not all of them. Is there a way to set an item so that it does or doesn't not factor into the Discount Terms calculation (GP 10)? It is a percent Discount. Also can there be multiple % discounts based on the payment? <5 days 5%, <10 days 4% Jason I found an earlier post with some ideas on how to do the tiered discounts: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/brow= se_t...

Void EFT Payable payment
Unfortunately, if you void a transaction it doesn’t automatically remove it from the Generate EFT file. If you look at the document before voiding you will see the payment listed as voided but the Generate EFT generates the payment any way. I would like the Generate process to remove any voids from the system from the transmission. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to...

RMS 2.0 User Manuals
Hello, Where can I get RMS 2.0 User Manuals in PDF format? Does such a thing exist? -Thank you They are available on CustomerSource in pdf format. Click on Documentation on the left side of the main menu. Marc "Haik" <Haik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D562D50E-37C1-4F72-85CB-567B88208277@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Where can I get RMS 2.0 User Manuals in PDF format? Does such a thing > exist? > > -Thank you ...

Change Void date on voided AP invoice
We used the wrong void date when we voided an AP invoice in GP 9.0. The void date used was the previous period which in now closed and we'd like to change the void date to the current open period. Does anyone know if this void date can be changed either through GP or directly in the SQL2000 database? Thanks in advance. Doug, You may want to copy and paste the following script into SQL Server Management Studio's query window: declare @newdate datetime declare @vchrnmbr char(20) set @newdate = 'mm/dd/yyyy' set @vchrnmbr = '0000000000XXXX' update pm30200 set voidpda...

Not void a voided payment
To have the ability in Great Plains to unvoid a voided payment. It is a long process to run paid transaction removal, remove transaction history while you can just have one click on the mouse to unvoid a payment. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://...

Cannot log in as sa after applying 8.0 SP#2
I read through the sp update manual and did run the util for Smartlist (as I am running an upgraded version of 8.0). HOwever, when I try and log into a company with sa, it just hangs. I can't log in at all. The dexsql.log says nothing (ie no errors etc). It could just be coincidental but you may want to check your network connectivity and ensure the server is actually running. Try going to a command prompt and ping your server by IP address and by name. "Luvsql" <Luvsql@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B33C247-DF03-4ABD-B94C-6E414C40FA4C@microso...

Apply this correction patch
--qxawfzgjyfostdj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="xfkfoecllavyzv"; type="multipart/alternative" --xfkfoecllavyzv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ybxwmcbe" --ybxwmcbe Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the se...

Comments on Manual Calculation on certain sheets.
I have a sheet in a workbook with array functions that slows down performance with calculation on automatic (which I need for the other sheets). Would it not have been useful to be able to set a single sheet to Manual and update when needed in the same way Pivot Tables work? One way to work around this is to save the Array Formula sheet in another workbook. I have browsed some of the posts on Excel's way of handling Automatic/Manual recalculation and it seems as if there is room for improvement or are there important reasons that I am not aware of? Any comments. Laurence Lombard Hi ...

Applying Credit to a Customers Invoice
In Money Plus, I have a customer that has a credit due to an overpayment. On the next invoice, I tried to credit the customer and clicked on apply credit, but it doubled the credit and posted the invoice total to my checking account. How do I apply a credit to a customers invoice without it posting to my checking account? =?Utf-8?B?RWxpemFiZXRo?= <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 01 Apr 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > In Money Plus, I have a customer that has a credit due to an > overpayment. On the next invoice, I tried to credit the customer and >...

Void Orders
Is the a way to void numerous orders at once? I have 175 orders that need to be voided and would like to do the process only once. Deleting the documents is not an option as I need to retain the document and reason for voiding it available for customer service purposes. -- HK If you are able to identify the 175 orders in a smartlist by filtering on a criteria(s), then you can record a macro to go and void the transactions. You might want to record a macro voiding 10 documents and then just repeat it. For example, if all the 175 orders were part of the same batch, then you ...

