Upgrade failure release 10.0, duinstall.log

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade (on a test server) from release 9.0.362 to 10.  I've 
downloaded release 10 from the web site, things go well until I try to run 
gputilities to upgrade the db's.  Then I get the error referenced in kb 
952054, Error message when you access Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Utilities: 
"There was a problem ascertaining product version information. Microsoft 
Dynamics GP Utilities will now exit. Check DUinstall.log for more information"

duinstall.log has the line:

Failure encountered ON 7/9/2009 at 4:51:31 PM.  Error:  Product 0 does not 
support upgrading from version 9.0.362.

The old machine is running windows server 2000, sql server 2000.
The new (VMWare) machine is running windows server 2008, sql server 2008.

I've tried several times to perform the migration, general process I followed:

Backup db's, ran the sql login and jobs to script files.
Restored the db's on the new server, ran the scripts to establish the logins.
Installed gp 10.
Installed KB971015 (latest hotfix).

Attempted to run gputilities to upgrade the db's, where it fails.

I'm new to dynamics administration so I'm sure I'm missing something 
fundamental.

Can anyone help?

Thx,

Steve


0
SteveW (10)
7/10/2009 12:01:11 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 3 followers. Follow

4 Replies
827 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 17

Noticed posts regarding 2008 payroll hotfix; not sure if it was applied to 
this db, but I downloaded and installed 971016.

Installation went well, still experiencing the same error.

- S'

"SteveW" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I'm trying to upgrade (on a test server) from release 9.0.362 to 10.  I've 
> downloaded release 10 from the web site, things go well until I try to run 
> gputilities to upgrade the db's.  Then I get the error referenced in kb 
> 952054, Error message when you access Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Utilities: 
> "There was a problem ascertaining product version information. Microsoft 
> Dynamics GP Utilities will now exit. Check DUinstall.log for more information"
> 
> duinstall.log has the line:
> 
> Failure encountered ON 7/9/2009 at 4:51:31 PM.  Error:  Product 0 does not 
> support upgrading from version 9.0.362.
> 
> The old machine is running windows server 2000, sql server 2000.
> The new (VMWare) machine is running windows server 2008, sql server 2008.
> 
> I've tried several times to perform the migration, general process I followed:
> 
> Backup db's, ran the sql login and jobs to script files.
> Restored the db's on the new server, ran the scripts to establish the logins.
> Installed gp 10.
> Installed KB971015 (latest hotfix).
> 
> Attempted to run gputilities to upgrade the db's, where it fails.
> 
> I'm new to dynamics administration so I'm sure I'm missing something 
> fundamental.
> 
> Can anyone help?
> 
> Thx,
> 
> Steve
> 
> 
0
SteveW (10)
7/10/2009 3:49:01 PM
Which language version is your current GP install?

For version 10 (Hotfix 10.00.1328):
971014 is English
971015 is Spanish
971016 is French Canadian


"SteveW" wrote:

> Noticed posts regarding 2008 payroll hotfix; not sure if it was applied to 
> this db, but I downloaded and installed 971016.
> 
> Installation went well, still experiencing the same error.
> 
> - S'
> 
> "SteveW" wrote:
> 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > I'm trying to upgrade (on a test server) from release 9.0.362 to 10.  I've 
> > downloaded release 10 from the web site, things go well until I try to run 
> > gputilities to upgrade the db's.  Then I get the error referenced in kb 
> > 952054, Error message when you access Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Utilities: 
> > "There was a problem ascertaining product version information. Microsoft 
> > Dynamics GP Utilities will now exit. Check DUinstall.log for more information"
> > 
> > duinstall.log has the line:
> > 
> > Failure encountered ON 7/9/2009 at 4:51:31 PM.  Error:  Product 0 does not 
> > support upgrading from version 9.0.362.
> > 
> > The old machine is running windows server 2000, sql server 2000.
> > The new (VMWare) machine is running windows server 2008, sql server 2008.
> > 
> > I've tried several times to perform the migration, general process I followed:
> > 
> > Backup db's, ran the sql login and jobs to script files.
> > Restored the db's on the new server, ran the scripts to establish the logins.
> > Installed gp 10.
> > Installed KB971015 (latest hotfix).
> > 
> > Attempted to run gputilities to upgrade the db's, where it fails.
> > 
> > I'm new to dynamics administration so I'm sure I'm missing something 
> > fundamental.
> > 
> > Can anyone help?
> > 
> > Thx,
> > 
> > Steve
> > 
> > 
0
jpCBS (51)
7/10/2009 4:25:02 PM
Check for a product in the DynUtils.set file that is missing. 

I had to remove HITB stuff from the set file, and then the upgrade continued.



