User Activity in GP 8.0

Hey,

I am an GP administrator, and am new to GP.

My Question is:

I have a user who can not kick them self out of GP when they forget to log
out on another system.  How do I change this, so they can kick them self out,
with out asking me (Administrator) to kick them out?

thanks

Dan
0
DanDavis (8)

It is a standard feature of GP 8 that a user is able to delete his stranded
login. When the user tries to log into GP, he should get a message asking him
if he wants to see a list of users.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Dan Davis" wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I am an GP administrator, and am new to GP.
>
> My Question is:
>
> I have a user who can not kick them self out of GP when they forget to log
> out on another system.  How do I change this, so they can kick them self out,
> with out asking me (Administrator) to kick them out?
>
> thanks
>
> Dan
0
callen (2504)
7/17/2006 5:10:02 PM
Charles,

Every one in the company can kick himself out... but not this one....

Any suggestions?

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> It is a standard feature of GP 8 that a user is able to delete his stranded
> login. When the user tries to log into GP, he should get a message asking him
> if he wants to see a list of users.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Dan Davis" wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > I am an GP administrator, and am new to GP.
> >
> > My Question is:
> >
> > I have a user who can not kick them self out of GP when they forget to log
> > out on another system.  How do I change this, so they can kick them self out,
> > with out asking me (Administrator) to kick them out?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Dan
0
DanDavis (8)
7/17/2006 5:15:02 PM
Check if the username that is login is in upper case or lower case.  If the
user can type the same username (either upper case or lower case or a
combination) as long as they match and see if they can delete the his name in
there.

Gerald

"Dan Davis" wrote:

> Charles,
>
> Every one in the company can kick himself out... but not this one....
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > It is a standard feature of GP 8 that a user is able to delete his stranded
> > login. When the user tries to log into GP, he should get a message asking him
> > if he wants to see a list of users.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Dan Davis" wrote:
> >
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > I am an GP administrator, and am new to GP.
> > >
> > > My Question is:
> > >
> > > I have a user who can not kick them self out of GP when they forget to log
> > > out on another system.  How do I change this, so they can kick them self out,
> > > with out asking me (Administrator) to kick them out?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >
> > > Dan
0
Gerald (227)

New to User Forms

Microsoft GP -change the default sort on vendor lookups
On any vendor lookup, the default sort is by vendor number. No one knows the vendor numbers, so you have to change the sort to vendor name. So either change the default or give the option to the users to set their personal default sort. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

Project-based Purchase Receipt Return in GP 9
A user entered a purchase receipt for a non-inventory item against a project and posted it. The receipt has not been billed and never will be so that's not an issue. If the receipt has not been invoiced, should she simply enter a Return transaction? If the receipt has been invoiced but we just want to get rid of the cost from the project, what is the best way to handle this? -- Charles Allen, MVP ...

Users Shared Folders

CRM 3.0: System.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect.
I try to assign a CRM Case to someone else; then I am getting following error message. I know sometimes these information is not enough to get an idea about this issue. But if anyone have any solution for this please let me know. [ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect.] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMIncidentClass.Route(CUserAuth& Caller, String IncidentId, String SourceQueueId, ROUTE_TYPE_CODE RouteTypeCode, String EndPointId) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Incident.Route(String sourceQueueId, ROUTE_TYPE_CODE routeTypeCode, String endPointId) +66 Microsoft.Crm...

Users not showing up All Users

Follow on from simple question 12/8/2004
To Bob Umlas and Dave Peterson Many thanks for your help yesterday re transfering data in two long columns in to easier to view table exactly what we needed!! Cheers Ajay I know I join Bob in saying... Woohoo! Ajay wrote: > > To Bob Umlas and Dave Peterson > Many thanks for your help yesterday re transfering data in two long columns > in to easier to view table exactly what we needed!! > Cheers > Ajay -- Dave Peterson ...

user breakpoint

CRM 3.0: Report icon disappeared
Hi all, I am facing a major problem: The reports' icon for most of my users disappeared! A couple other people and myself are Admins and we can still access reports OK. The other users cannot see the report icon from the Accounts form, for example. When they access Reports under My Work, they get a blank form instead of the list of all reports. The only things I remember changing since it was last working are: - Rearranging most users in business units and changing which BU was parented by which. - I published the reports using VS2003 so now they are visible from http://crm-server/report...

IE 8 MyMSN
What's up with losing my custom page. For three days now, it shows that I'm signed in, but none of my settings are there. I'm reluctant to redo everything if this is just a temporary glitch. Anyone else having problems? TIA Joe Arnold The problem's on MSN's end, not yours. Joe wrote: > What's up with losing my custom page. For three days now, it shows that > I'm > signed in, but none of my settings are there. I'm reluctant to redo > everything if this is just a temporary glitch. Anyone else having > problems? > TIA >...

Analytical Accounting does not store beginning balance data in GP
Analytical Accounting does not store the beginning balance information in Great Plains. Therefore, it cannot be pulled into FRx. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Payroll GP 10.0

Vlookup returns "0"

Manager grayed out on user setup

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

CRM 3.0 Trial Version installation
Hello! Is it possible to reinstall trial version of CRM 3.0 after trial period expiration? I have tried to do it, but then I have writen the lisence key, I have got an error: "The trial period for MSCRM server has expired". Does some tool exist to clean registery data in computer to delete all information about previous installation? Last time I have reinstalled the whole system, I do not want to do it anymore. Thank you for your help in advance! use the regedit in startu-> Run.. There are some softwraes for registry cleaner can help you. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Pro...