Vision for Dynamics GP

Has anybody used Vision? It is a third party reporting tool.
0
gonedgp

where can i get this tool.????

ObjectDumper LINQ To Export Collection Via .NET Reflection
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/21737599-5a63-4672-a32c-a36cca282a3f/objectdumper-linq-to-export-collection-via-net-reflection.aspx
0
natarajan

ODBC an GP 2010
I've just finished an upgrade from V8 to GP 2010 (and to a new Win 2008 server). The server is fine. I had the install create the ODBC at each of 17 workstations. None of them work. I've tested the ODBC and it fails to connect to the server. I cannot create a new Native 10.0 Client connection either. I can create a SQL connection using Named Pipes but it appears that cannot be used for GP 2010. Workstations are all XP 32 bit, server is 64 bit. Not sure if this is a GP 2010 issue or not but I'm hoping to not have to bring them back to V8!! -- Gina Hoener, MCT Sum...

How to create dynamically custom static control
Hi all, I am writing a single document MFC application (without doc view architecture) in which I wanted to dynamically create CStatic class derived class instance for some custom control. How should I proceed. Could you please explain me the steps. Thanks, Arsalan Call it's Create function would be the short answer. But without seeing the class signature it will be kind of hard to help you out. By the way if you are using a CView, you can switch to a CFormView and use a dialog template to layout your controls. AliR. "Arsalan Ahmad" <arsal__@hotmail.com> wrote...

GP 9.0 General Ledger Posting date is missing or invalid
I'm hoping this is an easy fix since I can't find any comments on this error. When I attempt to post Sales transaction batches, no matter how I have configured the system I always receive an error in the posting report stating **ERROR: The General Ledger posting date is missing or invalid. Does anyone have any advice on how to get around this? Thanks! Louis Delouiser Louis, I have seen this happen when you have existing transactions and change you posting setup options. Try this as a test: open one of the transactions that is getting this error, move it to a new batch...

Upgrading to MBS Dynamics V9 SP1 issues for developers
So we're trying to get all set up with SP1, and having some issues. The actual Dynamics SP1 installation seems to go ok, and we can get into Dynamics the regular way. But when we try getting into it with test mode, we get a "A product installed on your computer is on a different version than the database version. You will not be able to use the application until this issue is resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to assist in resolving this issue." The problems with this error message are: 1) The log file doesn't exist. 2) The dictionary we&#...

Dynamic glue and separating connectors
Hi, I am using dynamic glue to connect a number of rectangles on my page. All dynamic connectors are currently straight. There are a lot of rectangles, so often there are multiple connectors going to the same edge of the same shape. Therefore, there is a some overlap. I have set the shape->layout->spacing to 2.5mm connector to connector, yet this doesn't separate the connectors. How do I achieve this? Tony ...

XP-32 can't read dynamic disk set after Win7 install
I've got XP Pro 32-bit, XP x64 installed and did a clean install of Win7 Pro. I have a couple of dynamic disks which have stripe and volume sets on them. Win7 apparently "touched" them in some way and XP 32-bit can't read them. Trying to "reactivate" in Disk Management produces errors in the event logs of "Format Error was found in configuration copy" and "Internal Error: The disk group contains no valid configuration copies". Now, XP x64 can read the dynamic disks just fine (as well as Win7 which continues t...

Dynamic Ranges
Hello, I need to develop a function which uses a range. The range is dynamic based upon a Lease Term. Example: I have a 5 year lease - The range will encompase 5 cells (A1:E1). I will always know the starting Cell. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks ACase Not sure i understand the question - what do you want to know? do you want to know how to develop a function that uses a range - if so, any particular function do you want to know how to create a dynamic range - if so, check out dynamic ranges at www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Cheers JulieD "ACase" <A...

