V10 SP Remote Install

Hi

We have a customer that still has a large number of GP clients, therefore a
SP4 install is cumbersome.

Is there any tool available that can be used to rollout automatically, e.g.
part of logon script?

Thanks
Marius

Have you looked at creating an installation package?  I have never done it,
but it may be an option.  Look at Ch. 3 in the User guide for Installation &
Configuration.

"Marius" wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have a customer that still has a large number of GP clients, therefore a
> SP4 install is cumbersome.
>
> Is there any tool available that can be used to rollout automatically, e.g.
> part of logon script?
>
> Thanks
> Marius
Marius,

Try to take a look at Manage Automated Client Updates window. It's under
Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Client Updates. I
think this is the one that you are looking for. Just click the F1 button for
more info once you get to the window.

hope this helps.

Rheiner

"Marius" wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have a customer that still has a large number of GP clients, therefore a
> SP4 install is cumbersome.
>
> Is there any tool available that can be used to rollout automatically, e.g.
> part of logon script?
>
> Thanks
> Marius
Marius,

Client Updates form is exactly what you are looking for, in addition, you
might need to check my blog post below on how to include you service packs in
your installation package:

http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/2009/10/include-sp-in-gp-package.html

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Rheiner" wrote:

> Marius,
>
> Try to take a look at Manage Automated Client Updates window. It's under
> Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Client Updates. I
> think this is the one that you are looking for. Just click the F1 button for
> more info once you get to the window.
>
> hope this helps.
>
> Rheiner
>

> "Marius" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > We have a customer that still has a large number of GP clients, therefore a
> > SP4 install is cumbersome.
> >
> > Is there any tool available that can be used to rollout automatically, e.g.
> > part of logon script?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Marius

Bad idea to install Word 2002 & Excel 2000?
I have Word 2002 installed on my PC. It is fully updated via Microsoft Updates and works just fine. I format my computer quite regularly, and in addition to Word I occasionally install Excel 2000. After doing this, I immediately go to Office Update and download/install the huge amount of security patches. Excel runs perfectly. However, I've noticed a peculiar problem thereafter. I'm browsing the Internet, visiting various websites, when suddenly a window will pop up asking me to insert the Office 2000 CD-ROM. I have to click 'cancel' several times befo...

Upgrade from v8 directly to v10
We are currently planning to upgrade from v8 directly to v10. Has anyone does this and did you experience any major issues, or would you reccommend upgrading to v9 then eventually go to v10. Thank you, jedwards Unless there is something in GP 10.0 that you absolutely MUST have, my recommendation is to go to GP 9.0 for now and wait until at least SP 1 of GP 10.0. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Jedwards" <Jedwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D488EA51-2D9D-4466-9124-1938FEB49618@microsoft.com... > We are currently plan...

printer driver install on Windows 7 x64
I have a printer driver that installs just fine on all OS's except Windows 7 x64 (Windows 7 x86 works). As a convenience to the printer manufacturer, I package the driver files in a self-extracting EXE. As part of the extraction process the last thing is to run the following command line: rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ii /f driver.inf When run on Windows 7 x64 the following message box appears: Windows can't open Add Printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x0000007E) Funny thing is, if I enter this command line from a command window in the folder whe...

Error with the Installation of the CRM client
Hi everyone, Currently we are having some problem with installing an Outlook CRM client on a laptop running with in Vista. This is the error; Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallPstAction failed. LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed. Is there someone encountering the same problem? Can you tell me how were you able to fix this issue? Any help wopuld be greatly apprecited. Thanks. -- mervin ...

Installing MM2005
I have received Microsoft Money 2005 for Christmas. I am running an old version on 98 se. Do I uninstall the old version before installing the new version? Classypat Pat, The new install will detect the old and prompt for uninstall. Don't know how old a version you were running and to what extent you used the program or the particulars of your 98se, but you may run into some performance issues with M05. If you're serious about continuing with M05 you may want to prepare yourself for an OS or hardware upgrade soon. Make sure you keep a good backup of your old money file. The M...

Installing ActiveX on XP and Vista
A slight topic shift from my previous installation thread (which seems to have died anyway). I'm putting together an installation (MSI) for my application using the 'setup project' in VS2005. I think I have all the correct files going where I need, but one particular file is giving me problems. I need to install an OCX file for our application licensing, but the registration of this ActiveX component causes an error in the Vista install, but its fine on XP. The error is: "Module C:\Program Files\...\SASE.OCX failed to register. HRESULT -2147023898. Contact your support...

