Using Integration Manager for Purchase Orders

It's possible that this question is entirely obvious, but I can't
figure it out, so I'll apologize in advance.

I'm trying to find a way to import Purchase Orders into Great Plains
using Integration Manager and XML files.  I've setup the XML Source
Adapter to my liking, but as I look at the destination options, I only
see SQL Opt 8.0  - Purchase Order.  The way I understand it, this is
writing the info directly to tables without employing any of the Great
Plains business logic.  Why is there no Purchase Order Option under the
standard Great Plains 8.0 Adapters?  Perhaps it's just going under
another name?

Thanks for the help.

-pk

Scratch that post.  As it turns out, I don't need to do that.

Carry on.

-pk

can you explain how you figured the issue out.
"pk" <philip.kluss@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Scratch that post.  As it turns out, I don't need to do that.
>
> Carry on.
>
> -pk

0
jacktundra (359)
3/8/2006 12:16:11 AM
I'm sorry, I should have explained better.  It turned out that I don't
actually need to do what I thought I needed to do.  So I didn't
actually solve the initial problem, but for my purposes, that's OK.  I
still do not know of any solution to my original stated problem.

-pk

Actually if you can go with the SQL Opt version and it has all of the fields
that you need, you should.  It still uses GP logic, but writes it to the
tables and uses the triggers and stored procedures that it needs to.  The
normal integrations are basically just macros (that's why you have to have GP
open when you run them).  They just go to the window and key the information
in for you...that is MUCH slower.
I actually ended up inserting my PO's directly into the tables using a SQL
script.  But I integrated our sales orders using Scribe.  I only used
Integration Manager for Customers and Vendors as it was so slow for
everything else.  Also, it was missing many fields that we needed in the SQL
Opt versions.

But, you're right.  There is no standard Purchase Order entry destination on
my IM either.

"pk" wrote:

> It's possible that this question is entirely obvious, but I can't
> figure it out, so I'll apologize in advance.
>
> I'm trying to find a way to import Purchase Orders into Great Plains
> using Integration Manager and XML files.  I've setup the XML Source
> Adapter to my liking, but as I look at the destination options, I only
> see SQL Opt 8.0  - Purchase Order.  The way I understand it, this is
> writing the info directly to tables without employing any of the Great
> Plains business logic.  Why is there no Purchase Order Option under the
> standard Great Plains 8.0 Adapters?  Perhaps it's just going under
> another name?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> -pk

Mark,

I am very interested in knowing how Scribe was configured to be used with
Great Plains. Do you have a document (with screenshots) and scripts that are
used in Scribe to perform the sales order integration. Please email them at
jacktundra@hotmail.com

"Mark Davis - Revman" <MarkDavisRevman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D4FCCE55-2DF0-404D-BF8F-50ACEF258135@microsoft.com...
> Actually if you can go with the SQL Opt version and it has all of the
> fields
> that you need, you should.  It still uses GP logic, but writes it to the
> tables and uses the triggers and stored procedures that it needs to.  The
> normal integrations are basically just macros (that's why you have to have
> GP
> open when you run them).  They just go to the window and key the
> information
> in for you...that is MUCH slower.
> I actually ended up inserting my PO's directly into the tables using a SQL
> script.  But I integrated our sales orders using Scribe.  I only used
> Integration Manager for Customers and Vendors as it was so slow for
> everything else.  Also, it was missing many fields that we needed in the
> SQL
> Opt versions.
>
> But, you're right.  There is no standard Purchase Order entry destination
> on
> my IM either.
>
> "pk" wrote:
>
>> It's possible that this question is entirely obvious, but I can't
>> figure it out, so I'll apologize in advance.
>>
>> I'm trying to find a way to import Purchase Orders into Great Plains
>> using Integration Manager and XML files.  I've setup the XML Source
>> Adapter to my liking, but as I look at the destination options, I only
>> see SQL Opt 8.0  - Purchase Order.  The way I understand it, this is
>> writing the info directly to tables without employing any of the Great
>> Plains business logic.  Why is there no Purchase Order Option under the
>> standard Great Plains 8.0 Adapters?  Perhaps it's just going under
>> another name?
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>>
>> -pk

