unposted sales showing in inquiry

I noticed that many of our customers have amounts in the "Unposted Sales"
field in Customer Payment Summary Inquiry.  In some cases larger amounts than
they had actual sales.  I've checked Inquiry>Sales>Transaction by Customer
and there is nothing listed when I select work.  The customers actual
outstanding balance is much lower than what is showing as unposted.

Has anyone seen this before or point me in the right direction to diagnose?

Thanks,

John Trax
0
JohnTrax (24)

John,

You might want to reconcile your customer balances. I'm not sure why that
happened though... maybe you entered transactions for the customer in the
current year before you even closed the previous year (RM module).

Cheers,
Vincent

"John Trax" wrote:

> I noticed that many of our customers have amounts in the "Unposted Sales"
> field in Customer Payment Summary Inquiry.  In some cases larger amounts than
> they had actual sales.  I've checked Inquiry>Sales>Transaction by Customer
> and there is nothing listed when I select work.  The customers actual
> outstanding balance is much lower than what is showing as unposted.
>
> Has anyone seen this before or point me in the right direction to diagnose?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Trax

How to toggle Sales Tax for all items in a transaction in RMS?
We have a client who uses Customer Based Sales Tax. They have two sales tax schedules (FL & NC) which are controlled by Ship To State. They have both walk in traffic and also sell and ship items to other states. This all seems to work just fine. They also have the WALK IN CUSTOMER sales tax option set to the state where the retail store is (FL). That feature works fine if a customer is not selected during the sales process in POS. The problem occurs when a regular customer from another state (say Indiana) walks into the store to buy something. When they enter the customer into POS,...

sales report by split sales persons
we have situations where 2 different sales persons sell to the same customer, depending on product group. We select the specific sales person when we enter the sales order. Unfortunately, later when we want to run a sales report, it assigns all the sales to whatever salesperson is shown in the Cards as the default sales person. We need a report that assigns sales to sales persons based on the data from the individual sales orders ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click th...

Urgent
Hi Folks I have three sales taxes setup...the sales taxes is set on Items...however, I go to a trade show in another location and the sales taxes is different.... How can I change the sale tax of each item sold at time of sale.... I leave in two days for the trade show... need to get this to work... Thanks Dan Danny, I think you can set up the tax to be applied based on the buyers address. I have not done this but this tip may give you a work around. "Danny" wrote: > Hi Folks > > I have three sales taxes setup...the sales taxes is set on Items...however, >...

Sales Input
Hello, Is there a way to upload an sales spreadsheet (from ebay, website) into the database? Right now, we are manually entering all sales. Maybe someone has an add-on? -- Thank you, Greg Shepherd Vice President First Rate Golf, Inc. dba Golf Augusta frgusa.com <http://www.frgusa.com>, 910 692 6266 ...

Deleting Cashiers and SAles Reps
Does it do any damage to the transaction history if you delete out Sales reps or cashiers? We have some people who no longer work for our company and are wondering if we can delete them out. Please let me know if deleting them will do antyhing. Thanks, Nick As far as I can gather is deletes the cashier or sales rep associated with that sale. Therefore recalling the transaction would have no cashier and or rep attached to it. -- Elizabeth M. "Nick" <Nick@me.com> wrote in message news:nl97f.12722$xk2.10618@fe06.lga... > Does it do any damage to the transaction hi...

Microsoft Publisher shows me fuzzy/ blurry pictures but prints fine ok...
what else can I say? Running Office (Publisher) 2003, WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL ver 2002 operating system, tons of hard drive left, ram, etc. So, how can I get back the crystal clear view of my Publisher Pictures like I had in the past (at what point i do not know and I will not do a reversion restore point since there's no back up, etc). Is there a patch or something that repairs this? Help Fleas Please. Andrew Myszkowski <fleas@fleasNOSPAM.com> was very recently heard to utter: > what else can I say? Running Office (Publisher) 2003, WINDOWS XP > PROFESSIONAL ver 2002 o...

Signatures not showing up in email
I have signtures setup and selected in Outlook 2003 and format set to HTML yet they don't show up on the email when I select new. Any ideas on what I'm missing? Are you using Word as the editor? If yes, you must define a signature in Word and then your other signatures will be available via the right click context menu. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: KMW <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I have signtures setup and selected in Outlook 2003 an...