Installation error https reporting server
Hi I'm trying to install crm 4 on a win2k8 server with SQL2008. SQL and reporting services are installed and working correctly, i can browse to the reportserver. It asks for a login, i enter an admin account and i can see reportserver and version. Whenever i want to install crm4 i get the following error: De opgegeven Reporting Services Report Server http://APPSRV/ReportServer kan niet worden gevalideerd. Fout: The operation you are attempting requires a secure connection (HTTPS). System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The operation you are attempting requires a secure conne...

Upgrade V8 to V10
I'm upgrading our Dynamics in a test environment from V8 to V10. Environment = Win Server 2003, SQL 2000 SP4, Dynamics V8 SP5. I am having a problem during the upgrade of the Dynamics Database. During the Upgrade of the System Database at the stage of "Convert Existing Data" the upgrade procedure stops at the table for Smart List Favourites Master. No error message. The "Next" button is greyed out. The "Details" button contains no information. The "Upgrade" button is available but nothing happens when pressed and only option is to press "Ca...

showing error when open documents in wss site locally or remotely
I have setup an EPM in my company . extranet is also configure. and PWA sites can open remotely smoothly. In WSS i made a site and assign 3 users in this site as a contributor . and in the form library and document i upload some document . when i try to open the wss site remotely its open normally but when i try to open the document remotely it is showing error. "Error cannot open the file 'Backup1.xlsx' becasue the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file&...

Install GP 2010 on 64bits server?
Dear All, Currently I got 2 server and configure like this; a) Server A - Install with Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition - 64bits - SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition - Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 b) Server B - Install with Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition - 32bits - Go-Global program to access GP remotely. The problem is; 1) When i try to install GP 2010 on server B, i got a problem with creating ODBC? Base on info i get from website, they suggest to run ODBC 32bits and i already did but still got same problem! 2) Is't my configuratio...

Installing #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I purchased Office Mac from an education website journeyEd.com. I already have Office Mac installed on my iMac, but I plan on buying a MacBook as well, and I was wondering if I can install Office Mac on a new MacBook or do I have to purchase the software again? On 6/18/09 5:15 PM, in article 59b76db2.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "ayeplussjr@officeformac.com" <ayeplussjr@officeformac.com> wrote: > I purchased Office Mac from an education website journeyEd.com. I already have > Office Mac installed o...

Can't find IV
I have an Excel schedule that I can import data from GP V9 using table IV00500, "QTY Avail" field. I used this worksheet weekly for our production schedule and it worked wonderfully until I upgraded to V10 SP3 last week. Now, table IV00500 does not exist and I can't find the QTY Avail field in any other table. Does anybody know which tables I can find this field? I found the QTY On Hand field but I need the QTY Avail field. Help! -- MCEng MC, I did a search for the field and it appears in 10.0 that it is included only in temp tables. Makes sense since QTY Available i...

Email not working after installing Outlook mail client
Hi I am having trouble sending any emails from CRM 3.0 after having installed the Outlook client on my dektop. Previous to installing the Outlook client emails were sending fine. Now I cannot send emails from either within CRM (Error message: "An error has occurred. For more info contact your administrator") or from Outlook. The mail router has been installed on the server. Anyone had a similar issue or know what the problem might be? Thanks in advance. ...

Confirm SP installation
Dumb question: Suppose I want to be sure I indeed installed SP1 and SP2 for Exchange 2003. How do I do that? I tired ESM->help->about, but that just showed the version numbers. Any ideas? -P TwistedPair wrote: > Dumb question: Suppose I want to be sure I indeed installed SP1 and SP2 for > Exchange 2003. How do I do that? > > I tired ESM->help->about, but that just showed the version numbers. > > Any ideas? > -P Hi, It should show you the version in the properties of your server in ESM. you have the number like 6.5 (7638.2) Service pack 2 for exchang...

Creating An Installer
Using InstallShield 6 but their Newsgrouup is horrible: How do you make a singe exe setup file. This is a small setup that only contains 6 files along with the appropriate shortcuts. Currently the default media is set to create a CD. I have choices to change the media to disks, Internet Install and soforth, however, I don't see anyway for creating a single exe installer. Please advise! JCO wrote: > Using InstallShield 6 but their Newsgrouup is horrible: > > How do you make a singe exe setup file. This is a small setup that > only contains > 6 files along with the ...

