Unposted batches report

Anyone familar with a report (SmartList) that will print off all the unposted
batches?  At times we have a multiple of them that I would like to review to
see what is related to the prior month or that are intercompany.

Merle,

Just to clarify what you're looking for - do you need a list of batches (one
line per batch) or a detailed list of all the transactions in a batch?
Also, which module would this be for?

My first guess is that you're looking for a detail of all the unposted GL
transactions.  If that is the case, under Account Transactions, add columns
for Document Status, CorrespondingUnit and IC TRX.  Document Status will be
Work for any unposted transaction.  IC TRX  will be Yes for any Intercompany
transaction originating in the company you're in.  CorrespondingUnit will
show a value if the Intercompany transaction came from another company and
is unposted in the one you're looking at.

If you're looking for something else, please post back with more details.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Merle Schwickerath" <MerleSchwickerath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B2045067-3C55-47FA-BADA-36E5B868F293@microsoft.com...
> Anyone familar with a report (SmartList) that will print off all the
> unposted
> batches?  At times we have a multiple of them that I would like to review
> see what is related to the prior month or that are intercompany.

0
victoria (3340)
4/9/2008 11:32:21 AM
What is the difference between status of "open" & "work" for a batch?  Is
there a field that also gives the batch name?

Merle

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Merle,
>
> Just to clarify what you're looking for - do you need a list of batches (one
> line per batch) or a detailed list of all the transactions in a batch?
> Also, which module would this be for?
>
> My first guess is that you're looking for a detail of all the unposted GL
> transactions.  If that is the case, under Account Transactions, add columns
> for Document Status, CorrespondingUnit and IC TRX.  Document Status will be
> Work for any unposted transaction.  IC TRX  will be Yes for any Intercompany
> transaction originating in the company you're in.  CorrespondingUnit will
> show a value if the Intercompany transaction came from another company and
> is unposted in the one you're looking at.
>
> If you're looking for something else, please post back with more details.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "Merle Schwickerath" <MerleSchwickerath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:B2045067-3C55-47FA-BADA-36E5B868F293@microsoft.com...
> > Anyone familar with a report (SmartList) that will print off all the
> > unposted
> > batches?  At times we have a multiple of them that I would like to review
> > see what is related to the prior month or that are intercompany.

Merle:

There are three TRANSACTION statuses in GP - 'Open', 'Work', and
'History'.  Batches are either posted or unposted.

An example of the three statuses for a payables document would be as
follows:

1.  Work - the transaction has been entered (saved) but not posted.
Some transactions can be saved individually, some can only be saved in
batches.  In the case of a batch of payables transactions sitting in a
batch awaiting posting, these transactions would be in 'Work' status.
2.  Open - following the same scenario, after you post the payables
transaction or batch, the transaction is in 'Open' status.
3.  History - the payables transaction moves to 'History' status once
it has been paid or voided.

Yes, there is a field that identifies the Batch ID.

Hope this helps,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
4/9/2008 2:15:05 PM
Merle,

Work = Unposted
Open = Posted to Open Year
History = Posted to Closed Year

You can show the Batch ID by adding the Batch Number column.

--

message news:4032F974-4D7C-47B8-9F7F-175EFE6653D0@microsoft.com...
> What is the difference between status of "open" & "work" for a batch?  Is
> there a field that also gives the batch name?
>
> Merle
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Merle,
>>
>> Just to clarify what you're looking for - do you need a list of batches
>> (one
>> line per batch) or a detailed list of all the transactions in a batch?
>> Also, which module would this be for?
>>
>> My first guess is that you're looking for a detail of all the unposted GL
>> transactions.  If that is the case, under Account Transactions, add
>> columns
>> for Document Status, CorrespondingUnit and IC TRX.  Document Status will
>> be
>> Work for any unposted transaction.  IC TRX  will be Yes for any
>> Intercompany
>> transaction originating in the company you're in.  CorrespondingUnit will
>> show a value if the Intercompany transaction came from another company
>> and
>> is unposted in the one you're looking at.
>>
>> If you're looking for something else, please post back with more details.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>>

>> "Merle Schwickerath" <MerleSchwickerath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:B2045067-3C55-47FA-BADA-36E5B868F293@microsoft.com...
>> > Anyone familar with a report (SmartList) that will print off all the
>> > unposted
>> > batches?  At times we have a multiple of them that I would like to
>> > review
>> > see what is related to the prior month or that are intercompany.

0
victoria (3340)
4/9/2008 2:19:48 PM
I got all that information in the SmartList.  Brings back information that I
was looking for except.....

I have a Intercompany batch.  The batch is correct & has not been posted
yet.  I run the SmartList searching only for the (1) Batch_ID, the time
frame, even the journal #.  The SmartList report gives me the batch with alot
of incorrect information - account #'s are wrong.  Seems to only happening
with intercompany transactions.  Don't understand why.

