Vendor Lookup

One doing the vendor lookup - one user sees the 'show details' information
upon lookup; other user sees the vendor list and needs to clik on the show
details - how do you get the show details window to be the default option you
see.

Thansk!
0
AndreaSmiley (210)

Check for full stops/periods/dots on the window title bar before or after the
window name.  It is possible to use VBA or modifier to open the details
automatically.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"Andrea Smiley" wrote:

> One doing the vendor lookup - one user sees the 'show details' information
> upon lookup; other user sees the vendor list and needs to clik on the show
> details - how do you get the show details window to be the default option you
> see.
>
> Thansk!
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
2/26/2008 11:00:02 PM
Thanks David. I did have them check to see if they had an alternate modified
window on the 2 workstations and they did not.

I had seen a KB artitcle on how to use VBA to have the show details remain
open. Would VBA create a forms.dic like modifier would.

Thanks again!

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Check for full stops/periods/dots on the window title bar before or after the
> window name.  It is possible to use VBA or modifier to open the details
> automatically.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "Andrea Smiley" wrote:
>
> > One doing the vendor lookup - one user sees the 'show details' information
> > upon lookup; other user sees the vendor list and needs to clik on the show
> > details - how do you get the show details window to be the default option you
> > see.
> >
> > Thansk!
0
AndreaSmiley (210)
2/27/2008 1:25:01 PM
Hi Andrea

VBA is stored a *.vba file based on the dictionary it is associated with.
So vba against Dynamics.dic is stored in Dynamics.vba.  As a lookup is an
alternate window in the Smartlist dictionary (EXP1493.dic) it will be stored
in EXP1493.vba.

When VBA is added against the original window it works without any changes
in Security.

"Andrea Smiley" wrote:

> Thanks David. I did have them check to see if they had an alternate modified
> window on the 2 workstations and they did not.
>
> I had seen a KB artitcle on how to use VBA to have the show details remain
> open. Would VBA create a forms.dic like modifier would.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Check for full stops/periods/dots on the window title bar before or after the
> > window name.  It is possible to use VBA or modifier to open the details
> > automatically.
> >
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> > Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
> >
> > Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
> >
> > mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> >
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > and confers no rights.
> >

> > "Andrea Smiley" wrote:
> >
> > > One doing the vendor lookup - one user sees the 'show details' information
> > > upon lookup; other user sees the vendor list and needs to clik on the show
> > > details - how do you get the show details window to be the default option you
> > > see.
> > >
> > > Thansk!
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
2/28/2008 3:24:00 AM
Andrea or David,
I've been looking for a KB article on how to default the Show Details as
open but I can't find it.  Would you happen to have the article #?
Thank you!

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Andrea
>
> VBA is stored a *.vba file based on the dictionary it is associated with.
> So vba against Dynamics.dic is stored in Dynamics.vba.  As a lookup is an
> alternate window in the Smartlist dictionary (EXP1493.dic) it will be stored
> in EXP1493.vba.
>
> When VBA is added against the original window it works without any changes
> in Security.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "Andrea Smiley" wrote:
>
> > Thanks David. I did have them check to see if they had an alternate modified
> > window on the 2 workstations and they did not.
> >
> > I had seen a KB artitcle on how to use VBA to have the show details remain
> > open. Would VBA create a forms.dic like modifier would.
> >
> > Thanks again!
> >
> > "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> > > Check for full stops/periods/dots on the window title bar before or after the
> > > window name.  It is possible to use VBA or modifier to open the details
> > > automatically.
> > >
> > > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > > Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> > > Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
> > >
> > > Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
> > >
> > > mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> > >
> > > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > > and confers no rights.

0
Elaine (442)

Modifying the "Required Attendee" lookup columns
Hello, Is there a way to modify which columns appears in the lookup view of the multi-select "Required Attendees" lookup on the Appointemnt? This special windows does not seem to take the usual "account" or "contact" lookup view. Right now it only shows the name and full name of the account or contact. Thanks Hi Fred, Did you happen to get the solution to your query as i am with the same problem and looking for someone to help....:( Thanks, Shashi "Fred Bang" wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to modify which columns appears in the...

Have multiple price breaks for a vendor
When we order products from a vendor we can save money by ordering maybe 100 at a time versus 1 at a time. There is no way in the system to enter multiple price breaks for a vendor. If we order 200 we may even get a cheaper price. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

CRM should let me have multiple lookups to the same entity
We defined different type of contacts in the CONTACT entity (patients, physicians, caregivers, sales reps,...). Then defined a customized entity PROGRAM which should have the information of a Patient, a Physician and a Sales rep, for every instance of the customized entity. We would like to have several lookup fields from the PROGRAM entity pointing to the CONTACT entity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do ...

Vendor Statement
Dear Sir, We are looking to have Vednor Statment to be print showing Begining Balance All transaction withini selected period and closing balance. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser...

