User has full access by default in one company

I am on Dynamics 10, and have 5 companies within.
For all time prior, every user was set up as an Accounting Manager within
each company.
I have created a security role to prevent users from being able to print
checks, and it works perfectly on 2/5 companies.
However on the remaining 3 I noticed that I still had complete access to
everything as my test user.
I removed ALL security roles, and STILL could access Transactions,Inquiry,
Reports and cards (and all subcategories therein).
My thinking is that there has to be an original setting / task somewhere
from which the user is inheriting permissions.
I have already run a script that shows me all the tasks and permissions
assigned to a user in Dynamics, and nothing is out of the ordinary there.
Anyone have any ideas?

Ensure the "Enable Security" is marked on the Company Setup window for each
of the companies where you have the unlimited privileges.

------
Robert

"JarridCOvations" <JarridCOvations@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:3EE36354-D33E-4E31-A169-3DC43D54A490@microsoft.com...
>I am on Dynamics 10, and have 5 companies within.
> For all time prior, every user was set up as an Accounting Manager within
> each company.
> I have created a security role to prevent users from being able to print
> checks, and it works perfectly on 2/5 companies.
> However on the remaining 3 I noticed that I still had complete access to
> everything as my test user.
> I removed ALL security roles, and STILL could access Transactions,Inquiry,
> Reports and cards (and all subcategories therein).
> My thinking is that there has to be an original setting / task somewhere
> from which the user is inheriting permissions.
> I have already run a script that shows me all the tasks and permissions
> assigned to a user in Dynamics, and nothing is out of the ordinary there.
> Anyone have any ideas?

0
Robert

Tabebed Forms in Access!!!HELP!
I am trying to design a tabbed form in Access 2007. I have my five tabs named etc....I have inserted fields onto the first tab and for the life of me cannot figure out have to get the fields from the first tabs to not show up on the other tabs!!!!! I want each tab to contain its own fields. How do I do this???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! Try cutting the controls, and pasting them back on the the correct page. Make sure that the page itself is selected before pasting the control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Heather Elbert&qu...

New to User Forms

Microsoft GP -change the default sort on vendor lookups
On any vendor lookup, the default sort is by vendor number. No one knows the vendor numbers, so you have to change the sort to vendor name. So either change the default or give the option to the users to set their personal default sort. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

QUERYING ACCESS
I have an Excel workbook that is querying an Access database, which in turn queries an Oracle database. Is there a way to have Access automatically update from Oracle when I open the Excel workbook? -- Drew Drew Certainly there would be with code, but can you not using the Oracle ODBC driver to get the data directly from Excel. It would then simply be a button press to update. If you need help with this post back -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Drew" <imageek@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

How do I turn a one-page flyer template into a 1/2 page postcard?
I have a one-page flyer template which I would like to turn into 1/2 page-sized postcard template. Is there a way to reduce, rotate, and shrink to fit the original template so that I could print it as postcards? ...

Users Shared Folders

Why my default number format changed
I am using Excel 2007. From time to time, I found the default number format changed when I open an exiting excel file. For example, originally its default format was "General", but when I open the file, found it changed to "Custom". How is it happened? How can I prevent? How can I fix it. Thanks in advance! ...

outlook 2002 on xp pro: default format style for new emails
Whenever I start a new email in Outlook, the format style is set to Paragraph, not Normal as with most, if not all, other computers. Actually a user is patched through CITRIX, piped into the citrix server, using his session's Outlook. Don't let that throw you; I'd like at least to know if there's a way to change the default. Thank you! ...

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

OWA Access stops / Outlook ok
Server is HP DL380 running Exchange 2003 SP2 and Win2k3. Up to last Thurs was running fine (as could be expected), but from thurs 23 morning we have found that Exchange is stopping the OWA service and webmail does not work. This is affecting almost all of our users as we are Mac-based and use Entourage - which is a WebDav client. It seems as though Outlook 2003 works still - checked via Parallels. I cannot find anything in the logs that is specifically about OWA/WebDav. Any suggestions for how to determine the cause please? On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:52:02 -0800, craigontour <craigonto...

How to keep Access from rearranging logical expressions iin the criteria cells ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. In my query, in lots of yes/no columns, I enter criteria. In my case expressions like (=Forms!frmCriteria!checkboxN) OR (Forms!frmCriteria!checkboxN=False) After editing in design mode and saving the query, I close the design window. The query works fine. I open it again in design mode, and ... all my logical expressions have been transformed into a logically equivalent arrangement. They spread over more cells. Everything looks very different. And I do not like to take this state as a basis for further changes. Because I feel that my way of express...

Need User Name and Password

Access 2007 runtime Error
I have created a quotes database in which i would like my end users that are all useing the 2007 runtime to be able to E-mail a report in .pdf format. The macro behind the button works fine on the developers station. but in the runtime environment I am getting an action failed: Error 2950. The send object isnt working. I get a message before the actual error code Stateing that the format in which i am attempting to output the current object is not available. I have done some digging and run into a few posts about changing the registry. But i didnt really want to have to do that to 40 pl...

How to summarize Access query data?
I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records. I would like a summary page for a given category. For example, there are 20 people and each has a number of work orders they are responsible for. Each work orders has a discrete identification number. I want two numbers per person: (1) the number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders. (The existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with the result being the "Remaining Hours.") This is...

First-chance exception . . . (NTDLL.DLL) . . . Access Violation.
What is the basic meaing of this? : First-chance exception in Room 101.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation. Steve Russell wrote: > What is the basic meaing of this? : > > First-chance exception in Room 101.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access > Violation. > > Only the developers of NTDLL.DLL know. Since you can't do anything about it you must assume it is an uninteresting event that was handled by code designed to handle it. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] > Steve Russell wrote: >> What is the basic meaing of this? : >> >> F...

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Manager grayed out on user setup

Cannot see full email address in From field
If a message is forwarded, I cannot see the email address from the original sender(s) or those CC'd. They show a displayed name. Is this a setting on my client or is it done on the sender's client? BTW, this happens on Outlook 2000 and 2003. Thanks, Francis ...

changing the default invoice templates!
Dear All I have MM 2005 Small Business. I want to edit the default templates for invoices (as I have to add my company number and VAT number to them..) I can do this, and save them within the Invoice Designer. But they don't show up in the templates list within Money! Any ideas? Also, if I export a .inv file and try and import it, it says its from a file type from before 2004 and cant be used! Any ideas would be gratefully received! Andrew Shoben http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/17.aspx for the first one. Don't know about the second. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money h...