Outlook 2007 Backup Command not showing up
After downloading and installing the Personal Folders Backup Tool, the Backup command is not showing up under the File menu. I'm using Outlook 2007 in a Win7 environment. It all worked fine on Outlook 2002 in a Win XP environment. Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance. You can just close Outlook and copy the PST file instead. tipep wrote: > After downloading and installing the Personal Folders Backup Tool, the Backup > command is not showing up under the File menu. I'm using Outlook 2007 in a > Win7 environment. It all worked fine on Outlook 2002 in a Win...

Setting up sales stages
Hello, Thanks in advance for any help. When I create a sales stages in work flow, the stages are only able to be changed via 'apply rule' in an opportunity. The 'change sales' feature only shows the current stage the opportunity in the drop down. None of the other stages appear. What am I doing wrong? Firstly, it sounds like the sales process you have built is a manual process - you need to go back to your process configuration and set this to automatic. Second what actions have you inserted after each sales stage that when complete will move the sales process to ...

Partial Dollar Sales Tax
I have a question for the U.S. users of RMS. Has anyone ever encountered a sales tax district (state, county, etc) which uses a partial-dollar sales tax structure, so that you would be required to setup and maintain the Partial Dollar table in the Store Operations Sales Tax data? I'm trying to write up a requirements document for a third-party sales tax system (looking at Vertex, CCM, and Avilera), and I'm trying to determine if we need to include a requirement for partial dollar sales tax information. I've never seen anyone who uses it, and I'm wondering if this is som...

Deactivated Accounts show up in Search. Why?
We have accounts that no longer do business with us that we've Deactivated. However, when we do a search / advanced find those accounts still come up. How can we screen those out of the results? Thanks! Jim When you run an advanced search you have to be specific about the query you are submitting. To remove the inactive account you need to include (or a variation) field=status; condition=does not equal; value=inactive. James "Jim Stromberg" wrote: > We have accounts that no longer do business with us that we've > Deactivated. > > However, when we do a...

Show month in different color?
I use excel at work and we have gages that are due calibration. I wanted to know how to put in a formula or something to show each gage that is due in red at the current month. That way when the next month comes the gages due that month are in red and the other months are normal. Use conditional formatting. A1 has the date, B1 has the gage parameter / reading Select B1. Go to format > conditional formatting. Select 'Formula is'. And enter in the box: =MONTH(A1)=MONTH(TODAY()) click on format button and in patterns tab select the red color. Mangesh "OneGoose" <O...

Sales Tax Confusion!
I want to know the value of items that i have sold with 0 Sales tax (not the amount of tax collected, but the total value of items where the Sales tax for that item is set to zero) Is there a detail sales report which is filterable by Item Sales Tax? Thanks! Not sure if this is the answer to your question, but you may be able to query via administrator ( couldn't find a report that allows you to filter by item sales tax - what a surprise) items that are set to "none" in the tax field in item properties are flagged with a tax id of zero.....to view these use select * fr...

POP Mail Mail account not showing
I have three mail accounts, an IMAP account, a Hotmail Free account and a POP account. I set them up in that order, over a period 3 days.. The IMAP account is my main account, its there I can see it and I can see its folders, mail comes in mail goes out and the folders synch. The Hotmail account is there I can see it with its standard folders (inbox, sent, deleted, junk), I don't keep any data on the Hotmail server, if I want to keep stuff then I file it in an IMAP folder or a local folder, mail comes ands goes (via the IMAP server's SMTP gate) from that account OK When I adde...

Department Sales Report for Times of day
I would like to create a report for a departments sales that would reflect the sales for that department hourly for that day. I would also like to be able to see this same report based on a date range (ie: for a month) Is it also possible to have the same above reports for the individual items within the department? Thanks in advance. Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Advantage will give you that report and more. Basically, anything that is captured in RMS can be reported on using Retail Analytics. We have the Up Close and Personal (UCAP) program available for RMS clien...

How do I show multiple worksheets on multiple screens?
I run 2 screens. I cannot work on 2 spreadsheets, showing 1 on each screen. If I open multiple sessions of exscel, I cannot cut and paste froma spreadsheet in 1 session to a spreadsheet in another. Ideas? You could save the file to disk, and then open it on the other screen. It might work I'm not sure if that answers your question. "larrynipon" wrote: > I run 2 screens. I cannot work on 2 spreadsheets, showing 1 on each screen. > If I open multiple sessions of exscel, I cannot cut and paste froma > spreadsheet in 1 session to a spreadsheet in another. Ideas...

