vacation available not correct

Hello:

This client tells me that the amounts appearing in the Vacation Available
field within the Vac/Sick button in Employee Maintenance is not appearing
correctly for a few employees.

For instance, they just added 16.00 hours worth of floating hours (2
business days) in the Vacation Available field for two supervisors.  They're
saying that those 16.00 hours are not there anymore and they claim that no
vacation hours have been processed in Payroll Trx Entry for these two
supervisors.

Also, they say that one employee has a negative amount of vacation
available.  The Payroll Employee Pay Codes History Inquiry window, they say,
shows the hours that he had available at the beginning of the year.  Now,
they say that the amount is negative in Vacation Available in Employee
Maintenance.

Now, this client has done some strange stuff in the past.  Frankly, I think
that what they have been doing is messing around with vacation amounts in the
Payroll Employee Class windows and rolling down the changes and getting
surprised later.

I mean, if the vacation amounts are not getting processed during transaction
entry, then the only other way that Vacation Available amounts can change is
by changing the class and rolling down.  Am I correct, or are there other
ways of changing Vacation Available?

Like I said, this client has claimed to see some strange things but I think
it is all user error of some sort.  (This is the same client that claims that
adding an additional letter to the First Name field in Employee Maintenance
inactivated deductions for an employee!)

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

Pivot table not alphabetizing correctly for one character
In Excell from Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional, after setting the pivot table to sort in ascending values, the field is sorted for all values except for one. This one lists at the top (or bottom if descending values) of the pivot table no matter what I've tried. The following are some of the field values: ALC, STC, NTL, DEF, LUC,MOL, JUN,SNO. When sorted, all are alphabetized except JUN. That value always is at the top. I've checked the original data, the query, and the excel data. All appear consistent and sort appropriately, the pivot table will not. If I chang...

Is this a correct way of doing an optimistic update
Imagine two different users executing this code at the same time. I can not use the CRecordset Update Delete methods for this. // Check to see if version number has been incremented since this view read in // the client data CClientRecordSet rs(mConn); rs.m_strFilter = "ID = "; rs.m_strFilter += client->GetKey(); rs.m_strFilter +=" AND "; rs.m_strFilter += "Version = "; rs.m_strFilter += client->GetVersion(); // Assuming here, this is acting as a lock on tables referenced mConn->BeginTrans(); rs.Open(CRecordset::snapshot, NULL, CRecordset::re...

Vacation Accrued
I would be interested in having the system accrue vacation pay based on the employee anniversary dates �not the calendar year and then somehow having that segregated from the current accrual � which is technically for next years vacation. I wonder if this is possible and how. Thank you, Liliana Hi Liliana, This would require customization - I could build this for you. If interested just post your email address and I'll contact you. "Liliana" wrote: > I would be interested in having the system accrue vacation pay based > on the employee anniversary dates –not the cale...

Vacation Expenses
I've been using Money for years and every time I go on vacation I am torn between tracking all vacation expenses as such or categorizing everything the way I normally do (i.e. Vacation: Travel vs Automobile: Gasoline). On one hand I would have a better understanding of how much it really costs to be on vacation and on the other I'd have more accurate numbers regarding specific categories. I guess I'm just wondering what other people's opinions are on this. Please chime in. Thanks, Richard ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==--...

Watch this corrective package
--ivjwimadsj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="txzzqiificixfpjv"; type="multipart/alternative" --txzzqiificixfpjv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="axnoecqzdmgiiyyj" --axnoecqzdmgiiyyj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. ...

An ODBC add-in should be available for Excel 2003
Why isn't there an ODBC add-in for excel 2003 like there is in previous versions, or are there any other methods available to query and import data from a "DBF" file? "Chris Humphrey" <Chris Humphrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10F57A94-F736-4F78-95E2-0E7C87EE9C44@microsoft.com... > Why isn't there an ODBC add-in for excel 2003 like there is in previous > versions, or are there any other methods available to query and import data > from a "DBF" file? You can use Data|Import external data. You have to create an ODBC ...

