Urgent--can't create new accounts

New customer, new install, importing accounts from txt list created from old
accounting system

Import ran fine, followed proc in the knowledge base, and accounts are
created.
Run Check Links, creates the GL00105 index table, no errors, select count(*)
from GL00100 and GL00105 are the same.

But we can't create new accounts.

"Sorry, this record has been created since your last attempt to create it"

Followed the knowledge base article to correct this (delete from GL0105),
and am still getting this error, and can't create a new account.

Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated.

Here are a couple of read-only queries I would try to see where the problem
lies:

1) in SQL QA run "sp_helptrigger GL00100" and see if FRx triggers are there
in addition to the glp_ triggers

2) In SQL QA run "dbcc checkident (gl00100)".  Note the current identity
value and compare to the result of the following query:  "select top 1
dex_row_id from gl00100 order by dex_row_id desc".  In a healthy database
they should be the same number.

There are update statements to fix each of these issues but I would prefer
not to give that advice.  The queries above can't hurt.

Rich

"Jeff Metcalf" wrote:

> New customer, new install, importing accounts from txt list created from old
> accounting system
>
> Import ran fine, followed proc in the knowledge base, and accounts are
> created.
> Run Check Links, creates the GL00105 index table, no errors, select count(*)
> from GL00100 and GL00105 are the same.
>
> But we can't create new accounts.
>
> "Sorry, this record has been created since your last attempt to create it"
>
> Followed the knowledge base article to correct this (delete from GL0105),
> and am still getting this error, and can't create a new account.
>
> Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated.

Exposing Creating User's team membership
Hi, Can anyone demonstrate (or point me in the right direction) the following:- We have a number of sites, and a number of teams which map directly to the sites and have the same name as the site (eg siteA has a corresponding team called siteA). When in an opportunity, I would like to obtain the value of the creating user's team, and use this to set a value in another picklist. I am having trouble retrieving the team membership of the user that created the opportunity. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I am not even sure where to start looking at this. Thanks Fentp Hi Fen...

Cannot Create _MSCRMDistribution database when i reinstall CRM
Hi, I built a front end CRM Server, using the 5 license keys MSDN_Subscriber. Had to uninstall this and reinstall CRM as we had another 25 licenses under the name of our company. Problem is, i've reinstalled CRM and the new organization key, everything looks and works absolutely fine, however there are only three databases, the companyname_MSCRMDistribution is missing. So... Gone into Deployment Manager>Servers Manager>Configure SQL Server which is supposed to create this database? I just get an error in the event log: Source: DMSNAPIN Event ID: 0 dmLog: Failed to execute t...

Accounts Button
I have Outlook and use Word as my editor. My partner has Outlook and uses Word as her editor. For some reason, when I edit, I get an "accounts" button which allows me to switch from one email account to another. She does not, even though multiple accounts are set up. Is she doing something wrong in that she doesn't get this accounts button? Please respond by email if possible. aldewitt@sprintmail.com What versions of Outlook are you each using? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the...

How to create a stacked bar, line combination chart
I am having trouble creating a stacked bar and line combination chart. The standard excel charts offer a bar and line chart option, but does not seem to offer a stacked bar and line option. Has anyone done this type of chart? I just asked a very similar question, but didn't get any answer. However, I did figure out a way to get it to do what I wanted. 1. Start with a plain stacked bar graph and chart everything you want in that format. If you choose 2 columns for your X-labels, Excel is smart and will give you 2 levels of X-labels and will space your chart columns according to the...

Custom LDAP/OPATH query to create custom address list?
I'm going to ask this again because it seems to be a big problem going to exchange 2007. How does one create a custom LDAP query to an external server to build a custom address list? It would be nice to be able to create custom address lists built on LDAP queries to Active Directory or OpenLDAP, etc. Can this be done? Only recipients in Active Directory can appear in Address Lists. You would have to import external recipients into AD as Contacts to be able to do this. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------...

change the default opening of a form to enter a new record
How can you stop a form defaulting to record 1 when you want to type in a new record. The only way we are getting round this at the moment is to click on the icon New record. However, every time we open the form to enter another record it is always showing record 1 -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie Shazza - Set the form property Data Entry to Yes. That will default to opening the form for new records. -- Daryl S "Shazza" wrote: > How can you stop a form defaulting to record 1 when you want to type in a new > r...