Dynamic Chart Formula Question
I'm trying to create a worksheet that can be copied with an embedded dynamic chart. I created the named formulas at the worksheet level and then entered the names in the worksheet formula dialog box and the chart works fine. The part that doesn't work is that when I copy the worksheet the named formulas update to the new name of the copied sheet but the chart formula doesn't update properly. I've tried inserting indirect references into the chart formula and that didn't work. Is there a way to get the chart formula to update on the copied worksheet? Hi, this is probab...

Tab Generates a Beep on Text Box when Using VS Tools for GP
Hi: I am just getting started with VSTools for GP. I created a very simple from the is accessed off the Extras menu. The form has three text boxes on it (Amount, StartDate, EndDate) against which I have code on the validating and validate events. A code sample is below: Private Sub StartDate_Validated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles StartDate.Validated startDateErrorProvider.SetError(StartDate, "") End Sub Private Sub StartDate_Validating(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs) Handles StartDate.Validating S...

Relating Product Serial Numbers in Dynamics GP and Dynamics CRM
Hello, This is really a two part question and of course i'll start with my first. #1 We’re currently looking to purchase Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Dynamics GP to accommodate the growing needs of our business. One of the largest reasons we’re looking to move to this new infrastructure is due to the lack of support our current systems have for “sales leads” and “product maintenance” plans. A critical part of these new processes is to have our new CRM & GP package support some sort of tight integration between the line item in a sale within GP and the registered “acc...

Need GP independant consultant for Chicago Area
We are starting to implement GP in our office, and would like to find an independant GP consultant in the area. Pleae just reply to this. We use Crestwood Associates www.crestwood.com "Rick Neubauer" wrote: > We are starting to implement GP in our office, and would like to find an > independant GP consultant in the area. Pleae just reply to this. Hi Rick, Flip me an email and I can connect you to a local resource. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "Rick Neubauer" wrote: >...

Microsoft Dynamics Vision
Hi! I once saw a diagram of how Dynamics products layer over SQL Server, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, SharePoint, Exchage etc. Does anyone know where I can find this again? Thanks for any help you can provide! -- Julie Send me an e-mail and I'll reply with that diagram. My e-mail can by found by clicking my profile. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Julie" wrote: > Hi! > I once saw a diagram of how Dynamics products layer over SQL Server, > Reporting Services, Analysis Services, SharePoint, Exchage etc. Does anyone > know where I can find this again? >...

MS Dynamics Connector GP-CRM Spanish Version
I would like to suggest the creation of the MS Dynamics Connector for GP-CRM in a Spanish Version. The connector installer that exists only works for both english product version (GP and CRM). We are Microsoft Certified Gold Partner and we understand that we can create more opportunities for Latin America if this feature is available. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link...

Dynamic Charts #7
I have a 2 column data set that I need to chart. The last row of this dataset can increase or decrease. I need the chart to reflect the values dynamically. For this, I am calculating the last row value in the macro and transferring it to the variable "lr". When I try to introduce the value of lr in the following statement and run it, I get an error "Run-time error '1004': Method 'run' of object '_application' failed" activechart.setsourcedata source:=sheets(custname).range("c1:d" & lr & "), plotby:=xlcolumns Does ...

Dynamic multi-dimensional array
Is it possible to create a dynamic multi-dimensional array? I know the following will not work, but something to the effect: dim arr() dim s as string s = "5, 6, 10" redim arr(s) 'i.e. redim arr(5, 6, 10) Thanks. Dim Arr as variant arr = array(5,6,10) DSH wrote: > > Is it possible to create a dynamic multi-dimensional array? I know the > following will not work, but something to the effect: > > dim arr() > > dim s as string > > s = "5, 6, 10" > > redim arr(s) 'i.e. redim arr(5, 6, 10) >...

dynamic menu
Does anybody have any sample on how to build menu dinamically using xml files? Dan has some on his site. http://www.xmlforasp.net/search.aspx?searchText=menu This one is useful. http://www.xmlforasp.net/codeSection.aspx?csID=20 Thanks. Mark PM - System.Xml -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. "cribeiro" <cribeiro@lexxa.com.br> wrote in message news:OclagBccDHA.652@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anybody have...

