Unknow dictionary error

Monday morn

Last night I copied the server's "shared documents" folder to another disk
in the server. And shared it as "Shared Documents."

This morning, from the GP's client computer, the "Unkown Dictionary" error
message is display when attempting to log in.

I moved the MSBS folder back to the original location, shared the original
"Shared Documents"  folder as "Shared Documents" and provided sharing
permissions. The security permissions had not changed.

I have rebooted the client machine.

Still the error is displayed.

Guidance please

Jnospam (4)

J,

The user does not have write permissions on the Forms and Reports
dictionaries, make sure that the user has full control on the shared folder
and its accessable by the client machine.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"J" wrote:

> Monday morn
>
> Last night I copied the server's "shared documents" folder to another disk
> in the server. And shared it as "Shared Documents."
>
> This morning, from the GP's client computer, the "Unkown Dictionary" error
> message is display when attempting to log in.
>
> I moved the MSBS folder back to the original location, shared the original
> "Shared Documents"  folder as "Shared Documents" and provided sharing
> permissions. The security permissions had not changed.
>
> I have rebooted the client machine.
>
> Still the error is displayed.
>
> Guidance please

thank you for your help

"Mohammad R. Daoud" <daoudm@greatpbs . com> wrote in message
> J,
>
> The user does not have write permissions on the Forms and Reports
> dictionaries, make sure that the user has full control on the shared
> folder
> and its accessable by the client machine.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "J" wrote:
>
>> Monday morn
>>
>> Last night I copied the server's "shared documents" folder to another
>> disk
>> in the server. And shared it as "Shared Documents."
>>
>> This morning, from the GP's client computer, the "Unkown Dictionary"
>> error
>> message is display when attempting to log in.
>>
>> I moved the MSBS folder back to the original location, shared the
>> original
>> "Shared Documents"  folder as "Shared Documents" and provided sharing
>> permissions. The security permissions had not changed.
>>
>> I have rebooted the client machine.
>>
>> Still the error is displayed.
>>
>> Guidance please

Jnospam (4)

MSExchangeIMC
We are having problems in a Exchange Mail Server 5.5 SP4 where the service "msexchangeimc" stops constantly giving error 4037: Event 4037 MSExchangeIMC Error An exception has occurred which was handled internally by the Internet Mail Service. This may have resulted in a message not being delivered. Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000 Address: 0x00462f42 We have followed the indications of the article of Microsoft 168883 but the problem persists. What can we do to solve it definitively? See if postSP4 hot-fixes for Exchange help. If not - you are out of lu...

Error msg: Runtime Error Outlook 2002
When initializing Outlook 2002 in Windows XP OS, I get the following error msg: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! ...

How to troubleshoot errors
I have Exchange 2003 SP1. This server has been in production for 2 years. Yesterday my users just started reporting "outlook is retrieving data" messages. I could not see any performance anomolies on the Exchange server. I have read alot of documentation about this error but where do I start troubleshooting it, Exchange server, GC server, Domain Controllers, or network traffic? IN the Exchagne Server connection status window - what #'s would be normal for avg resp? Thanks for any input I'd start with checking disk io, average read and write latency on your db a...

Crystal Reports Error 07-06-04
Hi Guys, Currently experiencing a problem with our CRM 1.2 install. I am unable to read any reports in CRM. i get the error message: "Object= = doesn't support this property or method" Has anyone seen this issue before? i can find references to the same err= or = elsewhere, but nothing within the reports area. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. -- Regards, Skip is this happening with the standard reports as well or just reports you have created? "Skip" <skip@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:opsapx3ofveek5xh@eng2.sytation.com... Hi Guys, Curr...

upgrade reports and forms dictionary
A simple log file while upgrading a reports.dic or forms.dic file that displays the following: 1. Report or form name 2. Type (report, or form) 3. Product 4. Upgraded successfully or not The first thing the customer wants know is what reports/forms did not upgrade so they can determine their importance and whether to invest consulting dollars to recreate them or not. Currently, what prints out is a log files that shows what happened to each field, which I've never found a use for. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions ...