Create a Phone Call Manual Workflow
Hi, I am having problems creating a manual workflow for phone calls. I wrote the .NET assembly and created and activated the workflow logic using the Workflow Manager. There isn't much logic anyway. No if statements. Just a call to the assembly. So after activating it I went to CRM and Clicked Activities. Then from the Type drop down list I selected Phone Call expecting to get a "More Actions" button next to the delete one but nothing happened. I am guessing it is some kind of setting that I would need to turn on, but which one is it? Any suggestions will be appreciated. T...

Void Invoices printing as Invoices, not Void
I downloaded the customersource FullPageInvoice.XML. This solved the problem we had with "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt" printing at the top right of the transaction, but created a new challenge of Void transactions being labelled "Invoice". The instruction in the file that is different than the old "FullPageSlip.XML" reads as follows: <COLUMNHEADER> <ALIGNMENT> ">~" </ALIGNMENT> <WIDTH> PageWidth * 0.40 </WIDTH> <IF><CONDITION> Transaction....

discounts not applying on transactions.
I cannot seem to get my item discounts to automatically apply during a transaction. I've tried the mix and match and the buy X, get Y options, and selected the items the discount should be applied to, but during a transaction, the items come up at the regular price. I'm pretty inexperienced with this program and I am getting frustrated. HELP please. When adding the items to the transaction are they meeting the requirements of your discount schemes? Can you give some examples? Rob "khopek" <khopek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72C9A557-6743-...

Inserting a signature "manually"
Outlook/Office 2003. How does one command the insertion of one's "signature" with a menu selection or a keyboard shortcut when the default is not to insert it? I have insertion of my "signature" (personal data) set to automatic for initiated messages and not for replies. That's fine for 99% of the time. But if I am replying to a "broadcast" message (sent to "everyone," and the sender may not know me personally), then I would like to optionally include my "signature." I don't find it on the "Insert" menu, nor anywhere ...

Applying Payments
I missapplied a payment from a customer last month. Is there any way to fix this after you have run the Paid Transaction Removal utility? Thanks Angie The only way I know how to do it is to use the Receivables Management Transaction Unapply tool from the Professional Services Tools Library. It's an extra-cost module that we use here quite a bit. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Angie" wrote: > I missapplied a payment from a customer last month. Is there any way to fix > this after you have run the Paid Transactio...

(void **)&x
BYTE * a; What does this mean (void **)&a ? -mec It looks like an unspecified pointer type to a pointer to the address of a BYTE pointer which, from you example, is not assigned to any data space :o). It also looks confusing. This link might help you: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/language/tutorial/pointers.html Tom "mec" <mec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E594D380-7505-4E11-BDC6-082F7E3C358E@microsoft.com... > > BYTE * a; > > What does this mean (void **)&a ? > > -mec On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:07:02 -0700, mec <me...

A/R Trial Balance showing fully applied transactions #2
I wanted to repost this thread with the issue decribed which was never answered since I am having the same issue. Is there any way to not have this show on Historical Aged TB? "Crystal" wrote: > We are having the same issue. For one particular customer, I have a return > from 2007 that has been fully applied but is still showing on the Historical > Aged Trial Balance. If I run an Aged Trial Balance, the customers balance is > correct. It just appears to be the Historical report. This isn't the only > customer this is happening for. Also, we have multip...

When voiding intercompany payables transactions, they should void.
When intercompany payables transactions are voided in the originating company, they should void out of the destination company's general ledger also. Currently it is necessary to make a manual journal entry in the destination company. It is too easy to forget that step or make an error in the journal entry. ...

debt reduction loan rounding payment
Hello, My debt reduction plan is rounding my loan payment to 106.00 instead 105.26 It will not let me alter it. The loan account is 105.26 How can I fix this? Thanks Frank You can't. DRP rounds up. Who knows why. Doesn't really matter besides change the projected out of debt date by a few seconds or maybe a minute or two. "FRANK ROCCO" <farocco@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%238s3xwrPGHA.2336@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How can I fix this? Dick Watson wrote: > You can't. DRP rounds up. Who knows why. Doesn't really matter besides > cha...