KB955759 installs fine, but is re-detected for installation
Microsoft Update keeps saying one of our XP Pro SP3 machines needs KB955759 installed. It installs successfully with no errors, but several minutes after a reboot, the yellow alert is back to install it again. I've manually downloaded the .exe and installed it with no errors as well. I've run MicrosoftFixit50202.msi in normal and aggressive modes with no resolution. Any tips?! Aaron D. Priest wrote: > Microsoft Update keeps saying one of our XP Pro SP3 machines needs KB955759 > installed. It installs successfully with no errors, but several minutes after > a...

License Keys for Installation
When installing CRM, is it possible to install and configure a customer system using the Adventure Works keys, then change keys to the live keys later? The delay we have every time we want to order CRM is a real problem and this would solve it. (Like we do with Great Plains?) No, you cannot change the Org Name of the install and the license keys are tied to the Org name. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "R-D-C" <rdc@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OIh$ujI2FHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... When installing CRM, is it possible to install and configure a customer sy...

"My Computer" will not launch after Money 2003 install
After installing MS Money 2003 on my Win98SE system, "My Computer" will not launch. No other programs were running when I installed MS Money 2003 - AntiVirus protection was disabled and only Explorer and Systray were running as shown via CTRL/ALT/DEL. When I remove the changes by reverting the drive with GoBack then My Computer works properly again - so I know it is results from system changes made by eth Money 2003 install. I am assuming this may be due to updated Windows components that MS Money 2003 says it will install if they are needed - perhaps it does not have eve...

DST Exchange Update Tool
I am unable to successfully run the msextmz.msi to use the Exchange Calendar Update Tool. Here's what I have done so far: Operating System is WindowsXP Pro SP2 Outlook 2003 SP2 installed 1) Installed .NET 2.0 2) Installed Outlook Time Zone Update Tool (tzmove.exe) When I run the msextmz.msi program, it stops with an error message: "Unable to install because an unsupported version of Outlook has been detected". How can I correct this and/or what should I look for? Thanks in advance. I think I know my problem - I have MS Office XP and Outlook 2003 - the requirement is ...

Add/Remove programs to show Installation date
Hi Mr Microsoft, In the add and remove programs, please can you have one of the fields set to show the date software was installed rather than "frequently used". I think having the installation date would be more benneficial. If your nor sure when a pice of software was installed, you can look in the Add/Remove programs, sort the list by Installation Date. If you have to do a system restore, it can make the selection of the date easier as you will know what day what software was installed ... I await your coments. Regards, Peter. ---------------- This post is ...

Integration Manager v10
I have noticed this a few times and have been able to work through it, but wondered if there is an easier way to tell what the problem is or if there is a fix for this. When running integration manager for v10, it says the integration is successful, but nothing was integrated. Sometimes the fix is just an invalid field in the source file or something is not setup in GP. Why does it say the integration was successful when it wasn't and how can you find out what was wrong with the integration. v9 did not seem to have this issue. Thanks in advance! I am getting that same error. ...

How to check programmatically if Excel is installed?
Hello, What will be the best way to check if Excel is installed and what is the name of executable? Is it always excel.exe? I think some older version had msexcel.exe, but I can be mistaken. Your thoughts please, Claire Claire By "programmatically" I take it that you mean VBA in Excel. To run any VBA macro in Excel you must first have to have Excel installed. Or did I miss something? HTH Otto "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message news:#5oGjlPpKHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > What will be the best way to check i...

KB924334 Error when trying to install Exchange SP2
One of my techs was working on a 2003 Exchnage Server that didn't Have SP2 applied. When He tries to apply SP2 he now gets an error message that "Setup has detected that the version of the service pack installed on your system is lower than what is necessary to apply this hotfix. At minimum, you must have Service Pack 2 installed" He took this to mean the he needed W2K3 SP2 so He installed that and he has tried many of the hotfixes with no luck. Can I safely un-install SP2 and then try to install Exchnage SP2? Any other suggestions would be helpful. On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 ...

Version 10 SP 3
Does anyone know if SP 3 fixes the ach issue? I don't see it listed on the fix list. Have there been any issues with it? I have a client that needs to install it for a third party product but would not be pleased if he will have the ach issue (doesn't balance if you include more than one batch). Thanks for any help. Tracey ...

problems after installation printer hp
hi. After installation printer hp, an icon "hp" appears in front of name of disk c:\ Further, it's impossibile to open the disk with double click, but also with right click on the mouse and choosing "open". Double click opens regularly inside files. Where is the bug? Thank you in advance Lido "Lido Macchioni Montini" <bymacc@tin.it> wrote in message news:4c251a84$0$18660$4fafbaef@reader3.news.tin.it... > hi. > After installation printer hp, an icon "hp" appears in front of name > of disk c:\ Further, it'...