Utilities Error message

I'm in the process of setting up a test server with a copy of some of our
companies on a new server (Server 2008 and SQL 2008).  I copied the Dynamics
database as well as 1 of our company data bases.  I installed GP and then ran
the SP4 Service pack.  However, when I try to run GP Utilities I'm getting a
message that says "Other users are currently using Microsoft Dynamics GP.
You cannot update tables while anyone is using Microsoft Dynamics GP."

I've run the ClearCompanies SQL script and I've also followed the directions
in KB 932027 (DELETE DYNAMICS..ACTIVITY  DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00800 DELETE
DYNAMICS..SY00801) and there is nothing to delete.  I also reviewed the ODBC
to ensure it's pointing to the test server and not live.

Where do I go from here?  I just need to get this test server setup but I
can't do that if I can't run the GP Utilities.

As always, your help is truly appreciated.
0
elavelle (62)

Those are the only scripts needed to fix this issue out:

DELETE DYNAMICS..ACTIVITY
DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00800
DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00801
Restart the SQL Server Services to empty the locked records in temptb

Otherwise you might need to run profiler trace to check what would be the
cause of such error.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"elavelle" wrote:

> I'm in the process of setting up a test server with a copy of some of our
> companies on a new server (Server 2008 and SQL 2008).  I copied the Dynamics
> database as well as 1 of our company data bases.  I installed GP and then ran
> the SP4 Service pack.  However, when I try to run GP Utilities I'm getting a
> message that says "Other users are currently using Microsoft Dynamics GP.
> You cannot update tables while anyone is using Microsoft Dynamics GP."
>
> I've run the ClearCompanies SQL script and I've also followed the directions
> in KB 932027 (DELETE DYNAMICS..ACTIVITY  DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00800 DELETE
> DYNAMICS..SY00801) and there is nothing to delete.  I also reviewed the ODBC
> to ensure it's pointing to the test server and not live.
>
> Where do I go from here?  I just need to get this test server setup but I
> can't do that if I can't run the GP Utilities.
>
> As always, your help is truly appreciated.
It was actually nothing to do with the SQL database.  The test server we are
setting up is a 64bit environment.  However, I hadn't setup the 32bit ODBC.
I hate it when the problem ends up being something stupid that I've
overlooked.  Hope this info helps future users avoid my same mistake.

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> Those are the only scripts needed to fix this issue out:
>
> DELETE DYNAMICS..ACTIVITY
> DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00800
> DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00801
> Restart the SQL Server Services to empty the locked records in temptb
>
> Otherwise you might need to run profiler trace to check what would be the
> cause of such error.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "elavelle" wrote:
>
> > I'm in the process of setting up a test server with a copy of some of our
> > companies on a new server (Server 2008 and SQL 2008).  I copied the Dynamics
> > database as well as 1 of our company data bases.  I installed GP and then ran
> > the SP4 Service pack.  However, when I try to run GP Utilities I'm getting a
> > message that says "Other users are currently using Microsoft Dynamics GP.
> > You cannot update tables while anyone is using Microsoft Dynamics GP."
> >
> > I've run the ClearCompanies SQL script and I've also followed the directions
> > in KB 932027 (DELETE DYNAMICS..ACTIVITY  DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00800 DELETE
> > DYNAMICS..SY00801) and there is nothing to delete.  I also reviewed the ODBC
> > to ensure it's pointing to the test server and not live.
> >
> > Where do I go from here?  I just need to get this test server setup but I
> > can't do that if I can't run the GP Utilities.
> >
> > As always, your help is truly appreciated.
0
elavelle (62)

Redirecting error output
Hi, I am trying to redirect the error output of a command to a file or a variable. But its not working. See below when i execute the command i see only "No file(s) to resolve." in the powershell prompt. When i try to redirect the same to a file it has lot of other contents in it. PS E:\> p4 resolve -am No file(s) to resolve. PS E:\> p4 resolve -am 2> ResolveConflict.txt PS E:\> Get-Content .\ResolveConflict.txt p4.exe : No file(s) to resolve. At line:1 char:3 + p4 <<<< resolve -am 2> ResolveConflict.txt + CategoryInfo ...

error accessing the system registry

error message #9
When I try to send or receive messages in Outlook 2002, I get the following error message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Help! ...

