Viewing Excel Reports as local user

Hi,

I am trying to open up a Excel report that was generated from Dynamics GP10.
It gives me the following error: Cannot generate SSPI contect' when trying to
refresh.
Please advise all steps I need to take to enable me to run this.

When I say OK I keep getting a error message when exporting the report from
GP 10 to  Excel.  A window opens prompting for a user name and password.  sa
works
fine.  When trying to use a normal user id getting this message
Connection Failed
SQLState 42000
SQL Server Error 18456

I have been using KB 949524 to troubleshoot other issues.  This KB doesn't
cover this specific issue.   This client is using Office 2007.

In SQL Server 2005 I have tried setting up a local user (as my user is not
yet on a domain). I have granted the user all the roles starting with rpt*
e.g.
rpt_accountingmanager, rpt_bookkeeper, rpt_certifiedaccountant

I see if someone elses request it was said:
Those excel reports are looking for windows login information, not the gp
info.  You'll need to make sure you add security in SQL for the windows
logins for those users.  Then add the report roles to those logins.

I have tried this but keep getting issues as mentioned above - probably to
do with me not being on a domain.

Any suggestions on how to correct this issue?

Thanks,
Neil

0
NeilPalmer (76)

------=_NextPart_0001_033A497A

Hello,

Thanks for posting to Newsgroups.

From the research I have done on the error here, this is most likely an
issue with your account not being on the domain. It appears that when the
report is refreshed or opened, it will be trying to validate your account
on the AD. Since this is hte case, I would recommend adding your account to
the domain, or trying this with an account that is already on the domain to
see if that resolves the issue for you.

Regards,
Jerad
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
 to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
       from the web interface: Partner Feedback
       from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!
------=_NextPart_0001_033A497A

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello,
\par
\par Thanks for posting to Newsgroups.
\par
\par From the research I have done on the error here, this is most likely an issue with your account not being on the domain. It appears that when the report is refreshed or opened, it will be trying to validate your account on the AD. Since this is hte case, I would recommend adding your account to the domain, or trying this with an account that is already on the domain to see if that resolves the issue for you.
\par
\par Regards,
\par Jerad
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_033A497A--

0
jplesuk (118)
1/22/2009 9:38:53 PM
Thanks will try asa domain user.
Regards the Citrix users - I read the users need to be made local
administartors - how would this work ina Citrix environment where security is
very tight?

"Jerad [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for posting to Newsgroups.
>
> From the research I have done on the error here, this is most likely an
> issue with your account not being on the domain. It appears that when the
> report is refreshed or opened, it will be trying to validate your account
> on the AD. Since this is hte case, I would recommend adding your account to
> the domain, or trying this with an account that is already on the domain to
> see if that resolves the issue for you.
>
> Regards,
> Jerad
> Microsoft Online Support Engineer

> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
>  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
>
> We also love to hear your product feedback!
> Let us know what you think by posting
>        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
>        from your newsreader:
> microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
> We look forward to hearing from you!
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
> so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
NeilPalmer (76)
1/23/2009 5:11:01 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_076922EE

Hello,

Thanks for posting to Newsgroups.

I am assuming that your Excel Reports are deployed to a network share in
your environment or on one of the Citrix machines?

If so, when you initially deploy the reports only local administrators on
that machine and sysadmins in SQL will be able to access the reports.
However, you can give other users the ability to access the reports without
making them a local administrator on that machine. Specifically, Question
and Answer #2 under the "Questions and answers about security" section of
KB article 949524 explains the minimum permissions a user will need to the
network share. In addition, other permissions for the users will be
required at the database level in SQL which question #2 and #5 under that
section of the KB article explain in more detail.

Regards,
Jerad
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
 to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
       from the web interface: Partner Feedback
       from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!
------=_NextPart_0001_076922EE

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello,
\par
\par Thanks for posting to Newsgroups.
\par
\par I am assuming that your Excel Reports are deployed to a network share in your environment or on one of the Citrix machines?
\par
\par If so, when you initially deploy the reports only local administrators on that machine and sysadmins in SQL will be able to access the reports. However, you can give other users the ability to access the reports without making them a local administrator on that machine. Specifically, Question and Answer #2 under the "Questions and answers about security" section of KB article 949524 explains the minimum permissions a user will need to the network share. In addition, other permissions for the users will be required at the database level in SQL which question #2 and #5 under that section of the KB article explain in more detail.
\par
\par Regards,
\par Jerad
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_076922EE--

0
jplesuk (118)

Cannot view vendor list on Business Portal
I try view the vendor list on purchasing center Page, but show this message "An error occurred while retrieving data from Microsoft Dynamics GP. Administrator, see the server log for more information" ...

How to use a ListCtrl in a doc/view application?
I have build a application with a CFormView with a ListControl on the dialog resource. I want to know where you are suppose to declare the variable that is used to reference that listcontrol. I Just used the class wizard to add a reference to it in my view class, but how to I access that variable in my document class. I want to say update my list from within the doc class, How do I do that? Hope this all makes sense. >I have build a application with a CFormView with a ListControl on the dialog >resource. I want to know where you are suppose to declare the variable that >is used to...