"SteveW" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I'm trying to upgrade (on a test server) from release 9.0.362 to 10.  I've 
> downloaded release 10 from the web site, things go well until I try to run 
> gputilities to upgrade the db's.  Then I get the error referenced in kb 
> 952054, Error message when you access Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Utilities: 
> "There was a problem ascertaining product version information. Microsoft 
> Dynamics GP Utilities will now exit. Check DUinstall.log for more information"
> 
> duinstall.log has the line:
> 
> Failure encountered ON 7/9/2009 at 4:51:31 PM.  Error:  Product 0 does not 
> support upgrading from version 9.0.362.
> 
> The old machine is running windows server 2000, sql server 2000.
> The new (VMWare) machine is running windows server 2008, sql server 2008.
> 
> I've tried several times to perform the migration, general process I followed:
> 
> Backup db's, ran the sql login and jobs to script files.
> Restored the db's on the new server, ran the scripts to establish the logins.
> Installed gp 10.
> Installed KB971015 (latest hotfix).
> 
> Attempted to run gputilities to upgrade the db's, where it fails.
> 
> I'm new to dynamics administration so I'm sure I'm missing something 
> fundamental.
> 
> Can anyone help?
> 
> Thx,
> 
> Steve
> 
> 
0
barbola (98)
7/10/2009 4:38:01 PM
Hi Jp,  Thanks for the reply!!!  Downloaded 971014...That was the problem...  
thanks again for your help! - S'

"jp@CBS" wrote:

> Which language version is your current GP install?
> 
> For version 10 (Hotfix 10.00.1328):
> 971014 is English
> 971015 is Spanish
> 971016 is French Canadian
> 
> 
> "SteveW" wrote:
> 
> > Noticed posts regarding 2008 payroll hotfix; not sure if it was applied to 
> > this db, but I downloaded and installed 971016.
> > 
> > Installation went well, still experiencing the same error.
> > 
> > - S'
> > 
> > "SteveW" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi,
> > > 
> > > I'm trying to upgrade (on a test server) from release 9.0.362 to 10.  I've 
> > > downloaded release 10 from the web site, things go well until I try to run 
> > > gputilities to upgrade the db's.  Then I get the error referenced in kb 
> > > 952054, Error message when you access Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Utilities: 
> > > "There was a problem ascertaining product version information. Microsoft 
> > > Dynamics GP Utilities will now exit. Check DUinstall.log for more information"
> > > 
> > > duinstall.log has the line:
> > > 
> > > Failure encountered ON 7/9/2009 at 4:51:31 PM.  Error:  Product 0 does not 
> > > support upgrading from version 9.0.362.
> > > 
> > > The old machine is running windows server 2000, sql server 2000.
> > > The new (VMWare) machine is running windows server 2008, sql server 2008.
> > > 
> > > I've tried several times to perform the migration, general process I followed:
> > > 
> > > Backup db's, ran the sql login and jobs to script files.
> > > Restored the db's on the new server, ran the scripts to establish the logins.
> > > Installed gp 10.
> > > Installed KB971015 (latest hotfix).
> > > 
> > > Attempted to run gputilities to upgrade the db's, where it fails.
> > > 
> > > I'm new to dynamics administration so I'm sure I'm missing something 
> > > fundamental.
> > > 
> > > Can anyone help?
> > > 
> > > Thx,
> > > 
> > > Steve
> > > 
> > > 
0
SteveW (10)
7/10/2009 6:21:07 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64
I have purchased an Acer Aspire 6930G laptop that came with Vista x86 (32 bit) installed but with a free 'upgrade' to Windows 7 x86. I have a 'desktop' and an update copy of Windows 7 (legit) that came with both 32 and 64 bit disks. I have installed the 64 bit version onto the desktop. I want to install the 64 bit version of Win7 onto my laptop but Microsoft insist they will only provide the 32 bit version as I am 'updating' from a 32 bit version. (seems that they are being simply bloody minded). My question is can I successfully install the 64 bit ve...

Help Desk Module for CRM 4.0
Is there a help desk module for IT service management that the end users and the IT department with CRM 4.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=624233e3-6ef9-44...

1.0 to 1.2 upgrade error (AD and SQLAccessGroup)
I am attempting to upgrade to 1.2. I have CRM server and SQL on the same server. 1.0 works fine and I have all the upgrades in place as far as I can tell. During 1.2 setup i get the error: Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to add the account to SQLAccessGroup in Active Directory. There is no such object on the server. (80072030) The SQLAccessGroup does in fact exist in AD and I am installing using the administrator account. Thanks. How many DC's do you have? "Don Bishop" <newsgroup@affinigent.com> wrote in message news:016a01...

