Version 10 update security

What amount of time are people spending in setting up the new user security
on updates from prior versions?  An hour per user?
0
mdewitt (4)

Actually, it depends on how many users can be grouped and how many have
truely unique sets of rights.  Properly using the Roles and Tasks can
minimize your setup time to as little as a couple of minutes per user, once
your roles are defined.

We cover this extensively in Version 10 Unleashed
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"mdewitt" wrote:

> What amount of time are people spending in setting up the new user security
> on updates from prior versions?  An hour per user?
0
info4071 (3004)
6/20/2007 12:26:45 AM
My thoughts are even though there is a tool to convert security to the new
v10 model, I would suggest taking the opportunity to convert to the new model
and recreate the security from scratch using the supplied Roles and Tasks.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"mdewitt" wrote:

> What amount of time are people spending in setting up the new user security
> on updates from prior versions?  An hour per user?
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Help Please 10-03-07
I'm using the code below to send a mass email to multiple recipients. I'm getting the addresses from a table. I'm trying to do this in Lotus notes. But only the first 3 address in the list work. The rest don't show up. If i reduce the list then it does show, but i can't fit even 25% of it. Is there a way around this ? I know i'm not exceeding the Lotus notes limit of how many poeple i can send my email to. Is this some sort of access hickup ? Private Sub Command103_Click() Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset Dim strEmail As String rs.Open "YourEmai...

Windows not updating
I've read and followed the advice to check BITS and Update are set to automatic and started but to no avail. I've done all that, then rebooted, but still can't get Windows to check for updates. I have the updater set to notify me which updates are available before downloading but as I've tried setting that to fully automatic and then checking for updates (didn't work) I'm guessing that's not a factor. Where do I go from here, please? I have: IE 8.0.6001 Vista Home 32 SP2 80070422 ERROR_SERVICE_DISABLED The service cannot be started, either ...

Tracking Who Updates Records
I have a form which is used to input new customer data. The database of which the form is a part is used by a number of different user. I want to track which user input which records. I have a textbox in the form which is not visible set to =CurrentUser(). I then have a textbox bound to the UpdatedBy field in the customer records. I used the OnDirty event of the form and set Me.UpdatedBy = Me.txtTmpUser, thinking that UpdatedBy would contain the same data as txtTmpUser as soon as any change was to the data in the form. But it's not working. What am I doing wrong. Tom, I am inde...

US version of money 04, to aussie vers. ,Will it convert?
I've just upgraded from M2000 to M04 ,with great difficulty ,I kept getting incompatible vers error ,I transferred what I could via QIF files ,finally got it to work losing reports and other stuff. It turns out I really did have a US version I thought was an Aussie(Australian) version, I Bought it at a swap meet.(buyer beware). My Question is will I be able to convert back it to an Aussie version in a few years,or will I run into the same problem again? Jan S Unless things radically change in how international versions of Money are designed, the drill will be exactly the same. &quo...

Conditional Formatting #10
2 things.... 1. - I have got a list that is linked to a cell - when a paticular item in the list is chosen I want the cell to be filled with a colour - i.e. Conditional Formatting - however how do I allow for more than 3 conditional formats - there are about 7 choices from the list. 2. - Linking from the above - I then want the rest of hte information in that row to be coloured the same as box in problem 1. I cannot seem to get the Conditional Formatting to work for this..? Any ideas..? Thanks Vis. You'll have to use some VBA code to do this. Add this to the worksheet module ...

Downloading Trial Version
I have downloaded and ran the installation software that appears on my Desktop several times and Publisher never shows up in any of the program files or on my Desktop or Start Menu, etc. I have also searched the computer for it. It is important that I have Publisher asap in order to finish a project for a college class... Any suggestions greatly appreciated! ...

Setup cannot remove the older version of Microsoft Office Pro 2010
With Windows 7 Ult (X64), I have MS Office Ult 2007 (X86) installed. I am trying to install MS Office Pro 2010 (X86). I selected an 'upgrade' install and it failed with the subject line message. I then tried to uninstall Office 2007 from control panel; same result. Log shows: Description Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 setup did not complete successfully. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Problem signature Problem Event Name: Office12Setup Problem Signature 01: {91140000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} Problem Signature 02: 14.0.4763.1000 Problem Signature...

