Version 9 user able to change password but then new password doesn

We have people testing version 9 right now.  3 users were able to change
their password when prompted, then continue to log in.   3 users were
prompted to change their password, but then when they used the new password
received the error "login failed."  We are testing on ONE citrix server using
ONE system DSN, so it is not a DSN issue.

When I shadowed the session of the user having the issue, I could not use my
login either, but only sa would work.  Again, this is ONE citrix server,
using ONE DSN.  There are no user DSNs setup.

Why is one profile not working and others are??
0
Luvsql (265)

One of the changes in way passwords are encrypted in v9.0 has made the user
name case sensitive.

If a user changes his password while logged on as fred, he will not be able
to successfully log in as Fred, FRED or anything other that fred.

I suspect this is your issue.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Luvsql" wrote:

> We have people testing version 9 right now.  3 users were able to change
> their password when prompted, then continue to log in.   3 users were
> prompted to change their password, but then when they used the new password
> received the error "login failed."  We are testing on ONE citrix server using
> ONE system DSN, so it is not a DSN issue.
>
> When I shadowed the session of the user having the issue, I could not use my
> login either, but only sa would work.  Again, this is ONE citrix server,
> using ONE DSN.  There are no user DSNs setup.
>
> Why is one profile not working and others are??
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
4/11/2007 8:46:03 AM
I have noticed this also.  However I have found this to occur when the domain
ID has been assigned to a mandatory profile on the terminal server(citrix).

If the profile is set to user.dat then "SA" and any standard user
authenticates.  If the user.dat is changed to user.man.  (This is common in
Citrix/TS) then only the "SA" authenticates.

This clearly has to do with the encryption assigned to the GP user ID.  The
SA works because it is excluded.

Now for the $64,000 question.  What do we have to do to allow the profile to
be set to MAN and still deploy MS Dynamics GP 9.0

Larry Cain

0
Cainley (2)
5/14/2007 7:59:01 PM
For the poor sap reading this later on.

Dynamics states that the solution is to have your system administrator
remove the user.man and put it back to user.dat.

The realy answer is.  You must apply MS Dynamics GP 9.0 SP2.

For the record this is not a terminal server issue but any use of the .MAN
even on a PC will cause this problem.

0
Cainley (2)

I am not able to do this...
I apologise cause of my lack of knowledge to do this. I have 2 questions 1) I need to copy all my excel files to a pen drive or CD. so, i searched them by using XP search function. I selected all, copied and pasted to pen drive but a prompt was immediately received "cannot read from source file or disk " 2) When a Excel file is generated and saved, can it be automatically saved in a different file in order to have all xls files duplicated in one XLS Folder ? Can I received some help to solve this matter ? I will be very appreciative of it. Os. #2. You could have a m...

Changing CAPS to normal and vice-versa
Hi Please help me changing a cell's format from CAPS to normal and normal to CAPS using keyboard combinations. thanks -- Reg Deepak Hi there's no such command. Excel does not support this kind of formating (like Word does) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Deepak wrote: > Hi > > Please help me changing a cell's format from CAPS to normal and > normal to CAPS using keyboard combinations. > > thanks Depends on what "normal" is to you. If you mean lower case, here's one way: Attach this to any keyboard shortcut: Public Sub Tog...

US version of money 04, to aussie vers. ,Will it convert?
I've just upgraded from M2000 to M04 ,with great difficulty ,I kept getting incompatible vers error ,I transferred what I could via QIF files ,finally got it to work losing reports and other stuff. It turns out I really did have a US version I thought was an Aussie(Australian) version, I Bought it at a swap meet.(buyer beware). My Question is will I be able to convert back it to an Aussie version in a few years,or will I run into the same problem again? Jan S Unless things radically change in how international versions of Money are designed, the drill will be exactly the same. &quo...

how to delete the persons in the list in File->Open->Other User's Folders
This link (http://www.plantops.umich.edu/support/helpdocs/Outlook/manual/adv/OpenOthrUsrsFldr.pdf) shows us how to open another person's folders using File->Open->Other User's Folders. My question is how to delete the persons in the list? i.e. clear the list. I couldn't find any options to do that. please advise. thanks!! http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without readin...

Downloading Trial Version
I have downloaded and ran the installation software that appears on my Desktop several times and Publisher never shows up in any of the program files or on my Desktop or Start Menu, etc. I have also searched the computer for it. It is important that I have Publisher asap in order to finish a project for a college class... Any suggestions greatly appreciated! ...

