Version Comparison 9.0 to 10.0

Dear Experts,

I am trying to find a document to support one of my customers as to why he
needs to upgrade from 9.0 to 10.0, but for the past 30min "Professor Google"
isnt helping.

I would really appreciate if someone could send me few links or documents to
support it...

Thanks much in advance!
--
Girish J Bhatia
MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA

Girish,

This post might help:
http://jordev.net/blogs/daoudm/archive/2007/11/28/microsoft-dynamics-gp-10-0.aspx

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Girish J Bhatia" wrote:

> Dear Experts,
>
> I am trying to find a document to support one of my customers as to why he
> needs to upgrade from 9.0 to 10.0, but for the past 30min "Professor Google"
> isnt helping.
>
> I would really appreciate if someone could send me few links or documents to
> support it...
>
> Thanks much in advance!
> --
> Girish J Bhatia
> MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA
Girish,

You can also visit the official Microsoft Dynamics GP what's new page at
http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/gp/product/10.mspx

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> Girish,
>
> This post might help:
> http://jordev.net/blogs/daoudm/archive/2007/11/28/microsoft-dynamics-gp-10-0.aspx
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Girish J Bhatia" wrote:
>
> > Dear Experts,
> >
> > I am trying to find a document to support one of my customers as to why he
> > needs to upgrade from 9.0 to 10.0, but for the past 30min "Professor Google"
> > isnt helping.
> >
> > I would really appreciate if someone could send me few links or documents to
> > support it...
> >
> > Thanks much in advance!
> > --
> > Girish J Bhatia
> > MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
11/23/2008 7:16:01 PM
Dear Mohammad,

This really doesnt solve my purpose because this for the higher management
and they want a chart between 9.0 & 10.0.

If you can try or make it, I would be grateful because I have no clue on the
terminolgies used here...

Best Regards,
Girish
--

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> Girish,
>
> This post might help:
> http://jordev.net/blogs/daoudm/archive/2007/11/28/microsoft-dynamics-gp-10-0.aspx
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Girish J Bhatia" wrote:
>
> > Dear Experts,
> >
> > I am trying to find a document to support one of my customers as to why he
> > needs to upgrade from 9.0 to 10.0, but for the past 30min "Professor Google"
> > isnt helping.
> >
> > I would really appreciate if someone could send me few links or documents to
> > support it...
> >
> > Thanks much in advance!
> > --
> > Girish J Bhatia
> > MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA
Girish:

Please send an email to me.  I'll email you a one-page document that
outlines the differences between 9 and 10 at the 50,000 foot level.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
0
fhamelly1 (1404)

US version of money 04, to aussie vers. ,Will it convert?
I've just upgraded from M2000 to M04 ,with great difficulty ,I kept getting incompatible vers error ,I transferred what I could via QIF files ,finally got it to work losing reports and other stuff. It turns out I really did have a US version I thought was an Aussie(Australian) version, I Bought it at a swap meet.(buyer beware). My Question is will I be able to convert back it to an Aussie version in a few years,or will I run into the same problem again? Jan S Unless things radically change in how international versions of Money are designed, the drill will be exactly the same. &quo...

Conditional Formatting #10
2 things.... 1. - I have got a list that is linked to a cell - when a paticular item in the list is chosen I want the cell to be filled with a colour - i.e. Conditional Formatting - however how do I allow for more than 3 conditional formats - there are about 7 choices from the list. 2. - Linking from the above - I then want the rest of hte information in that row to be coloured the same as box in problem 1. I cannot seem to get the Conditional Formatting to work for this..? Any ideas..? Thanks Vis. You'll have to use some VBA code to do this. Add this to the worksheet module ...

Downloading Trial Version
I have downloaded and ran the installation software that appears on my Desktop several times and Publisher never shows up in any of the program files or on my Desktop or Start Menu, etc. I have also searched the computer for it. It is important that I have Publisher asap in order to finish a project for a college class... Any suggestions greatly appreciated! ...

SP1A on version 8.0
I just installed sp1a on version 8.0 The problem is the users that do not have admin rights get a message you do not have rights to run this application. They are set up as power users and all was well before the service pack upgrade. Would like to keep these user out of the admin group ...

email attachment ATTOOOO1(0.3KB) & hey you.mht(1.3KB)
not a computer wizard, Can anyone tell me what these are? I got it in a returned email notification failure from who i sent an email to. I don't know if they contain a virus or what, but i can't and don't wanna open them until i know if they might be a virus . but i do know my email to this person came back as a failure. -- Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. That said, there's probably not...