Lookup Outlook Contact does not work
Hello everyone, I have Outlook 2007 with configured MAPI e-mail account for corporate Kerio MailServer 6. My contact folder is included into Outlook Address Book however: - Lookup Outlook Contact does not work; - contact picture is not show for incoming messages; - way Outlook displays From field differs from specified in corresponding Outlook contact. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Regards, Shahin Musayev You are using the Kerio Outlook Connector? Have you checked their support site? Does the connector add it's own address book to outlook? Do you see your Cont...

Lookups #3
In HLOOKUP, If an exact match is not found, the next largest value that is less than lookup_value is returned. I have a row of dates and I want the next smallest value that is greater than lookup_value, which is NOW(). So if today is 5/13/05 and the entries in the row are 3/1/05, 3/15/05, 4/16/05, 5/3/05, 5/20/05 and 5/22/05, I would want the value 5/20/05 returned, not the value 5/3/05 as VLOOKUPO would do. Is there an easy way to do that? Thanks in advance. Hi! Here's one way: Entered with the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER: Assume your lookup value is in cell A1 and the loo...

Add vendor balance to "Payables Transaction Inquiry
When doing Inquiry > Purchasing > TRX by vendor, show the outstanding balance due the vendor when a vendor is selected. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mi...

Temporary Vendors/Vendor History
We are using Great Plains v7.5. In one of our Company ID's we have 1777 vendors, of which 690 of them are Temporary Vendors - which are only used once, possibly twice. I know I can delete these vendors and still inquire in: 'Inquiry, Purchasing, Trx by Document' BUT the Vendor Name shows as "Vendor not found" and I'd still like to have that information. Is it possible to save Temporary vendors and their accompanying transaction history (possibly in Excel, although I'm open to other suggestions)to CD. Thanks Chris Chris Chris, I believe that the temp ...

lookup row number
Hi, can you tell me how to lookup the row number of a name in a list. EG say I have a list of names as below: Andrew Mike Steve Ian Paul I would normally just add a column with the row numbers and then lookup the row number in the second column but is it possible to do without adding the extra column by using the row formula someohow? Thanks Hi Michael Try the below.. =MATCH("Mike",A:A,0) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Michael" wrote: > Hi, > can you tell me how to lookup the row number of a name in a list. > > EG say I hav...

How to have Smartlist Favorites default in Employee Lookup
Our users would like me to customize their employee lookup to only have "active employees" (exclude inactive). There is an existing favorite smartlist object called "active employees only", so they can manually choose that favorite on the employee lookup window via the "View.." button. My question is how can I use VBA to have this happen. I have tried adding the "ViewAllEmployeesbyEmployeeID" (field) and set the value property, so that I can default to "Favorites", but I am not sure how to set the favorites to the "Active emplo...

Payables Transaction Entry, change vendor
When I am in Payables Transaction Entry, it would be nice if I could change the vendor without having to delete the voucher. As it is now, the last vendor used is what pops up in the Vendor field. so you have already put in the date and the description and the Invoice # and if you accidentally tab the last used vendor name pops in and you have to delete the entire transaction and start over. If we had the option to change the vendor name without deleting it, it would save a lot of time. -- Sheri Salomone for Margaret Lopez THANKS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Micros...

Discrepancy between Vendor Summary and Vendor Detail records
Our auditors asked for a report showing vendor history for the past year. I ran the Vendor Summary report and gave it to them, but I thought I'd spot check a few of the figures just to make sure I could support what appeared on the report. Well, surprise - I discovered a discrepancy between the detailed A/P files (i.e., the PM20000 Transaction Open and the PM30200 Paid Transaction History Files) and the PM00202 PM Vendor Master Period Summary. There is a record in the PM00202 (summary) file for period 5 of 2007 that has $7,702.97 in the AMBKDLIF (Amount Billed Life) field. I find t...

Lookup in DataGridView? Any Progress? Worth Trying?
In a DataGridView, is it possible to have a column that manages user input by providing a "drop down" list of values the user can choose from, with those values either being "spelled out" in code or read from another db.table.column? If so, does anyone know where I might find instructions on how to set that up? I've seen lots of old posts on this topic, but nothing necessarily specific to the latest incarnation of the DataGrid, the DataGridView. Is it worth trying to pop a List Box on the ColEdit event, let the user "select" from the List Box, a...

Lookup or Match
I have a sheet with inventory, col (A) material Col (B) description and Col (C) Part Number. I also have a sheet that does a Bill Of Materials. It gives material and description. I need to lookup the material and match it to the description and retun the part number. I am stumped. Have you tried looking in HELP index for vlookup and hlookup and match? vlookup(a1,lookuptable,2,0) will lookup whatever is in cell a1 in column 2 of the table you created. the 0 is the same a false in the examples in help. match will find the row in a colum of the sought item =match(a1,b2:b200) to find the row...

