Updating Test Company in GP 9.0

I have used the procedures for setting up a new test company, but now the
data is kind of stale and I want to refresh the test database with current
live company data.

After restoring a current "live" backup into the "test" company, do I still
need to run the script  from the TK on setting up a new test company? Or is
there something else I should do?

Thanks,
DavidF.
0
DavidF (157)

On Nov 21, 10:18 pm, davidf. <dav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have used the procedures for setting up a new test company, but now the
> data is kind of stale and I want to refresh the test database with current
> live company data.
>
> After restoring a current "live" backup into the "test" company, do I still
> need to run the script  from the TK on setting up a new test company? Or is
> there something else I should do?
>
> Thanks,
> DavidF.

After you restore the live backup on the test company, you dont need
to do anything else.
The test company should have the latest data.

In fact you can write a batch script to take a backup of live and
restore it on the test company. We use it and it is pretty handy.

Jivtesh
Dynamics Blog : http://www.jivtesh.com/
0
jivtesh (113)
11/21/2007 5:22:50 PM
Actually there are two scripts you need to run.  The first corrects the
internal names in the database and the second sets the ownership.

See KB article 871973 for the details and copies of the scripts.

If you don't run these scripts there are functions that may not work
correctly.

VinceV

"Jivtesh" wrote:

> On Nov 21, 10:18 pm, davidf. <dav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I have used the procedures for setting up a new test company, but now the
> > data is kind of stale and I want to refresh the test database with current
> > live company data.
> >
> > After restoring a current "live" backup into the "test" company, do I still
> > need to run the script  from the TK on setting up a new test company? Or is
> > there something else I should do?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > DavidF.
>
> After you restore the live backup on the test company, you dont need
> to do anything else.
> The test company should have the latest data.
>
> In fact you can write a batch script to take a backup of live and
> restore it on the test company. We use it and it is pretty handy.
>
> Jivtesh
> Dynamics Blog : http://www.jivtesh.com/

0
VinceV (156)

Update for MS Money 2005?

RMS 3.0 #2
i upgraded my service plan last year same time becuase they said rms 3.0 is releasing soon. Should i pay the fee becuase it didn't get me anything. any suggestions? Also rms 2.0 didn't do much except some button in po's and created more problems. i dont think they will be releasing 3.0 anytime soon anyway. Tough call I have heard from a partner that the 3.0 wont be out until endo 2009 but most likely 1st qtr 2010... Dynamics pos is the next release then RMS 3.0...thats on the rumor mill.. take it with a grain of salt. "manoj" wrote: > i upgraded my...

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

How update entity in post update?

Migrating CRM 3.0 to a New Server OS.
I’ve purchased a new Server for our CRM 3.0 application and was wondering if there was a procedure to migrate the CRM application to its new server. The OS type (W2k3) is not being changed, just upgrading to a new server platform. -- GT It depends on whether or not you are running SQL on the same server or not. If SQL is on a seperate server, the process is pretty simple. You can install CRM on the new server and use the existing dtabases on the SQL machine. You will need to update any Outlook clients though to point to the new server URL. If SQL is on the same machine, the steps a...

Can someone help me??? (0/1)
Let me start off by saying that I am no where near an excel expert so please bear with me. I have a schedule for my employees which is attatched to this post as an html file. They are contained in three different sheets within a workbook. Each sheet has its own formulas and such but I have excluded them and also condensed them down to save repitition. The 3 scheduling sheets are named Servers, Hostess, and BarBus I also have/want 7 other sheets named Mon thru Sun and a template is attatched as an html file as well. What I need to get working is the Mon thru Sun sheets to automatically pu...

latest update too MSCFV2

Dynamic Menu update

CRM 4.0 Trial Key
Does anyone know where we can get the trial key to install MSCRM 4.0? Thanks Duc If you have access to the download you have access to key - it is in readme Pete "Duc, Nguyen" <DucNguyen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:159C8F13-9827-4EE1-A368-96D4D3E05151@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know where we can get the trial key to install MSCRM 4.0? > Thanks > Duc On Dec 2, 11:18 am, Duc, Nguyen <DucNgu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know where we can get the trial key to install MSCRM 4.0? > Thanks > Duc If you&...

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

For serious template programming, staying with VC 6.0 is just not an option.
hi all VC++.NET is much more standard compliant, particularly in the area of templates. For serious template programming, staying with VC 6.0 is just not an option. ? Why ? Regards Bhargav On 6 Aug 2006 22:45:21 -0700, "bhag" <bhag281@gmail.com> wrote: >hi all > >VC++.NET is much more standard compliant, particularly in the area of >templates. I would go with VC 2003 (v. 7.1) or 2005 (v. 8) and not the 2002 version, which was actually called VC.NET. >For serious template programming, staying with VC 6.0 is just not an >option. ? >Why ? Because it ha...

Business Portal 4.0 Issue
Hi All, I am able to Install Business Portal 4.0 in both office share point server site as well as wss3.0 site. After installation I am able to live data of purchase orders and customer balances but some pages like sales orders by customers and some more giving the following error while retrieving the data An error occurred while retrieving data from Microsoft Dynamics GP. Administrators, see the server log for more information. I checked the error in Event Viewer its recorded the following error. Could not execute Web Method GetSalesOrderList on Web Service at http:...

[ANN] Excel X security update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

Test to see if new group posting works
Seems to work :o) Welcome back. Tom "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:W_90h.445$Mh6.95@newsfe24.lga... > > Actually it did not work on my end. All of my newsgroup messages quit downloading three days ago. I have to unsubscribe and reboot, then resubscribe to get it to work again. I have the same problem on two identical computers. "Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message news:u6m6a0U%23GHA.1224@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Seems to work :o) Welcome back. > > Tom > > "Peter Olcott" <...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...