Upgrade 3rd party product from GP 9 to GP 10

I created 3rd party product GP 9 using Ms Dextrity 9.0. I need to upgrade to
GP10 but I found SY_Security_Normal_MSTR tables do not have in version 10.
Can I proceed without this tables or do you have solutions? Please advise.
Thanks.
--
Gee
0

Hi Gee

The Microsoft Dynamics GP Developer forum may be a better palce to ask this
question.

Fliehigh

"Gee" wrote:

> I created 3rd party product GP 9 using Ms Dextrity 9.0. I need to upgrade to
> GP10 but I found SY_Security_Normal_MSTR tables do not have in version 10.
> Can I proceed without this tables or do you have solutions? Please advise.
> Thanks.
> --
> Gee
0
Fliehigh (443)
1/8/2008 12:18:02 PM
Hi,

We have done a major 3rd party Product upgrade from lower version to 10.

Please drop us  a email if you are not able to upgrade.

Regards,
nj.tech@hotmail.com

"Gee" wrote:

> I created 3rd party product GP 9 using Ms Dextrity 9.0. I need to upgrade to
> GP10 but I found SY_Security_Normal_MSTR tables do not have in version 10.
> Can I proceed without this tables or do you have solutions? Please advise.
> Thanks.
> --
> Gee
0
nj.tech (47)
1/8/2008 6:12:00 PM
Please consult the v10 Dexterity Integration Guide manual to see how security
is handled in v10.  The security model has been completely changed and is now
pessimistic rather than optimistic. ie. you will need to grant access to your
windows before they can be used.

Any system/hidden forms need to be made exempt from security (there are a
couple of methods) so they can be accessed without having to specifically
grant access.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"Gee" wrote:

> I created 3rd party product GP 9 using Ms Dextrity 9.0. I need to upgrade to
> GP10 but I found SY_Security_Normal_MSTR tables do not have in version 10.
> Can I proceed without this tables or do you have solutions? Please advise.
> Thanks.
> --
> Gee
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
1/9/2008 1:14:01 AM
Thanks for your reply. I still could not find the v10 Dexterity Integration
Guide in partnersource. Can you show me where can i get it? Thank you.
--
Gee

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Please consult the v10 Dexterity Integration Guide manual to see how security
> is handled in v10.  The security model has been completely changed and is now
> pessimistic rather than optimistic. ie. you will need to grant access to your
> windows before they can be used.
>
> Any system/hidden forms need to be made exempt from security (there are a
> couple of methods) so they can be accessed without having to specifically
> grant access.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "Gee" wrote:
>
> > I created 3rd party product GP 9 using Ms Dextrity 9.0. I need to upgrade to
> > GP10 but I found SY_Security_Normal_MSTR tables do not have in version 10.
> > Can I proceed without this tables or do you have solutions? Please advise.
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > Gee
0
Gee (17)
1/9/2008 3:40:03 AM
It is installed in the Manuals folder when you install Dexterity as IG.pdf.

"Gee" wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. I still could not find the v10 Dexterity Integration
> Guide in partnersource. Can you show me where can i get it? Thank you.
> --
> Gee
>

> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Please consult the v10 Dexterity Integration Guide manual to see how security
> > is handled in v10.  The security model has been completely changed and is now
> > pessimistic rather than optimistic. ie. you will need to grant access to your
> > windows before they can be used.
> >
> > Any system/hidden forms need to be made exempt from security (there are a
> > couple of methods) so they can be accessed without having to specifically
> > grant access.
> >
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> > Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
> >
> > Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
> >
> > mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> >
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > and confers no rights.
> >

> > "Gee" wrote:
> >
> > > I created 3rd party product GP 9 using Ms Dextrity 9.0. I need to upgrade to
> > > GP10 but I found SY_Security_Normal_MSTR tables do not have in version 10.
> > > Can I proceed without this tables or do you have solutions? Please advise.
> > > Thanks.
> > > --
> > > Gee
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Upgrading the CPU?

Bar Chart #9
I have a spreadsheet like below and I want to make separate (but the same format) bar charts for each week The top-left cell starts at cell A1 (The numbers below are hours) This is a spreadsheet to log the amount of hours lost in the department and the reason why productivity was delayed for that time. Date Server Printer Temperature Network Data Control 4/28/08 4 4/29/08 5 4/30/08 5/1/08 1 5/2/08 3 Totals 4 8 1 5/4/...

Product key entry
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi All I'm trying to get Office 4 Mac up and running for the first time but when I go through the process I put in the product key and then nothing happens after I hit the continue button. Any ideas on what could be causing this or what I can do to fix it? On 10/10/09 7:54 PM, in article 59b7e570.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "macmac@officeformac.com" <macmac@officeformac.com> wrote: > I'm trying to get Office 4 Mac up and running for the first time but when I go > through the process...

8.0 Upgrade

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

Contarct in GP 10
Hi, In which Module in GP 10, I can create a contract for a customer and generate a monthly invoice Thanks Hi Alaa, I think you can do this with the Field Service module. Kind regards, Leslie "Alaa Ramadan" wrote: > Hi, > In which Module in GP 10, I can create a contract for a customer and > generate a monthly invoice > > Thanks > Deferrals Module might help. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Alaa Rama...

XP Upgrade

groupe sur maternit� 01-14-10
je cherche des infos sur la maternit� d auxerre! quelqu'un a des infos ? "Aline Pinchon" <aline.pinchon@laposte.net> wrote in message news:uZy5Jd4nKHA.4436@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > je cherche des infos sur la maternit� d auxerre! quelqu'un a des infos ? > "jovanovic violeta" <violeta@san.com> wrote in message news:uJy15z1qKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > "Aline Pinchon" <aline.pinchon@laposte.net> wrote in message > news:uZy5Jd4nKHA.4436@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >> je cherche des infos...