Setup cannot remove the older version of Microsoft Office Pro 2010
With Windows 7 Ult (X64), I have MS Office Ult 2007 (X86) installed. I am trying to install MS Office Pro 2010 (X86). I selected an 'upgrade' install and it failed with the subject line message. I then tried to uninstall Office 2007 from control panel; same result. Log shows: Description Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 setup did not complete successfully. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Problem signature Problem Event Name: Office12Setup Problem Signature 01: {91140000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} Problem Signature 02: 14.0.4763.1000 Problem Signature...

RMS 2.0 slower than 1.3x
Hi all! We just upgrade from RMS 1.3 to 2.0, and I realised that the new version is even slower than the older (1.3). RMS was slow before the upgrade but now it's getting worst and worst. Is there something I could do in SQL SERVER, like a rebuild indexes, to get it to work faster? My HQ Server is hosted on a IBM eServer XEON 3.0 with 2 GB of RAM. Thanks in advance Julien This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0157_01C85DEF.EC27D720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Yes and a chec...

I have a pre-loaded version of Money2002 but....
.....I would like to know if I can successfully install it on my (soon to be purchsed) new notebook. I have the Cert. of Authenticity. Any ideas? -- Darren Your original computer should have come with a set of install disks for all the preloaded programs. If you still have these disks, you should be able to install Money on your new notebook. Also, you might see if Microsoft Works comes with your new laptop. Most times, the latest version of Money is included as well and you won't need to install the older version unless you like it better. "Darren Vaughan" <Darre...

Which version is the current version
PLease confirm which is the current latest fully released version of CRM is it 4.0 or still 3.0 ? Dave CRM 4.0 is the latest version although different companies are still working with CRM 3.0. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ ...

Dynamics GP 9 Order Creation via Web Services
I am creating a new Sales Order via GP 9 Web Services' CreateSalesOrder() call, which does not return the Id of the newly-created order. What is the easiest way to retrieve the order I just created with this call? Thanks, Jess Chadwick You can use the GetSalesOrderList operation and restrict the criteria using the date that you created the slaes order. This will give you a list that you can loop over until you find the one that you want. You can also provide the number that you want the system to use for the sales order, that way you know ahead of time what the number is. -- ...

Windows Live version 12
I can't get used to the latest version of Live Mail (v14?) but liked the previous one (12). Is there any possible it can still be obtained? Thank you -- Jennifer I don't like version 14 either. If you find where to get version 12 please post back here. thank you. "Jennifer" <jennifer@discussions.microsoft> wrote in message news:B2BA351D-A163-4DE1-9C56-36F6539521C5@microsoft.com... > I can't get used to the latest version of Live Mail (v14?) but liked the > previous one (12). Is there any possible it can still be obtained? Thank > you >...

Number 10 envelopes won't print in Office 07
I've had problems with printing envelopes in Office 2007 for months. I'm using Vista SP2 and a HP D4360. Even after clean installs envelopes will print out of place chopping off my return address, this naturally moves the send to address over as well. I then discontinue using the return address feature and print the address only. Now I can't get envelopes to print at all. I've closed Office, restarted it and that didn't help either. Does anyone know if I'm dealing with a Microsoft or HP problem? And, of course, what is the solution? Your help appre...

Adding Forms from earlier versions
I ues OL 2002. I just downloaded RealEstate Forms that was used in OL 97/98. Can it be used in OL 2002? How can it be installed? IIRC, the add-in forms were a .pst file. Run the .exe and see what happens. I still run the Diary application and I used to run the While You Were Out form from 97/98. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick asked: | I ues OL 2002. I just download...

Money and Windows Mobile 5.0 Devices
I've got a new Windows Mobile 5.0 device and have found that the PPC Money client for Money 2005 will not sync to it. From http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx it appears Money 2004-6 will not sync but it doesn't mention anything about Money 2007...but I can't find a Windows Mobile Client for 2007. Is there anyway to get any version of Money to sync to a Windows Mobile 5.0 device? Thanks, Don Not at present, except by using third party software such as SPB Finance/ -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.or...

Fail to load debug version of a DLL
Hi. I want to get some log messages from a DLL, so after the installation of the product I replace the release version of that DLL with its debug version. It's used during Widows authentication and first time it must be loaded by 'winlogon.exe'. After restarting machine an error occures presumably at the step of Windows authentication, stating, that the abovementioned DLL failed to load. I've checked the 2 versions of it (debug and release) with DependencyWalker, they both are dependent on the the same modules... So, the question is somewhat abstract: what are the main reasons...

