VBA Error NEED HELP!!!

I am trying to create a "smart" database intermediary.  I am trying to use
the item number from the import value into a SQL Select statement as show
below in my code to match up with only GP items associated with the generic
item number.  I am getting an error 424 (Object required) at run-time.

Private Sub ItemNumber_GotFocus()
Dim rst As Recordset
Dim db As Database
Dim strSQL As String
'Sets the RowSourceType to a Query
ExportedItems.RowSourceType = "Value List"
'SQL string to query dynamically from Item Number in Access database

If (Not IsNull(Me.Controls!ItemNumber)) Then Set strSQL = "SELECT
dbo_IV00101.ITEMNMBR FROM dbo_IV00101 WHERE (( (dbo_IV00101.ITEMNMBR) Like
('" & Me.Controls!ItemNumber.Text & "' + " * ")))"

Please help since this needs to be done ASAP for our client.

Thank you,

Robert G.
0
RobertG (25)

Hi Robert

Do you have more code than this?  Where is the code to open and close the
ADO connection to SQL?  What version is this for?

One thing I can see straight away is that your query is using the wrong
syntax for using the dbo reference.  It should be "dbo.IV00101", but the dbo
is not really need anyway.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"Robert G." wrote:

> I am trying to create a "smart" database intermediary.  I am trying to use
> the item number from the import value into a SQL Select statement as show
> below in my code to match up with only GP items associated with the generic
> item number.  I am getting an error 424 (Object required) at run-time.
>

> Private Sub ItemNumber_GotFocus()
> Dim rst As Recordset
> Dim db As Database
> Dim strSQL As String
> 'Sets the RowSourceType to a Query
> ExportedItems.RowSourceType = "Value List"
> 'SQL string to query dynamically from Item Number in Access database
>
> If (Not IsNull(Me.Controls!ItemNumber)) Then Set strSQL = "SELECT
> dbo_IV00101.ITEMNMBR FROM dbo_IV00101 WHERE (( (dbo_IV00101.ITEMNMBR) Like
> ('" & Me.Controls!ItemNumber.Text & "' + " * ")))"
>

> Please help since this needs to be done ASAP for our client.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Robert G.
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
10/23/2007 12:28:00 AM
I am doing this in Access 2003 to import via IM to GP 9.0 but they will be
using GP 10.0.  The import does not vary much between versions.  They have so
many inventory items that need to be decided before it becomes a quote or an
order.  The rest of the code is below.  I get the error when it tries to
assign the string value to strSQL.  I did not have the SET before but now
added it but still no help.

'Point to current database
Set db = CurrentDb()

'Set Recordset from results of query
Set rst = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL)

'Check is Recordset is Empty if so move to first record
If Not rst.EOF Then rst.MoveFirst

'Loop until no more records in Recordset
Do While Not rst.EOF

    ExportedItems.AddItem (rst!ITEMNMBR)
    rst.MoveNext

Loop

End Sub

Thank you,

Robert G.

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Robert
>
> Do you have more code than this?  Where is the code to open and close the
> ADO connection to SQL?  What version is this for?
>
> One thing I can see straight away is that your query is using the wrong
> syntax for using the dbo reference.  It should be "dbo.IV00101", but the dbo
> is not really need anyway.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "Robert G." wrote:
>
> > I am trying to create a "smart" database intermediary.  I am trying to use
> > the item number from the import value into a SQL Select statement as show
> > below in my code to match up with only GP items associated with the generic
> > item number.  I am getting an error 424 (Object required) at run-time.
> >

> > Private Sub ItemNumber_GotFocus()
> > Dim rst As Recordset
> > Dim db As Database
> > Dim strSQL As String
> > 'Sets the RowSourceType to a Query
> > ExportedItems.RowSourceType = "Value List"
> > 'SQL string to query dynamically from Item Number in Access database
> >
> > If (Not IsNull(Me.Controls!ItemNumber)) Then Set strSQL = "SELECT
> > dbo_IV00101.ITEMNMBR FROM dbo_IV00101 WHERE (( (dbo_IV00101.ITEMNMBR) Like
> > ('" & Me.Controls!ItemNumber.Text & "' + " * ")))"
> >

> > Please help since this needs to be done ASAP for our client.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Robert G.
0
RobertG (25)
10/23/2007 1:54:01 PM
You night want to write using the "NEW" word in your rst declaration.