Error when print project accounting invoices
When I print a project accounting invoice from the billing entry window, I receice the following err 'An open operation on table IV_Invoice_Format_Tax_Document_Temp failed because the path does not exist. If I reboot my PC, I can then print it. We are using a MS SQL database. What do I need to do to correct this error? I am the only workstation that gets this error. Thank you, Amy ...

Outlook 2003
I keep getting 0x8004210B ... server time out This is Outlook 2003 running on a newly installed WinXP pro machine (incl SP1a) For a while it worked just fine, then suddenly these errors keep appearing I tried my laptop (WinXP Pro + Outlook XP) on the same network connection, using the same account, but that works just fine. I'm having the same problem as that shown below - anyone with an updates on how to fix this? (hennessy@excalibureng.com) =?Utf-8?B?SGFucw==?= wrote: > *I keep getting 0x8004210B ... server time out. > This is Outlook 2003 running on a newly installed WinXP pro...

Unable to display the folder error.
I get the following message when using Outlook. If I close Outlook then reopen it, it will work until I switch icons (calendar to contacts). "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. An error occurred that prevented the file M:\Outlook\cij.pst from being saved. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications." Can anyone help me with this problem? ...

Error
When replying to an e-mail where the subject line was left blank the body of the new e-mail contains the crm error form, the stack trace within the body is: [InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.] Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Email.BuildEmailFollowupBody() +724 Microsoft.Crm.Web.Controls.EmailBody.MessageBodyPage.ConfigurePage() +672 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +20 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1499 Anyone see this before? If so what can I do to resolv...

Hyperlink Error
I am trying to link to a file on a network share. I have located the file i want and hve set it as the hyperlink (the address appears with backslashes i.e. c:\\mydocuments\main.html) but when i exit the "edit hyperlink" box and try to link to the file it gives me this error "Cannot link to the specified file". When i go to edit hyperlink to check it, the backslashes have been changed to forward slashes, i.e. c://mydocuments/main.html). Does anyone know how to stop the backslashes changing to forward slashes??? ...

I am unable to receive forwarded messages
I am unable to receive forwarded messages. I am using Outlook 2003. I have checked all my settings and can't come up with anything. who is forwarding them? Do you have a spam filter enabled? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Mess...

Outlook with Word error
I keep getting a message stating: MS Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program. I get this for sending, replying, forwarding, etc emails. I also cannot copy and paste items into the body of my emails as I get an UNSPECIFIED ERROR. My MS Word works fine...??? Please help! -- smags Click Start > Run and enter regsvr32.exe ole32.dll in the Open...

outlook 2000 error #4
I receive an error in outlook 2000 when I try to sync my PDA using active sync.The name of the error is MS09.DLL. How can I resolve this problem? John ...

No master account SID error for a deleted user
We deleted a user account from Active Diretory MMC long time ago, but we got a disabled user 'does not have a master account SID' once every day for that deleted user. We could not find that user's mailbox in all our exchange servers. Any ideas or suggestions welcome. Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9548 Date: 19/09/2006 Time: 12:36:19 AM User: N/A Computer: NM3KEX00 Description: Disabled user /O=Organization/OU=OrganizationUnit/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=Username does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to s...

Backup Utility
How do you recover the backup function in outlook if it disappears from the "File" tab. Thanks Reinstall might help http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=50663FD1-DBAD-4705-B915-E4CF683E70FE&freetext=backup&DisplayLang=en David "Zanji" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:205501c3e101$90ea31b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do you recover the backup function in outlook if it > disappears from the "File" tab. > > Thanks I have tried Reinstall a couple times without success, also gone as far as ...

Reporting Error #4
Hello. I'm trying to open up a report in crm 4.0 and I'm getting the following error: "The report cannot be displayed". I went to http://dbserver/reportserver and I can see the whole structure and access it. But, when opening the report in CRM, I get the error. Any idea what this could be? Thanks! Shams Shams - have you installed the SSRS Data Connector software? Dave Ireland "Shams Soomar" <ShamsSoomar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1510D057-FDA0-4E2B-B9B1-9F012EB92A10@microsoft.com... > Hello. I'm trying to open up a ...

Extended services error
Is it possible to suppress the error message, "Your extended services will expire in 15 days . . . "? Thanks, in advance, for the recommendation. Dan Johnson Wait for 15 days. The message will go away along with your online services. -- Peace, BobJ "Dan Johnson" <d_johnso@comporium.net> wrote in message news:un0Yb2SyKHA.5292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to suppress the error message, "Your extended services will > expire in 15 days . . . "? > > Thanks, in advance, for the recommendation. > > Dan Johnso...

