VBA Customization

Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great
Plains 8.0?

Thanks for all your help.

0
msram (13)

open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the
Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the
top left after the user id.

0
anonymous (74721)
8/10/2004 7:44:00 PM
Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens
up the login screen instead.
Any thoughts? Thanks again.

"gerald" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the
> Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the
> top left after the user id.

0
msram (13)
8/10/2004 8:30:31 PM
When you tried to add the company did you do
Tools>>Customization>>Add Fields?  if not please do that
and click on the company.  Your cue is your cursor, it
should change to a plus sign (i guess).

0
anonymous (74721)
8/11/2004 2:11:24 PM
Yes, that is what I exactly did. The cursor changes only after the login
screen pops up. We use Great Plains 8.0.

> When you tried to add the company did you do
> Tools>>Customization>>Add Fields?  if not please do that
> and click on the company.  Your cue is your cursor, it
> should change to a plus sign (i guess).

0
msram (13)
8/11/2004 2:26:02 PM
For 8.0 the answer is "no".  The proposed solution by gerald works ok in
previous versions but not 8.0 anymore.

The problem is that the "toolbar" that you see in great plains 8.0 is no
longer the classic toolbar that contained the user, date, company etc.  What
you see are commands that aren't accessible by VBA.

What you need is a package file created in a previous version that has these
fields added to it.  You can them import that into your VBA and it'll work
OK.  The previous toolbar is still there and updated correctly, it's just
not visible.  And because it's not visible you cannot add it to VBA
directly.

I'd open up a support incident with MBS Tools Support and request such a
package file from them.  It's been discussed there but nothing has come of
it since it hasn't been an issue that the 8.0 customers' have mentioned
(yet).

"Sree" <msram@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great
> Plains 8.0?
>
> Thanks for all your help.

You might try this (works in v7.5)

DIM App as New Dynamics.Application
DIM strCompanyName as string
..
..
..
strCompanyName = App.GetDataValue("'Company Name' of globals")
..
..
..

> Yes, that is what I exactly did. The cursor changes only after the login
> screen pops up. We use Great Plains 8.0.
>
> "gerald" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When you tried to add the company did you do
> > Tools>>Customization>>Add Fields?  if not please do that
> > and click on the company.  Your cue is your cursor, it
> > should change to a plus sign (i guess).

0
warrex (71)

Empty custom Address List in Outlook
I don't know if this is an Exchange or Outlook problem yet so I'll start here. I created a custom Address List in the Exchange System Manager. I previewed it, and it looks good. When I go into Outlook and switch to that List, it's empty. I checked the security and it's inheriting from the parent. So it has the same permissions as the default Address Lists. Any ideas? Exchange '03 SP1 on Server '03 SP1, using Outlook '02 SP3 Can you check in OWA and see if it's also empty? James Chong MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com mcoppa@gm...

customer vendor consolidation #3
I would like to be able to transfer mulitple documents between payables and receivalbles all at once and have the option of having the documents transfer individually or as one lump sum. Currently if mulitple documents are transfered at the same time, a lump sum is transerferred instead of individiuals documents, which mean one credit memo is created instead of one per document being transferred. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in t...

Built in excel 2007 formats via VBA
Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 2007 built in presets via vba, as the macro won't capture them? Thanks and regards, Mark To figure this out for yourself, see Case Study – Embedded and Linked Objects http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/vba/vba-embedded%20or%20linked%20objects.htm -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach In Excel 2007 double-click to format may not work; right click and select from the menu "mark Stephens" wrote: > Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 20...

Modifier/VBA related question
Hi How can we access a field added in a dex window through modifier using Dexterity? Or How can we access hided field of dex window in VBA? Thanks & Regards Pradeep M V Fields in a modified 3rd party window cannot be accessed from Dexterity. However with Version 9 SP1, these fields are accessable using VS tools. You can also access fields in a modified 3rd party window using VBA. In VBA, if the field is hidden, you need to first show the field, add it to VBA and then you can hide it again. Once the field is in VBA you can access it wether it is visible or not. Steve Hudson ...

Integration manager and customer fields
In GP 9.0, using the Integration Manager, is it possible to import into user defined fields created in the Human resources cards? Right now, we are integrating into the Payroll master but can not seem to import into any of the custom created fields. Thanks. Integration Manager does not have an adapter that will import into the HR fields. There may be a 3rd Party tool available - check ISV Central, they may have something there. "Jerry Flatto" wrote: > In GP 9.0, using the Integration Manager, is it possible to import into user > defined fields created in the Human res...

