VBA - focus on field - 91303

Hi!

I am using VBA code on the Payables transaction Entry window, to make the
focus go onto the BATCH ID field as soon as an existing transaction has been
selected (currently it goes to the payment terms).

The problem I am having is that when the BATCH ID field gets the focus,
sometimes it does not highlight the full value of the ID, so in order to
change the Batch Id the user needs to double click on the field.

I have noticed that this occurs when the Batch ID assigned to the selected
transaction is longer than the Batch ID from a transaction selected
previously. For instance my first selected transactions has a Batch ID =
12345 (this value gets highlighted fine), the second transaction I select has
a batch ID =1234567, then only 12345 is highlighted.

Could anyone out there provide me with information as to why this is
happening?

Workarounds?

Thanks!

Adding Quotation marks to populated fields
Hi! I have a spreadsheet with a bunch of columns (A, B, C, D etc.) eac column has 421 fields. In each field is a unique 8-digit number. Now, I need to take the numbers in the fields under Column C and pu quotation marks around them, basically turning this: 12345686 32165482 15659875 12546586 into this: "12345686" "32165482" "15659875" "12546586" But HOW man, how does I doing that mang? Please for helping to me - thnaks -- pentatonic14 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pentatonic145's Profile: http://www.e...

Out of office
Hi, Is there anyway to find whether out of office is set or not using VB or VBA ??? I wanted to chk programatically whether Out of office is set for a user... Thanks. Rgds, Kishore The Microsoft Collaboration Data Objects 1.21 library should expose the Out of Office to you via the Session object. "Kishore" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:537701c40038$3381f520$a501280a@phx.gbl... > > Hi, > > Is there anyway to find whether out of office is set or > not using VB or VBA ??? > > I wanted to chk programatically whether Out of...

VBA Filter out unwanted records
I have a list in a worksheet (named Filter) which has a number of columns with a headings row . In Column BE (BE1 has the heading Manage1) there are text data entires which have prefixes with a letter followed by a number. I.e E10, V19,U23. The list is always changing by adding more rows, so the range for column BE1 is varaiable. I would like a VBA statement that will delete all the records in the list where the records in column BE does not have the prefix U, but must leave the list with it's column headings Thanks -- James Hi, A couple of points:- 1. This cou...

Focus and EnableWindow()
Hi there! Following situation (all MFC): I have a combobox which handles a CBN_KILLFOCUS-Event (1). In the event-handler onKillFocus() is some calculation on the selection. As a result of this calculations an edit control and a checkbox will be disabled with EnableWindow(FALSE). The edit follows the combo and the checkbox follows the edit control in the focus order. But when all actions did take place I can't jump to the next control by using tab, because there's no focus on any widget. (1) Just to be a little bit more precise. I open the combo by hitting ALT and the down arrow and g...

Zeros in empty merge fields
Hi! When I mail merge address info from a spreadsheet, the last merge field--empty zip code--does not close up. I have two zip code fields: one for physical address and one for P. O. Boxes. The last field shows up as a zero when empty. I tried setting the options by unchecking zero, but that doesn't fix the problem. I've also tried formatting the zip column to text and number to see if that would fix it, but don't remember that it fixed the problem. The zero doesn't really keep the mail from being delivered, but it would be nice if the blank field would just disap...

need help with seeting an activecell in VBA
this is the code i have so far...... Dim rng As Range Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set wb = Workbooks.Open("f:\Bidditjobs.xls") Set rng = wb.Worksheets("jobs").Columns(1).find(cobOpenPro.Value) ActiveCell.Select Biddit.txtJobNumber.Value = ActiveCell.Value Biddit.cobRep.Value = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value Biddit.txtMainPrice.Value = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Value Biddit.txtMainPercent.Value = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 3).Value ..... How could I have the ActiveCell.Select begin in the row it finds the cobOpenPro.value? right not is is on...