Changing default lists
If I type an asterisk (*) or a number + a period (1.) and then a space, Word starts an unordered/ordered list. I have defined some lists with formats that I prefer to the default lists that Word chooses. Is there a way that I can get Word to use my lists when I type "* " or "1. "? No, the automatic application of numbering isn't that "intelligent." What you can do is create your own lists linked to styles. For single-level numbering, the easiest approach is to modify the built-in List Bullet and List Number styles, respectively. -- Stefan B...

SP1A on version 8.0
I just installed sp1a on version 8.0 The problem is the users that do not have admin rights get a message you do not have rights to run this application. They are set up as power users and all was well before the service pack upgrade. Would like to keep these user out of the admin group ...

change a null value to zero
when my query runs I end up with fields that have a null value (they are blank). my function will not work because it needs a zero quantity to add it to another feild. Is there some sort of expression that can change that for me? In a query, for a "field", YourNewField: Nz([YourFieldName],0) will convert a Null in [YourFieldName] to 0 Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "tommyguitfiddle" <tommyguitfiddle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89C42DEE-E32D-41DC-A3C3-11808408CCCD@microsoft.com... > when my query runs I end up with ...

Setup cannot remove the older version of Microsoft Office Pro 2010
With Windows 7 Ult (X64), I have MS Office Ult 2007 (X86) installed. I am trying to install MS Office Pro 2010 (X86). I selected an 'upgrade' install and it failed with the subject line message. I then tried to uninstall Office 2007 from control panel; same result. Log shows: Description Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 setup did not complete successfully. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Problem signature Problem Event Name: Office12Setup Problem Signature 01: {91140000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} Problem Signature 02: 14.0.4763.1000 Problem Signature...

I have a pre-loaded version of Money2002 but....
.....I would like to know if I can successfully install it on my (soon to be purchsed) new notebook. I have the Cert. of Authenticity. Any ideas? -- Darren Your original computer should have come with a set of install disks for all the preloaded programs. If you still have these disks, you should be able to install Money on your new notebook. Also, you might see if Microsoft Works comes with your new laptop. Most times, the latest version of Money is included as well and you won't need to install the older version unless you like it better. "Darren Vaughan" <Darre...

Undoing User Change
Hi I'd like to have a Change event macro that will prevent a user from changing cells O12 and in my worksheet. My rationale is that, when a user changes either or these cells, the macro will undo their change, and then display a message box telling them that they can't change the cell. The current code is as below -------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range If Target.Address = "$O$12" Or Target.Address = "$H$5" The Application.Und MsgBox "Sorry, You are not allowed change this cell!", vbOKOnly, "Permi...

Which version is the current version
PLease confirm which is the current latest fully released version of CRM is it 4.0 or still 3.0 ? Dave CRM 4.0 is the latest version although different companies are still working with CRM 3.0. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ ...

Trend line phase changes
Hi. I am trying to figure out how to implement phase changes in an Excel chart trend line. This is possible on the charting here: http://www.interventioncentral.org/htmdocs/tools/chartdog/chartdog.shtml To explain, this would allow me to indicate a place on the x axis where I've started doing something differently that may affect the trend and I want the trend line to be recalculated from that point on the x axis where the change is implented. From the ChartDog Web site: "Marking Phase Changes . In ChartDog, you can mark significant 'phase changes' on the graph by clicking...

User and Records Move to a Child Business Unit
We are unable to move a User from one Business Unit to another Child BU. CRM V3.0 'SQL Server Timeout' error message. User has 56,000 records, incl notes, activities etc Is there another process to follow -- prior to moving Users and assigned contacts to another BU rather than just selecting the option to Change Business Unit? Regards, Mandy Franklin. Hi Mandy, perhaps, you could try to follow the steps outlined in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918609 to increase SQL Server timeout values? Before doing so I'd backup CRM database and put some SQL monitoring in place t...

Dynamics GP 9 Order Creation via Web Services
I am creating a new Sales Order via GP 9 Web Services' CreateSalesOrder() call, which does not return the Id of the newly-created order. What is the easiest way to retrieve the order I just created with this call? Thanks, Jess Chadwick You can use the GetSalesOrderList operation and restrict the criteria using the date that you created the slaes order. This will give you a list that you can loop over until you find the one that you want. You can also provide the number that you want the system to use for the sales order, that way you know ahead of time what the number is. -- ...

Windows Live version 12
I can't get used to the latest version of Live Mail (v14?) but liked the previous one (12). Is there any possible it can still be obtained? Thank you -- Jennifer I don't like version 14 either. If you find where to get version 12 please post back here. thank you. "Jennifer" <jennifer@discussions.microsoft> wrote in message news:B2BA351D-A163-4DE1-9C56-36F6539521C5@microsoft.com... > I can't get used to the latest version of Live Mail (v14?) but liked the > previous one (12). Is there any possible it can still be obtained? Thank > you >...

