Using Two Company Name / Addresses in GP 9.0

We have our parent company set up as the main name in GP but want to use a
dba name on Quotes/Orders/Invoices in SOP. Is there any easy way to do this?
I had been working with a consultant who said we need to modify the report
and hard code the information in. So I set up the system to use the "other"
forms. I have done all the modifying several times and set up security to use
the report. After saving everything and exiting GP - I come back in and it
can't find the report. I think the problem has to do with our Citrix
environment and what report dictionary it is looking at - but I'm not sure.

I just wanted to see if there was an easier way - as in setting up an
alternative company address and finding a way to default the
quotes/orders/invoices to use that ID instead?

Thanks,

Lorrie

0
LorrieH (5)

Lorrie,

Why not use the User Defined 1 field in the Company Setup window (Microsoft
Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > Company > Company) to capture the DBA
information, then drag this field to your modified reports instead of
hardcoding onto the report.

As for the Citrix problem with the reports dictionary, open your MS Dynamics
GP installation folder on the Citrix server and take a look at the path line
for the  Reports.dic file in your DYNAMICS.SET file. Make sure is the same
path where the actual physical file is located.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"LorrieH" wrote:

> We have our parent company set up as the main name in GP but want to use a
> dba name on Quotes/Orders/Invoices in SOP. Is there any easy way to do this?
> I had been working with a consultant who said we need to modify the report
> and hard code the information in. So I set up the system to use the "other"
> forms. I have done all the modifying several times and set up security to use
> the report. After saving everything and exiting GP - I come back in and it
> can't find the report. I think the problem has to do with our Citrix
> environment and what report dictionary it is looking at - but I'm not sure.
>
> I just wanted to see if there was an easier way - as in setting up an
> alternative company address and finding a way to default the
> quotes/orders/invoices to use that ID instead?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lorrie

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Public Folders and Display of Mail Addresses
Hi, Ex 2003 SP1. I have created a public folder holding all the corporate contacts. I want to allow users to select the contacts email address when sending a message, however, on selecting the public folder from Select Names/Show Names from/Public Folders after clicking To: no external contacts are displayed. I know that if you right click the PF and select this folder as an Outlook Email Address book the the names are then displayed in the selection dialogue box after clicking on the PF. Surely there is a way to do this globally, to avoid all users in the organisation having to configure...

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0
Hello All, I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there any way we can import XML file having schema into database? Neo Hello Neo, N> I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there N> any way we can import XML file having schema into database? What exactly are you trying to do? e.g., load XML into an XML typed column or load XML into one or more tables? Do you already have a schema? Note: Adding to m.p.ss.xml for easier tracking. Thanks! Kent Tegels DevelopMentor http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/ Yes, I have schema. I have also c...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

E-mail Name
I am using Outlook 2000. When I press To: on a new e- mail, the names for my contacts are first last. I would like them to be last, first. I tried going into the Tools, options, contact options, name and filing options but it didn't work. Help! Find the properties of your Outlook Address Book service (method depends on mode in which OL2k is installed - this can be found in help | about) and you should be able to set the display defaults as "file as" rather than the inane "first last". Lisa wrote: > I am using Outlook 2000. When I press To: on a new e- > ...

Include two different page orientations into one document
I have publisher 2000 and I need to include 2 different documents with 2 differnt page orientations (portrait and landscape) into one document. Please help! Rotate the text and images on one page 90�. Or, create two files. -- Don Vancouver, USA "forest3girl" <forest3girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DADE117-0B7B-4ADF-B4FF-196CC4639ACC@microsoft.com... > I have publisher 2000 and I need to include 2 different documents with 2 > differnt page orientations (portrait and landscape) into one document. > > Please help! ...

Problems with accessing Reports in CRM 3.0

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

In Excel, how do I insert User Name (author) in a cell.
The function =CELL("filename",A1) returns a file name and sheet name in a cell. How can I obtain the User Name? You can write some VBA to do it. Sub Return_UserName() Sheets("sheet1").Range("A2").Value = Application.UserName End Sub -- Excel_Geek ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26423 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398347 And to return just the filename (if you like) you can use this for...

Display As = File as & (address in parens)
I just moved all my contacts into a new .pst file (I'm using OL 2003) and something changed. I USED TO have "Display As" show only the person's name, and not the person's name PLUS the email address in parens as the default does. In other words, default would show "JOHN SMITH (johnsmith@aol.com)". But when I created all those entries, I changed them to show only "JOHN SMITH". In my new file, Outlook has changed all my "Display As" entries to the default: name AND email address. It's not how I want it, so I'm hoping there'...

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Collecting Range Name values to VBA
I have a worksheet "Setup" where users type in a date in a cell named "ChtDte" and a path and database name in a cell named "FLName". I am using DOA to connect to a database and return a record set. The query used "qryCOCostwRates" uses a date paramater. Because this sheet will be used by several users all pointing to the database in different locations, I need to know where they have the database. I need to get the values in these two range names in the setup tab of the spreadsheet so I can connect to the data, and provide a value for ...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

help with cell referencing in named ranges
I have a named range covering about 30 columns of data. I'd like to lookup within the named range based on values in the 1st column, and a specific date which is the label on top of each of the other 29 columns. I have typed in a new column number as necessary, but I'd like to automate the column number by looking at a separate cell which gives the date. Ex: Dates across the top of the named range are 1/1/90, 1/1/91, etc thru 1/1/2003(in sheet1). Lets say I have a cell in sheet2(d1)that has the date 1/1/2003. In that same sheet starting in cell a1 I have a value which ...

How to use interfaces