Can custom fields be used in email templates
I have created a custom field on the case form, which I have also included in an email template that is triggered by a manual rule. When I save my Case with the custom field filled in and then run the manual rule, the email that is delivered does not include the value from my custom field. Should this work? Thanks, Matt ...

Drop down selections and combining fields.
I am new to excel but have a project that has to be done so here goes. Column 1 needs a dropdown list of Reason Codes (i.e. travel, lodging, meals, etc) Column 2 needs a dropdown list of Activity Codes (Management, Training, etc.) Other columns will have text descriptions and amounts for totaling. The objective of the Columns with drop downs is so we can prevent someone from using a Reason Code with an Activity Code that doesn't make sense. So Say I select Travel, I then go to the next column and the dropdown has only the codes that are valid for travel. Next objective Taking the c...

Field level security #2
I am having problems locating information on field level security. I looked in the Great Plains documentation folder and searched through the help files without any luck. I had the same luck with Partner Source. Any ideas? Thanks Dave Dave If you press F1 while a Field Level Security window is active, it will open the Advanced Security/Field Level Security help file for you to look at. If you select Help >> Printable Manuals from the menus and then select System >> Advanced Security, this will open the Advanced Security/Field Level Security user guide. If you have a sp...

Invoice's Description Field Length
I am considering purchasing the Business edition of 2007 to handle my invoicing needs. I am a Sotware Consultant and need a rather lengthy field to hold the description of the work I do for my clients. Does anybody know the field length in the description field of the invoice? ...

search a field(column) for a bit pattern
All, I have not visited Excel for a while, and I am drawing a blank on how to search/sort a column of data (integer) for/on a particular bit pattern. Actually, a SQL example would be great. TIA, Bill ...

Delete Fields added to VBA SOP Entry
Hi, I am beginner in GP and I have a problem. I Add a command button to SOP Entry Form to test a routine, and add this control to VBA, when i finish my test, I delete teh Object of the Form, but the reference in VBA no was deleted. Who can I do to delete this field form VBA Thanking in advance for you help There is no option to delete one field or object from a VBA form. So.... Cut and paste your scripts to notepad. Then make a note of all the fields that you do need added to VBA. Then from Great Plains select Tools >> Customise >> Remove current window from VBA. F...

Set value of a field based on a value in a subform
Hello - I have a form to add a new record to a record set. I would like to create an AfterUpdate procedure that will set the value of one of the fields in the main form to the value of the related field in the sub form. The forms are linked by the BrdSN field. I have: Private Sub BrdSN_AfterUpdate() ' set the value of the BGA# field in the main form ' to the value in the BGA# field in the sub form Me![BGA#] = Me![MySubForm].Form![BGA#] End Sub but nothing is updating. Thanks for your help! sandy In which form's module is this co...

Dropdown fields
How can I customize a dropdwn field, like "Industry" on the "leads" form? Go to the Settings\Customization. Find the lead object and open to edit. Go to the Attributes, find the Industry and open to edit. Modify the list Jorge wrote: > How can I customize a dropdwn field, like "Industry" on the "leads" > form? -- ...

Excel pivot chart
Hi I hope someone can suggest a solution or workaround to the following... I have created a pivot chart with dates along the x-axis. As I have a wide time period I have changed the scale to show every 10 dates only. To help make it clearer we would also like to show the month on the x-axis below the date. I have added this to the data source and when I drag this down to the x-axis as well it reformats the spacing between the dates so that it turns into a big black mess of dates again. Is there a way to respecify the scale of the date field as when I click on the format axis/scale menu...

How to change backend field name & update queries, forms, etc ?
I need to change the field names in a table in a split database. How can I do this and have the queries & forms in the Front End pickup the new field name? or must I redo all the forms & queries in the Front End? thanks for any help. Mel I use 3rd party software. http://www.speedferret.com/speedferret.html -- -Matt Microsoft Certified Professional "MyEmailList@gmail.com" wrote: > I need to change the field names in a table in a split database. > > How can I do this and have the queries & forms in the Front End pickup > the new field name? > >...