Biz Portal 3.0
Does anyone know if there is a way for an administrator or manager to submit time for an employee that is either out sick or on vacation using the Business Portal? If not is the only other way have accounting enter the time in manually via GP clientdirectly? We are using Project Time & Expense v3.0 with Dynamics GP 9.0. Users are authenticating via active directory hooking in the PDK and GP accounts. Please advise ASAP Hi, Please let me know if you are looking for any custom solution. If so drop us a email to discuss. nj.tech@hotmail.com "az_hiker" wrote: > Does a...

Sharepoint Services 3.0 Migration
Hello, I've got the following questin / situation: We are running sharepoint services 3.0 on an sbs 2003 server with a large companyweb site, the database of sharepoint runs also on the same server. What we want to do is the following: We want to migrate sharepoint services 3.0 including the companyweb web-site to a different web-server where the database of sharepoint runs on our database server. so to give an image what we like to do is here an image of the situations, current situation: Windows server 2003: windows sharepoint services 3.0 companyweb site databa...

Regsvr32 failed for debug version of Dll, why?
Hi There, I am working on a MFC application with sone Dlls. Development environment: Visual Studio 6.0 / Sp6 on Windows XP/Sp2. I login the system as an administrator. When I was registering debug version of my dll using regsvr32, it failed. Result of debugging points to: BOOL COleLinkingDoc::RegisterIfServerAttached(LPCTSTR lpszPathName, BOOL bMessage) The lpszPathName is my dll file name, which is empty; although I am sure the path name has been sent to the regsvr32. I tried to register the same dll file programmatically: // Start of the code ///////// #ifdef _WIN32 // this call ...

Office 2010 01-06-10
Lets see if I have this straight: Microsoft will release Offic 2010 but offer no upgrade pricing. So while several office suits are available, Microsoft will not give users a break. Me, i'll stick with Office XP, Star Office, and other alternatives. ...

Lookup Function #9
When using a lookup function, it is referencing the text of the formulas in the table array cells instead of the result of the formulas. How do I correct this? Josh Either you are in Formula View or the formula cells are formatted as text. Changing the Format alone won't do the trick. For the first, hit CTRL + `(back quote above TAB key) to toggle View Formulas on/off. For the second, Format the cells to General then F2 and ENTER to see results. If you have already done a great whack of these formulas, select all and Edit>Replace what: = with: = Replace All and OK. Gord D...

Need to save at Pub Ver 8.0 in Adobe Illustrator to get screen pre
Hello all. Running Adobe Illustrator CS and Publisher 2003. We are running into an issue where Publisher cannot display imported CS2 EPS files from Illustrator. We have to bring them down to version 8.0 in order to get a screen preview of imported artwork. Any ideas? Pieces of an EPS graphic may appear to be missing on the preview screen in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827303 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paul S." <Paul S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

2003 version to 2000 version
I created a file using publisher 2003 on my laptop, emailed it to work, where I have publisher 2000, and now I can't open it. Is there any way to open this on my machine at work? The only way you can open it is by save the file as a Publisher 2000 file format. You will have to go to a machine that has Publisher 2003 on it and go to File > Save As and change the file save as type to Publisher 2000. Note that there may be some formatting loss going to a legacy version. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS&quo...

OE 6.0 "Unsafe attachments"
Recently began receiving msg "oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: xxx.jpg, yyy,jpg, etc." What's causing this? I am comfortable with these attachments and want to access them. How do I turn off this function, and how do I access attachments removed by this function? Happening on both Win 98 and XP Here is a link to an article that explains why this is happening and how to disable this feature in Outlook Express, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;291387. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partne...

remove columns which show "0" as sum
My data has following structure: A09 (code) and B09(time) are headings of a table, its data is filled from A10 upto B100 or so. A column contains codes which take a value from 1 to 20. Column B contains data corresponding to the code contained in A. A and B are filled periodically, and manually. A01=CODE, A02=TOTAL Now B02 to U02 contain codes 1 to 20. B03 to U03 should contain total corresponding to each code, for example B03 = sumif(A10:A100,"B2",B10:B100) It is possible that for some codes data does not exist, in that case the total would be "0". ...

OWA Question #9
I am moving from OWA from Exchange 5.5 to OWA Exchange 2003. That part went fine. My only problem is some people have book marks that point to https://servername/exchange/logon.asp this no longer works, where can I put a redirect page to point them to the correct address ie https://servername/exchange thank you, Kyle D ...