SP1A on version 8.0
I just installed sp1a on version 8.0 The problem is the users that do not have admin rights get a message you do not have rights to run this application. They are set up as power users and all was well before the service pack upgrade. Would like to keep these user out of the admin group ...

updating data in a pivot tables
I write new data to a sheet in a spreadsheet from Access that varies i size that is the source for a pivot table in the same spreadsheet. Whe I go to refresh the data in the pivot table I have this problem, sometimes all the new data won't show up or I'll get an error about an overlapping pivot table. Any ideas for a fix -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'd use a dynamic range name. Debra Dalgleish has some instructions for this at: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic And Chip Pearson's notes: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/named.htm "...

I have a pre-loaded version of Money2002 but....
.....I would like to know if I can successfully install it on my (soon to be purchsed) new notebook. I have the Cert. of Authenticity. Any ideas? -- Darren Your original computer should have come with a set of install disks for all the preloaded programs. If you still have these disks, you should be able to install Money on your new notebook. Also, you might see if Microsoft Works comes with your new laptop. Most times, the latest version of Money is included as well and you won't need to install the older version unless you like it better. "Darren Vaughan" <Darre...

Which version is the current version
PLease confirm which is the current latest fully released version of CRM is it 4.0 or still 3.0 ? Dave CRM 4.0 is the latest version although different companies are still working with CRM 3.0. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ ...

Entering data 05-10-10
Hi Im new to Acces and have a simple application Im using to learn from. I want to effectively set up a diary where and 3 people can book a slot against a pre set time. Eg Time 1, 9:00 Name 1, Name 2, Name 3 Time 2, 9:00 Name 1, Name 2, Name 3 Time 3, 9:00 Name 1, Name 2, Name 3 Ideally I wolud like the calendar to be viewable and the data to be entered through a "Booking Form" foreach time slot. Am I expecting too much ? Thanks in advance Your example is showing 9 booking for 0900, not 3. Or is this 3 rooms in 1 time slot with 3 people in each? How many days acr...

Windows Live version 12
I can't get used to the latest version of Live Mail (v14?) but liked the previous one (12). Is there any possible it can still be obtained? Thank you -- Jennifer I don't like version 14 either. If you find where to get version 12 please post back here. thank you. "Jennifer" <jennifer@discussions.microsoft> wrote in message news:B2BA351D-A163-4DE1-9C56-36F6539521C5@microsoft.com... > I can't get used to the latest version of Live Mail (v14?) but liked the > previous one (12). Is there any possible it can still be obtained? Thank > you >...

Number 10 envelopes won't print in Office 07
I've had problems with printing envelopes in Office 2007 for months. I'm using Vista SP2 and a HP D4360. Even after clean installs envelopes will print out of place chopping off my return address, this naturally moves the send to address over as well. I then discontinue using the return address feature and print the address only. Now I can't get envelopes to print at all. I've closed Office, restarted it and that didn't help either. Does anyone know if I'm dealing with a Microsoft or HP problem? And, of course, what is the solution? Your help appre...

Adding Forms from earlier versions
I ues OL 2002. I just downloaded RealEstate Forms that was used in OL 97/98. Can it be used in OL 2002? How can it be installed? IIRC, the add-in forms were a .pst file. Run the .exe and see what happens. I still run the Diary application and I used to run the While You Were Out form from 97/98. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick asked: | I ues OL 2002. I just download...

Office 2003 security
Which is more secure -- 1) a password-protected Office 2003 Word document, 2) a password-protected Office 2003 Excel spreadsheet, or 3) a password-protected Office 2003 Access database? Here's the origin of this question. I have a user (user 1) who would like to keep information safe from other user(s) who could be accessing user 1's machine (co-worker, for example). I went over some possibilities with them and realized that I don't know the answer to the above question. Do all three applications use the same "level of security" or not? For purposes of this question, I ...