0
jacktundra (359)
3/9/2006 4:46:21 AM
I just output the sales orders to a flat text file.
Scribe comes with the integrations to most of the GP modules.  You map your
source document on the left and then you have your destination on the right.
Then you just link them together.  It works very similarly to Integation
Manager.  Only, it uses econnect and is MUCH MUCH faster than IM.
I'll send you a screenshot of the scribe integration I did for our sales
orders.

"Jack Tundra" wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I am very interested in knowing how Scribe was configured to be used with
> Great Plains. Do you have a document (with screenshots) and scripts that are
> used in Scribe to perform the sales order integration. Please email them at
> jacktundra@hotmail.com
>

> "Mark Davis - Revman" <MarkDavisRevman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:D4FCCE55-2DF0-404D-BF8F-50ACEF258135@microsoft.com...
> > Actually if you can go with the SQL Opt version and it has all of the
> > fields
> > that you need, you should.  It still uses GP logic, but writes it to the
> > tables and uses the triggers and stored procedures that it needs to.  The
> > normal integrations are basically just macros (that's why you have to have
> > GP
> > open when you run them).  They just go to the window and key the
> > information
> > in for you...that is MUCH slower.
> > I actually ended up inserting my PO's directly into the tables using a SQL
> > script.  But I integrated our sales orders using Scribe.  I only used
> > Integration Manager for Customers and Vendors as it was so slow for
> > everything else.  Also, it was missing many fields that we needed in the
> > SQL
> > Opt versions.
> >
> > But, you're right.  There is no standard Purchase Order entry destination
> > on
> > my IM either.
> >
> > "pk" wrote:
> >
> >> It's possible that this question is entirely obvious, but I can't
> >> figure it out, so I'll apologize in advance.
> >>
> >> I'm trying to find a way to import Purchase Orders into Great Plains
> >> using Integration Manager and XML files.  I've setup the XML Source
> >> Adapter to my liking, but as I look at the destination options, I only
> >> see SQL Opt 8.0  - Purchase Order.  The way I understand it, this is
> >> writing the info directly to tables without employing any of the Great
> >> Plains business logic.  Why is there no Purchase Order Option under the
> >> standard Great Plains 8.0 Adapters?  Perhaps it's just going under
> >> another name?
> >>
> >> Thanks for the help.
> >>
> >> -pk

Thank you for the doc.

So if we need to use Scribe, do we need to buy econnect too? Is Scribe sold
by Microsoft?

"Mark Davis - Revman" <MarkDavisRevman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:BE995454-09C8-42AB-AC47-0343E4E6B637@microsoft.com...
>I just output the sales orders to a flat text file.
> Scribe comes with the integrations to most of the GP modules.  You map
> your
> source document on the left and then you have your destination on the
> right.
> Then you just link them together.  It works very similarly to Integation
> Manager.  Only, it uses econnect and is MUCH MUCH faster than IM.
> I'll send you a screenshot of the scribe integration I did for our sales
> orders.
>
> "Jack Tundra" wrote:
>
>> Mark,
>>
>> I am very interested in knowing how Scribe was configured to be used with
>> Great Plains. Do you have a document (with screenshots) and scripts that
>> are
>> used in Scribe to perform the sales order integration. Please email them
>> at
>> jacktundra@hotmail.com
>>