How can I Prevent some exchange 2003 users from sending external email.
I am trying to prevent some users from sending external internet email. I was able to accomplish this with Exchange 5.5 by adding the users to the reject messages from in the internet mail service. I can not figure out how to accomplish this same task under exchange 2003. Regards, Tony You can do this on via the SMTP connector. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;319426 for more info. -- Denis McDowell [MSFT] "Tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:uDJRRseLEHA.1484@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I am trying to prevent some users from sending ...

Adding Forms from earlier versions
I ues OL 2002. I just downloaded RealEstate Forms that was used in OL 97/98. Can it be used in OL 2002? How can it be installed? IIRC, the add-in forms were a .pst file. Run the .exe and see what happens. I still run the Diary application and I used to run the While You Were Out form from 97/98. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick asked: | I ues OL 2002. I just download...

Fail to load debug version of a DLL
Hi. I want to get some log messages from a DLL, so after the installation of the product I replace the release version of that DLL with its debug version. It's used during Widows authentication and first time it must be loaded by 'winlogon.exe'. After restarting machine an error occures presumably at the step of Windows authentication, stating, that the abovementioned DLL failed to load. I've checked the 2 versions of it (debug and release) with DependencyWalker, they both are dependent on the the same modules... So, the question is somewhat abstract: what are the main reasons...

Excel Formatting Changes not Saving
I have a spreadsheet that is saved into GroupWise DMS. Each time you open the ..xls and make simple formatting changes, then Save and re-open, the changes aren't there. I saved a local copy of this .xls, but formatting changes still did not save. I tried a Detect & Repair and received "Error 1919: Error configuring ODBC data source: MS Access database: ODBC Error 6, Component not found in the registry." When checking ODBC properties in Admin Tools, I receive error: "The setup routines for MS Access driver (.mdb) ODBC driver cannot be found. Please reinstall the...

When Print in Publisher the front page number changes?
What I want to do is when the brochure (in Publisher) is printed the number on the front cover will change. Can anyone help?? abby wrote: > What I want to do is when the brochure (in Publisher) is printed the number > on the front cover will change. Do you mean that each copy printed will have a different number on the front? You can use a Mail Merge for this. Set up a database/spreadsheet/text file containing a list of numbers, then use the Mail and Catalog Merge Wizard to guide you through the process of merging. (N.B. If you are producing a large number of brochures, it is o...

Regsvr32 failed for debug version of Dll, why?
Hi There, I am working on a MFC application with sone Dlls. Development environment: Visual Studio 6.0 / Sp6 on Windows XP/Sp2. I login the system as an administrator. When I was registering debug version of my dll using regsvr32, it failed. Result of debugging points to: BOOL COleLinkingDoc::RegisterIfServerAttached(LPCTSTR lpszPathName, BOOL bMessage) The lpszPathName is my dll file name, which is empty; although I am sure the path name has been sent to the regsvr32. I tried to register the same dll file programmatically: // Start of the code ///////// #ifdef _WIN32 // this call ...

Moving public folders on Exchange 5.5 to a new server in the same site.
All, I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the public folders over to the public store on the new server? -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- "Fast Eddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam.com> wrote in news:#1VO4cH$DHA.4072@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the > orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the publ...

Lookup Function #9
When using a lookup function, it is referencing the text of the formulas in the table array cells instead of the result of the formulas. How do I correct this? Josh Either you are in Formula View or the formula cells are formatted as text. Changing the Format alone won't do the trick. For the first, hit CTRL + `(back quote above TAB key) to toggle View Formulas on/off. For the second, Format the cells to General then F2 and ENTER to see results. If you have already done a great whack of these formulas, select all and Edit>Replace what: = with: = Replace All and OK. Gord D...

Hyperlink File Path Changes. Hair loss imminent.
I have an excel workbook (Office 2000) which contains a column of hyperlinks on several sheets. To word documents that were organised in a file tree like the following example: c:\DOCUMENTS\SHARED\IMAGES\2003\MARCH\item_serial_mar_03_001 There are many files linked to this path or similar, the only differance being the 'Year or Month' folder. As per the date that the image was taken on. There are around 300 files all varying in months/ years, all hyperlinked succesefully. The spreadsheet displays the hyperlinks as 'item/serial/mar/03/001' in each cell. The file path has ...