User access via remote desktop

I have a situation where if I set a new user up from a local client,
they only can access GP via their local client - they get a login
error if trying to login via remote desktop.

Likewise, if I log into the server remotely and set up a new user,
they can login to GP remotely but not from their local client.

Any ideas why this would occur?

Thx,

Frank Hamelly, MCP
NOVA Solutions LLC
Melbourne, FL

0
fhamelly (399)

Do you have any profiles that would be affecting where a user is using files?
I've seen this issue where one user's profile was different than other
users'.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Frank" wrote:

> I have a situation where if I set a new user up from a local client,
> they only can access GP via their local client - they get a login
> error if trying to login via remote desktop.
>
> Likewise, if I log into the server remotely and set up a new user,
> they can login to GP remotely but not from their local client.
>
> Any ideas why this would occur?
>
> Thx,
>
> Frank Hamelly, MCP
> NOVA Solutions LLC
> Melbourne, FL

0
callen (2504)
4/29/2007 6:56:02 PM
Frank,

I think this is caused by the DSN being named differently on the different
machines.  Here is a link to the discussion:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/thread/32597579938b12d2/acd4f8c9ac39d6d4?lnk=st&q=User+Password+not+consistent+from+computer+to+server&rnum=1&hl=en#acd4f8c9ac39d6d4

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Frank" <fhamelly@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have a situation where if I set a new user up from a local client,
> they only can access GP via their local client - they get a login
> error if trying to login via remote desktop.
>
> Likewise, if I log into the server remotely and set up a new user,
> they can login to GP remotely but not from their local client.
>
> Any ideas why this would occur?
>
> Thx,
>
> Frank Hamelly, MCP
> NOVA Solutions LLC
> Melbourne, FL

0
victoria (3340)
4/30/2007 11:47:53 AM
Thanks Victoria - I'll check that out!

Frank Hamelly, MCP
NOVA Solutions LLC
Melbourne, FL

0
fhamelly (399)

New to User Forms

Tabebed Forms in Access!!!HELP!
I am trying to design a tabbed form in Access 2007. I have my five tabs named etc....I have inserted fields onto the first tab and for the life of me cannot figure out have to get the fields from the first tabs to not show up on the other tabs!!!!! I want each tab to contain its own fields. How do I do this???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! Try cutting the controls, and pasting them back on the the correct page. Make sure that the page itself is selected before pasting the control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Heather Elbert&qu...

QUERYING ACCESS
I have an Excel workbook that is querying an Access database, which in turn queries an Oracle database. Is there a way to have Access automatically update from Oracle when I open the Excel workbook? -- Drew Drew Certainly there would be with code, but can you not using the Oracle ODBC driver to get the data directly from Excel. It would then simply be a button press to update. If you need help with this post back -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Drew" <imageek@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

Users Shared Folders

VBA in Access or Outlook
I have a table containing email addresses and other data that I need to email out to each recipient in the table. Each email will contain in the body of the message only the data relative to the particular recipient. My question is which application Access or Outlook is the best one to code the module in to do this? I am using Access 2003 and Outlook 2003. Use the SendObject command in Access VBA. "Susan" wrote: > I have a table containing email addresses and other data that I need to email > out to each recipient in the table. Each email will contain in the body of ...

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

OWA Access stops / Outlook ok
Server is HP DL380 running Exchange 2003 SP2 and Win2k3. Up to last Thurs was running fine (as could be expected), but from thurs 23 morning we have found that Exchange is stopping the OWA service and webmail does not work. This is affecting almost all of our users as we are Mac-based and use Entourage - which is a WebDav client. It seems as though Outlook 2003 works still - checked via Parallels. I cannot find anything in the logs that is specifically about OWA/WebDav. Any suggestions for how to determine the cause please? On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:52:02 -0800, craigontour <craigonto...

How to keep Access from rearranging logical expressions iin the criteria cells ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. In my query, in lots of yes/no columns, I enter criteria. In my case expressions like (=Forms!frmCriteria!checkboxN) OR (Forms!frmCriteria!checkboxN=False) After editing in design mode and saving the query, I close the design window. The query works fine. I open it again in design mode, and ... all my logical expressions have been transformed into a logically equivalent arrangement. They spread over more cells. Everything looks very different. And I do not like to take this state as a basis for further changes. Because I feel that my way of express...

Need User Name and Password

Access 2007 runtime Error
I have created a quotes database in which i would like my end users that are all useing the 2007 runtime to be able to E-mail a report in .pdf format. The macro behind the button works fine on the developers station. but in the runtime environment I am getting an action failed: Error 2950. The send object isnt working. I get a message before the actual error code Stateing that the format in which i am attempting to output the current object is not available. I have done some digging and run into a few posts about changing the registry. But i didnt really want to have to do that to 40 pl...

First-chance exception . . . (NTDLL.DLL) . . . Access Violation.
What is the basic meaing of this? : First-chance exception in Room 101.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation. Steve Russell wrote: > What is the basic meaing of this? : > > First-chance exception in Room 101.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access > Violation. > > Only the developers of NTDLL.DLL know. Since you can't do anything about it you must assume it is an uninteresting event that was handled by code designed to handle it. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] > Steve Russell wrote: >> What is the basic meaing of this? : >> >> F...

How to summarize Access query data?
I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records. I would like a summary page for a given category. For example, there are 20 people and each has a number of work orders they are responsible for. Each work orders has a discrete identification number. I want two numbers per person: (1) the number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders. (The existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with the result being the "Remaining Hours.") This is...

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Access 2007
I have a table with 36 rows containing the field, FiscalYear, values, 1,2 or 3, and EndDate, containing month end values for 3 calendar years, for example, FiscalYear 1 EndDate for January is 1/31/2008, FiscalYear 2 is 1/31/2009 and FiscalYear 3 is 1/31/2010. Repeat for month end Feb - Dec for each FiscalYear. I'm trying to create a query that would return the maximum month-end for each fiscalyear. FiscalYear maxDate 1 12/31/2008 2 12/31/2009 3 12/31/2010 I've been futzing with returning unique values for fiscal year to re...

Manager grayed out on user setup

Controlled Mailbox access via EXchange server
Quick one here, apart from using the Outlook client method, is it possible on EXCHANGE SERVER 2003 to give users (not domain/ exchange administrators) read, edit & write permissions to, for example someone's else's calender without giving the usual full mailbox access rights? Abiola Sonubi wrote: > Quick one here, apart from using the Outlook client method, is it > possible on EXCHANGE SERVER 2003 to give users (not domain/ exchange > administrators) read, edit & write permissions to, for example > someone's else's calender without giving the usual full ...

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

Carrier List for Outlook Mobile Access
I am trying to find the carrier list to setup Outlook Mobile Access. Everything I have read on this says you can download it at the exchange 2003 sight but I can locate it. If anyone knows how to obtain it please email at jerry.king@woodlandstech.com. here's a supported device list...is that the same? http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange2003/section11.asp "Jerry King" <jerry.king@woodlandstech.com> wrote in message news:02a401c3be96$281e44b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to find the carrier list to setup Outlook > Mobile Access. > > Everything ...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...