UK/European EFT

I have a client that needs to do EFT in the UK and will need Euro EFT
in the future.  Any product recommendations out there?

Thx,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT
East Coast Dynamics

0
fhamelly (399)

Hi Frank,

Most UK GP customers use the European EFT (EEFT) module which is part of
core GP (enabled in Company Options).  This enables them to process BACS
payments from PM.  The EEFT module (if you haven't reviewed it already)
pretty much sits on top of the Computer Cheques routine and produces an EFT
Payment Register Report which can be modified to print to file.  It does also
populate a table (CM20202) if you want to write your own export app OR use a
3rd party export app (see below).

I understand it that EEFT was written based on integrating with Albany's
eBank product (www.albany.co.uk) however, I'm not so sure they have upgraded
eBank to release 10 yet?  Essentially eBank does away with printing the EFT
Payment Register report to a file and interrogates the CM20202 at run-time to
provide the export file.  It also has Account Number validation against sort
codes and handles foreign and domestic payments etc...Note:  You have to pay
for Albany to provide the export format template based on your clients bank
if you go with their app as your export solution.

Just for clarity - EEFT does not send any files to your bank or BACS, you
would need to do this using your banking software.

On the Sales EFT side of things, the GP module Direct Debits & Refunds (DDR)
can be used in conjunction with EEFT.  Therefore you can manage Direct Debit
Collections and Refunds from RM and SOP transactions.

Things to note with DDR:
-There is no Report to modify to create an output file
-You must use eBank or another 3rd party app (or your own export app method)
to extract the EFT data to a file.
-There were a number of issues with this module on 8.0, 9.0 seems to be much
better (have not used on 10.0 yet).  So testing is recommended.

Something to note is that i'm not sure if European EFT is supported on a US
install (if you are talking about a client that will operate GP in both UK
and US).  You would need to log a call with MS DynamicsGP Support to get
their current stance on this.

I hope some of the above info is of help.

Regards,
Oll

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote:

> I have a client that needs to do EFT in the UK and will need Euro EFT
> in the future.  Any product recommendations out there?
>
> Thx,
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT
> East Coast Dynamics

0
OLL (13)
11/16/2007 6:27:01 PM
Hi Frank, we have a product called EFT Manager that was used by a company in
the UK and supports BACS format.

http://binarystream.com/EFTManager.asp

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote:

> I have a client that needs to do EFT in the UK and will need Euro EFT
> in the future.  Any product recommendations out there?
>
> Thx,
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT
> East Coast Dynamics

0
Darren (170)

Canadian Payroll EFT issue
Our bank is asking us to change the format of out EFT file from the standard HSBC selection to the HSBC (CPA) format. In our company we have multiple accounts we would use depending on what location or type the employee was from, we also had multiple payroll runs. When we would process each run, we would go into the payroll control screen and enter the proper account number to be sued for that payroll, on the next run we change it again and so on. The issue now is that with the CPA format selected for the bank you do not have the option to enter a bank account. You now enter a custom...

Macro button name Normal.NewMacros.UK instead of UK
Hello I'm trying to create a speller language switching macro into Outlook-Word message window toolbar (seems to be tyhe same as Word toolbar) The macro is created into normal.dot and appears to Macro list normally. But when I name Macro as UK, it appears to Toolbar like Normal.NewMacros.UK, when dragged there. Any ideas how to change name on toolbar to UK? XP Pro, Office 2003 Thanks View | Toolbars | Customize. Right-click the button and edit the caption. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power U...

VAT Reduction in UK
Anybody got any thoughts on the easiest/best way to deal with the reduced VAT rate in the UK which applies from Monday 1/12/2008. We have about 6,000 active items in the database all priced VAT inclusive. I realise that we've not got 6,000 items with the wrong price tag on them too. At a cost of about 50p a tag (labour and materials) - HM Govt appears to have just spent about £3,000 of my money. This is help for small businesses? -- JW Watson & Son Retail Jewellers We are releasing a utility by Thursday to handle this: 1- Create a new Sales Tax/Vat 15% 2- Create...

