VBA Customization

Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great
Plains 8.0?

Thanks for all your help.

0
msram (13)

open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the
Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the
top left after the user id.

0
anonymous (74725)
8/10/2004 7:44:00 PM
Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens
up the login screen instead.
Any thoughts? Thanks again.

"gerald" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the
> Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the
> top left after the user id.

0
msram (13)
8/10/2004 8:30:31 PM
When you tried to add the company did you do
Tools>>Customization>>Add Fields?  if not please do that
and click on the company.  Your cue is your cursor, it
should change to a plus sign (i guess).

0
anonymous (74725)
8/11/2004 2:11:24 PM
Yes, that is what I exactly did. The cursor changes only after the login
screen pops up. We use Great Plains 8.0.

> When you tried to add the company did you do
> Tools>>Customization>>Add Fields?  if not please do that
> and click on the company.  Your cue is your cursor, it
> should change to a plus sign (i guess).

0
msram (13)
8/11/2004 2:26:02 PM
For 8.0 the answer is "no".  The proposed solution by gerald works ok in
previous versions but not 8.0 anymore.

The problem is that the "toolbar" that you see in great plains 8.0 is no
longer the classic toolbar that contained the user, date, company etc.  What
you see are commands that aren't accessible by VBA.

What you need is a package file created in a previous version that has these
fields added to it.  You can them import that into your VBA and it'll work
OK.  The previous toolbar is still there and updated correctly, it's just
not visible.  And because it's not visible you cannot add it to VBA
directly.

I'd open up a support incident with MBS Tools Support and request such a
package file from them.  It's been discussed there but nothing has come of
it since it hasn't been an issue that the 8.0 customers' have mentioned
(yet).

"Sree" <msram@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great
> Plains 8.0?
>
> Thanks for all your help.

You might try this (works in v7.5)

DIM App as New Dynamics.Application
DIM strCompanyName as string
..
..
..
strCompanyName = App.GetDataValue("'Company Name' of globals")
..
..
..

> Yes, that is what I exactly did. The cursor changes only after the login
> screen pops up. We use Great Plains 8.0.
>
> "gerald" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When you tried to add the company did you do
> > Tools>>Customization>>Add Fields?  if not please do that
> > and click on the company.  Your cue is your cursor, it
> > should change to a plus sign (i guess).

0
warrex (71)

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

Taskpad in Custom calendar views.
I have two views setup in calendar that have different filters etc. In OLXP I had one showing the taskpad, the other not, but I can't get the same result in OL2003 - if I turn the taskpad off or drag it all the way to the right in one view, it dissapears in the other as well. Any ideas? ...

Custom views
I have vers 2002 SP2 When I open an prev backup outlook.pst file, everything seems to be there, including my custom print styles, EXCEPT MY CUSTOM VIEWS ARE MISSING FROM THE VIEW/CURRENT VIEW MENU! Are they not included in outlook.pst file? This has happened twice to me, once a couple of versions ago ...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Help with custom entity scenario
We've come across a bit of CRM customisation which I would appreciate any advice you can give. Basically what we are trying to achieve is to be able to log the interest in applications our products could be used in against lead, opportunity and account. The application interest doesn't need to be directly tied to products but we do need the ability to record multiple applications against each. An example of some of the applications is as follows: Anatomy Bacteriology Biochemistry Biological Vaccines Biophysics Blood bank Botany ...

vba select field

VLOOKUP in VBA

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

backgrounds in custom stationery
I created a custom stationery for my outlook messages. I added "background-repeat: no-repeat" to my html code and it veiws fine in the Internet Explorer browser. As soon as I link it to Outlook the background image repeats. How do I get the background image not to repeat when linked to Outlook? I am working with Outlook 2002. Thank You Glenda I have the exact same problem. Someone please help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Cannot "Customize Outlook Today"
After upgrading a computer from Windows 98 to Windows XP, we had to reinstall Office 2000 and updates. After importing the old data back into Outlook, we clicked on "Customize Outlook Today" but nothing happened. Thinking there was some glitch in the data or in the registry, we tried re-importing the data, even set up a new user and imported the data there. I deleted the OUTLWVW.DLL file, and the Windows Installer promptly put it back in, but still no response when we click on "Customize Outlook Today" (or Alt-U -the words are highlighted but the screen otherwi...