>> "Mark Davis - Revman" <MarkDavisRevman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:D4FCCE55-2DF0-404D-BF8F-50ACEF258135@microsoft.com...
>> > Actually if you can go with the SQL Opt version and it has all of the
>> > fields
>> > that you need, you should.  It still uses GP logic, but writes it to
>> > the
>> > tables and uses the triggers and stored procedures that it needs to.
>> > The
>> > normal integrations are basically just macros (that's why you have to
>> > have
>> > GP
>> > open when you run them).  They just go to the window and key the
>> > information
>> > in for you...that is MUCH slower.
>> > I actually ended up inserting my PO's directly into the tables using a
>> > SQL
>> > script.  But I integrated our sales orders using Scribe.  I only used
>> > Integration Manager for Customers and Vendors as it was so slow for
>> > everything else.  Also, it was missing many fields that we needed in
>> > the
>> > SQL
>> > Opt versions.
>> >
>> > But, you're right.  There is no standard Purchase Order entry
>> > destination
>> > on
>> > my IM either.

0
jacktundra (359)
3/11/2006 10:14:02 PM
No, Scribe is sold direct by Scribe Software.  I believe they license the
eConnect runtime with the product.

Dwight

"Jack Tundra" <jacktundra@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for the doc.
>
> So if we need to use Scribe, do we need to buy econnect too? Is Scribe
> sold by Microsoft?
>

> "Mark Davis - Revman" <MarkDavisRevman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:BE995454-09C8-42AB-AC47-0343E4E6B637@microsoft.com...
>>I just output the sales orders to a flat text file.
>> Scribe comes with the integrations to most of the GP modules.  You map
>> your
>> source document on the left and then you have your destination on the
>> right.
>> Then you just link them together.  It works very similarly to Integation
>> Manager.  Only, it uses econnect and is MUCH MUCH faster than IM.
>> I'll send you a screenshot of the scribe integration I did for our sales
>> orders.
>>
>> "Jack Tundra" wrote:
>>
>>> Mark,
>>>
>>> I am very interested in knowing how Scribe was configured to be used
>>> with
>>> Great Plains. Do you have a document (with screenshots) and scripts that
>>> are
>>> used in Scribe to perform the sales order integration. Please email them
>>> at
>>> jacktundra@hotmail.com
>>>

>>> "Mark Davis - Revman" <MarkDavisRevman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>>> in
>>> message news:D4FCCE55-2DF0-404D-BF8F-50ACEF258135@microsoft.com...

Dwight is correct.  Scribe comes with an eConnect runtime license.  We
already had eConnect to run our WMS interfaces though, so we didn't have to
worry about it.
Your MS business partner should be able to give you pricing information on it.

"Dwight Specht" wrote:

> No, Scribe is sold direct by Scribe Software.  I believe they license the
> eConnect runtime with the product.
>
> Dwight
>
> "Jack Tundra" <jacktundra@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you for the doc.
> >
> > So if we need to use Scribe, do we need to buy econnect too? Is Scribe
> > sold by Microsoft?
> >

> > "Mark Davis - Revman" <MarkDavisRevman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:BE995454-09C8-42AB-AC47-0343E4E6B637@microsoft.com...
> >>I just output the sales orders to a flat text file.
> >> Scribe comes with the integrations to most of the GP modules.  You map
> >> your
> >> source document on the left and then you have your destination on the
> >> right.
> >> Then you just link them together.  It works very similarly to Integation
> >> Manager.  Only, it uses econnect and is MUCH MUCH faster than IM.
> >> I'll send you a screenshot of the scribe integration I did for our sales
> >> orders.