How do I create a formula that lists only the last entry in a colu
-- Walter See this page Walter http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Walter" <Walter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7435D17-C9FF-403C-B54D-34349AD2E193@microsoft.com... > > -- > Walter ...

Copying matched criteria plus relevant columns to new worksheet
I want to use code in a macro to search for criteria in a worksheet which allows the matched data to be copied (along with other relevant columns) to another worksheet in the same file. Would this involve some sort of loop? Any help apreciated. Thanks in advance, Matt there are several ways to do it. if you want to copy a hundred cells for three columns every time something in row 3 is matched somehting like the following could be used. sub try() tar=1 ' target column in sheet 2 for c = 1 to 34 step 3 ' this will be the look up column in sheet 1 if sheets("Sheet1&quo...

Can't see new global distribution list
When I set up a new distribution list in Active Directory on a Windows 2000 server, the new list does not show up for several hours in the Global Address List in Outlook 2003. This was never a problem before Outlook 2003. Does anyone know of a solution? --Steve ...

CRM 1.2 Database on a server, and CRM 3.0 installed on a new server... how to move content?
Hi, does it possible to move the content from a CRM1.2 database to a new CRM 3.0 installation? I can move the accounts and some information using CSV files, but not the activities. what can I do? thanks. Jerome. ideally you would upgrade the original system to crm 3.0 as well then use a tool like scribe migrate to move data between the two systems ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Jeje" <willgart@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23NveHq1iGHA.4344@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > does it p...

Investment Account Register
In Money 2003 when I entered data into the account register for an investment account, the screen also showed the running balance of the corresponding cash account. In Money 2006 has that feature been omitted? Yes, the only way to see that information at the same time is now on the account summary page. -- "Don" <don@neverspam.com> wrote in message news:%23L7c$0pmFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In Money 2003 when I entered data into the account register for an > investment account, the screen also showed the running balance of the > corresponding cash acco...

a new Window style?
Hi, I saw an application, whose menu bar is shortened into an arrow only. To its right there are some tool buttons. If you click the arrow, the whole menu bar shows up. Is it a new window style added to VS 2005? What is it? Or maybe is it just either from a 3rd party tool or a home grown redrawing routine? Your help is appreciated. JD Can you post a screen capture of this? Or atleast tell us which application you are looking at. AliR. "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uK9rfMKnHHA.4552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I saw an...

adding new columns sheet with external data
I have a excel sheet that I import data from a external database and then i added columns to the sheet that have entries made by me. When the data refreshes if the data is no longer coming from the external it leaves the data that i entered still there. I want it to delete the whole row and leave no data at all external or internal for that line that now does not exist can this be done? ...

Automatically setting User account and exchange server
Hi All, How would I go about setting up possibly a login script that can automatically set up users account name and exchange server. I haven't really come accross what I'm after yet and was hopeing someone here would have an answer. Basically when a new user or a user with an outbox already; logs onto a different (or there first) machine that when they open outlook 2003 they have the settings for the server hosting exchange and thier user name automatically entered so that they don't need to contact us to have it sorted out. Thanks! Microsoft uses text files with a .prf exten...

Count a char filed and then show Total Urgent
Hi, I have the following fields: rep orderack Blue Y I would like to be able to count all of the orderack everytime rep = blue and then total the number of Y in orderack so firstly i want to count then sum. can this be done in the same query. based on this query i am then qoing to output the data to data access page. Thanks for your help M Hi a little more info rep orderack blue Y blue Y blue Y blue Y total 4 "mahmad" wrote: > Hi, > ...

