Using SQL Server Reporting Services for Form-Type Reports

I'm wondering if I'm missing something with SSRS. Creating a report to print
a single invoice or work order or purchase order is easy. However, creating a
report to print a range of items, like invoices, seems to require an
inordinate amount of work. From what I see, you have to do everything inside
a table in the body of the report.

Is this right?
--
Charles Allen, MVP

0
callen (2505)

I think you could use a sub-report to that.
--
Tim Foster

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> I'm wondering if I'm missing something with SSRS. Creating a report to print
> a single invoice or work order or purchase order is easy. However, creating a
> report to print a range of items, like invoices, seems to require an
> inordinate amount of work. From what I see, you have to do everything inside
> a table in the body of the report.
>
> Is this right?
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP

0
tfoster (136)

Z Report Customer Count vs Hourly Sales
My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of 384. Why the difference? This happens all the time. Thanks Your glass is: Half-Empty : Do folks at register forget to ask "Is there anything else I can help you with?" Half-Full: Your impulse items at POS are working -- better late than never! sammy wrote: > My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of > 384. Why the difference? This happens all the time. > Thanks -- ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Locally-Owned B...

Windows server 2000 strange crash
Hi, i have a strange problem in my network, 1 dc 2000 server which is also dhcp server and dns server ,and 1 member server 2003 acting as fileserver. When rebooting the dc, it will work properly. Running dcdiag and netdiag will not show any problems, all tests passing, no errors, no warnings. But after 14 hours (at night when nobodys working), the DC simple stops findind himself...running netdiag gives dc_list and ldap errors, dcdiag wont even run, gives just an error 31 with ldap. After this, i get replication errors, problems with connectivity, leading to server stop responding...

How to handle value-added services by third party vendors?
We're stumped on how to handle the following (i.e., issuing POs and accounting for the costs properly): 1. We normally stock & sell ItemA as individual units. 2. It was decided to bundle 3 ItemA's into one package & sell as ItemA-3. 3. We are going to purchase the ItemA's from VendorA, but have them drop shipped to VendorB to shrink wrap them in bundles of 3 for us. VendorB will then ship the shrink-wrapped bundles to our warehouse. We've come up with a plan for dealing with this, but it's very cumbersome. In a perfect GP world, how would one deal with this? T...

Postal Bar Coding & Using Outlook Address Book in Publisher
I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find any help in Publisher for this feature. I'd also like to find a way to use my Outlook Address book in Publisher - can anyone help me. Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Sharon Fermer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find > any help in Publisher for this feature. Read www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm > I'd also like to find a way > to use my Outlook Address bo...

#VALUE! when using defined name
HELP!!! Problem: receive #VALUE! Using a defined NAME range In workbook MonthlyBudget09Mstr.xlsx are sheets 1209Sch and 1209 1209Sch contains all monthly entries, 1209 is the summary sheet. Defined name: HousingItems, ='1209Sch'!$L$83:$L$88, Values: {"1";"2";"3";"4";"5";"15"} Workbook <<from Name Manager L88 is a SUM function but I have remove L88 from range and still have problem Placing =HousingItems in cell B4 of sheet 1209 results in #VALUE! Error B4:B9 are empty Can copy and then paste 1209Sch L8...

Outlook forms #4
I have a series of related forms. The replies are associated in the actions menu but when they are published to a public folder the reply will not open initially. They are hidden so users cannot open them first to load them. My agency is one of many on the exchange server so I cannot use the organizational library. I thought about sending them to all our users as an .oft file so they can publish them to their personal library but not all users would be able to accomplish this with their technical knowledge. Any ideas on how to make them available to 475 users? ...

Mid Month Report
I am trying to produce my financial statements mid-month to allow myself to have a head start on how my company is performing up to that point in the month. As we are a little behind on our books sometimes, I usually want to review data up to the 15th of the month, but I wont have a chance to review the data until approx the 20th. Is there a way to specify the exact date you want to review data for in FRx? Or at least a way for me to review the data desired as per the situation described? Thanks Adam In the column layout you can enter date ranges on your financial co...