Calculate Employee Vacation Due
I am trying to calculate when an employee is due his vacation. He gets 40 hours after 6 months of service from hire date. 80 hours on Jan 1 of the year following his first anniversary of hir date. 120 hours on Jan 1 seven years after ist anniversary of hire date -- SilverM7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SilverM78's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1463 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26264 Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "SilverM78...

Shared public folder calendar in Exchange: how best to have subscribers request vacation time?
I've set up a SBS 2008 Server for our small business (medical practice with four partner physicians). I'm creating a common calendar for partners' work schedules, using categories such as "on call," "vacation," "business meeting", etc. I'd like the subscribers to the calendar to be able to submit requests for time off, on-call changes, etc., to our office manager so that she needs to massage the requests as little as possible before posting them to the shared calendar. Can anyone suggest a streamlined workflow for this? Most subscrib...

successfully registered dll not available in COM reference list
when i run regsvr32, it looks like a registered my dll successfully. i get the message "DllRegisterServer in C:\...\<filename>.dll succeeded." when i check my registry, the keys for this dll is included. however, when i go to my project in visual studio 2008, the dll is not listed in my available COM referemce list. please help. ...

acrue vacation on vacation
what exactly does this function do? Hi, This just includes vacation hours in those hours used for accrual calculation, just like worked hours. >-----Original Message----- >what exactly does this function do? >. > ...

See this corrective patch from the MS Corp.
--fhaxeuglje Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="iultdysmcpnhaz"; type="multipart/alternative" --iultdysmcpnhaz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uvqblpad" --uvqblpad Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "January 1980, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these vulnerabiliti...

Excel cannot complete this task with available resources #3
I am getting this error in excel: Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications. I have Excel 2003 (11.8231.8221) SP3. My computer has 2.0 GB RAM. I closed all other apps but excel. The spreadsheet that I have has 19 tabs each with a query to an MS SQL database. My vb code also does some formating, background color and grouping of the returned data. The queries do not return much data. Most tabs have less that 100 rows. (All have 10 columns). This biggest has only 1961 rows. =info("memused") is 117,770,472 Any Id...

Accrued vacation showing on payroll stub
With GP 9.0 going to GP 10.0, I would like to be able to show our employees, on their paycheck stub, the accrued vacation they have available. The information is in GP, and it accrues every pay period, but I can't seem to find a way to move that information to the paycheck reporting stub. I have been preparing a seperate voucher to show them their accrual. Thanks, Phil If you are using GP Payroll - launch report writer and drag over the fields: Vacation Available and Sick Time Available from the Payroll Work Check Table "Phil" wrote: > With GP 9.0 going to GP 10.0, I wo...

my outlook does not seem to have been set up correctly
I cannot find any incoming or outgoing messages on outlook not sure I have set this up correctly. Have recently had added microsoft small business by pc world Did you configure your email account(s)? If so, do you get any error messages when you try to send or receive mail? Is there anything in the Inbox folder in Outlook? "cloches" <cloches@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11B8F0A7-DFB6-42DB-8EBC-051CAC4899E2@microsoft.com... >I cannot find any incoming or outgoing messages on outlook not sure I have > set this up correctly. Have recently had ad...

GL Transaction Entry Correct Zoom
I was just at a client using GP 9 and no SP's. We went to Transactions->Financial->General and clicked on the Correct button. When we click on the maginifying glass to look up a J/E it sat there for over a minute. I thought maybe applying the latest service pack would help but then I went to a GP 10 SP4 installation and it did the same thing. Not only that but SQL suddenly jumped in hard drive access. Whatever that query is behind that button needs to be corrected. If I go into SQL and look for a specific J/E it finds it immediately. Fortunately, there is a fix in versions 8,...

Direct Email Button not available for user
One of my Users does not see the Direct Email Button on any screen, including advanced find or contacts or leads. What privilege do I need to give her to SEND Direct Email (and the button to show up)?? Thanks!! ...

Auto Response or Vacation Response
Does outlook have this function? I not can I get it and where? Out of Office works only if you connect to an Exchange server. Otherwise, you'll have to spoof it with rules - and this means leaving Outlook open & connected to the Internet for the duration of your absence. See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/index.htm M. Abell wrote: > Does outlook have this function? I not can I get it and > where? ...