View formatting in draft view
I used to know how to view an on screen list of the formatting for each paragraph in draft view, but I have forgotten how to do this, and I can't find it in help. Please help. -- Dana I believe you are referring to the style area. In Word 2007, you can enable its display at Office button | Word Options, Advanced category: "Style area pane width in Draft and Outline views." -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "danappofc" <danappofc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E1C59D86-9CC0-46FE-8EB5-5AF0E1444F1B@microsoft.com... >I used to know how t...

importing multiple text files into Excel with corresponding filenames
Dear members, I need to import 100+ text files into Excel. In addition I want EACH Excel column to show corresponding filename too (where the data comes from). How do I accomplish this? TIA Correction: In addition I want EACH Excel ROW to show corresponding filename (where the data comes from). instead of > .... EACH Excel column .... Files are comma delimited Check out your other post. There is no need to multi-post . -- Jacob "avi" wrote: > Correction: > > In addition I want EACH Excel ROW to show corresponding filename >...

Excel Freezes
We are using Excel 2002 and it freezes quite a bit but only when you close the program. I have installed SP1 and 2 and the problem is still present. Sometimes it will freeze and other times it will not. Very Frustrating -Please Help One of the things that excel does when you're closing it is save your customized toolbar file (*.xlb). And if that gets corrupted, it can give excel trouble. close excel windows start button|find (or search) for *.xlb rename them all to *.xlbOLD Test it out. If it worked, dump all those *.xlbOLD files and rebuild your toolbar. If it didn't help, ...

Excel 2007 Crashing Problem #2
My company has been riddled with Excel 2007 crashing since we started migrating to the 07 suite. Two users who prominently use Excel for their job tasks have seen many issues mainly when converting .xls documents to .xlsx. The common theme i have seen here has been file size and weather or not the file contains links. Both users also work heavily with graphs. My question is, has there been reported problems with converting large excel files to the new format? Or has there been a graphing problem? ...

Can't view PF properties
When ever I try to get to my public folder properties I first get a "Enter Network Password" dialog box. I try to type in the Admin password 4x and than get the error message: Access Denied. Facility: Win32 ID no: 80070005 Exchange Service Manager I am trying to get to the properties screen to give a user permissions to the folder. Can anyone help ...

how do i link cells that contain text in excel
i am creating a spreadsheet that will have several cells that contain the same as another cell - either number or text - is there anyway to link so when i type (example) the number 3 in cell A2 it will also appear in cells C12 and D42. thanking everyone in advance for their assistance. It can be done in 2 Methods. Method 1:- Place the cursor in C12 and press = and type A2. Now it will show the A2 cell value 3 in C12. if you place the cursor in C12 it will show the formula as =A2. Follow the same step for D42 also. Method 2:- Place the cursor in C12 and press = and type I...

SSRS Web Service
have written a code using SRS 2005 where report will download in PDF/ EXCEL format. All work fines except when we downoad same report concurrenlty. When same report is downloaded by 4-5 users simultaneously some of the users get error: Exception:System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 405: Method Not Allowed at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[...

ADO
Trying to use ADO to move some data to Excel Excel shows an error when: Dim Connection As ADODB.Connection is executed. This is the program: Sub AccessToExcel() Dim DBFullName As String Dim Cnct As String, Src As String Dim Connection As ADODB.Connection Dim Recordset As ADODB.Recordset Dim Col As Integer Cells.Clear ' Database information DBFullName = "E:\db.accdb" ' Open the connection Set Connection = New ADODB.Connection Cnct = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;" Cnct = Cnct & "Data Source=" & DBFullName & ";"...

Find & Replace
How can I get a summary of how many replacements have been made using Find/Replace cammand and using option replace all. Using Excel 97 and Win XP. Had it in the past using Excel 97 and Win 98. Any chance you were using a utility from Jan Karel Pieterse? You can find FlexFind here: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ Claes G wrote: > > How can I get a summary of how many replacements have been made > using Find/Replace cammand and using option replace all. > > Using Excel 97 and Win XP. > > Had it in the past using Excel 97 and Win 98. -- Dave Peterson Sorry Dave, I m...

How to get local computer My Document FULL path?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. How to acquire full path of every computer My Document folder? So when my application ran, it will directly detect the new full path. Thank you very much. "Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D378F204-D5FA-43AF-8CE7-21197C45571C@microsoft.com... >I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. How to acquire full path of every computer My > Document folder? So when my application ran, it will directly detect the > new > full path. > What do you mean by "Every Computer"? Are you looking to find My Documents folde...

Outlook 2002 views grouping/sorting
I noticed a (irritating) difference between Outlook 2000 and 2002 definition of folder Views. Back in 2000, you could set to group by Conversation Topic, which lumped all emails with the same email subject together. Now it was still sorted by date first, meaning the subject-topic with the most recent received (descending) email with be positioned on top. So it was going by Sort, then Group. Now in 2002, the priority has been reversed. It is grouped first then sorted by date. Meaning the email subject with the first in alphabetical order will ALWAYS be positioned on top, even when its latest ...