Cannot log on to the system After upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0
Hi The CRM Server 1.2 upgrade to 3.0 and SQL Server 2000 sp4 in the Same box. Windows Server 2003 SP1 Environment After upgraded from CRM 1.2 and everything went good. When i tried to log on to the CRM 3.0 i recieved the following error: Authentication Error Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. I have checked the authetication is checked to Windows integrated but received the same error message. Any help ...

Money 3.0 XP and Networking Query
Hi, I have a client who is using money 3 for personal purposes for keeping track of shares and dividends and such. I realise Money 3 is very old (looks like it was for windows 3.1!) but he does not wish to upgrade to a newer version of money which is more complicated and has many features which he will never use. My questions are: 1] Will money 3 work reliably in XP? 2] Has anyone tried using money 3 over a network? i.e. sharing the file and using it on different computers (it would not have to be at the same time).? Otherwise, can you suggest a program that can deal with buying/se...

0 values in pivot tables
Hello everyone, I have a pivot table and I have a field that calculates the average of scores for certain people according to the number of records that they correctly created in a database. The score is determined by the number of records created correctly divided by the total number of records. In some cases, some people have not created any records. It is grouped like this on the list : Sales Manager Sales Rep Score John Jim 50% John Andy 60% John James 70% John Peter ...

Upgrading the CPU?
I was thinking about possibly upgrading my current 1.6 GHz CPU on my Dell Desktop with a faster 2.2 GHz CPU (which is compatible and available), but I had a couple of general questions: Would upgrading the CPU would require some, or perhaps most, apps to need to be reactivated again, due to tripping some copy protection features of the apps? IOW, will apps typically look at that alone and that's enough, or does it take 2 or more large changes to the system to normally trigger it? Also, when making image backups on my system to my second internal SATA2 drive, I am now get...

8.0 Upgrade
We are going to be performing an upgrade to 8.0 in the next month. Next week we will be doing a test migration and have 3+ weeks scheduled for testing. Does anyone have any documentation of things to consider or issues they had with the upgrade. Anything would be helpful, as I am just trying to ensure all the bases are covered. Thanks, Zach Morgan zachary.morgan@cbs.fiserv.com What are you upgrading from? "Zach Morgan" <ZachMorgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4011720-BF9F-4155-AF3C-131AEB8FFD0E@microsoft.com... > We are going to be performing...

#DIV/0! error
Dear All I am sure this problem I have can be easily resolved however, I have tried all the online help without success. I want to work out the percentage of two numbers however, to be able include zeros as part of the template. Example C1/B1=D1 as a percentage. Obviously when zero's are entered into the cells it generates the '#DIV/0!'. I have tried entering '=IF(C1=0,"",C1/B1) but it still comes back with the error. Additionally, can you write a conditional format that changes what is displayed when you get an error message? IE. =IF(D1=#DIV/0!,"100"...

Contarct in GP 10
Hi, In which Module in GP 10, I can create a contract for a customer and generate a monthly invoice Thanks Hi Alaa, I think you can do this with the Field Service module. Kind regards, Leslie "Alaa Ramadan" wrote: > Hi, > In which Module in GP 10, I can create a contract for a customer and > generate a monthly invoice > > Thanks > Deferrals Module might help. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Alaa Rama...

Works 4.0(wks) needs to be converted to Excel 2003
I saw some posts on here about similarites and one even linked to a converter that works but adds garbage to the file unles you buy the full version. Basicaly I just migrated a NT 4 workstation with Works 4.0 on it to a new XP machine with Office 2003. We found a converter for the Works documents but have had no real luck with the wks or Works spreadsheet files. The rlsoftware converter adds advertising of sorts inside of cells and can't be easily replaced. Is there anything out there that works? Find someone with works and ask them to save your files in a format that excel can o...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade
Hi, Well, it's been six months and I still haven't got it. What I have gotten good at is moving SQL databases around and restoring from backup images. I've gotten that down to under 25 minutes for both the system and CRM+CRM website drives. Us newbies just beat our heads against the box until it breaks, restore, read, read, read and try again. First it was the ImportDefaultDataAction failure, then the GrantDatabaseAccessAction failure, now I am hitting a UpgradeCustomizationsAction failure, Object reference not set to an instance of the object, sheesh. I've learned...

SENT ITEMS 02-01-10
I will have about 3 or 4 items in the sent folder.....then all of a sudden... they are all gone??? I did NOT delete them as I use some of them for references. Can anyone tell me how to retireve any of the deleted sent items or where they are stored..if they are. Try View | Current View | Show all messages while in the Sent items folder. steve "~JMONT~" <~JMONT~@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC06E0CB-8EB7-4678-B31A-E4B34E19F632@microsoft.com... >I will have about 3 or 4 items in the sent folder.....then all of a >sudden... > they ...

