using Macro to launch/run GP

I am working on setting up a batch file / macro that will execute some tasks
within GP. I followed TK 856496. I created my macro file by recording it.
I inserted the log file line. I made the batch file. But when I try to run
the batch file, I get this error:
Data dictionary memory allocation error

Looking that error up, it points to an issue with the dynamics.set file, but
GP launches fine if I launch it manually, so I think it's not really the
..set
file but rather something wrong with my macro or batch file.

The macro.log file shows this:
:C:PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/GREATP~1/Daily.mac Started 03/18/2008
07:00:40
:C:PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/GREATP~1/Daily.mac Aborted 03/18/2008
07:00:40
:C:PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/GREATP~1/Daily.mac Elapsed
0:01 Last Line 3
Error: Form not found in dictionary.
Last Line: 3
Line: CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default' form Login window Login
Location: dictionary 'DEX.DIC' form [Not Found] window [Not Found]
field [Not Found]

It appears that it gets to line 3 of the macro and bombs there. Here are
the first few lines of the macro:
# DEXVERSION=DEX 8.00m079 2 2
Logging file 'macro.log'
CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default' form Login window Login
MoveTo field '(L) SQL_DataSource' item 8 # 'Dynamics'
ClickHit field '(L) SQL_DataSource' item 8 # 'Dynamics'
MoveTo field Password
MoveTo field 'User ID'

I don't see what is wrong. thanks in advance for the help.

0
SWhitten

A couple of things.  First, what are you using to launch the software and the
macro?  Here's what I use (put it all on one line).

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Dynamics.exe" "C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Dynamics.set" "c:\startup.mac"

Be sure you are using the same path for the dynamics.set file as is used
when you manually launch - do use the complete path as above.

In looking at your macro I'm assuming there is no password because there is
no TypeTo field Password command.

"SWhitten" wrote:

> I am working on setting up a batch file / macro that will execute some tasks
> within GP. I followed TK 856496. I created my macro file by recording it.
> I inserted the log file line. I made the batch file. But when I try to run
> the batch file, I get this error:
> Data dictionary memory allocation error
>
> Looking that error up, it points to an issue with the dynamics.set file, but
> GP launches fine if I launch it manually, so I think it's not really the
> ..set
> file but rather something wrong with my macro or batch file.
>
> The macro.log file shows this:
> :C:PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/GREATP~1/Daily.mac Started 03/18/2008
> 07:00:40
> :C:PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/GREATP~1/Daily.mac Aborted 03/18/2008
> 07:00:40
> :C:PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/GREATP~1/Daily.mac Elapsed
> 0:01 Last Line 3
> Error: Form not found in dictionary.
> Last Line: 3
> Line: CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default' form Login window Login
> Location: dictionary 'DEX.DIC' form [Not Found] window [Not Found]
> field [Not Found]
>
> It appears that it gets to line 3 of the macro and bombs there. Here are
> the first few lines of the macro:
> # DEXVERSION=DEX 8.00m079 2 2
> Logging file 'macro.log'
> CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default' form Login window Login
> MoveTo field '(L) SQL_DataSource' item 8 # 'Dynamics'
> ClickHit field '(L) SQL_DataSource' item 8 # 'Dynamics'
> MoveTo field Password
> MoveTo field 'User ID'
>
> I don't see what is wrong. thanks in advance for the help.

0
LeslieVail (702)
3/18/2008 11:36:01 PM
Sherry,
what version of GP are you using?
How are you trying to launch the file? - is it on the same machine?
same user?

What are the content of the batch file?

HS

"SWhitten" <swhitten@idrivellc> wrote in message
>I am working on setting up a batch file / macro that will execute some
>tasks
> within GP. I followed TK 856496. I created my macro file by recording it.
> I inserted the log file line. I made the batch file. But when I try to run
> the batch file, I get this error:
> Data dictionary memory allocation error
>
> Looking that error up, it points to an issue with the dynamics.set file,
> but
> GP launches fine if I launch it manually, so I think it's not really the
> .set
> file but rather something wrong with my macro or batch file.
>
> The macro.log file shows this:
> :C:PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/GREATP~1/Daily.mac Started 03/18/2008
> 07:00:40
> :C:PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/GREATP~1/Daily.mac Aborted 03/18/2008
> 07:00:40
> :C:PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/GREATP~1/Daily.mac Elapsed
> 0:01 Last Line 3
> Error: Form not found in dictionary.
> Last Line: 3
> Line: CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default' form Login window Login
> Location: dictionary 'DEX.DIC' form [Not Found] window [Not Found]
> field [Not Found]
>
> It appears that it gets to line 3 of the macro and bombs there. Here are
> the first few lines of the macro:
> # DEXVERSION=DEX 8.00m079 2 2
> Logging file 'macro.log'
> CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default' form Login window Login
> MoveTo field '(L) SQL_DataSource' item 8 # 'Dynamics'
> ClickHit field '(L) SQL_DataSource' item 8 # 'Dynamics'
> MoveTo field Password
> MoveTo field 'User ID'
>
> I don't see what is wrong. thanks in advance for the help.