PowerPoint crashing while using Slide Library
What: I wanted a way to have many individuals owning and updating content, as well as one place to display all of the content so I decided a PowerPoint presentation built off a slide library would be an effective way to facilitate this. Whats the issue: I wanted one slide to be the overview slide showing all the content within, and links to the individual slides with the actual content. Creating these links and hitting save crashes powerpoint. (Note: I tried the same steps with a PowerPoint presentation that was not created from a slide library and it did not crash.) He...

sumif criteria using date
Hi, How to put in the criteria if I want to sum Column 'B' if month in column 'A' doesn't exceed MAR-2011 A B Aug-2010 300.00 Sep-2010 300.00 Oct-2010 300.00 Nov-2010 300.00 Dec-2010 300.00 Jan-2011 300.00 Feb-2011 2000.00 Mar-2011 400.00 Apr-2011 400.00 May-2011 400.00 Jun-2011 400.00 Jul-2011 400.00 If those values in column A are real dates: =sumif(a:a,"<"&date(2011,4,1),b:b) crapit wrote: > > Hi, > How to put in the criteria if I want to sum C...

problem while using excel
hi, exel sheet displaying page number in background in each and every cell of my sheet in background And displaying message first while opening the sheet as "margins doesn't fit can you please help me with this issue?? View > Normal -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200786 While i am using excel, when i try to copy and paste words, the program becomes very sluggish. very laggy and slow. how do i resolve this? You probably have a lot of formulae, go to TOOLS>OPTIONS>CALCULATION and change it to manual, you can then calculate the workbook by pressing F9, take a look ...

Using Rept function
I want to repeat one cells entry somewhere else in my (same) worksheet and have used the Rept function successfully. However, ifthe 1st cell (e.g. A3 is in date format like 12/12/2003, when I use the Rept A3,1 function in another cell (e.g.cell R3), it returns the date as a number (37967). What I want is for the date to be repeated exactly as is (12/12/2003 or whatever date is typed). Can anyone help please Don't use the REPT function. Just enter =A3 and apply the date format you want using Format, Cells if you do not automatically get it. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP You can't unless ...

use of contractions in Word e-mail editor
Whenever I type a contraction, such as it's, that's, can't, etc., the letter s or t appears several spaces to the right of the apostrophe rather than next to it. I've tried without success to locate anything in the grammar settings that could drive such an outcome. "Dale Pittock" <dpittock@enterprisecenter.net> wrote in message news:02fc01c356e0$70ff2be0$a601280a@phx.gbl > Whenever I type a contraction, such as it's, that's, > can't, etc., the letter s or t appears several spaces to > the right of the apostrophe rather than next to it. ...

Slow downs and Hang Ups when using Outlook
I currently have three users noticing issues when accessing thing in Outlook. All are using W98 and Outlook 2000. The first user has "slow downs" when moving from e- mails without attachments to e-mails with attachments (preview pane open). It will take 10 to 15 seconds for the message to load. The other two users are noticing severe slow downs and their system will often hang when scrolling through their Address Book. Navigating the address book is taking 15 to 20 seconds to respond or it stops all together. Also, at times when trying to send a message to several addre...

how tp print SOP Blank Options Order Form
I'M trying to print the SOP Blank Options Order Form but i keep getting the SOP Blank Order Form where am i going wrong? Besides doing a quick print? "Brenda" wrote: > I'M trying to print the SOP Blank Options Order Form but i keep getting the > SOP Blank Order Form where am i going wrong? To set your SOP default to always print the SOP Blank Options Order form as the default format, you can set this option on the Document ID setup screen for that particular document ID. -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installa...

Inventory transfer using SOP
Hi, Am planning to use SOP window for transfers (SOP TYPE ID) as a customization to accomodate consignment sales, The functionality being making extended cost zero which would ensure no distributions apart from deleting SOP10102 and passing IV adjustment with help of trigger at time of posting. Requirement being moving from Main warehouse to Customers (Consignors) site, using transfer price for printing packingslips or stock transfer slips (Extended pricing). Subsequent sale by consignors would be as per GP flow. Has any body done something similar to this, or any suggestions/ oppositions fo...

Using Word XP as editor in Outlook 2003
My Outlook 2003 will not allow me to use Word XP as my default email editor (the option is greyed out). I tried using different email formats (HTML, rich text, plain text), but the option is not available. Any suggestions? You need to keep the pair in the same Office "family" to make it work. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Dan wrote: > My Outlook 2003 will not allow me to use Word XP as my > default email editor (the option is greyed out). I tried > using different email formats (HTML, rich text, plain > text), but the option is not availabl...