Dim rst as New Recordset

--
Tom Garth

"Robert G." wrote:

> I am doing this in Access 2003 to import via IM to GP 9.0 but they will be
> using GP 10.0.  The import does not vary much between versions.  They have so
> many inventory items that need to be decided before it becomes a quote or an
> order.  The rest of the code is below.  I get the error when it tries to
> assign the string value to strSQL.  I did not have the SET before but now
> added it but still no help.
>
> 'Point to current database
> Set db = CurrentDb()
>
> 'Set Recordset from results of query
> Set rst = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL)
>
> 'Check is Recordset is Empty if so move to first record
> If Not rst.EOF Then rst.MoveFirst
>
> 'Loop until no more records in Recordset
> Do While Not rst.EOF
>
>     ExportedItems.AddItem (rst!ITEMNMBR)
>     rst.MoveNext
>
> Loop
>
> End Sub
>

> Thank you,
>
> Robert G.
>
> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Hi Robert
> >
> > Do you have more code than this?  Where is the code to open and close the
> > ADO connection to SQL?  What version is this for?
> >
> > One thing I can see straight away is that your query is using the wrong
> > syntax for using the dbo reference.  It should be "dbo.IV00101", but the dbo
> > is not really need anyway.
> >
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Senior Development Consultant
> > Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
> > Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
> >
> > Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
> >
> > mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> >
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > and confers no rights.
> >

> > "Robert G." wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to create a "smart" database intermediary.  I am trying to use
> > > the item number from the import value into a SQL Select statement as show
> > > below in my code to match up with only GP items associated with the generic
> > > item number.  I am getting an error 424 (Object required) at run-time.
> > >

> > > Private Sub ItemNumber_GotFocus()
> > > Dim rst As Recordset
> > > Dim db As Database
> > > Dim strSQL As String
> > > 'Sets the RowSourceType to a Query
> > > ExportedItems.RowSourceType = "Value List"
> > > 'SQL string to query dynamically from Item Number in Access database
> > >
> > > If (Not IsNull(Me.Controls!ItemNumber)) Then Set strSQL = "SELECT
> > > dbo_IV00101.ITEMNMBR FROM dbo_IV00101 WHERE (( (dbo_IV00101.ITEMNMBR) Like
> > > ('" & Me.Controls!ItemNumber.Text & "' + " * ")))"
> > >

> > > Please help since this needs to be done ASAP for our client.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > Robert G.
0
TomGarth (12)
10/23/2007 8:07:04 PM
Robert,

From the attached code snippet it appears that the Great Plains tables
linked to the open access database.  Does the user account you used to
attached the tables have sufficient rights to access them?

VinceV

0
VinceV (156)
10/23/2007 10:16:02 PM
The user has admin rights to all.

"VinceV" wrote:

> Robert,
>
> From the attached code snippet it appears that the Great Plains tables
> linked to the open access database.  Does the user account you used to
> attached the tables have sufficient rights to access them?
>
> VinceV

0
RobertG (25)
10/24/2007 4:02:02 PM
Robert,

So you are using linked tables then?

The link is based on the credentials of the person who linked the table to
the database, not the person who opened the Access DB.  Since the passwords
in GP9.0 are encrypted can I assume you used the SA account to do the linking?

Can you open the linked table and see the records or do you get an error?

Have you tried refreshing the links?

VinceV
0
VinceV (156)
10/24/2007 4:18:00 PM
This gives an error.  You can not do this.

The correct way is:

Set rst = New Recordset

If I do it this way, it still yields an error. I think that the RecordSet
Object can only have one instance or the RecordSet object is not Automation
object.  Either way I do not recieve an error when I leave it be as:

Dim rst As Recordset

Thank you,

Robert G.