0
HSalim (1270)
3/19/2008 12:21:26 AM
Thanks to all who responded.  I resolved this. The issue is that the TK
856496 instruction for what should
be in the batch file doesn't work. It says:

Paste the following line into the .bat file.

dynamics dynamics.set XXX.mac cd c:\Great Plains installation path dynamics
dynamics.set XXX.mac

Note Replace XXX.mac with the name of the macro file that you assigned in
Step 1b. Replace Great Plains installation path with the installation path
of
Microsoft Dynamics GP on this computer. For example, type the following
path:
Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP

The batch file that runs actually looks like this:

dynamics dynamics.set test.mac cd c:\Program Files\Microsoft Busibess
Solutions\Great Plains\

It doesn't have the dynamics dynamics.set XXX.mac part at the end.

Once I took the extra part out of the batch file, everything ran fine.

Thanks again!

"HSalim[MVP]" <hsalim@msn.com> wrote in message
> Sherry,
> what version of GP are you using?
> How are you trying to launch the file? - is it on the same machine?
> same user?
>
> What are the content of the batch file?
>
> HS
>

> "SWhitten" <swhitten@idrivellc> wrote in message
>>I am working on setting up a batch file / macro that will execute some
>>tasks
>> within GP. I followed TK 856496. I created my macro file by recording it.
>> I inserted the log file line. I made the batch file. But when I try to
>> run
>> the batch file, I get this error:
>> Data dictionary memory allocation error
>>
>> Looking that error up, it points to an issue with the dynamics.set file,
>> but
>> GP launches fine if I launch it manually, so I think it's not really the
>> .set
>> file but rather something wrong with my macro or batch file.
>>
>> The macro.log file shows this:
>> :C:PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/GREATP~1/Daily.mac Started 03/18/2008
>> 07:00:40
>> :C:PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/GREATP~1/Daily.mac Aborted 03/18/2008
>> 07:00:40
>> :C:PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/GREATP~1/Daily.mac Elapsed
>> 0:01 Last Line 3
>> Error: Form not found in dictionary.
>> Last Line: 3
>> Line: CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default' form Login window Login
>> Location: dictionary 'DEX.DIC' form [Not Found] window [Not Found]
>> field [Not Found]
>>
>> It appears that it gets to line 3 of the macro and bombs there. Here are
>> the first few lines of the macro:
>> # DEXVERSION=DEX 8.00m079 2 2
>> Logging file 'macro.log'
>> CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default' form Login window Login
>> MoveTo field '(L) SQL_DataSource' item 8 # 'Dynamics'
>> ClickHit field '(L) SQL_DataSource' item 8 # 'Dynamics'
>> MoveTo field Password
>> MoveTo field 'User ID'
>>
>> I don't see what is wrong. thanks in advance for the help.

0
SWhitten

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

Permission for users to view/access GP 10 Business Portal
I need to know how to grant permissions for a user group to access/view/read all content of BP installed in a MOSS 2007 I created a group called "Dynamics BP User Group I" in Sharepoint web application (http://webportal - top level) All users in this group can access http://webportal OK Then I granted this group "READ - Can view only" access to BP site http://webportal/BP They got "an unexpected error occured" in return. Where else do I have to look into to give them the proper access? Thanks Bill ...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Using resources, how to ?

scatter plots using pivot table data

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces

Demo GP 2010 & BP 5.0 Server
Hi, I am setting up a demo GP 2010 & BP 5.0 environment. Since the TWO data is based on 2017, when launching BP there is no data. Modifying the system date causes other components to break (Excell Drillback, etc.). Any suggestions? Thanks, Almoonir ...

What do you use Excel for?

using extended desktop mode
How can I move an Excel spreadsheet onto my second monitor. Word and Internet provide no problems, I just click & drag. Same way. You have to have the application window in a non-maximised state though, and you can then drag it from one to the other, or even size it so it spreads across the two screens completely. If I have the window maximised though, I am unable to drag it from screen to screen. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------------...

Macro help: Variables
Hi, Is there away to run a macro, where you pass in a parameter or set a field to a value contain in a text file? (I know there is a command to open a text file) I have a macro that creates a chunk file, but he build labelling (numbering) is done inside the macro and I would to have the ability to change the build labelling without editing the macro each time. ------=_NextPart_0001_AB8EC065 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason There is no way to pass a parameter to a macro. Just associate .mac files with notepad.exe and edit the build num...

How do I used the outlook?
I don't know my microsoft exchange sever so I can't put in the right user name. What should I do? Version of Outlook? Close outlook. Go to control panel, mail and delete the current profile and make a new profile - Choose the correct account type - for most people its POP3, but could be IMAP. If you need more assistance with this we need to know the version of Outlook and who your email provider is. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:daily...

Macros #15
Hi, I want the data in the excel sheet to be generated as a chart in th powerpoint using macros When you press the command button in the excel sheet the powerpoin should update the chart in the slide. :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here's some sample code from Excel 97's SAMPLE.XLS workbook. It might give you a start. Sub MS_PowerPoint() Dim ppt As Object, pres As Object 'Create a Microsoft PowerPoint session Set ppt = CreateObject("powerpoint.application") 'Copy the chart on the Chart Labels sheet Worksheets("Ch...

Chart using Macro
I have several sheets having similar data for different lanes. I have a macro which can create a graph I want with different series plotted in different forms for source data on a particular sheet. I want to be able to create a graph for the active sheet. How do I use ActiveSheet data as source data for the gaph. ...