XP Upgrade
Can I run XP Pro upgrade on Windows 2000 or do I need to do a fresh XP Pro install? Thanks. KenP KenP <KenP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can I run XP Pro upgrade on Windows 2000 or do I need to do a fresh XP > Pro > install? > > Thanks. > > KenP If I'm not mistaken, it should work just fine upgrading from win2000. -- Jason "KenP" <KenP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B00F9489-9E56-4A14-B43B-33A927C98D23@microsoft.com... > Can I run XP Pro upgrade on Windows 2000 or do I need to do ...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Average time 06-04-10
I have a list of mm:ss times in a column. I want to find the average of the list. I have tried different things, but I keep getting 'Divide by zero error' (#DIV/0!) How do I fix this? Should work..The error is returned because there are no numerics in the range...Check whether the time is stored as text. What is the cell format. Try typing minutes seconds to another column or new workbook and try averaging.. To convert these values to numerics; copy a blank cell and select the range and PasteSpecial>select 'Add' and OK.. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) &qu...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...

GP 8.0 new customer
Our company purchased GP 8.0 and we are having difficulty with the amount of time it takes to reconcile the daily cash receipt. Does anyone do approximately 1500 to 2000 invoices in one month - varied $ amountf from as little as 3.49 to more than 2500. When we post a batch it gives us numerous pages of "cash sales" that we have to deposit. It just seems to be time consuming and we would like to streamline this process. Any suggestions? Hi Ann- With a little more information I think I can help with your issue. Please feel free to call me at 407-660-0059 x 109 if you would li...

Upgrade to 8.0/Upgrade FRX
When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over the 7.5 client or uninstalling 8.0 fresh? How about FRX? (6.5 to 6.7) Thanks, Annalisa I like to keep the GP installation clean but I've had success installing over the existing client. Just make sure you export all modified reports and forms to package files. For FRx, it will give you options during the installation process. I would keep the existing version and install in a new directory. "afollo" wrote: > When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over > ...

Does CRM 4.0 handle Partner management?
We are a software shop and we are currently using CRM 3.0, with the expectation to upgrade to 4.0 in the very near future. One of our newest directives is to manage our partners, and their accounts using CRM and we are wondering if 4.0 will be better at managing this? I realize this is kind of vague, but its something that the sales staff is asking of me. Microsoft released a CRM accelerator for Partner Management in October. take a look at it here: http://crmaccelerators.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=29990 Hello Rodney, You could be interested in our CRM @Comme...

downloading Office 2007 Professional didn't upgrade my outlook 20.
I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then converted to my own. I also have Office 2000 still on my computer. How do I get outlook to upgrade from 2000 to 2007? The trial version of Outlook will not install if any other version of Outlook is installed What does "converted to my own" mean? "rmeadie" <rmeadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A302D5A5-12EA-4C56-8944-53FAD9A7A0C1@microsoft.com... >I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then > converted to my own. I also have Office ...

Office 2004 Upgrade from Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade
I am looking into purchasing the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade - and would like some clarification on my eligibility (along with the installation procedure)... 1. Could you confirm whether I am eligible for the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade as a registered user of Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade (as the literature on the Microsoft website does not specifically mention the Office 98 Upgrade version)? 2. I am intending to install Microsoft Office 2004 on Mac OS x 10.4 Tiger. However I do not have Mac OS 9.2 [Classic] installed - m...

Upgrade pains...
Hi all, I'm trying to upgrade from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. I'm getting an error that says the "database is not published for merge replication"... Which sounds like a really dumb error (and check to make), because 3.0 doesn't even use replication! If anybody has come across this one and has a solution I'd be most grateful. (I've tried republishing, removing replication totally, even running the script at the end of the upgrade white paper to 'eliminate replication' hangover issues... Thanks, Dave -- Log file contents --- 12:51:55| Error| Install exceptio...

Domain Upgrade
We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD domain to 2008 and would like to know its impact on Exchange, OCS, LCS etc There should be none. Good luck! -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Glen" <Glen@live.com> wrote in message news:OHx5MsykKHA.2468@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows > 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD doma...

Create an 'Archive' database in WSS 3.0
We are about to introduce WSS 3.0 and have a question about archiving content from Sharepoint. In our current 'flat fille' system we have a project folder hierarchy ie. each project has its own master folder with numerous sub-folders. When the project is finished the folders are archived, with a read-only copy being placed on a separate hard disk for reference purposes. Our users want a similar process when we introduce Sharepoint for the associated project work they will have on Sharepont. ie. They will have a project site whcih they will work on; when the project is ...