Error at Startup (Unable to open dictionaries)
I've just installed GP 8.0 on a new OS running WinXP. I've copied all of the files from the previous workstation (Win2k) to the new. I've also set up an ODBC connection for the client. After doing these two things I can finaly open GP & get the login screen correctly. However, not before getting 3 error messages. 1. Unable to open dictionary :C:PROGRA~1/MICROS-4/GREATP~1/CFM.DIC. 2. Same error different file /CFMFORM.DIC 3. Same error different file /CFMRPTS.DIC The files are listed in the GP directory. Not sure what I've done incorrectly as this is my first time i...

Error Code 0x80070057
I can receive e-mail but all sent/replies remain unsent in my outbox. I have DSL at office, dial-up in hotel on the road. I talked to 6 people at Comcast, 3 people at Microsoft, 2 people at Dell... Anyone?? ...

dictionaries and else
Hi, I have recently bought a MacBook and would like to ask you whether the dictionaries installed in Office software vary between countries (if I buy Office in the US, for example, what dictionaries does it come with, and if I do the same in Switzerland, same question). And I would also appreciate your general comments on Office 2004 and Intel-Macs. Thanks. Depends on what you mean by dictionaries. If you mean things that offer definitions, all versions of Office 2004, whether English or other languages, only offer English language definitions for English words. If you mean the ability to...

Error in creating contact using web service
Hi all, I found an example to create account using web service on http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa613632.aspx I am calling this web service through my desktop application written in VB.Net. I have added the web reference and the code compiles with no error or warnings. But on the last statement which creates a contact in MS CRM Dim contactGuid As Guid = service.Create(contact) it gives me error as "Server is unable to process the request" The server is available and running fine. Can anybody please help me on this issue? Thanks in advance, -Imran use try catch...

error when migrating from 2004 to 2005
We have encountered some problem while migrating from 2004 to 2005, when upgrading the database, it gives us an error message about read-only files. We have searched the knowledge base and found that microsoft is aware of this problem and it is caused by the corruption within the database. We followed the instruction on the microsoft website, however, when using the repair facility within the money program, the corruption is said to be fixed, but in 2005 it still does not upgrade and still have the readonly error message. Then we tried to use the tool on the Money disk (which is supp...

Error
How do i get rid of this error?? I copied a database. I am tryong to change the combo box from nound to unbound object. I have checked off all the required boxed under tool-options- view. I have also granted access to the table. I dont know what else to do. below is a sample of the code. Your help will greated be appreciated. Private Sub Form_Load() On Error GoTo UserForm_Initialize_Err Dim cnn As New ADODB.Connection Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim con As String, strConn strConn = " C:\Documents and Settings\Sp-0010\Desktop\2010-css-database\S-DB_...

Exchange Error on Send/Received
Hi, I'm running MS Exchange Server 2003 with SP2, on client when I pressed send received button its shows following error under "Errors" Tab. Task "Microsoft Exchange Server" reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation faild. An object could not be found.' Clients are able to send and received e-mail properly but GAL are also not populated completely only default GAL displayed. Please let me know how can I resolve this issue Naseem ...

Linker Errors
Hi Guys, After I changed my WINVER, _WIN32_WINNT, and _WIN32_WINDOWS all to 0x501, in order to get access to PrintWindow, I get a bunch of linker errors that have stummped me. It says it can't find _xGetMonitorInfo, _xMonitorFromWindow, and _xGetSystemMetrics. I suspect that I have to update my SDK, here is the question, if I'm using VS2003, can I update my SDK to get rid of this problem? AliR. AliR wrote: > Hi Guys, > > After I changed my WINVER, _WIN32_WINNT, and _WIN32_WINDOWS all to 0x501, in > order to get access to PrintWindow, I get a...

CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003: External Error. No Such Object on Server
Users cannot get to CRM via WEB. They would get error box: No Such Object on Server. I got this from Event Viewer: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: There is no such object on the server. Error Message: There is no such object on the server. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()...

can someone help with this error?
Error: "The form required to view this message can not be displayed. Contact your administrator" One of my users gets this error when trying to open an email that originated from a yahoo web based email account. In her outlook inbox the email contains an attatchment to each forwarded message. It is when clicking to open the forwarded message that the error occurs. Note that this same email opens fine on other computers using the same version of Outlook. The 'original' message is several 'forwarded' messages deep and contains pictures. When I look at it my title bar ...