Is there a way to change the effective date on EFT transmit files?
I'm trying to determine if there is a way to adjust the effective date that is located on the transmit file for EFT file transmissions. Our transmit files show the current date as the effective date for our batches. We'd like to see a day or 2 later. I believe the location of this "effective date" is between characters 70 and 75 on the 5 record (company/batch header for all entries). ...

eft for payables conversion from ver. 8
We haveupgraded to version 10 from version 8. It looks as though the eft bank information wasn't updated. Is there any way to get this information from version 8? ...

UK when?
Hi When will MS CRM be available in UK? Or is it already available? Thanks Regards It is already here. "John" <john@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:eMPDTNQxDHA.2452@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > When will MS CRM be available in UK? Or is it already available? > > Thanks > > Regards > > Where can I get more information from and may be test drive? Regards "James Downes" <james@zenduce.net> wrote in message news:un56StXxDHA.3116@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > It is already here. > > > "John" &l...

POS use in the UK
I currently have a system to be used in the UK, can anyone tell me if the system will or will not communicate and if not why? As I said the system is currently in the UK and when trying to settle a transaction it says unable to connect to internet, however it does have internet and the pc itself can connect to the web. Any suggestions will help, Thanks. Are you using Microsoft POS or Microsoft Retail Management System (RMS)? The MS POS is not released in the UK and does not support VAT etc... Microsoft RMS does. If you want to talk about it call me at my office 020 8907 6900 Afshin ...

EFT
We are using EFT to print remittance advice. When the remittance advice continues to the second page the description is not printing. It appears that the field transaction description in ME Pm Payment apply to work file duplicate is equal to null. Does any one have a work around for this problem? Thanks, Mar ...

Pocket PC Money 2004 US to UK date format
Can the date on the POCKET version be amended to the UK date format dd/mm/yy? Have changed the control panel/regional settings to UK - which seems to work for all other dates except those on Pocket Money. Thanks Blue Sorry no. You will have to learn to love the US format! ;-) -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "bluebrown" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1aa501c3f80c$e5c19170$3501280a@phx.gbl... > >...

Special offer on exams for UK customers at Allitcertkiller.co.uk
Special offer on exams for UK customers at http://www.Allitcertkiller.co.uk ...

UK keyboard layout driver?
XP Pro, SP3 A friend who is new to computers was puzzled that he couldn't access the @ sign and kept getting " instead. I explained that he had his comp configured for a US keyboard. Went into Regional Settings but found there was not a UK option for Input Language or keyboard layout. Have done a bit of Googling but the only solutions I can find involve some kind of registry hack. Tried MS Knowledge Base but nothing obvious there. Is there a site that simply allows you to download and install a UK keyboard layout driver? On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 09:10:30 +0100...

EFT For Payables Needs To Include Invoice Number In Transmission
We use EFT For Payables. The problem with it is that the invoices number(s) paid do not get transmitted to the vendors. We therefore have to send them an e-mail, which limits our usage of the EFT For Payables. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://w...

Australian, UK payroll
Do Australian and/or UK payroll modules implemented in Dynamics GP ? Thanks Boris ------=_NextPart_0001_FD6E8E38 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Boris I can't talk about UK, but in Australia most Payroll solutions are separate applications (eg. MicroPay) which are integrated at the payables or GL level, usually with Integrated Manager. Sadly, there is no integrated Dexterity based solution that is suitable for Australian conditions. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynami...

Money 2005 UK to Money 2005 Financial Suite UK
Hi, I've been running the standard UK version of Money 2005 on 64-bit Vista Business with no problems. I've just got a copy of the UK version of Money 2005 Financial Suite, and have installed it - as far as I can tell, the installation proceeded normally. However, now I can't open any of my Money files. When I try, it tells me it needs to convert them, then says that it can't find the file it's trying to convert or that it may be read-only or I may not have permissions to access it. I'm running Money as administrator. Should I have completely uninstalled the ...