"Tom Garth" wrote:

> You night want to write using the "NEW" word in your rst declaration.
>
> Dim rst as New Recordset
>
> --
> Tom Garth
>

> "Robert G." wrote:
>
> > I am doing this in Access 2003 to import via IM to GP 9.0 but they will be
> > using GP 10.0.  The import does not vary much between versions.  They have so
> > many inventory items that need to be decided before it becomes a quote or an
> > order.  The rest of the code is below.  I get the error when it tries to
> > assign the string value to strSQL.  I did not have the SET before but now
> > added it but still no help.
> >
> > 'Point to current database
> > Set db = CurrentDb()
> >
> > 'Set Recordset from results of query
> > Set rst = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL)
> >
> > 'Check is Recordset is Empty if so move to first record
> > If Not rst.EOF Then rst.MoveFirst
> >
> > 'Loop until no more records in Recordset
> > Do While Not rst.EOF
> >
> >     ExportedItems.AddItem (rst!ITEMNMBR)
> >     rst.MoveNext
> >
> > Loop
> >
> > End Sub
> >

> > Thank you,
> >
> > Robert G.
> >
> > "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Robert
> > >
> > > Do you have more code than this?  Where is the code to open and close the
> > > ADO connection to SQL?  What version is this for?
> > >
> > > One thing I can see straight away is that your query is using the wrong
> > > syntax for using the dbo reference.  It should be "dbo.IV00101", but the dbo
> > > is not really need anyway.
> > >
> > > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > > Senior Development Consultant
> > > Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
> > > Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
> > >
> > > Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
> > >
> > > mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> > >
> > > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > > and confers no rights.

0
RobertG (25)
10/24/2007 4:19:02 PM
Yes, I am using Linked Table with the sa credentials to link them.

I can view the information without error and have also refreshed/updated the
links.

Thank you,

Robert G.

"VinceV" wrote:

> Robert,
>
> So you are using linked tables then?
>
> The link is based on the credentials of the person who linked the table to
> the database, not the person who opened the Access DB.  Since the passwords
> in GP9.0 are encrypted can I assume you used the SA account to do the linking?
>
> Can you open the linked table and see the records or do you get an error?
>
> Have you tried refreshing the links?
>
> VinceV
0
RobertG (25)

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

help
hello, i am modifying the diskperf sample in the wdk so that i can communicate with it from user land. the diskperf sample is WDM. at the end of DriverEntry, i do: RtlInitUnicodeString( &ntUnicodeString, NT_DEVICE_NAME ); status = IoCreateDevice(DriverObject, 0, &ntUnicodeString, FILE_DEVICE_UNKNOWN, FILE_DEVICE_SECURE_OPEN, FALSE, &deviceObject ); where NT_DEVICE_NAME is defined as : #define NT_DEVICE_NAME L"\\Device\\DiskPerfTest" then i set up the symbolic link. then, in the IRP_MJ_DEVICE_CONTROL handler, i do a check for some IOCTRL code...

Unhandled object exception error message
Hi, one of our staff is receiving this message when trying to export an excel document from Smartlist: Unhandled object exception: Unable to set the Interactive property of the Application class EXCEPTION_CLASS_OBJECT_EXCEPTION Does anyone know what this means and/or how I can resolve the problem ...

Help with custom entity scenario
We've come across a bit of CRM customisation which I would appreciate any advice you can give. Basically what we are trying to achieve is to be able to log the interest in applications our products could be used in against lead, opportunity and account. The application interest doesn't need to be directly tied to products but we do need the ability to record multiple applications against each. An example of some of the applications is as follows: Anatomy Bacteriology Biochemistry Biological Vaccines Biophysics Blood bank Botany ...

Dex 11 error
I am getting the flowing error when using test mode. This error occurs before the login screen appears and when error I click the server drop down. Has anybody ran into this error before? Unhandled script exception: Could not load external 'DexIsODBCsqlDriver@GPDWIN32.dll'. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_MEMORY SCRIPT_CMD_EXTERN Reinstalling the application will help. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Invisible Pictures
Never had a prob before, but since yesterday, when I try to put a picture into MS Publisher (2003) it's invisible. It's there, because the placeholders adapt to the new shape and size - but no picture is actually visible. I've tried it with images I've used previously just to make sure it wasn't anything to do with the actual image I was trying to put in, but no joy. Can't find anything in Help or Troubleshooting to address this problem. Much appreciate any ideas as I need to do this for our shop publicity. The third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Conditional Formatting Need
Please Help, I really tried on my own. Column A and Column B If the cell value in column A1 is <6 format should be Blank If it is 6.0-6.99 then it will look to B1 for more info If it is 7-0-7.99 then it will look to B1 for more info And if it is 8 or greater it will look to B1 for more info If A1�s value is 6 or greater it is possible it will still remai blank, but now it will look to B1 for that value, to determine wha should happen with A1 If B1 is greater than 2.99 then A1 will remain blank and also B1 wil be blank If B1 is between 2.0 and 2.99 and A1 is between 6 and 7.99 the forma...