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote:

> Merle:
>
> There are three TRANSACTION statuses in GP - 'Open', 'Work', and
> 'History'.  Batches are either posted or unposted.
>
> An example of the three statuses for a payables document would be as
> follows:
>
> 1.  Work - the transaction has been entered (saved) but not posted.
> Some transactions can be saved individually, some can only be saved in
> batches.  In the case of a batch of payables transactions sitting in a
> batch awaiting posting, these transactions would be in 'Work' status.
> 2.  Open - following the same scenario, after you post the payables
> transaction or batch, the transaction is in 'Open' status.
> 3.  History - the payables transaction moves to 'History' status once
> it has been paid or voided.
>
> Yes, there is a field that identifies the Batch ID.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

Merle,

Looks like this SmartList does not work correctly for Intercompany
transactions.  I am guessing what it's doing is looking at the account index
on each line, then bringing back the account with that index number from the
company you're logged into, not from the other (IC) company.  You can start
a support incident with Microsoft to register this as a bug, but
realistically even if they confirm this is an issue, they may not have a
quick fix for you.  If you need this quickly, you would have to either
create a custom SmartList in SmartList Builder or another report based off
the SQL data directly.

--

message news:AA47533A-C3BF-411C-8886-CADE45F2928F@microsoft.com...
>I got all that information in the SmartList.  Brings back information that
> was looking for except.....
>
> I have a Intercompany batch.  The batch is correct & has not been posted
> yet.  I run the SmartList searching only for the (1) Batch_ID, the time
> frame, even the journal #.  The SmartList report gives me the batch with
> alot
> of incorrect information - account #'s are wrong.  Seems to only happening
> with intercompany transactions.  Don't understand why.
> Merle
>
> "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote:
>
>> Merle:
>>
>> There are three TRANSACTION statuses in GP - 'Open', 'Work', and
>> 'History'.  Batches are either posted or unposted.
>>
>> An example of the three statuses for a payables document would be as
>> follows:
>>
>> 1.  Work - the transaction has been entered (saved) but not posted.
>> Some transactions can be saved individually, some can only be saved in
>> batches.  In the case of a batch of payables transactions sitting in a
>> batch awaiting posting, these transactions would be in 'Work' status.
>> 2.  Open - following the same scenario, after you post the payables
>> transaction or batch, the transaction is in 'Open' status.
>> 3.  History - the payables transaction moves to 'History' status once
>> it has been paid or voided.
>>
>> Yes, there is a field that identifies the Batch ID.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Frank Hamelly
>> MCP-GP, MCT
>> East Coast Dynamics
>> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
victoria (3340)

Reconciliation Report #4
Is there a way to print a reconciliation report? In microsoft.public.money, Shirley wrote: >Is there a way to print a reconciliation report? Report like bank statement/reconciliation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176329 ...

Run reports w/ parameter from program
I have about 20 different reports that have to be ran each day. The reports require one input parameter from the use, Enter_Date. The Enter_Date parameter is the same for all 20 reports. Can I automate this process allowing the user to enter the Enter_Date once, then programaticlly produce all the reports? A code snippet would be great and Thank You! I am using Access 2007. Instead of having the Input parameter in a query or report, you could have an unbound Form containing a text box (txtDate) and a command button. The user types the date into the text box and presses the butt...

Hide Report Controls in Report Footer
I have about 8 label, 8 textbox controls plus a subreport in my report footer. In the OnFormat event, I know I can set each control's visible property to false if I need to. Is there a way to iterate through the report footer and set the visible property of any control found to false or true? On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 18:50:33 -0500, scott wrote: > I have about 8 label, 8 textbox controls plus a subreport in my report > footer. In the OnFormat event, I know I can set each control's visible > property to false if I need to. > > Is there a way to iterate through the r...

Text and Graphics together in reports
I hope I can explain this properly. In my database (2007), I have records with a question and 4 answers. Some of the questions are pictures (saved as BMP files in OLE Object fields) and others have only text (memo field). I basically have 2 question fields (one text and one picture) and 2 fields for every answer (in case I need either one or both - hence my problem). On some of those questions, they have text before and after the graphic: This is what we have: [image] What is the answer? What I am curious about is how to display this in a report? Can the text and graphic ...