Sales Transaction Entry #2
Where can I enter the SOLD TO address when entering a Sales Order or customer maintenance screen. The BILL TO and SHIP TO is available, but I can not find where to enter the SOLD TO. regards, There is no concept of "sold to" in GP. As you said, the only addresses available in SOP are Bill To and Ship To. What is the difference in your case between Bill To and Sold To? My only thoughts are to treat one of the addresses as the Sold To address or use Extender to add Sold To fields. -- Charles Allen, MVP "tintin91" wrote: > Where can I enter the SOLD TO add...

Prvent return of sale merchandise
Is there a way to prevent an item from being returned if the item was sold at a discount? We are a high-end women's clothing company, and we wind up having people buy a dozen garments, then returning 10 of them a week or two later. Our "official" store policy is to not allow an item which was originally sold at a discount (either a sale price set up previously, or a manual discount applied at checkout time). However, I don't see anything in the Store Ops configuration to prevent this from happening. Likewise, I would like to put a limit on how long a person has to re...

Word won't show images in Docs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've just upgraded to a new iMac and transferred files and programs from my iMac (Both running Snow Leopard). Now I can't see any image files in word docs. It will show it in print preview but not in the doc itself. This applies to pics already in the doc or new. I'm using version 12.2.3. <br><br>Thanks for any help. ...

Help with sales report, 0 quantity #2
Hello. I am trying to print out reports for quantities sold that also show me 0 quantity. I have added all the item numbers that I am interested in and it works great for ordering, but I need to be able to see which ones didnt sell during the period I set. The equals to 0 or less than 1 options dont work. Is there a trick? Thanks, Orlando Orlando, Use the item movement report with the quantity sold filter. -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions "boardwalkliquors@gmail.com" wrote: > Hello. I am trying to print out reports for quantities sold that also > show me 0 quanti...

Error Opening unposted sales from collection main
When one of our sales classes are trying to open unposted sales from collection main, they are receiving a unhandled form exception, EXCEPTION_CLASS_FORM_MISSING. I believe this is a security issue but any i cannot figure out what they do not have permission for. The window is not modified and does work fine for other user classes. Any Ideas We experience similar problem with fresh GP 8.0 installation. Here is the message that we get: Unhandled form exception: Cannot open form. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_FORM_MISSING SCRIPT_CMD_OPEN Problem occurs every time we open any Sa...

Print showing formulas
I am wondering how you can print the spreadsheet showing all of the formulas. So instead of the answers to all of the formulas you just see the actual formula. I know this is possible, but I am having a hard time remembering how. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Shannon, There is a checkbox Formulas(?) in Tools>Options>View(?) that will = display the formulas instead of values. (?) means I'm not sure what it's called. HTH Anders Silven "Shannon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet = news:037501c3b601$7bf2ad30$a10128...

Sales for outlook 09-08-05
I install CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook on a workstation with Office Pro 2003. It installed successfully and i restart. Opon opening outlook the Microsoft CRM folder is visible but the tool bar is not installed and the crm folder only has Deleted items and Search folders in it. I install on another pc and it works fine. Any ideas? Open Outlook-Help-About Outlook, click on 'Disabled items' and make sure that the 'MSCRM Outlook add-in' is not disabled (enable it). Close Outlook, wait 10-15 secs, then start Outlook again. Also check the COM add-ins list and verify that the...

unposted sales showing in inquiry
I noticed that many of our customers have amounts in the "Unposted Sales" field in Customer Payment Summary Inquiry. In some cases larger amounts than they had actual sales. I've checked Inquiry>Sales>Transaction by Customer and there is nothing listed when I select work. The customers actual outstanding balance is much lower than what is showing as unposted. Has anyone seen this before or point me in the right direction to diagnose? Thanks, John Trax John, You might want to reconcile your customer balances. I'm not sure why that happened though... maybe yo...

Outlook / CRM Sales Synchronization
I have installed the Sales client for Outlook on a machine that has access to the CRM system. After installing, I would like to synchronize and be able to go offline. In all the previous attempts, after going offline, I could not go online again. I got a cryptic message to contact the system administrator. After browsing MSDN for a while, I discovered that I should have a Synchronize option on my Tools menu. It does not appear there. I have tried to completely uninstall and reinstall, but with no luck. I have also applied the Rollup 1 to fix those problems, but still cannot go offline, ...