Selling Excel Spreadsheets
Does anyone know if there is any active selling of Excel spreadsheet programs out there other then what comes from 'Create for Hire' type activities. eBay for example -- Regards... ...

Extender fields added to Report Writer and Crystal Reports
I have added an Extender window on an SOP document with date information. I would like to know how to get access to the tables to pull the fields onto Report Writer and Crystal Reports. -- Thanks for your help Please see KB article # 861813 and search partnersource/customersource on adding Extender Data to GP As for Crystal, you will have to build an SQL view and then add the view to your Crystal REport. HS "shoedog" <shoedog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7C64101-DE4B-4AFD-A897-DAF6F10613B4@microsoft.com... >I have added an Extender window on a...

Installed products view
Hi, all: We've got a requirement to develop a view to show the full picture of a customer (a 360� view). The standard "account" details form shows almost everything we need to see, except the products that are installed for each client (regarless in which sales order they were purchased). We need some kind of "union" between installation sales orders and deactivation sales orders. Copying the solution we know from other CRM platforms, we're going to build a new table (i.e. assets), which will be similar to the offer items or sales order items, but will refl...

Viewing Tasks
Outlook 2007 We are trying to use the Task feature of Outlook more effectively. Toward that end, I have given my supervisor Author permissions to my task list. He is able to view my task list (he even gets my custom views) and he can assign me tasks. Now he would like to have a view where he can see all the tasks that he has assigned to all employees, and see all those tasks in a single view. Is there any way to do that? --Tom yes. If he has Assigned Tasks, when he did so left the setting ON "keep updated copies of Assigned Tasks on my Task List". In his Tasks folde...

create views in a dialog based application
hi, I need to have a few views (fixed number) in a frame in a Dialog based application. Something like the multiple document (some views that can be freely moved, resized, ... ). How can it be implemented in a dialog application? I do not need the open/save/document view structure/... . A class derived from CFrameWnd somehow does this, the problem is that this class can move outside of its parent. Thanks a lot, Behzad It can be done but why would you want to do it. If you want Doc/View and a dialog app, look at CFormView which takes dialog as a template. Having said that, you can u...

how do I read excel documents on microsoft works?
I've been sent a document on Excel, and only owing XP home edition I cannot create an association with any existing program that I am aware of. Anyone have any ideas? Try downloading the Excel viewer from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN -- Regards, Juan Pablo Gonz�lez Excel MVP "Sotonseagull" <Sotonseagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37CF0032-472A-43BB-806A-F8EB40AA231B@microsoft.com... > I've been sent a document on Excel, and only owing XP home editi...

CRM Client user without local admin rights? 10-20-03
Is it possible to run the CRM client without having to add the user to the local admin group? As 1.0 is now, you have to add the user to the local admin group so you can install the software under their account. Then you have to keep their account a part of this group so MSDE can syncronize correctly (according to MS). Is there a workaround for this? I sure hope there is because I am not crazy about having my users belonging to the local admin group on their machines. Actually, I still have a hard time believing MS designed the client this way since this goes against very common...

Refresh Excel Webpage
I have an Excel spreadsheet comprised of 9 worksheets. I need to be abl to save as a webpage and allow a number of individuals open the web pag an keep it open. While open, the page needs to be refreshed frequentl since the spreadsheet is updated constantly. I have tried adding th following: <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="15"> but each time the the spreadsheet updated and saved as a webpage th file is over written thus no refresh code. I have tried creating a webpage with a frame but when the pag refreshes the frame does not, though F5 will refresh the pag...

Excell #3
Does anyone no how to set a formula to do this, there is different ranges like 0-499,500-799,800-999 and with each range there is a perentage attached like 0-499=1%,500-799=2%,800-999=3%. If a price falls into the range need the percentage like 303=3.03 or 805=24.15. thanks Mike =LOOKUP(B1,{0,500,800,1000},{0.01,0.02,0.03})*B1 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:28:15 -0800, americasmattress8888 <americasmattress8888@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone no how to set a formula to do this, >there is different ranges like 0-499,500-799,800-999 and w...

Excel to HTML Conversion
I basically developed the way a website looks, as well as the content, in an Excel workbook. I realize that this is likely not a good way to develop a website but I am very familiar with Excel and it was easiest to at least develop the "look" using Excel. Included in this Excel "website" file are different sheets for the different pages, pictures, lots of background coloring, different fonts, text boxes with special coloring effects, etc. I have also included hyperlinks in the cells to jump to the appropriate page (i.e., worksheet). I basically know nothing about creati...

Task List
A great convenience would be to show the task list as well as my inbox. Any way to show it ? TIA ~~N~~ Not until Office 2007. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, ~~Nightcrawler~~ asked: | A great convenience would be to show the task list as well as my | inbox. Any way to show it ? TIA | | ~~N~~ ...

Viewing Spreadsheet Data
When viewing the spreadsheet data on a particular excel file, using a network. The spreadsheet file shows a blank sheet until viewed in print preview. The data is visible on one computer but not the other. The data prints OK but is not visible! Any suggestions? ...