Use VBA to update custom field on Collection Main screen

I've modified the Collection Management main screen by adding a field
to display the e-mail address linked to the AP address ID.  The code
to update that field fires after the user tabs away from the customer
ID field.  However, if the user wants to use the VCR buttons at the
bottom of the screen, they have to click twice to go to the next
record.  When they do that, the field doesn't update itself.

I know I am probably being dumb, but am having a huge mental block on
how to get that field to update itself when the user advances to
another record on the screen.

Any assistance is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

-Joe
0
joejoe851 (43)

Joe,

You are certainly not going crazy! What's happening is when you use the VCR
buttons to advance to the next record or move backwards to the previous
record, the event that is actually firing is the CustomerID.Changed event and
not the CustomerID.AfterUserChanged event (which is fired when you either
type in the field or use the lookup).

What you will need to do is set the focus to your email field
(EmailField.Focus) in your CustomerID.Changed event, then, put the code to
populate the Email field in the EmailField.AfterGotFocus event.

Hope this helps,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"joejoe851@gmail.com" wrote:

> I've modified the Collection Management main screen by adding a field
> to display the e-mail address linked to the AP address ID.  The code
> to update that field fires after the user tabs away from the customer
> ID field.  However, if the user wants to use the VCR buttons at the
> bottom of the screen, they have to click twice to go to the next
> record.  When they do that, the field doesn't update itself.
>
> I know I am probably being dumb, but am having a huge mental block on
> how to get that field to update itself when the user advances to
> another record on the screen.
>
> Any assistance is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
>
> -Joe

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

HELP WITH VBA
I am trying to finish writing some simple program. My problem is that when I try and change the arguement from SELECTION CHANGE to CHANGE, it doesn't work. Can someone help? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("B3").Value = 2 Then Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("F3") = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("F4").Value End Sub My second problem is that I would like my data rather than appearing in a cell, appear in a TEXT BOX. What do I do? Copying your exact same post from 3 days ago word...

VBA: move to the next cell down from anywhere in the sheet
I am deleting rows based on a value in a column (< 16) and if the valu is 16 or greater I want to move down to the next row and check tha value and so on. i am using a Do Until value = "". What is the code for moving down to the next cell below ActiveCell -- jm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jmp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2903 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48770 Activecell.Offset(1,0).Select I would not recommend this though. If you want to dele...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.2 Update
What Mac 11.3.2 update? I know nothing about such a Mac OS update. Help! The 11.3.2 update is for Office 2004, not for Mac OS X. Here's how you can get it: In Office 2004, use Microsoft AutoUpdate to get the latest updates. From any Office application, go to Help > Check for Updates (or manually launch Microsoft AutoUpdate from the Applications folder). If any updates are needed, they will display in a sheet, at which point you can check them and press the "Install" button to download and install them. Updates can also be found at the Microsoft web site: <http://www...

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Taste security update that came from the MS
--psvhmtimecjafnkn Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mkhmmgfhzxpzyiryx"; type="multipart/alternative" --mkhmmgfhzxpzyiryx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sotoaqhbsnskjyqr" --sotoaqhbsnskjyqr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to p...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Collecting Range Name values to VBA
I have a worksheet "Setup" where users type in a date in a cell named "ChtDte" and a path and database name in a cell named "FLName". I am using DOA to connect to a database and return a record set. The query used "qryCOCostwRates" uses a date paramater. Because this sheet will be used by several users all pointing to the database in different locations, I need to know where they have the database. I need to get the values in these two range names in the setup tab of the spreadsheet so I can connect to the data, and provide a value for ...

Splash Screen & Login Screen
Is there any way to modify the images on the Splash Screen, or the Login Screen to make it more branded to our company? Thanks! ...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces

What do you use Excel for?

using extended desktop mode
How can I move an Excel spreadsheet onto my second monitor. Word and Internet provide no problems, I just click & drag. Same way. You have to have the application window in a non-maximised state though, and you can then drag it from one to the other, or even size it so it spreads across the two screens completely. If I have the window maximised though, I am unable to drag it from screen to screen. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------------...