Calculated Field in Not Recognized in Function
Hi Access MVPs, I'm using Access 2003. I have a built a query that creates calculated values. For example: Price: [MatShip]+([MatShip]*[Markup])+[MatCredit]+ ([LaborEngHrs]*[LaborEngPrice])+([LaborManuHrs]*[LaborManuPrice])+ [MngAdjust] This part works fine. I'm able to use this calculated value in another field in the same query to create another calculated value. For example: Difference: [Price]-[Cost] What I'm having trouble with is that I'm trying to use that same calculated value [Price] in the same query in a function. For example: IIf([Price]=0,1,2) I'm get...

POP Blank Form FOB Field
We have set up default FOB information for our vendors, but the informatin does not seem to transfer (Default) to new purchase orders we enter. We have been manually editing each line item for the FOB information, Also would like it to print once at the top of the PO, we don't have line items with different FOB's. (Entire PO is either Origin or Destination, not line items) Is the best thing to do is add the Free on Board field from the vendor master table to the PO Header? -- Doug Doug, We put the FOB on the header. If you look at the POP report in report writer, you wi...

How To Refer To Custom Folder in VBA
Hello Outlook Group: I am trying to reference a CUSTOM user folder at the same level as all the other folders: For example, I have a folder called MyEmails that appears in the Outlook tree as follows: Calendar Contacts Deleted Items Drafts Inbox MyEmails The VBA code I'm using from Access works for the Inbox, but fails on the MAPI setup of the MyEmails Folder: Set Inbox = OlApp.GetNamespace("Mapi").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox) Set MyEmailFolder = OlApp.GetNamespace("Mapi").Folders("MyEmail") I don't want to the the GetDefau...

Setting the focus to a field on a subform within a tab control
I have a form called frmMain with a tab control called TabCtl0 and a subform within the tab control called frmScreening. I would like to set the focus to a field called txtserial when a new record is added. I have tried the following 2 lines, but neither work: [Forms]![frmMain]![frmScreening].Form![txtserial].SetFocus and Forms!frmMain!TabCtl0.Pages(1).txtserial.SetFocus Would you know the proper syntax. Thanks. gaugust wrote: >I have a form called frmMain with a tab control called TabCtl0 and a subform >within the tab control called frmScreening. I would like to set the ...

Excel VBA- How to do autoselect in a listbox
Hi Could you pls. let me know how I can do auto select in a listbox If I have 4 items in the list box say a) apple b) ball c) cat d) dog When I type the first character of an item say d then it should populate that item. Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks Venky.. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use the ListBox Change event :- Private Sub ListBox1_Change() MsgBox (ListBox1.Value) End Sub --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Report Writer Import
When I import a report from a shared reports dictionary into my workstation, the calculated fields do not show up. Specifically with Canadian Payroll (R7131) I noticed this just over a year ago when we upgraded to GP 10 from 9.00. Is anyone else aware of this, experience this or have a solution? thank you. Have you tried importing the report using a package file? -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "barbola"...

Making field from Access table my To line in an email
I have created a database with all my contacts and thier information in it. I need to send an email informing the people on my table to save the date for my wedding. To save money costs I want to email the invites to those who have email. How do I take the email addresses from my table and place them into the To or BCC line or my yahoo email account? There's information on this and other email questions on Tony Toews's pages at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:45:26 -0700, "ghummel" <clearpathconsulting@yahoo.com> wrote: >...

How to use jolly character in e-mail field Outlook Contact
Hello, I'm using Outlook XP/2003 and in my Contact (hosted in a Public Folder) I could use at maximum 3 e-mail fields. Normally, in a generic contact, may have more than 3 e-mail reference. Is it possible to use a syntax like *@domainname in order to activate a search link in the Actvities Tab ? Thanks Sergio No, that's not possible.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://...