Problem With HttpSendRequest : Getting 405 Error When Using Proxy
I Get Success using 1) PreConfig Setting 2) Direct Connection to Server to Download the file, But Fails When Tried with Using Proxy. Error : Status Code 405 when using GET Error : 404 when using POST. I did Following Stuff ::InternetOpen(m_sUserAgent.GetLength() ? m_sUserAgent : AfxGetAppNa(), INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY, m_sProxyServer, NULL, 0); ::HttpSendRequest(m_hHttpFile, sHeaders.GetLength() ? sHeaders.operator LPCTSTR() : NULL,sHeaders.GetLength(), NULL, 0); if (!QueryStatusCode(m_hHttpFile, dwStatusCode)) ------------------Returns ------------------------...

Business Contact Manager and Exchange 2003
Is it possible to run BCM if you connect to Exchange via POP3, IMAP4, or HTTP? I will not be using SBS. Or will it be necessary to configure Outlook 2003 with a seperate profile just for BCM? Thanks for any help on this. -- Matt Hickman The air is so pure [in the Tricorn] that it really ought to be voted a medal by the Society for the Suppression of Evil thoughts. Robert A. Heinlein (1907 -1988) _Podkayne of Mars_ 1963 No. Yes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After...

Integration with InfoPath
I'm trying to create an integration with InfoPath that allows me to pull data from the CRM system into an InfooPath form. I found the article on MSDN on how to do this, but I can;t get the example code to work. I've created a web service using the example code but when I invoke the web method it returns the following error: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Error>System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: SOAP Server Application Faulted at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebR...

PR Integration to Payables
In the Payroll Vendor Setup window, you can select Federal Tax for the Transaction Type. I've tested this and the payables transaction that gets created is for the FICA Medicare Withheld amount only. Shouldn't the amount be for the 941 tax? ...

Customers Quotation Management (Open Bids)
I am currently using quickbooks in my company and we plan on getting GP. Quickbooks has a feature where you can generate the customers project Estimate (Quotation) and submit it to the client by creating a "job" for a specific "customer". You can then go and update the status of that "job" by selecting from a drop down menu: Awarded, Lost, In progress, Completed. And you can specify the start and completion dates, and if it is lost, you can state what the reasons were. This estimate or "quotation" is later on used as your base for budgeting and ...

Z-ordering of an SDI application with modeless CDialog
Hello, I have some modeless CDialogs in my application. My main window is a SDI application (CFormView in a CFrame) My problem is that my CDialog that are not modeless are always on top of my main window, I tried to create them with NULL as parent or CWnd::GetDesktopWindow() but it does not seem to work. I would like my CDialogs to behave like normal windows and to be displayed on top when the menu action is creating them but I need the main window to come back to the front when it is selected. What should I investigate ? Did I do a bad thing by mixing a SDI app with CDialogs? Thanks...

Using COUNTIF with MONTH in formula
Hello, I have a number of formulas where I use the COUNTIF() formula to count the number of occurences of a particular item in a range. Now I would like to use in it conjunction with the MONTH() formula and a list of dates to count the number of dates that occur in a particular month. For example, range A1:A100 contains dates and I want to know how many of the dates occur in June. Given that MONTH returns numbers 1-12, I've been trying something like this: COUNTIF(MONTH(A1:A100),6) but I can't get it to work. I've tried using the CNTL-SHIFT-ENTER to get this to work as an...

Formulas in the spreadsheet I use as a model are now incorrect.
I have a spreadsheet with formulas, columns and rows that I copy for use on a weekly basis. This week I copied the spreadsheet and the formulas are incorrect What happened? Thank you! That's nowhere near enough to go on... How did you copy it? What is incorrect about the formulae? In article <E24CAB11-20BA-4907-BB41-C57940E4B5CB@microsoft.com>, "Lollycat" <Lollycat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with formulas, columns and rows that I copy for use on a > weekly basis. This week I copied the spreadsheet and the formulas are &g...

