User IDs should not be case sensitive in Dynamics GP

Making User ID's case sensitive is contradictory with the User IDs/User
Logins for the operating system - Windows.  This new, undocumented feature in
R9.0 is already causing confusion especially if a combination of upper and
lower case (ie 'Mary' not 'mary' or 'MARY') is used for professional results
on reports.   With R8, users had enough trouble remembering their IDs now
they have to be case specific.  This is one feature that does not increase
productivity nor security.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e745937a-bbf0-44e1-8cf5-3076eb44aae3&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Group (10)

Microsoft GP -change the default sort on vendor lookups
On any vendor lookup, the default sort is by vendor number. No one knows the vendor numbers, so you have to change the sort to vendor name. So either change the default or give the option to the users to set their personal default sort. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

New to User Forms

Project-based Purchase Receipt Return in GP 9
A user entered a purchase receipt for a non-inventory item against a project and posted it. The receipt has not been billed and never will be so that's not an issue. If the receipt has not been invoiced, should she simply enter a Return transaction? If the receipt has been invoiced but we just want to get rid of the cost from the project, what is the best way to handle this? -- Charles Allen, MVP ...

Event id 4000 SMTP relay DNS
I have exchange 2003 SP1 front / backend configuration,on server 2003 Ent servers all mail is forwarded to a dedicated SMTP server 2003 IIS 6.0 GFI mail security 8.0 GFI mail essentials 11 I am receiving : Message delivery to the remote domain 'ramdom-domain.com' failed for the following reason: Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS. Delivery is made via a smarthost provided by my ISP ( Demon ) Attempt direct delivery before sending to smarthost is enabled as is perform reverse DNS lookup on incoming messages IP config points to my local DCs with forwarders to Demon&...

Users Shared Folders

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

Dynamics RMS POS Offline Transactions not syncing
Hi Our server went down a while back forcing our POS PCs to work offline. This was fine but when the server came back online and they were restarted they failed to synchronise with the Store database. They still haven't and its been a while since that happened I tried to change the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> MICROSOFT -> RETAIL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM -> STORE OPERATIONS -> POSUser -> TerminalOffline entry in the registry to true on one of the machines. When I restarted POS it apparently synchronised and the entries disappeared from the offline database, but no...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Payroll GP 10.0

System Event log warning
I cannot find any information out on these warnings/errors. This server is running Windows 2003/Exchange 2003. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Sounds like a DNS issue. Ensure that you server is pointed to only internal DNS servers on the properties of your TCP/IP settings and that all of your records look correct from your DNS manager. -- Hope that helps. ------------------------- Jaclynn Hiranaka Enterprise Messaging Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. � 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. "Sabo, Eric&qu...

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Manager grayed out on user setup

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

How to Auto Reference Worksheet Tab ID's in Formulas?
In my workbook (2003) used to track disaster costs, I have some 60 different worksheets. On the Summary page, the cells pull data from the individual worksheets. On the Summary page, there are some 60 rows. Each row pulls data from a different worksheet; from the same relative cells, just on different sheets. On the Summary page, the first column is text that identifies which tab (worksheet) that row's data is from. My difficulty is having to manually change the formulas in each cell, in every row, so that it pulls the data from the appropriate worksheet. There'...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...

Retrieve The ID of the newly inserted Record
When using SQL Server I add SELECT @@IDENTITY at the end of the insert query, what can I do in Access Thank you, Samuel In Access 2000 or later, you can do this: Function ShowIdentity() As Variant Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set db = DBEngine(0)(0) db.Execute "INSERT INTO MyTable ( MyField ) SELECT 'nuffin' AS Expr1;" Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT @@IDENTITY AS LastID;") ShowIdentity = rs!LastID rs.Close Set rs = Nothing Set db = Nothing End Function In any version of Access, you can OpenRecordset...