Cannot Run Report
I created some reports last year that totalled by Quarter. Everything ran good for me (Administrator) and the Office Manager (also an Administrator). The person taking over the Marketing Reports tried to run the reports himself the other day, and got the following error: An error has occured during report processing. (rsProceesingAborted) Query execution failed for data set 'blahblah_mscrm'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand) EXECUTE permission denied on object 'Fn_GroupQuarter', database 'blahblah_mscrm', owner 'dbo'. I've run t...

report error message
Hi all, I have created a query, which runs just how it should do and shows the results I require, I created a report based on the query which again shows the correct resuts, I then created a pop up form for the user to enter criteria for the query, this works ok too and the report shows the correct results, but when I go to close the pop up form I get the error message below ? any help please "The Microsoft Office Database Engine cannot Find a Record in the table 'PartData' with key matching field(s) 'Boiler UIN' Here is my SQL info SELECT [Main Data T...

Batches
I have an Invoice Entry batch that is not being used by anyone & yet it is marked with a Busy status. I cannot post this or change it. Any ideas? It sounds like the batch is locked. Check on partner source with specific version info and such. You will want to first try batch recovery and then likely have to adjust some table records based on partner source instructions related to your particular scenario. gl "New user" wrote: > I have an Invoice Entry batch that is not being used by anyone & yet it is > marked with a Busy status. I cannot post this or change ...

Formatting Rows / Columns of a Report
Ok i am having trouble wrapping my brain around this one. I have a table, tblTotals, with Fields: Station, WeekEnd, Revenue. (text, date, number respectively). The WeekEnd date is always a Friday. Here is some example data: ATL 1/9/2009 2000 BWI 1/9/2009 5000 LAX 1/9/2009 8000 ATL 1/16/2009 3500 .... I need to create a report that is similar to a CrossTab Query in format. Not sure if that is possible. So the Row Headers would be the Stations, and the Column Headers would be the WeekEnd Dates. i.e. 1/9/2009 1/16/2009 ...

Report Manager in XP???
Hello, I want to print off a report created using the Report Manager in Excel 2000. I want this to be printed off Excel XP. However, it appears that the Report Manager isn't in XP. Is this correct, and if so, how do I print it off? Thank you This article discusses missing add-ins: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288118 You can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=34dacd92-d511-4760-8094-2754d82a4e2f&displaylang=en -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "emerb" <emerb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4...

Need help w/stock status report
We are on 9.0 using manufacturing with all items set up as average cost. The canned stock status reports no longer work to tie to GL in 9.0/10.0 so I am wriitng my own in either Smartlist Builder with a SQL view or Crystal Reports. I just want to get close in tying GL to inventory value. I am thinking on the IV10200, with this (qty received * Unit Cost) - (qty sold * adjusted cost) for each layer. Then the sum of each layer "should" be close to GL. Am I on the right track? Microsoft used to report that using the Average Costing valuation method is never going to tie to the ...

Analytical Reporting Periods
Hi, I am now in trouble while running Multi-level query in Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Analytical accounting. I have already setup a fiscal year from July to june of 13 periods of last 2 periods with same date as recommended by Microsoft where last period is for year end adjustments. When I was selecting period 3 of an year, it intimated me to select fiscal year from 7 to 12. When finaly I looked into Reporting period setup of Analytical accouting I found this error that Fiscal year 2007 which was starting from July 2007 to June 2008 appearing as July 2007 to December 2007 and next year...

Change currency values in report.
Is it possible to change values in a report from Australian dollar to USD? The report is currently set up in Australian dollars and i would like to maybe use a form to have the USD currency value change the values in the report to USD. Is there a simple way to do this? Thanks George You will need some way to specify the current exchange rate. Say you open a form (Form1) with a text box (txtExchangeRate) that has the current exchange rate. You can then place a text box on your report (or in its source query) to convert the value, e.g.: =[Amount] * [Forms].[Form1].[tx...

System.NullReferenceException when creating a new report?
Hello. When Trying to upload a new report via the CRM Report Manager I get a System.NullReferenceException (Stack below). It seems as if this function has an error. We already installed some 'service packs'/roll ups, is there a special package we need to get the CRM Report Manager running? Greetings Jens [NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.] Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.SRSReport.convertDataSource(CrmContext context) +115 Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.SRSReport..ctor(String name, String description, String xmlContent, String sh...

EDC batch missing
I have a customer that is able to process credit card successfully, but when they go to settle the EDC batch under utilites menu. There is no transactions to settle. I am able to run EDC report and it shows those transactions status open, but obivous they're missing in settlement screen. Thanks Dave Never mind. I'd fixed it by reindexing the database. Dave "DCR" wrote: > I have a customer that is able to process credit card successfully, but when > they go to settle the EDC batch under utilites menu. There is no transactions > to settle. I am able to run E...

Report Template
I am trying to create a default report template - once I have created the template, I change the default from "Normal" to the name of my report template in the Access Options dialog box, in the Object Designers area, under Forms/Reports in the Report Template text box - however when I create a new report I do not get all of the controls that have been set up in my template - I only get the background colors. I need to show my company logo, the page numbers, the date and time, and a title - but none of these appear when I create a new report based on my template. Check www.all...

Error Opening unposted sales from collection main
When one of our sales classes are trying to open unposted sales from collection main, they are receiving a unhandled form exception, EXCEPTION_CLASS_FORM_MISSING. I believe this is a security issue but any i cannot figure out what they do not have permission for. The window is not modified and does work fine for other user classes. Any Ideas We experience similar problem with fresh GP 8.0 installation. Here is the message that we get: Unhandled form exception: Cannot open form. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_FORM_MISSING SCRIPT_CMD_OPEN Problem occurs every time we open any Sa...

Uninstall Reporting Services
Hi, Has anyone tried to uninstall Reporting services from a machine that has CRM/SQL Server also installed? Are there any issues? Thanks --Aaron Yes, I've tried it according guidance of the one CRM posting forum. But, after that, my CRM was clutter. So, I must reinstall my CRM. sorry, fow what reasoning do you want to uninstall it ? "Aaron" <aaron.heller@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1110386523.865519.100880@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Has anyone tried to uninstall Reporting services from a machine that > has CRM/SQL Server also installed...

Help with report formatting
I am in need of some help formatting a report. My table looks like this: Item Description as a text value Month (yyyy-mm) as a text value, not date Dollar Amount I didn't use a date field type because I noticed that despite what it shows on the screen, it actually stored a specific date in the table, which I didn't want. (I am using SQL Server 2005 database linked into an Access 2007 front end.) So, for example, I might enter "Rent", "2009-11", and "$2000". That entry will exist for every month. I might enter "Insurance", &...

Use a listbox to print different reports.
I would like to use a listbox to print different reports but I am not able to program the VB for the print button. I think that with my limited logic that it should go something like this. Dim varItem As Variant For Each varItem In Me!ListPrint.ItemsSelected Print a corresponding report. This is pretty vague, but perhaps someone might be able to point me in the right direction. Take a look at Allen's Tip on this subject at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-19.html You might also be interested in the sample databases found at: http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.co...

unposted sales showing in inquiry
I noticed that many of our customers have amounts in the "Unposted Sales" field in Customer Payment Summary Inquiry. In some cases larger amounts than they had actual sales. I've checked Inquiry>Sales>Transaction by Customer and there is nothing listed when I select work. The customers actual outstanding balance is much lower than what is showing as unposted. Has anyone seen this before or point me in the right direction to diagnose? Thanks, John Trax John, You might want to reconcile your customer balances. I'm not sure why that happened though... maybe yo...

AND, OR in Reports
in any report in RMS, there's no way to put brackets when using operator to set the priority of the "AND" and "OR", this result in wrong report results, for example, if I'm trying to get the sales for specific item in a specific period specifying that the "date sold is between X and Y " and itemlookupcode = 'A' or itemlookupcode = 'B' or itemlookupcode = 'C', this will give us wrong results coz the sales will be true for the first item only but for the other two items, I'll be having all their sales, not in the spe...

Print reports not available in offline mode
It seems that we are unable to print reports while running CRM 4.0 in offline mode, as the print icon on the reports doesn’t show at all. I’m wondering if print functionality in the offline client is disabled in CRM 4.0 altogether or we need to make some adjustments in the Outlook client settings first? ------=_NextPart_0001_864380DB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi elbekvejrup, Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support. I also tried to repro it and yes I cannot find the print icon on when I am offline. For my understanding, there is no s...

X and Z report
Is there a way to view (combine) all cash registers inot one X report and is their a way for the manager to close each cash register without physically going to each register -- Thanks Ian Ian, Not with what's in RMS. This could be accomplished with a custom App. Daniel Tech Support techs1@nurol.com NuRol Point of Sale www.nurol.com "Ian Yorke" wrote: > Is there a way to view (combine) all cash registers inot one X report and is > their a way for the manager to close each cash register without physically > going to each register > -- > Thanks > Ia...

Posted Batch
Hi, How can I see the posted batch, before posted? Than you Before posting the batch, click the printer icon at the top right of the window. This will show the batch as if it was posted, and if you have errors it will show them also. "Mauricio Ramirez" wrote: > Hi, > > How can I see the posted batch, before posted? > > Than you Thank you klewis, but I want to review after in a report or something like that, only to assure to me that batch was posted. Any suggestion? "klewis" wrote: > Before posting the batch, click the printer icon at the to...

Picture on Report - Yet Again?
Ok, I know I'm going to get a bunch of links posted in this one regarding see this post here and see this help section there, but I've looked at them and I still can't get this to work, so here I am. First of all I am on Access 2000 I am trying to get a picture to display on a form. The directory for the . jpg/.bmp is located in "tblISF" in a field called "PhotoFilePath". The name of my unbound object frame is "ImageFrame". On the report "rptISF", I would like the picture to display in my group header, so I have tried placing several di...