Exchange Router / Deployment Manager
Hi, we have two diffrent issues with CRM 3.0. (But i think they belong togehter, perhaps?) 1. In Deployment Manager i can't browse the domain. (all windows are empty) But i can add users via web interface. 2. On the Exchange -> CRM E-Mail Router -> All users which i have added via Web GUI generate a "Failure" by locating the CRM Users with the Rule Deployment Wizard Thanks for your help! Have you managed to resolve this issue as we're facing the same problem. Any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks, Nick. "TN" wrote: > Hi, > &g...

How do I use dlookup in a form to find a specific field
I have a textbox with the following control source: Code: =DLookUp("[Heater Type]","Washers","[Model Number] = LabelModelNumber.caption)" So basically I am trying to look up the heater type from the washers table by the model number. On the form I have it so the user select the type of washer they want and it displays the model number on the form via a label. It appears to just be grabbing the first item in the heater type field, so "labelmodelnumber.caption" must be the problem, but I can figure out what I need to change it too. J...

Unable to connect to incoming server because mail box is in use??
I can send but not receive e-mail. Error says that Outlook could not connect to the incoming mail server because your mailbox on the server was in use. Is this a anti-spyware or anti-virus software caused problem? I've tried to temporarily disable those programs to no avail. are you logged into the mailbox using another computer or email client? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipsti...

Can Outlook 2003 be used with the old 2002 interface?
I really don't like the new interface for Outlook 2003. I guess if I used it enough I'd learn to like it, but I have about 100 users that I'd have to show how to use it. If I could use a "classic Outlook interface" like the way Windows XP Professional allows a "classic Windows Start Menu", that would be great. You know the old saying about teaching an old dog new tricks. Some people have a real hard time learning new interfaces. We've been using the same type of Outlook setup since Outlook 97 with some small changes. These new changes for Outl...

Cannot open excel 2003 spreadsheet using excel 2007
Please Help!!! I have created some spreadsheets using excel 2003 but I cannot open them in 2007. Yes, the spreadsheets have formulas, calculations, links and some charts too (the size of the spreadsheet is about 58,569 KG). I have tried everything and nothing works. When the spreadsheet does open it is all missed up and missing formulas, calculations and all of the formatting. Does the size of the files have anything to do with me not able to open them? Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466...

Condition-clause in XSLT using .Net System.Xml
Hi. I'm trying to execute a simple <xsl:if>-clause with a condition that reads: a<1 In MSXML 4 the clause <xsl:if test="a &lt; 1">do something...</xsl:if> works fine. But in .Net Xml it just doesn't work. I can't use the real character (<) because the XSLT wont be a valid XML. And if I use the encoded representation (&lt;) it wont compute at all. Anybody got a clue what to do??? // Magus - Il Dottore Magus wrote: > I'm trying to execute a simple <xsl:if>-clause with a > condition that reads: a<1 > In MSXML ...

Reconcile using PSTL
We recently used the PSTL Reconcile instead of the normal inventory reconcile. Normally the inventory reconcile will create a report with the item, description, and site as well as what changes were made to the inventory quantities. Using the PSTL version all that comes up on the report are item numbers. We don't know what quanties were adjusted and for what site. Is this normal or is something wrong. I just looked at the report in Report Writer. There are 'old amount' 'new amount' fileds in the table so I suppose you could drag them out onto the report. The ...

In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash.
In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash. i want to use a horizontal line. You can do this with an EQ \f field. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "adcodingmaster" <adcodingmaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9269E403-DE1E-4BCF-A523-89041E2D9CDB@microsoft.com... > In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash. i want > to > use a horizontal line. > ...