How to get TWO installed with GP 8.0?
The "create sample data" or similar option is no longer available in GP Utils 8.0. How do I load this database? Thanks, Morgan Are you running it from the server? Morgan wrote: > The "create sample data" or similar option is no longer available in GP > Utils 8.0. How do I load this database? > > Thanks, > > Morgan > > Yes. Is a clean install of 8.0, not an upgrade. The option to create TWO isn't in the Utils.. kinda odd. "Robert Yount" <ryount-remove-@prov.com> wrote in message news:%23Ve9Kl84EHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP...

Windows Media Player 9
Hi, I don't get the picture at all when I play AVI files, although I do get sound. Can someone point me in the right direction for resolving this issue. Thanks - Phil. Wrong newsgroup, but make sure you have the latest version of Quicktime installed. Click on Help and then on 'Update Existing Software'. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ------...

Conditional Formating #9
I have 4 cells. Below is what I am trying to accomplish. I need the formulas for each of the conditions. Please help. Condition for Cells 1-3 Condition 1: If date is greater than NOW() - Red Condition 2: If date is less than NOW() - Green Condition 3: If there is a date in cell 4 (over ride conditions 1 and 2) - Blue Condition for Cell 4 Condition 1: If there is a date in cell 4 - Blue Thank you, Aviator Assume the cells ar A1:A4, select A1:A3 with A1 as the active cell, format>conditional formatting formula is, for the first condition use =ISNUMBER($A$4) format button and s...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...

Remove voids in GP Safepay before submission to the bank
Numerous customers request this functionality to be able to process a Safepay file that excludes Voids. Please add this functionality ASAP to either "remove voids" or "Exclude voids" prior to the creation of the Safepay file. Thank you. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click...

Ctrl+C (copy) doesn't work within GP
I have a user that when using Ctrl+C to copy in GP 9 doesn't work. You can go to edit>>copy and it will, but the hotkey/shortcut doesn't work. In other programs such as Word it works fine. In a test the machine was able to copy info from Word and Paste into GP by using the hotkeys, but another attempt to copy/paste within GP it failed to copy and just pasted what was previously copied from Word. Any ideas? I have run into this a few times but my issue was that if you try to paste some text into a field in GP that is more than the maximum allowed, then it just does not...

Upgrade to 8.0/Upgrade FRX
When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over the 7.5 client or uninstalling 8.0 fresh? How about FRX? (6.5 to 6.7) Thanks, Annalisa I like to keep the GP installation clean but I've had success installing over the existing client. Just make sure you export all modified reports and forms to package files. For FRx, it will give you options during the installation process. I would keep the existing version and install in a new directory. "afollo" wrote: > When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over > ...

GP 8.0 new customer
Our company purchased GP 8.0 and we are having difficulty with the amount of time it takes to reconcile the daily cash receipt. Does anyone do approximately 1500 to 2000 invoices in one month - varied $ amountf from as little as 3.49 to more than 2500. When we post a batch it gives us numerous pages of "cash sales" that we have to deposit. It just seems to be time consuming and we would like to streamline this process. Any suggestions? Hi Ann- With a little more information I think I can help with your issue. Please feel free to call me at 407-660-0059 x 109 if you would li...

downloading Office 2007 Professional didn't upgrade my outlook 20.
I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then converted to my own. I also have Office 2000 still on my computer. How do I get outlook to upgrade from 2000 to 2007? The trial version of Outlook will not install if any other version of Outlook is installed What does "converted to my own" mean? "rmeadie" <rmeadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A302D5A5-12EA-4C56-8944-53FAD9A7A0C1@microsoft.com... >I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then > converted to my own. I also have Office ...

How do I add a Barcode to my product labels? Is there a special p
samell wrote: Do you know the numbers? If so use the PostNet font. "samell" <samell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E61B466E-D0B5-482F-8865-00D814C27A84@microsoft.com... > ...

Office 2004 Upgrade from Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade
I am looking into purchasing the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade - and would like some clarification on my eligibility (along with the installation procedure)... 1. Could you confirm whether I am eligible for the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade as a registered user of Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade (as the literature on the Microsoft website does not specifically mention the Office 98 Upgrade version)? 2. I am intending to install Microsoft Office 2004 on Mac OS x 10.4 Tiger. However I do not have Mac OS 9.2 [Classic] installed - m...

Upgrade pains...
Hi all, I'm trying to upgrade from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. I'm getting an error that says the "database is not published for merge replication"... Which sounds like a really dumb error (and check to make), because 3.0 doesn't even use replication! If anybody has come across this one and has a solution I'd be most grateful. (I've tried republishing, removing replication totally, even running the script at the end of the upgrade white paper to 'eliminate replication' hangover issues... Thanks, Dave -- Log file contents --- 12:51:55| Error| Install exceptio...

is product licence key stored on computer
I had to return my computer to factory settings which removed my Office 2007. I have lost my discs and product licence key however it is the 3 licence version and I have the other two licences on 2 other computers. How can I trace the licence key from one of those computers to reinstall on the repaired one. "MikeBaker" <MikeBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C4DA541-7147-4E6C-B835-B0D6A5F27A2D@microsoft.com... > I had to return my computer to factory settings which removed my Office > 2007. > I have lost my discs and product li...