Unknown Dictionary Error

Thanks in advance for any info...

Have a user receiving "Unknown Dictionary Error". CustomerSource suggest the
dictionary file is corrupt. I copied the dictionaries from my machine to
this users machine and still no joy. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Morgan

0
abcd4010 (60)

Make sure you replaced the correct dictionaries in the correct locatoin.

:
: Have a user receiving "Unknown Dictionary Error". CustomerSource suggest the
: dictionary file is corrupt. I copied the dictionaries from my machine to
: this users machine and still no joy. Any ideas?
:
:
: Thanks,
:
: Morgan
:
:

0
nospam202 (664)
6/21/2004 6:42:49 PM
Morgan,

Although you may have copied your dictionaries to the
offending machine, the workstation in question may not be
looking at that location for the dictionary in the
location you stored it.  Within GP, goto
Setup>System>Edit Launch File.  Click on the Great Plains
product, then make sure the paths are correct at the
bottom of this screen.

It's possible the workstation is looking at a shared
drive.  Again, make sure the workstation is pointed to
the correct file.

If that doesn't work, I'd try reinstalling the
workstation.

Steve

0
anonymous (74725)
6/21/2004 6:49:15 PM
Thanks. Yes, I copied to where the set file said they should be, but still
no joy.

Thanks,

Morgan
"Lady Layla" <nospam@nowhere.now> wrote in message
> Make sure you replaced the correct dictionaries in the correct locatoin.
>
> "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
> : Thanks in advance for any info...
> :
> : Have a user receiving "Unknown Dictionary Error". CustomerSource suggest
the
> : dictionary file is corrupt. I copied the dictionaries from my machine to
> : this users machine and still no joy. Any ideas?
> :
> :
> : Thanks,
> :
> : Morgan
> :
> :

0
abcd4010 (60)
6/21/2004 7:59:14 PM
Steve,

Thanks, but unfortunately I can't even get GP to the login screen.  I made
sure I copied everything over to the location(s) identified in the .set
file, so it's looking like a re-install is the only "fix".

Thanks,

Morgan
> Morgan,
>
> Although you may have copied your dictionaries to the
> offending machine, the workstation in question may not be
> looking at that location for the dictionary in the
> location you stored it.  Within GP, goto
> Setup>System>Edit Launch File.  Click on the Great Plains
> product, then make sure the paths are correct at the
> bottom of this screen.
>
> It's possible the workstation is looking at a shared
> drive.  Again, make sure the workstation is pointed to
> the correct file.
>
> If that doesn't work, I'd try reinstalling the
> workstation.
>
> Steve

0
abcd4010 (60)
6/21/2004 8:00:56 PM
You dont have to go into GP to get to the launch file.  And re-installing may
not be a fix at all

"Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
: Steve,
: