Unpaid invoice with Open status shows 0 Uanpplied Amount

In the Payables module, we have 2 vendors that have Open invoices that do not
have any payments or credit memos applied to them yet they show a zero
unapplied amount.  Does anyone know why this would happen and how to fix it?
--
Rosalyn
0

Hi Rosalyn,
I encountered this before. I just updated the current trx amt field
(CURTRXAM) on PM20000. This fixed the problem. However, I don't suggest that
you do this if you were not familiar with SQL and GP table structure.
DON'T run checklinks. This will move the trx to history. You don't want that.
Goodluck.

"Rosalyn" wrote:

> In the Payables module, we have 2 vendors that have Open invoices that do not
> have any payments or credit memos applied to them yet they show a zero
> unapplied amount.  Does anyone know why this would happen and how to fix it?
> --
> Rosalyn
0
MCA (31)

Incorrect Opening Balance
On our Trial Balance report closing balances for one year does not agree with opening balances of the next. The latter is $0 while the previous closing was not $0. Is there a fix for this? Thanks Noyb, If the accounts are revenue or expense accounts this is normal behaviour. Those accounts are closed at year-end and the net balance is transferred to a retained earnings account. If the accounts are Balance Sheet accounts, that is assets, liabilities, or equity, then you have a huge problem. Likely, they were miss-classified on set up and the system has them as P&L accounts instead of B...

CRM 3.0 Tax Calculation
I tried to automate tax calculation for the Quote Product form (can also be the Order- or Invoice Product form, principle is the same) in an onChange event, simplified like this: crmForm.all.tax.DataValue = crmForm.all.baseamount.DataValue * TaxRate; The problem is that the field crmForm.all.baseamount.DataValue is updated after a Save or SaveAndClose, so after a possible onChange event. Also using the onSave event of the form does not work, the crmForm.all.baseamount.DataValue is calculated or updated after the event (?). Question: How/Where are the fields crmForm.all.baseamount.DataV...

Users not showing up in GAL
When I create new users, I create their mailbox at the same time. For some reason, the users are not showing up in the GAL and the recipient policy is not adding all the additional email addresses to their account. I can go into System Manager and see that they have a mailbox...but, I am not sure why they arent getting into the GAL. Any ideas? Is the "Recipient Update Service" running? Update interval is every hour, 2 hours or....? -- Iv Borissov IMI Support Team http://www.imibo.com/imidev/ *everything that has a beginning has an end* "Paul B" <Paul B@disc...

I cannot open my query in SQL view
But I can run it - MS Access 2K - Preminum Thank you in advance. On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:59:00 -0800, MN <MN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >But I can run it - MS Access 2K - Preminum >Thank you in advance. More info please. What steps are you taking to open it in SQL view? Can you describe the query? What do you see if you select View... SQL from the View menu in query design mode? John W. Vinson [MVP] Thanks for reply, When I select View...SQL from the view menu It's open a blank query (I mean I see nothing in the query) But When I clicked 'Query -&g...

IE7 open and very quick closed
Does anyone know what's the problem of when I open IE7 with blank page, but it will quick automaticly close without any error message. Even I uninstall to IE6 and reinstall it which the problem still exist. Do anyone has a fix suggest ? Thanks Assuming WinXP SP2 or SP3... Internet Explorer 7 exits immediately when you start it in Windows XP or in Windows Server 2003: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928427 Jack wrote: > Does anyone know what's the problem of when I open IE7 with blank page, > but > it will quick automaticly close without any error message...

Anyone have Great Plains 8.0 upgrade worries?
Hi all, My name’s Michelle Goodman and I’m the editor of the new Microsoft Business Solutions Community Web site, which goes live on Friday, July 9th. You can check out the site here: www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/community. (After the 9th, that is.) On July 21st, we’ll be posting a static chat on Great Plains 8.0 upgrade concerns. If you have a question about upgrading to the latest version of Great Plains, we’d love to hear from you. Just post your question in this newsgroup thread before Thursday, July 16th, and we’ll pose as many of your questions as we can to our featured expert,...

Customizing Case and Invoice Entities
This customization is detailed and will be a little bit of a challenge. Objective: To be able to look at a case and quickly tell what invoice the case was billed. I tried to re-verse program the New Order procedure and apply the logic to New Invoice for resolved cases, but I am hitting a brick [software] wall. When you go into Order and click New Order and go to the Administrator Tab you can associate the order with Opportunity and / or Quote. I would like to first associate invoices with cases. I want to be able to look at a case and see that it was billed. I am looking in Order E...

Automatically opening in compatibility mode
I created a new .dotx file in word 2007. When I go to use it in word 2007, it automatically opens in compatibility mode which makes the active x control features like drop downs not work. How can I make it open without being in compatibility mode? Compatibility mode is for Word 97-2003 templates and documents, only. I suspect what you are seeing is files opening in *Design* mode. You can turn it off by clicking the button on the Developer tab, but note that macro security forces Design mode. Rather than reducing the security level, I'd advise against using ActiveX con...

POP
An invoice was matched to a shipment and the user deleted the invoice. Now when she attempts to re-match the invoice to the shipment, nothing is showing up in the Auto-Invoice or Match to Shipment screens. Can someone please help me re-open this Shipment for Invoicing or let me know some other work-around. Thanks, jav, Are you 100% sure there's nothing there? When the invoice was deleted, it should have made the shipment available again. Was the invoice saved in a batch and then deleted before the batch was posted? Or was the invoice posted and then somehow deleted? Frank Hamel...

Calling Crystal Reports 10 from Dynamics 9.0 using Dexterity
Hi all, I have been using the sample application provided on GP's website to call a Crystal Report from Dynamics 9.0. I have used the following code to set the connection string. connectionstring = "Driver={SQL Server};Server=" + GetSQLInstanceName() + ";Database= " + sDatabase +";Trusted_Connection=yes;" ; But the code checks against the users' windows authenticated logins. From the sample provided, each GP user has to have an equivalent windows user added to the SQL Server logins. This is tedious as there are 60 GP users so you would have to add...

How do I get lines I have drawn to show on the screen?
I have continuously had problems seeing the objects I draw in a Publisher document. It isn't only lines, but circles, etc. I can draw the line fine, it shows as I am drawing it, but once I let go of the mouse it disappears. It is still there, I can click on the line to move it or change it, but it never shows up on my screen. It will print just fine, but I can't see it to make the minute changes needed. This probably is your video driver. Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, Control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this all...

open form multiple times
Hi, My project is in MS Access 2002. In that I want to open one form multiple times. I put one button on my main form. Now whenever I click on that button than form will be open. Now when I click again on that same button than it will open same form again in seperate window. But instead of that already open form comes.and so i couldn't open that form multiple times. Already open form must be remain as it is even if I click on that button to open the same form again. I want this, bcz I am using this form to enter some readings, taken at half hour time interval,in table.If I couldn't ope...

Vendor Invoice on Hold
Is there a way to mark in GP to put a vendor invoice on hold? We have a few invoices we would like to hold payment on pending receipt of the credit. The invoices/vouchers are already keyed. We would like the system not to pull these invoices for payment. Debbie, You can do just what you're asking for on the Hold Payables Transactions screen - Transactions > Purchasing > Holds. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Debbie" <Debbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A7B4672-B2AB-49DC-84A0-368591EED31B@microsoft.com... &...

Simplifying opening procedure
Hi! Here're steps how I examine "pfirewall.log" file in Win7: 1. open Notepad with "Run as admin" 2. from Notepad open the log file moving thru win/sys32/logs and etc. In WinXP just double click the log file's shortcut on a desktop. Any ideas to shorten above steps in Win7? P.S. it seems there's no Win7 forum at MS news server and Win7 related posts have to go to Vista groups. Yes? "TumurS" <nospam_tumurs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:#ejbtP76KHA.5644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi! > Here're steps how I examine "...

Invoicing
Hi, I have setup an invoice system in Excel which does all the vat calculations and shows net costs,total costs, ect.I now want to keep a single row record of each invoice I create in a seperate datasheet.The pertinent details would be recorded in adjacent cells on individual rows for each new invoice created. Is there some way of setting up a button which when activated will print a copy of the current invoice I have completed and create a record of the details in an adjacent worksheet. I also need to set up an invoice numbering system which will be based on the current date eg. ...

error when opening excel
When opening excel, the following two errors pop up - Cannot find 'My Documents'. The document may be read-only or encrypted. (Then, after hitting OK) Cannot Access 'My Documents'. Then, after hitting OK, Excel runs fine. How can I get rid of these errors. This may be related to your "Alternate Startup File" location. Check this KB article (scroll down to the section with that title): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;240150 This article may also be of use: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;258781 -- HTH - -Frank ...

Cannot Open Attachments (MS Word)
Using Outlook 2000, when I get an email with a MS Word attachment, I double-click on it but it will not open. Basically, nothing happens. I have to save the file to my disk and then open it. I don't have this same problem with Excel. Any idea why? I do get a message when I open a Word document saying "Performing Virus Scan." I have Norton Antivirus running. Could this be interacting with Outlook to prevent the file from opening within the Outlook environment? Easy enough to find out, disable Norton's scanning and try again; if it works correctly, you've discovere...

Payment for Invoice and downloaded transactions
I know that there is the method of creating a cash account and just marking payments as paid to that account and then converting the downloaded transaction from my bank account to a transfer from the cash account to reconcile these transactions. However, I also know that there was a way to actually get the downloaded transaction to actually synch with the payment. I did it several times in 2005 and 2006, but I haven't had to do it since then until this past week. I could have sworn that I found the post by someone on here explaining how to do it, but I can't find it anywhere now. D...

Cannot open Publisher
Publisher cannot load the required file ptxt9.dll You may be out of memory or the file may be corrupt. I get the above error when I try to open publisher, or one of my existing publisher files. Please help. I turned my computer off, and back on. I have deleted temp. int. files, cookies. No other programs are open. What do I need to do? This is office XP. I have had nothing but trouble since I upgraded from office 2000. I have a 1.7 GHz 40 GB HD with 68% free. 128MB ram. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q235/3/85.ASP&am...

Office files open in readonly
HI, I have a user with WinXP sp1 with Office 2002 SP2. When she double clicks on an office file (mostly excel and powerpoint), she gets a message stating "the file is already open do you want to open read only". She selects cancel and then right clicks the file and selects open. the file opens without any errors this way. This happens whenever she already has a different file of the same type open. For example. She opens file1.xls, double clicks file2.xls. She will get the error when double clicking on file2.xls. Hope someone has a solution Debra Dalgleish has a list of Fre...

Unpaid Benefits
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C8F169.AA3A32A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to assign few employees Unpaid = Benefits. I need this for the purpose of adding a percentage of asset = cost to total wages of employee for calculation of tax. Thanks=20 Haroon ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C8F169.AA3A32A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W...

Payables Invoice Fully Applied Zero Balance
I have a fully-applied zero balance AP invoice that did not move to history. I've found TechKnowledge Doc #15269 that says it's a known issue when you writeoff an invoice but I'm not showing any indication that this was a writeoff. Any suggestions on how to fix outside of running check links? ...

"You cannot open two documents with the same name" message problem
Hi All, I am wondering if anyone has a solution on this. There is a Word 2007 file (docx) that has links to an Excel file. They are both resided in the same folder. When the files are moved to another folder, the link path does not get updated =96 which I understand. But when the Word file is first opened, the following message came up: A document with the name "xxx.xlsm" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second documents, either close the document that's currently open...

Excel does open like it use to...
Excel 2002 - when I opened two different XLS files, two full copies of Excel would open and I could "resize" both so half fit on top of screen and the other on the bottom of the screen (kinda like arranging HORIZONTAL). All of a sudden this stopped working - and I only get one instance of Excel loaded - I can "ARRANGE" the different Excel files from the WINDOWS menu in Excel but this doesn't work as well for me...I want a full copy of Excel to open when I open multiple Excel files concurrently. Anyone seen this? Know how to fix this?? Dave Maybe im tripping ...

Outlook 2007 refuses to open at all
I installed a new IMAP email account onto Outlook, and then tried to move some emails around (within the new account) by clicking and dragging. It wasn't happy with that at all, and crashed every time I tried to do that... However, it has now gone further: it won't even open when I click the icon. Not at all. I can view the properties and edit accounts (I changed the new account like this as I had previously SSL and 465 rather than TLS and 587), and even send a test email, but apart from that, nothing... By the looks of things a re-install won't solve the problem (acc...