Execute SQL dts package from Great Plains shortcut
How do create a Great Plains external shortcut to execute a SQL Server dts package? VG You can do this using by using the DTSRun utility in a .bat file and calling that from the shortcut bar. You would need to install SQL Client Tools or the DTSRun utility separately on the client workstation to do so. Google DTSRun or check out these links to help get you started: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/coprompt/cp_dtsrun_95kp.asp http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?301 Lookup DTSRun on Yahoo or Google. It will fire a DTS package from a command line. Then cr...

block owa on Back-end server?
Hi, I have setup a Front-End server with Exchange server 2003 and OWA works fun. Now i want to block OWA on the Back-End server (Exchange 2003). That means I just want our users log onto OWA with Front-End server IP address ( Http://front-end ip/exchange)and do not want users log onto the OWA with the Back-End server IP address (Http://Back-end ip/exchange). Could you tell me how to do it? Any idea or info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Mike You could do this by limiting what identities the Default Web Site(or whatever web site OWA is under), on the back-end server, will answer for....

Mailboxes in Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server
I have implemented a policy to limit the mailbox size to 30000 K and implemented a 21 day Age Limit. However, 21 days has passed and the 30000 K limit has passed on more than 50% of our mailboxes. How can we enforce this policy to work properly and clean out the mailboxes to bring this down to 30 K. The policy I have created is running and reporting is enabled.It is configured for report only, but I would like this to change to "Move to deleted items folder". However, since nothing seems to happen as of yet...I am hesitant to make the change until I can see a change and tha...

Using Powerpoint 2007
PPS files on webpage open as PPT using PowerPoint 2007. Don't have this same issue when opening the same link from an Office 2003 computer, they run the show only. -- Miroshak ...

Transfer form data
In access 2000, how do I transfer form data to MS Word?. I would like to use something like transferSpreadsheet which I use often to transfer data to Excel. I would prefer not to create an Access report and then use "Publish with MS Word". This method does NOT faithfully reproduce the report. Thanks -- Shell "Shell" wrote: > In access 2000, how do I transfer form data to MS Word?. I would like to use > something like transferSpreadsheet which I use often to transfer data to > Excel. > > I would prefer not to create an Access report and then us...

Page Orientation for multipage report
I am working on an application in where i have a 2-page report that requires the front page to be landscape and the back page to be portrait. Is there anyway to perform this task? I want to be able to print it two sided. I may be able to try a solution that will allow me to create the back page in landscape provided that When i print it it appears to be Portrait. The back page contains many label and one section with text boxes populated by remarks entries. If there is a way to rotate the dynamic portion of the report, I think I can rotate the labels and try that. Or is there a wa...

Use of Option Buttons
I have a main form where I display a record and associated fields. One of the fields is called 'source'. Currently, the source is linked to a one-to-one source table. No problem with this setup. However, I want to be able to assign and display multiple 'sources' for each main record. This ends up being a many-to-many relationship and, therefore, I have created the following tables (not all fields are listed). Program Table Prog_ID Program_Name Link Table Prog_ID Source_ID Source Table Source_ID Source_Name I want to display on the main form 'buttons' indicating ...

How to use OpenArgs
Hi all, a pop-up form is opened from a subform with this code: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim strCustomerName As String Dim strBuildingNo As Long If IsNull(OpenArgs) = False Then Dim arrArgs() As String arrArgs = Split(Me.OpenArgs, "~") strCustomerName = arrArgs(0) strBuildingNo = arrArgs(1) End If End Sub It is working good and my array, arrArgs, is populating strCustomerName and strBuildingNo perfectly. If a new record is needed I use the following: Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) '...

Learning SQL
Can anyone recommend any good reference books to help me learn SQL. My needs are only as it relates to Access. Any help greatly appreciated. Jason SQL Queries for Mere Mortals by Hernandez and Viescas: http://www.amazon.com/SQL-Queries-Mere-Mortals-Hands/dp/0201433362/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-7818383-4346230?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1177897812&sr=8-1 Here's a free tutorial: http://www.sqlcourse.com/intro.html Here's a really basic intro to subqueries: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access us...