Creating Links to Custom Views in the SItemap
Hi, I have been trying all morning to edit the site map to create links on the left nav to point to some custom views I have set up. I have different views of accounts like Current Customers, Past Customers etc and want to be able to create a link in the left nav to go straight to these views. I have tried inserting the following code in my site map but when I try to upload it MS CRM complains that it is an invalid file. It is the params that appear to be the problem as a link to www.google.com works fine. Am I trying to achieve something that is not possible or am I doing something wrong? &l...

objects created in 2002 (2000 format) not avail in 2000 boxes
I have created a new query and report in an Access 2000 database. This is the first modification since my PC was upgraded to 2002. The database is still in 2000 format (according to the banner). Other users, however, do not see the newly created query or report? (They are Access 2000) Any suggestions? TIA, tj Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. Is this database in a shared folder that multiple people can access, or did you create your own copy of the database? Maybe you are using the wrong file. Verify that the file is in 2000 forma...

Receiving Email from Two Seperate Accounts
Hi, I was able to setup two accounts using Outlook, in order to send and receive emails from two seperate accounts. I notice when it comes to sending email, Outlook gives you a pulldown to choose which account you are sending from. But, I cannot figure out how to tell Outlook which account I want to receive email from when I hit "Send/Receive". Any help? Scott Check your send/receive settings. You can configure which account to = receive mail but you probably want to receive mail from all. What is = your real reason for asking for this option? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

Can't find Account forcasting in Money 2005 Standard
One of the main features that caused me to switch to Money several years ago was the ability to forcast accounts. I have always purchased Money Standard and it has always been there. How do I get to that option in Money 2005 Standard? I have looked but the interface has drastically changed and help doesn't work (gives me a page not found). Forecast Cash Flow? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=164. "Realmryder" <Realmryder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57D13A5D-58D1-4C54-9763-EBBEEDE598E7@microsoft.com... > One of the main features that caus...

auto create a file
i have a time card in excel that i'd like to automeate a bit more. right now I have a button on the form to save to a specific file, and it names the new time card by name, date and job #. something like "brianh10/14hilton". people have been asking for copies, and it's tough for me to modify the code for the button to save to their correct path. right now mine saves to something like /mydoc's/time/billing/. Is it possible to code the button so that , if the file doesn't exist, the code can create the correct path. code is as follows: Sub Save_As_FileName(...

How do I create a dynamic chart
I have a database on sheet "D" with 1000 rows of data 79 columns wide. How do I create a single line chart on sheet "A" that graphs a single row on sheet "D" where the row number is specified in cell H1 on sheet "A" This doesn't work: =D!&ADDRESS(OFFSET(A1,H1,1,1,1),1):ADDRESS(OFFSET(A1,H1,1,1,1),78) The chart would graph out whatever D! row number is pointed to by cell A1 on sheet "A" read other posts today -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Nick Krill" <NickKrill@discussions...

Project Accounting Tables
Does anyone know where I can find a chart showing all of the PA tables, the fields contained, and perhaps their relationships to other tables---even non-PA tables? I have looked at the Standard GP SDK which is helpful for everything except PA and the PASDK which is not very thorough. Any other ideas would be extremely appreciated! Thanks! Brigitte Brigitte, You can get the table information online within Great Plains at Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables - click the three dot button - Select Product = Project Accounting and Series = Project. The PA SDK should be availa...

Workflow against System Created Object
Hello World! I have built similar workflow in the past, but this one is stumbling me! My scenario: We are using c360 Email Marketing - When a "Communication Audit" is created I need to email the "Contacts Owner". When a "User" creates a "Communication Audit" my workflow runs smoothly. But when the Audit is created by the "System" the workflow doesn't run. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in Advance Anthony On May 30, 9:29=A0am, awakin <awa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello World! > > I have built simil...

How do I create a chart title dependant on an Auto Filter
Hi, I have created a chart where the info changes depending on the autofilter results. Is there a way of having the chart title change to reflect what is in Column A of the filtered data. I cannot use a cell reference as the cell reference changes depending on the result of the filter. Hope I am making sense :-) Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated This could probably be better but it works where your title row is a2 Sub colaval() mt = Range("a3:a100").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Range("a1") ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 3").Activate Activ...

Why the default account is not always used on reply
Hello, Why the default account is not automaticaly selectionned when I reply a mail ? Regards. Because replies always use the receiving account to send. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Parabizar asked: | Hello, | | Why the default account is not automaticaly selectionned when I reply | a mail ? | | Regards. And is not possible to change that ? "Milly Staples - MVP Outlook" <millys@donteventh...