Unit of Measure change causes updates?
We currently have an 'EA' unit of measure schedule set up, with only a base equivalancy (i.e., EA = 1 EA). All of our item masters have this 'EA' schedule assigned to them. I set up another equivalency on this schedule called 'DZ' (i.e., DZ = 12 EA). When I saved it, the system began processing through all of our item masters - which has unnerved me a bit. What is going on? What would the system be updating? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Check your price lists! Changes to the UOM schedule cause the system to parse ...

GP 10 Excel 2007 data connection security
Just implemented GP 10 and Excel 2007. We deployed the Excel reports on a public folder for all users to see. My question is: How do I control security access by user. So far I can only refresh data if I use the sa username and password. Thanks ...

2005 update / MSN billpay
I just did the update. I'm trying to get some of my banks to work with Money, but I'm still getting the "you must disable MSN billpay" message. Wasn't this supposed to be fixed? If I disable MSN billpay, will I be able to get it back again? Regards, Ethan You might want to contact support on this one as a number of folks who've disabled billpay services were unable to re-enable them afterwards. -- ------------------------------------------- Joe Guidera jguidera@msn.com.remove "EthanM" <EthanM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Fail to load debug version of a DLL
Hi. I want to get some log messages from a DLL, so after the installation of the product I replace the release version of that DLL with its debug version. It's used during Widows authentication and first time it must be loaded by 'winlogon.exe'. After restarting machine an error occures presumably at the step of Windows authentication, stating, that the abovementioned DLL failed to load. I've checked the 2 versions of it (debug and release) with DependencyWalker, they both are dependent on the the same modules... So, the question is somewhat abstract: what are the main reasons...

Updates have been failing for almost 2 years
Hello, I have been having some problems with windows update for almost 2 yrs. All the updates that try to install fails and gives me the error code: 800719E4. I tried to install about 45 updates just today and every single one failed and gave this error code. At first I was thinking that my internet security program might have put up a firewall and blocked those, but that isn't the case. I have looked over the other discussions about this problem but they don't seem to help me. I was told that I may need the system update Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista before it will...

2003 version to 2000 version
I created a file using publisher 2003 on my laptop, emailed it to work, where I have publisher 2000, and now I can't open it. Is there any way to open this on my machine at work? The only way you can open it is by save the file as a Publisher 2000 file format. You will have to go to a machine that has Publisher 2003 on it and go to File > Save As and change the file save as type to Publisher 2000. Note that there may be some formatting loss going to a legacy version. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS&quo...

Update query with date criteria
Hi all. I have an update query that should only update a record if today falls between the 1st of it's month and the 7th of the following month. For instance, if the record date is 11/15/2009, it should only update if today is between 11/1/2009 and 12/7/2009, or if the record date is 10/6/2009 is should only update if today is between 10/1/2009 and 11/7/2009. Here's the criteria I was trying to use, and I was using this criteria in the field that I want to update if the criteria is true: now()<dateserial(year[ticketcreateddate],month[ticketcreateddate]+1,7) Usin...

Updating cells from values in a second workbook
Need help in two areas. I have a price list workbook in 97. Three columns: part number, description and price. I would like to update that workbook by bringing in price values from a second workbook (also 97), with the part number as the common key. I also have new parts in the second workbook that are not contained in the first that I would like to bring those items [part number, description and price] into the first workbook without duplicating part numbers that already exist in the first. Solutions are very much appreciated. -- Erwin You could use MATCH() in the second workbook to id...

Add Analytical Accounting fields to Integration Manager
Hi all, A similar subject was created 8 months ago, and is now closed. I was wondering whether the situation had changed in between ? Basically I am working on a project where we will extensively use AA, and several integrations. Sadly Integration Manager does not cover AA in standard, and I would need to design GL, POP, RM and IC integrations where the associated distribution also imports AA information. Has anyone been able to enhance standard IM Destinations to cover AA information ? Or aletrnatively, does anyone have any experience of covering this using eConnect ? My solution of choice...