Using (1), (2), (3), etc. in Risks and Issues Category values?
Do most of you use numbers, like (1), (2), (3), to define Category values for Risks and Issues to keep it "the same" as the out-of-the- box values for Status? Just curious. Thanks Andy Novak UNT Andy, I have used both with numbers and without for projects, based on the clients maturity. I would suggest if you want to make it as easy as possible to differentiate between the different risk and issues categories, put the number in, it makes it much easier to see. Alex. On Feb 20, 8:48=A0am, "ano...@unt.edu" <ano...@unt.edu> wrote: > Do most of y...

Using eseutil.exe
What is the best way to determine, if my store need to be defragged with eseutil. We have been running W2K3 Exch for about 7 months, we have removed a lot of information from the store (by forcing users to clean up their sent items and deleted items folders) yet the store remains so large the backup will not fit on 1 40GB tape. Is this an indication that I should use the utility? If the online defragmentation runs as part of the online maintenance that should run every evening then you may be able to tell from this, have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;...

ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? #2
I need to fine out how to save a hml workbook onto my website do I need to use ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? Kosta ...

SQL Server 2005 Express Edition license
Hi We are using SQL Server Express Edition in one ASP .NET web application which will go live and accessed by users situated at different locations. Number of concurrent users and database size of the application is well within the specified limit of SQL Express server. I am concerned about the licensing cost of SQL Server. I understand Express edition is free. Wanted to confirm that use of SQL Server Express edition will be free? Thank you Shailesh Shailesh Yes , it is free and I hope it will "Shailesh" <Shailesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

SMTP on MS EXCHANGE 2000 Server
I have an exchange server set up in our environment but the clients have been set up as pop clients and not as exchange clients. I wont go into the details as to why we have gone for that. The question is that when a client sets its pop server as "abc.mail.com" it receives mails so thats fine but when it writes "abc.mail.com" in SMTP it doesnt send and gives an error as NO TRANSPORT SERVER AVAILABLE. At the moment the clients are using the ISP's SMTP. SMTP connector has been created on mail server and if a client is setup as an EXCHANGE client then there are no issues,...

IIS & Exchange: 2 x SMTP server?
Hi, We have IIS and Exchange running on IIS. The server was accepting incoming SMTP but the message were not stored in Exchange, also some configured domains were not accepted. In IIS and Exchange there is a configuration for SMTP and we suspected that the IIS SMTP got the incoming calls and handled it. We changed the port number of SMTP in Exchange to 8025 and as we thought a telnet session to 25 accepted mails (but not stored in Exchange), when connected to port 8025 mail was stored exchange and other domains were accepted. We tried to stop the smtp server in IIS but at every restart the...

Exchange 2000 - Additional Server
Hi We have 2 sites, connected via a 256k leased line, separated into 2 subnets. On the site with the Internet gateway, we have an Exchange server 2000, which currently all clients at both sites connect to via Outlook 2000. We have approx 25 users at each site. I would like to put a second exchange server at our remote site, so that when they get attachments etc, they don't have to wait forever etc. We would then have each person's mailbox on the server that they normally use, I can get my site log on scripts to deal with which Exchange server they use. I am thinking maybe we coul...

How to install software on a terminal server/use microsoft office through RDP
My boss is asking me to figure this out, so I do not know all the configurations he is using. I can tell you its Windows server 2k3. He wants to be able to RDP to server, and work physically on the server. He also needs to have office 2003 license installed. So the greater question is "how to use ms office 2k3 through RDP on microsoft 2003 server?" -- jgosney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jgosney's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159717.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1277...

Is anyone on here with DVS Reporter???
Hi, I work at this german firm now and they use the DVS Reporter as a add-in in Excel. I have never used this before in the US. Do you kno whether there is some kind of support forum for it? Thanks, Mari -- marias ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mariasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3172 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51680 ...