Error message when launching Office V.X apps
Hi Hope someone can help. I have a new 15" PB. After installing Office V.X (without any apparent problems) I receive the following message after launching any of the apps: "An unexpected error acurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework X library" I have not used the apps a lot since this started to appear, but they seem to work OK. Does anyone know what this means and how to get rid of it? Thanks in advance! On 10/9/03 07:22 AM, in article db703714.0310090622.7ff46abf@posting.google.com, "Pelao" <steve.mcc@mac.com> wrote: > I have a new 15"...

account unknow
account unknown (s-5-21-2659917360-1679971600-1089088173-1001) (s-5-21-2659917360-1679971600-1089088173-1005) (s-5-21-2659917360-1679971600-1089088173-1007) Can i delete these or do i need to keep them. How much money is in them in total :-) -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Loran" <lorantech@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eBtzCyvuKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > account unknown > (s-5-21-2659917360-1679971600-1089088173-1001) > (s-5-21-265991...

Error when creating an entity with the Webservice
Hello, I have just set up a development which makes it possible to create events of entities (an account for example) via a small interface. This development functioned perfectly on a test platform but while trying to set up it on another platform I find an error when it tries to reach WebService: "The resquest failed with HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized" Would somebody know from where can come the error? Thank you by advance for your answers and sorry for my bad English. Hello, Try specifically setting the network credential when setting up the web service like this: ...

"Interface message error"
I have configured Sharepoint services to send e-mail the mail is sent after any new document get's updated in a site Server used is windows 2008 standard server and The client has outlook 2007 and windows 7 But when i tryed to open the mail , i receive "Interface message error" and the mail could'nt be oppened. Any idea. ...

DICTIONARY #4
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I once told the spell check to automatically change the word cortisol to cortical every time it sees it. I did that by mistake. I'm a medical writer and need to use the word cortisol often and it keeps changig it automatially to cortical. I can't figure out how to change it back. can you please advise? <inayyal@officeformac.com> wrote: > I once told the spell check to automatically change the word cortisol to > cortical every time it sees it. I did that by mistake. I'm a medical > writer and need to use the ...

Error in CRM
I am getting the following error when trying to ope sales for outlook contacts: Internet Explore Script Error Line: 16 char: 3 Error: Object doesn't support this property or method Code: 0 Url: http://idealcrm/sfa/home_conts.aspx Has anyone seen this? are you running on windows xp service pack2? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21a701c50af3$0d75ecd0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am getting the following error when trying to ope sales > for outlook contacts: > Inter...

help needed error in com dll
i get the following error when i compile my comdll can anybody help. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\ATL\INCLUDE\atlcom.h(1827) : error C2259: 'CComObject<class CGSMModm>' : cannot instantiate abstract class due to following members: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\ATL\INCLUDE\atlcom.h(1823) : while compiling class-template member function 'long __stdcall ATL::CComCreator<class ATL::CComObject<class CGSMModm> >::CreateInstance(void *,const struct _GUID &,vo id ** )' ...

send/receive error #9
when i click on "send button, I get the following error message, The operation failed. An object could not be found. I tried creating a new profile, still no luck. ...

can't open custom dictionary when using Outlook 2000
I get an error message that says i can't open custom dictionary in Outlook 2000, when using Word as the Editor. I can find the custom dictionary on the C: drive, though. The PC is Win 2000. ...

Updating the OWA spell check dictionary
I have a couple of users that use OWA only as their email client. They do spell check before they send out emails and there are a couple of words that always get flagged as mis-spelled when they are not. Does anyone know where the server side dictionary is so I can update the dictionary with proper words so there words always do not get flagged. Most of the words tend to be names of people that they don't want to say ignore. Any help would be helpful. Thanks. On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 23:26:09 -0500, "Jeff" <jelms@deltasolutions.com> wrote: >I have a couple of users that u...