How do I programmatically select various ranges in vba?
From what I understand you must use Application.Union to combine large Range groups in vba to use in Excel. Somthing like... Dim BigRange as Range, R(10) as String R(1) = "1:1, 3:3" R(2) = "7:7, 20:20, 43:43" R(3) = "100:100" Set BigRange = Application.Union ( Range (R(1)), Range (R(2)), Range (R(3)) ) BigRange.Select Which is fine and dandy with just the 3, but if I had a hundred or so ranges how would I create a loop statment to combine the various ranges. *The ranges would contain the entire row of a wo...

CRM 4 Import Customization hangs #2
When trying to import isv.config customization into CRM 4, the 'Import Customization -- Webpage Dialog' window just says 'Importing customizations. please wait for operation to complete...'. It never finishes. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Problem saving PDF within VBA
I am trying to save a slide in pdf format using Powerpoint 2007. I am finding that it works on some machines but not others. The specifics are Powerpoint 2007, Adobe Reader 9.2. Here is the code: Set oTempPres = Presentations.Open("c:\Cert.pptx", WithWindow:=False) With oTempPres For x = .Slides.Count To 1 Step -1 If .Slides(x).SlideIndex <> currentSlide Then .Slides(x).Delete End If Next .SaveCopyAs "c:\Cert.pptx" .SaveAs FileName:="c:\Cert.pdf", fileformat:=ppSaveAs...

Custom dll Request
I'm looking for someone to write a dll. I want my RMS POS to present a 3-choice dialog box at the beginning of every transaction. Button #1 - Sale/Return - would simply close the dialog and allow the cashier to ring up a sale or return. Buttons #2 & #3 - Delivery Order & Special Order - would trigger macros. An <ESC> keystroke would be handled the same as Button #1. The default should be Delivery Order. If you've got the time, skills and inclination to provide something like this, contact me and we can discuss terms... Tom -- The worst words in business: "...

setup option to roll down changes from customer card billing addre
I received a suggestion that if a user makes a change to the bill to address on the customer card, you should be able to roll the changes down to your transactions. The custoemr would like to see a setup option that would do this. I received this suggestion at convergence. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader...

Customizing warning message sent when mailbox has reached certain size.
Hi All, Just wondering if there is a way to customize the warning message that Exchange sends when a user has reached a limit? Currently we have the warning message sent @ 200 MB but actual send/receive is stopped @ 300 MB. The message sent by Exchange is confusing in that it tells the user that they have reached a limit when in actuality we only want to give them a warning that they are getting close to the limit... Hope that makes sense ;-) Any help would be much appreciated! Thnx. Tom no way to do this without hiring Microsoft Consulting Services... "Tom Kostis" &l...

Vba excel add tables & shapes in word
Working with Office 2007 i build a word document from within excel. I start with a empty document, and sets the size and orientation from excel. I can add tables and shapes to the first page. When adding to second page tables are placed correct, but shapes are placed on first page. How do i get the shapes intended for page 2 to appear on page 2? Thanks -- H. C. The .Shapes.AddShape method (as well as the other .AddXXX methods) has an optional argument named Anchor. In order to place the shape anywhere other than the top left corner of page 1, you must supply a Range as the value...

How to compact a database using macro or vba?
I have a DB tht loads a form when opened. I want to run a compact DB every time I open and close the DB. Is there a away to accomplis that using macro? ...

Custom Workflow Activity
I have create a custom workflow activity for CRM 4.0 and have installed via dll on CRM server, however I cannot get it to authenticate against the CRM service as I cannot find credentials anywhere which are passed through. See below code, neither CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials or CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials contain any credentials (having looked into their properties in the watch window), resulting in no organisations being returned in orgResponse? Any ideas as to where I can obtain the credentials in a workflow activity to pass through? // STEP 1: Instantiate ...

vba question
hey, i have made a few custom functions using vba, is there a way i can save the code in a place where it can be accesses by any workbook i may be using. at the moment I can only save it to the workbook im in at the time and therefore only use it in that particular workbook. thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Matt! Save it in your Personal.xls file or create an Addin. I'd go for the Addin approach as you can use an Addin to enrol your functions in the function list categories each time Excel is opened. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Austral...