IMS Extension Message Journaling
I have followed KB Article 262122 for IMS Extension Message Journaling but it doesn't seem to work. I don't get any messages in the journal mailbox. Any suggestions? Thanks Andy Laight ...

GPMC error
I needed to create a GPO so that every PC would have the same website as a site under Local Intranet. The site is our SharePoint site. I'm going to set it as the default home page, and I don't want users to get prompted for their login credentials when this site comes up. If I add it to Local Intranet for IE settings, it won't prompt them for their login credentials. I created the GPO under User Configuration>Windows Settings>Internet Explorer Maintenance>Security>Security Zones and Content Ratings. It works correctly. But once I've put that in t...

Insert Into error
Hello, I'm just learning Access programming and I wrote a database for our office. It works fine except for one combo box on one of the forms. The combo box DOES work on my home PC which is where I worked on this one form. But it DOESN'T work when I install the form in the database at my office! At work the database resides on our server and at home it's just on my PC. I've been working on this for two weeks and can't figure out the problem. Would appreciate any help. There isn't an error message but the program opens up the VBA procedure and it&...

Automatic send out message via outlook
Dear. When I use internal dev system send out message via Citrix outlook XP, the screen are prompted that "An application is trying to access the address book. Do you want to do this". A progress bar follows and after it times out the "ok" button is enabled. A combo box prompts users to "allow access for" 1-10 minutes. I am in a large corp and have many users. This causes much confusion. Is their any way to disable the prompting. Please advice. Thanks Jackie Wong No, there is no method to disable this feature. You might want to take a look at the following l...

outlook express MSVCR70.dll error #2
I am continually getting an error message "XI has caused an error in MSVCR70.dll". After I receive this error message, when Outlook Express tries to connect (send/receive mail) and download my email from the server, it can't connect and I can't send or receive mail. Rebooting the computer corrects the problem temporarily until I again receive the error message. Bob <bkkadel@buckswebsolutions.com> wrote: > I am continually getting an error message "XI has caused > an error in MSVCR70.dll". After I receive this error > message, when Outlook E...

copy utility
Hi The copy/paste function in windows explorer is not good enough. If it cannot read one file during the copy process, explorer just give error message and skip all remaining files. Then I have no idea how may files have been copied unless to compare. It is painful when I copy huge amount of files. Is there any utility can solve this problem? "wu" <fqwu2003@126.com.discuss> wrote in message news:#cKaZQy4KHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > The copy/paste function in windows explorer is not good enough. If it > cannot read one file d...

error read only in excel
Hello, I am getting an error: spreadsheet.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be a read only, or you may be trying to access a read only location. Or, the server the document is stored on, may not be responding I have tried the following 1. copied the file from the server it was on, onto my deskto 2. copied the file to another server driv 3. convert to a cs 4. import and/or link in Acces 5. open as a read only I get the same error with everything I try. Is there something that I am missing? or, is this file corrupt? Is it possible that there is a master document that this one is linked to t...

OWA error
Hi All, Please help we have 2 servers as same problem of OWA, our OWA always root.asp unexpected error. We have tried to "regsvr32 asp.dll" and then reboot server, but the problem still can't solve. Our 2 Server Config is: Window NT 4.0 SP6a & Exchange 5.5 SP4 , Window 2000 Server SP3 and Exchange 5.5 SP4 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312434&Product=ech Thank you very much. Have you applied the Exchange post SP4 fixes that apply to OWA ? Would also suggest applying W2000 SP4 and critical updates of course. >-----Original Message----- &...

signed message looks encrypted
I send out signed messages and when they are recieved by the individual, the icon changes to encrypted. ...

CRM Server Installation Error!!!
Hello, I had installed CRM Server(Demo Version from Action Pack) in a pc which has Windows 2000 Server. Active Directory, Exchange Server are in another Server(PDC) which has windows 2000 Server OS. There is a problem since i have uninstalled CRM Server, CRM Databases and Active Directory objects because of a problem during previous installation. When i try installing again CRM Server the following msg is displayed : "Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to determine your account name". Also i have the following log file: [15:45:35] ===========> ...