Lookups maybe
I thought I could use a lookup function to do this, but I'm stumped. Here's the situation. Let's say in col A there are names. In col b - h there are club affiliations. A person in col a can belong to many clubs and they are designated with an X. Here's what it might look like: Name Panthers Giants Aces Javas Kings Joe X X Mary X X X Judy X X X Sam X X Tom X X etc. How can I get an individual list of each name to see what clubs th...

vendor holdbacks
Hi, Can anyone recommend a solution for handling Vendor holdbacks? For example, we receive an invoice from a vendor for $100,000 for services rendered in Recevings Transaction Entry. We would like to issue payment to the vendor for $60,000 and hold back the other $40,000 of the invoice until the project is complete. We need the entire $100,000 to hit the job as a WIP. Thanks, If you are working Construction projects, Wennsoft has a project management product that does this. Otherwise, when you voucher the invoice from the vendor, the entire amount hits the distribution (WIP)...

How to add and Vendor to Item Maintenance window
Hi Everyone, I am trying to use Modifier to add some fields to the Item Maintenance window: The last cost the item was recieved, the qty that was recieved, date, and vendor name. I understand that you have to use Modifier and VBA to add fields that aren't in the linked tables but how exactly do I go about it in VBA? Can someone help me with the steps and the VBA code needed to do this? You will need to modify the Item Card window and add your new fields, then you will need to add your modified window to VBA and query the database for data loading. Learn more about VBA a...

Lookup code working in RMS
Hi all, I m going to implement SO in Garments store.They are already using Look up code. Let me explain how they r. Here is the look up code example: 12122 0202 101 The first 5 digits represent item code, 2nd represent color code, 3 represent fabric code.How RMS can handle this look up code.can any1 explain me??We have Deparment & category in item maintenance form.I guess we have to make setups for COLOR & FABRIC . wat would u suggest? -- With Regards Junaid Idrees Associate Project Manager Enterprise Business Solutions 4th Floor mehdi towers,shahra-e-faisal karachi,Pakistan....

Payables by Vendor
I have a certain number of vendors in my list. However, when I add on with a certain category (Bills : Student Loan Payment), this vendo will NOT show when I go to Reports -> Business Reports -> Payables b Vendor. I tried for fun adding a new vendor with a category of "Equipmen Rental" and it showed perfectly in the Payables by Vendor screen. Is there a way to get a vendor with the category "Bills: Student Loa Payment" to show in the Payables by Vendor? Please forgive if this is a newbie question. Thanks -- vm --------------------------------------------------...

Item Vendors Maintenance
It would appear that when in the Item Vendors Maintenance screen and you are entering a Vendor Item Number to correspond to your own Item, it will only allow you to enter (1) item for each Vendor. We have an issue with this, our vendors frequently supersede part numbers (change them) and we would like to be able to add the supersession’s on this screen. Then we can make note of the supersession in the description. This is necessary for our service department to be able to reference both vendors item part numbers when a customer calls in with the previous vendor item number. Any s...

Worksheet lookup
I have a workbook with 140+ worksheets in it and I want to have a macro to look up if the worksheet has the letter "m" in cell "i1". If the worksheet has this then I would like it to look in column "A" and look up for the number 2 and then copy the row to a worksheet called "roundm" Thanks in advance Greg sounds like homework Use a combination of IF and FIND and COPY -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Greg B" <laptopgb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:d7ppp7$niu$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > I have a workbook with 14...

Mulitple vendor items numbers for single vendor
Is there any way to add more than one vendor item number to a singler vendor ID (other than getting a customization done to GP)? We have a number of vendors that use different vendor item numbers for the same item based on the unit of measure that is purchased. Thanks. -- Chad No but you might want to look at using the Manufacturer's Item Number. You can have multiple Mfr's Items associated with your Item Number. When in the Item Card, click on 'Purchasing' in the Go To list. This opens the Purchasing window. Then click on the little gears icon to open the Mfrs Item ...

vendor approval
Hi, Is there a module in business portal wherein there is also approval hierarchy when creating vendors much like in purchase requisition? What I can only see in BP is to directly add a new vendor and not going in the process of approval. We are using BP 3.0 and GP 9.0. Thanks, Mel ...

Lookup Value based on a formula
Hi all I am looking up a value in a table that is based around other formulas. When creating the Lookup the formula window shows the correct value. When the formula is entered the result is DIV/0!. Is there an easy way around it? or will I need the table based on hard values? Cheers Show us the actual formulas best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Cogeco news" <tmarshall3@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:TZGGh.419$yc.257@read2.cgocable.net... > Hi all > > I am looking up a value in a table that is based around o...

Enter/Match Invoice vendor is different than who is paid
We've just started using the 3-way matching process, which we thought was going to be a big plus for us. However, we just ran into a situation that we wonder if anyone else has encountered: A PO is created for Vendor A. However, we're billed by Vendor B and we must issue a check to Vendor B. When we do the Enter/Match Invoice process we have to use Vendor A or we don't get a match. However, this sets up a payable to Vendor A, when in reality we need to pay Vendor B. This would seem to call for some sort of a vendor National Account feature, which, as far as I know, isn'...