Importing Custom Toolbars
I recently created several custom toolbars to work with a particular workbook. When I moved the Excel file which was that workbook to another computer, I discovered that the toolbars were not associated with the workbook and hence didn't exist on the other computer. Is there anyway to transfer these toolbars short of recreating them. Josh Josh, While the best practice is to dynamically create toolbars with code, you can attach a toolbar to a workbook. Go to the View menu, choose Toolbars, then Customize. In that dialog, click the Toolbars tab, and then Attach. In the Attach dialog, s...

is there a quick way of getting rid of custom views?
Hi (again) :) i have auto-filtered my data. and have now save it as a custom view. i have now selected custom view. now i want to get back to the original view (unfiltered and unhidden) is there a quick way of doing this? other than going to each tab an clicking "show all" the only way i can think of is to save a custom view called UNFILTERED. but this works only if i remember to do this BEFORE started to filter/hide. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com sokevin You could just try switching off all filters by clicking Data/Filter/Autofilter. Seamu -...

VBA push to Excel issue
I have an MS Access database that outputs multiple tables to multiple preformatted worksheets on an Excel Template. The code loops through names and only outputs that person's data then saves the spreadsheet with that person's name. I am having an issue where the data looses it's format. For example, currency value formats switch to date formats. What is confusing is that it does this randomly in the field, not all values get their formats changed. I have stepped through the code and watched this happen. This is a headache for the user because this code produces over ...

Allowed to view and edit all customers
When I unselect the check box for Allowed to view and edit customers under cashier security, the cashier seems to still be able to edit or delete the customer at will. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Change the security status of the screen by using the left tab on screen near the F7 key. Then secure the customer screen by clicking F7 then press ctrl S together and select the options you want to block for security reasons. For example, I have two people only that can delete an account for everyone else that option is not available the button is grey. You can customize every tab th...

Creating a customer accounts statement vis query?
Hi, i use access to create invoices for jobs that i do.. currently i have the following...Jobs database that includes a the cost for the job. I print an invoice from this information... The layout is basically the following..job.customerIDjob.descriptionjob.datejob.chargeI also record payments in a separate database called Payments because the payments are sometimes different than the charges...payment.customerIDpayment.datepayment.amountI would love to create a report that uses the data from both of these tables and generates a statement like so...Date Credit Debit1/2/07 �5...

MS Money 2007 hangs when customizing reports...please help
I am getting ready for tax season and wanted to customize my reports, but no matter what report I choose, Money hangs after I click Customize... on the left side bar. MS Money 2007 sp2 (16.0.120.1303) on Win XP Home sp2, etc After I click the Customize link, I cannot do anything in Money...nothing is clickable, cannot exit, access menus, nothing. The only way to get out is to use task manager to kill the program. Advance Reporting is enabled. If you just let it sit there, the report with periodically refresh the data, so something inside money is working. I have done the standard file re...

vba password
i have created a vba project in excel long back. Now i would like to add few modules now, how would i recover my forgotten password? please help me Search the internet, there are many free tools to recover passwords Even for VBA projects. Although most of them are limited in one way or another, and it could also take a long time if the password is long. -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Subbu" wrote: > i have created a vba project in excel long back. Now i would like to add few > modules now, how would i recover my forgotten password? plea...

Projecto VBA
Será que me poderiam ajudar. O meu ficheiro informa ao abrir: "Este livro perdeu o respectivo projecto VBA, os controlos ActiveX e outras funcionalidades relacionadas com a programação". Obrigado. Acácio Bike ...

How can i create custom label sizes in Publisher 2000?
We'd like to use Publisher 2000 to print package labels, 6 per page, 2 7/8"x5 1/2". We hope it will be less difficult to lay out than in Word. Suggestions? Thanks jim mumm See the following links: http://www.publishermvps.com/LinkClick.aspx?link=92&tabid=39&mid=440 http://www.publishermvps.com/General/Templates/tabid/38/Default.aspx -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mumm's Sprouting Seeds" <Mumm's Sprouting Seeds@discussi...

Custom Formats #3
I have created a custom format for a cell that will be used in a general company form. The custom format is for a credit card number and was written as follows: #### #### #### ####. When ever I type in a number 9999 9999 9999 9999 the final digit is convert to a zero. I do not understand why it is doing this. It is not being rounded. Can anyone help correct this very irritating formatting issue? Thanks -- bb Excel has only 15 digits precision and you can't use a custom text format that way, You need to either preformat as text or precede the entry with an apostrophe ...