Dell Retail Integrator vs Dynamic Touch Primo 200
Hello, Does anyone have experience with Dell Retail Integrator or Dynamic Touch Primo 200? Currently we are using Dynamic Touch Cobra in one of our stores. I have had many issues happening within a month. The system is less than 2 yrs old. First the HDD completely failed, then the video card, the we get a rental and the video card busted again. Our partner assumed it's the electrical line power supply. We do use a UPS, but he suggested we get a line conditioner. We are opening another store and our partner is suggesting purchasing a newer model Dynamic Touch Primo 200. I'm ki...

Dynamic range chart losing its dynamism..??
Help, have set up a named range using offset for the desired chart range, this is a contiguous range with series in rows and the series names in the first column (i can do without the xaxis labels for now) the number of series is high, frm 20 - 150 ish (below the 256 max) i create a stacked are using a nondynamic range that looks as i want then right click on chart, source data, type in data range the sheet name and name range. Thant works, gives me the data i want But when i go back to the chart to review the source datam it loses the formula and just gives me the 'hard-coded' ...

repost: plz help- dynamic range with gaps?
Excel 2003 on Win 2000 I have a range of cells that I need to graph; each cell in the range has a formula, but may or may not have actual data (so I can use an IF statement to leave it blank or N/A). My (internal) customer wants a column graph that only shows X-axis points for the cells that have values- e.g. I need to supress the blank values completely. How can I do this? I'm thinking a named range, but I don't know what formula will give me the desired results... For example: (raw data) Cats 100 Dogs 150 Ferrets 0 (or NA) Fish 50 my graph needs to show: X ...

CRM Connector for GP 10
For customers that pay for updates, there is no reason we should have to wait on deployment because of failure on the part of Microsoft. We pay to have updates for both GP and CRM. So when the new version of GP came out (v. 10), we EXPECTED that there would be a link available as well to CRM since we're running an integrated environment between these two products. But much to our surprise and frustration, we were told we have to wait for months before a connector will be available! This is BAD business! So our GP 10 deployment is now delayed while we wait on a connector relea...

Dynamic charting problems (events)
I am in the process of implementing some dynamic charting and have run into some problems that I cannot see to get past. I was hoping someone else had seen this issue before. I have distilled my problem down to a simple example, though. Given the following sample sheet: Jan Feb Mar Gross 1 10 100 Cogs 2 20 200 Exp. 3 30 300 Misc 4 40 400 If I chart that sheet range and choose to PlotBy (Series in) rows (default), thus putting the row titles on the legend. The chart type doesn't matter too much, but for the sake of this exercise, I chose Clusterd Colum...

Conditional SUM Wizard does not work with dynamic list.

Microsoft Dynamics GP Overview Documentation
Hi: Where can I find overview documentation for Great Plains 10? We currently use the Purchasing and Financial Modules. JanieB, 1) If using GP 10, go to Help (?) > Printable Manuals. 2) If you have upgraded from v9 to v10, then you can always check the What's New, under Help (?) > What's New or check the Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 Unleashed handbook published by Accolade Publications. Click on http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com/Solutions.html and follow the Accolade Publications link, then click on Free Stuff. Sign up and you will receive a copy via email. 3) Yo...

Vision and Web page?
Hi I am new to Visio. However, I am working on a Org Chart. This org chart maybe will go up on department web page. I want to know if I use the "Custom Properties" on the org chart, will this feature also be available on the web version? Thank you. ...

VLOOKUP -- DYNAMIC TABLE_ARRAY VALUE
I am trying to build a dataset (table) of values compiled from the contents of many input worksheets. I would like to know if there is a way to pass the table_array argument to vlookup based upon a text value stored in a cell (which represents a named range) on another worksheet. For example, the name DW_160 contains the range of the data stored in the worksheet "BOOK 160", the name DW_185 contans the range of the data stored in the worksheet "BOOK 185". Each of these sheets contain various products and their prices. Each of these sheets is in identical format. I...