US Version with UK Stock??
Hi all, I have the US version of MSM05, but I would like to track my UK AIM investments. Is there a way? Thanks, Ivan Should be possible. Certainly is the other way around. When adding the investment, put the symbol in, prefixing it with GB: and Money should find the details. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email r...

European/UK release
Hi Does anybody know if Microsoft set a European/UK release date yet? And is these an evaluation version available outside the US? Thanks Contact www.retailrealm.co.uk the should be able to help you. "Lee Smith" <Lee Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5FDD56B0-BA5B-4F82-9B53-51BA310C0D87@microsoft.com... > Hi > Does anybody know if Microsoft set a European/UK release date yet? > > And is these an evaluation version available outside the US? > > Thanks > ...

EFT for PM and Canadian Credit Unions
Has anyone created a file layout for CPA0005 Std format.. the existing list of banks are nowhere close to this format. We've created layouts for other banks and can easily create a new layout. Feel free to call and discuss. Darren 604.444.9213 "lk" wrote: > Has anyone created a file layout for CPA0005 Std format.. the existing list > of banks are nowhere close to this format. > > hello, I am looking to use EFT with Laurentian bank. Can you help. "Darren" wrote: > We've created layouts for other banks and can easily create a new layo...

RMS for UK
Does this product support UK market? Yes it does. I'm sure there are many other partners in the UK, but try http://www.retailrealm.co.uk for a start... -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Suresh Parmar" <Suresh Parmar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:679546F1-BFF2-4CA1-9530-3BE8C4D5BD04@microsoft.com... > Does this product support U...

UK Spellchecker
I've got a frustrating little problem here. Outlook keeps using its US dictionary when spellchecking even though I've got all regional settings and options set to UK dictionary as default. When I create a new email message it always looks at the UK dictionary except for the subject line which still addresses the US. All incoming messages and replies look at the US dictionary also. Is this a bug or is there a further setting somewhere I'm missing? I'm using Word to spellcheck and it's also set to English (UK). Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Solved my o...

Change search provider to uk?
Since reinstalling Win XP I have lost the ability in IE8 to search from the top right 'search' area with 'Google.co.uk'. It will only allow 'Google.com'. I have tried to add it via: "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "General" "Settings" > "Search" > "Find more search providers". But that doesn't work. One use to be able to "Add a search provider" but that option seems to have disappeared (It's still in the help file!) The only option now seems to be, "F...

Outlook -> SMS in the UK
Hi, I'd like to add a rule to my inbox, that will send an SMS to my mobile when particular e-mails arrive. There seems plenty of US add-ins that will do this, but I've yet to find something in the UK. It seems easy enough to find stuff that will let you send an SMS via Outlook, but only interactively, not via a rule. I use Outlook 2002 on XP Pro, and my SMS provider is O2. Many thanks for any help Regards Nigel ...

EFT Generation Locking Up
We occasionally are having problems with our EFT File Generation locking up. It basically generates part of the file and then dies. The problem is that Great Plains thinks the file was successfully generated and won't allow us to create it again. The batch does not show up in the File Generation List. We have been testing on our development server with changing the ME234602 and ME234603 tables to try and allow us to rerun the EFT File Generation but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know what table we need to modify to be able to rerun an EFT File Generation? I found a Knowl...

Spell check UK-US
Is there a way to have some files checked with a UK spelling checker, while others spell check with a US spelling checker? - - - jzis ...

uk calendar
silly question this - but how do I revert from US to UK calendar? Control Panel > Regional settings. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "jacobite" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43c801c3fedc$a76ca000$a301280a@phx.gbl... > silly question this - but how do I revert from US to UK > calendar? thanks - but I may be being really stupid... but I don't see any 'control panel'... and there ...

Importing EFT information
Does anyone have any idea how to get Vendor EFT information into the new EFT Window in GP 10.0? I know there is a new table SY06000 which holds all this data, but I am not sure how to import data into it? SQL2005 documentation says we can import data from and Excel source, but that is all it says, because the instructions only take you part way there any thing I have tried doesn't work. Thanks if any one can help! Debra ...