Is it possible to pass Certification Exams without proper training? Yes now its possible, this site will help you to download all guides and latest exam material for CISCO, MICROSOFT, ORACLE, COMPTIA,
Is it possible to pass Certification Exams without proper training? Yes now its possible, this site will help you to download all guides and latest exam material for CISCO, MICROSOFT, ORACLE, COMPTIA, LINUX. I received many e-mail from visitor about this site and to feel happy because this one can help you pass your certification exams very easily. Visit http://www.FreeExamKing.com ...

vba select field

Location of Right Click Start Logo Items
Hi, I have changed the openning location for Windows Explorer at the default location under accessaries and is all good load to new location, however when I use the right click start logo shortcuts "Explore, Open all users, and Explore all users" its not starting at he new location. I want to change the right click start logo shortcuts starting locations but when I right click the shortcuts instead of getting a list so I can go to properties it actually runs the shortcut. I would like to know where to find the actual shortcuts so I can change the starting locatio...

VLOOKUP in VBA

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

I need help with a table formula/mass editting
I have a spreadsheet (.csv) with 1600 products/rows and several columns. One of the columns that has the product descriptions also contains 1600 rows. In each row under that 'description' column is a formula/code to input a chart/table with product details to our web site in a chart form. I have many new products that I need to place on the web site with this layout. I need to know how to optimize that particular column to add specific details to the chart formula for the 1600 products. For instance, I need the chart to be the same on each product but with different ...

Synchronization Error
Hi folks, I have several remote users, and I set up their computers as domain members by default, and by default, the "my documents" folder is redirected to a network share. When I give the laptop to the user, they are getting a sync error when they log in. We have VPN software, but they don't initiate that until the computer is logged in and running, and they get the sync error first. Is there a way to make that sync error go away, or sync after the VPN is established? Mike This may help as it explains how Group Policies (like Folder Redirection) are pro...

Error installing CRM 3.0 on SBS 2003 R2
I get the following error when trying to install CRM 3.0 on SBS 2003 R2. I have been unable to find any information on this. Any help would be appreciated. [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Invalid Instance()).]Invalid connection. ...

dual Y axis help
I've read over some of these threads. However, I cannot seem to find something that can help me out. Here's what I'm looking to do: I need a 2 Y-Axis bar chart. The left Y-Axis=revenue, the right Y-axis=% of revenue. The X-axis is the country im referring to. What I need to see visually is Revenue being shown, and within the Revenue bar 3 smaller bars representing 3 different Operating expenses(% of revenue format). Is this possible? Am I clear? I just need a bar chart within a bar chart with 2 y-axis. Thanks. Hi, See Jon Peltier's page for links to cluster/stacked ...

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

Error to install Project 2007 Professional after to install Office
Hi all, the original error language is spanish, I'll try to translate this. I installed Office 2007 Enterprise Edition without problem, then I tried to install Project 2007 Professiona edition and then I get de following error: "El programa de instalacion no puede continuar debido a los siguientes errores: 2007 Microsoft Office system no admite la actualizacion desde una version preliminar. desinstale cualquier versión preliminar de los productos de 2007 microsoft office y sus tecnologias asociadas. Solucione los problemas que se indican anteriormente y ejecute de...

VBA Customization
Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks for all your help. open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the top left after the user id. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great >Plains 8.0? > >Thanks for all your help. > > > >. > Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens up the login screen instead. Any thoughts? Thanks again. "ger...

Run VBA without show
I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing. Which code should i use for that? Sub RunWithoutShow() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Paste the vba code here 'end of code 'Change screenupdating property to true Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub I hope this helps... Selva V Pasupathy For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com You may also (inserting into quote from code example bellow from Socko) Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely Sub RunWithoutShow() Appli...