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

Custom Label w/ Barcode
I was wondering if there was a way to make a custom label that would have a barcode generated from the alias. The way we have things set up, all the items have their barcode placed in the alias section. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks. Kwang Lee Kwang Problem is, which Alias? You can list many, so you would have to somehow identify which Alias. I wouldn't look for a change in RMS soon. I helped another user move his Primary UPCs from Alias table to Item table some time ago and would recommend you do the same. Ken Nelson "Kwang Lee" <KwangLee@discussions....

Multiple Formula Custom Formatting
I was recently challenged to create a formula that displays two values separated by a slash in the same cell. For example A1=40 and B2= 10. C3 displays [30 / .75]. The difference between the two, and what should be the percentage. The formula I put together is =(A1-B2)&" / "&((A1-B2)/A1). The formula works but I can not get the second value to format as a %, it only displays as a decimal. Does anyone know how I can make the second value display as a percentage without messing up the formatting of the first value? Any advice would be much appreciated. ...

VBA Customization
Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks for all your help. open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the top left after the user id. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great >Plains 8.0? > >Thanks for all your help. > > > >. > Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens up the login screen instead. Any thoughts? Thanks again. "ger...

Run VBA without show
I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing. Which code should i use for that? Sub RunWithoutShow() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Paste the vba code here 'end of code 'Change screenupdating property to true Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub I hope this helps... Selva V Pasupathy For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com You may also (inserting into quote from code example bellow from Socko) Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely Sub RunWithoutShow() Appli...

Form Controls vs VBA controls
I am new to VBA so just finding my feet, can anyone help me with th differences between an excel control (i.e. one from the form toolbox lets say a checkBox and a vba checkBox? From trying the two controls the I have noticed is that you canno capture the change event of the VBA checkbox in the code module, it ha to be done via the sheet (i.e. checkbox on sheet1, code goes in chang event on sheet1) the control is placed on, is this correct? What woul you do if you have three sheets with the same controls just differen data, do you really have to code the control 3 times? The excel control ho...

Customize Close Opportunity form?
Is it possible to add customize the Close Opportunity form in order to add new required data fields? I can't find this form in the System Customization section of the Settings area. I've added 2 new schema objects to the Opportunity entity and would like to add them to this form. Similar to actual revenue, the information is not known until the opportunity is either won or lost. Hi, I don't think the "close opportunity" screen can be modified with current CRM 1.2 version. Regards, Lia Budiman "Gary Bell" wrote: > Is it possible to add customize...

"Custom Dictionary Unavailable"
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Every time I keep using word I get a message saying my custom dictionary is unavailable. This is a new problem encountered after editing the current custom dictionary. I have tried removing it, re-adding it, creating my own custom dictionary, nothing has worked. Anything I have tried to add as a custom dictionary continues to be &quot;unavailable&quot;. I have checked that the language was set to the right one.... Any other suggestions? Set the language to "no language" That error can mean "The language mar...

Referencing a ComboBox in VBA
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I want to run some code in my Workbook_Open() Sub that fills a combo box on one of my Worksheets (I will call it myCombo on mySheet). I tried the following code and it did not work: myCombo.Clear myCombo.AddItem "Item One" myCombo.AddItem "Item Two" myCombo.AddItem "Item Three" I assume that the problem is that within the Workbook_Open() Sub, the reference to myCombo is not valid. Can anyone tell me if/how I can get a valid reference to myCombo (on mySheet)? Thanks in advance, Paul Kraemer -- Paul Krae...

How do I use the custom list option?
I am trying to sort faculty records by position in Excel and am having some trouble. The usual sort options don't seem relevent, so I have a hunch that I need to configure a custom list. I would like the records to appear in the following order: Full, Associate, Assistant, Instructor. If anyone could shed some light on this for me, I'd be greatly appreciative. Thank you. Put the words you want in the list in the right order Full Associate Assistant Instructor select the range with the words, do tools>options>custom lists, click import, click OK Now when you sort, click o...

inserting and renaming a sheet vba
Instead of having 2 lines of code, one to insert a new sheet and one t rename it, is there a way to insert a sheet with particular name i one go -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...