How do you print correction marks in Word
I'm trying to keep the correction marks when printing in Microsoft Word. Currently I can see them when writing my document, but I want to preserve them when I print out the document. Currently, the only way I see to do this is to screen shot the page, but I'd rather not do that since it's a lot of extra steps. What do you mean by "correction marks"? Do you mean the Track Changes stuff? In your Print dialog, under "Print What?", choose "Document with Markup." On May 27, 4:58=A0pm, Sean <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

Free & Busy information not available
I posted something similar yesterday but I'm afraid I was unclear. I have an Office XP user who wants to schedule a meeting , but can't see anybody's free/busy info except for a stripe across the whole period representing "No Information". Other users, however, can access this info with no problem. See KB 296192 and have them run the \cleanfreebusy switch. "El Marko" <threegtrz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e12RMpZSEHA.2908@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I posted something similar yesterday but I'm afraid I was unclear. > > I have an ...

Vacation
I have used the function working hours for schedule vacation. After that I would like to have an overall report regarding when people have vacation. I don´t find any standardreport and I can´t create any advanced search about it neither. Does any one have any idea how I can get this information in a smart way...? You could consider to add the vacations as appointment activities. Create the appointment, select the start and end time and select for show time as -out of office-. In the organizer lookup field select the vacation owner. This way you will be able to see the vacation...

how do I set availability at less than 8 hours per day?
As much as we would otherwise prefer, our team spends less than 100% of our time each week dedicated to projects. In reality, we're about 60% projects and 40% support. We also tend to work on several smaller projects at the same time, rather than one large project. Is there a way to set Project to have the work day reflect the number of hours that are available for project work, then assign a percent availability to use the number of project hours? When I tried to set the standard calendar to a 5 hour work day, and allocated a resource at 50%, they showed as working 4 hou...

Correct Beginning Balance in Account
I am absolutely new to Money. I'm using Money Small Business 2005 and have a problem setting up my checking account. I made an Owners' Transfer into the checking, it's the first recorded entry. However, the balance does not match the transfer amount, it's off by more than 50%. I made an Owners' Transfer (Draw) to bring the balance where it needed to be, but now it looks like I actually took this money out. Has anyone run into this situation and is there a work-around or fix? In microsoft.public.money, Tim Riley wrote: >I am absolutely new to Money. I'm u...

need to correct scanned document all i get is jumbled words
i scaned a doc & i need to correct some figures but all i get is jumbled mess as seen below C020000003FFFFE1FFE0BFFFFFFF810000404000C01FF03FF8CFFFFFFE3FF03FE07FDFF00FFFFFE000007F800003FC3FF81FF01FE1FF07F83FFFFFF3FE01FFC00000000C0000000000000000008000000040000C00202002180000006000000604003FFF Stacy Are you scanning as Text using the OCR software that came with your scanner? Depending upon the OCR software, you can get close to 100% accuracy. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 04:20:02 -0700, "stacy" <stacy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i scaned a doc...

No Buffer space available, any permanent solution ?
Dear all, I have been experiencing this problem before but i can't find any permanent solution. I have tried searching for the solutions in the net but after reading all threads , restarting is the only solution provided. This problem occurs when my HQclient is attempting to connect. Thru VPN , they're connecting. Is their any other solution ? would increasing my ram will be a solution ? hi Greg, I can understand how much worried you are with this problem, the possible thing is that your connectivity to the HQ. Editting the registry is not for beginners, if you don't kn...

How to change column letters to correct ones in many formulas automatically?
Hello I have to make a 2004 year calculation using 2004 year table in the same way a 2003 year calculation which used 2003 year table was made. I copied formulas from 2003 version table to 2004 version table. The 2004 version table has different columns order therefore column letters in the formulas are incorrect. I want to change the column letters to correct ones according to 2003 and 2004 column lables located in a top rows in the tables. I have to use columns with the same lables as in 2003 year in formulas. How to change the column letters to correct ones in all formulas automatically? I ...