Two Instance of GP with Different SQL Colations

Hi,

I have installed two instance of GP pointing to two different SQL
Collations
The problem I facing is, One Colation is Arabic Binary and another is
1256CI_AS.
When I change my regional settings to English, then I am getting
problems in another GP with different colation settings.
Please help me to sort out this issue ASAP
0
majid.rs (8)

A SQL Server collation defines how the database engine stores and operates on
character and Unicode data. After data has been moved into an application (GP
in this case), however, character sorts and comparisons done in the
application are controlled by the Windows locale selected on the computer.
The collation used for character data by applications is one of the items
controlled by the Windows locale (a locale also defines other items, such as
number, time, date, and currency formats).

If you change your locale settings to English, you will be forcing Dynamics
GP to switch to a different collation or code page not supported by your
database, hence the error you are getting.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Dynamics Guru" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed two instance of GP pointing to two different SQL
> Collations
> The problem I facing is, One Colation is Arabic Binary and another is
> 1256CI_AS.
> When I change my regional settings to English, then I am getting
> problems in another GP with different colation settings.
> Please help me to sort out this issue ASAP

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
8/18/2008 3:08:00 PM
Dear MG,

Thanks for your reply.

I agree that, what should I do to avoid this error message
0
majid.rs (8)
8/19/2008 9:57:46 AM
Do not switch your Windows Locale.

Best regards,
--

"Dynamics Guru" wrote:

> Dear MG,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I agree that, what should I do to avoid this error message

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

synchiing two computers?

SBS 2008 Backups
Our SBS 2008 server backs-up daily to an external USB HDD. That disk is now nearing full so we are about to replace it with a larger disk. My question is how do I take the existing old backups off the current disk and put them onto the new disk? I want to retain the older backups but retire the current disk, not retain it. Hope you can assist Ian Ian W wrote: >Our SBS 2008 server backs-up daily to an external USB HDD. That disk is now >nearing full so we are about to replace it with a larger disk. > >My question is how do I take the existing old backups off t...

Reprinting a different format
I have a problem reprinting large format receipts. My register prints to a small printer automatically and then question the cashier if they want the large format receipt as well. Now thats all fine and dandy but I can't get it to print a duplicate large format. When I tell it to print to printer2, it prints the 40 column printer format. When I look at items in the journal it also shows as the 40 column printer. Does anyone know how i can get two copies of my large format receipt? In Manager, go to Database|Registers|Receipt Formats. Select the receipt you want to duplicate and cl...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

SQL syntax error 01-03-08
Hi, I got this error ("syntax error") when execute my SQL statement (UPDATE tblPrice SET UnitPrice = " & curPrice WHERE ProductID=25) in my client, I figured out that the regional setting trigger this error, because curPrice variable contain 13,45 (so they use coma instead of point = 13.45) follow the local regionall setting. How to overcome this issue? I still want to use local regional setting. TIA Yanto hi, yanto wrote: > I got this error ("syntax error") when execute my SQL statement > (UPDATE tblPrice SET UnitPrice = " & curPrice WHERE Prod...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

How to have different environments in same server
We need to have different environments to deployment: demo, development, and production. Is there any way to deploy different environment in the same server, using for example, different SQL Server Instances, and different IIS Virtual Servers? This just isn't possible. Only one Crm instance can be installed per server. The way to setup this up on one hardware box is to use Virtual PC or Virtual server. And just create a new virtual image for each environment you want to use. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "P.Igualada" wrote: &g...

Opening separate instances of Excel
How can I force open new instances of Excel each time I open a new file? Will, This will not open a new instance of Excel each time you open a new file, but it will create a new window in the taskbar. Is that what you are after? Tools | Options | View | Windows in Taskbar Regards, Kevin "Will" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03d301c39a7d$cf0003a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I force open new instances of Excel each time I > open a new file? Thanks Kevin, but I really am looking to open new instances of Excel each time I open a fil...

Importing sales to GP with (neg) (pos)
We are running in to a issue with the Great plains and RMS When we do a return sale on an item and make a positive sale in same transaction. the Great plains Does not acceppt transaction and errors out. This is confussing to us on way these are booth Microsoft products and no fix for this. and no one has any idea on hom ...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

Different Currencies
I have Money 2004 (want to ugrade). I have recently moved to Germany and would like to start keeping my accounts in the Euro but notice that it will not allow me to. Only allows USA and Canadian currency. It seems to require me to convert to one of these currencies. I want to upgrade but I'm not wasting my money if I can't keep my accounts in Euros. Does anyone know if there is a way of changing the currency to Euro. Thanks You should be able to create new accounts denominated in Euros. I suspect you are correct that a US version will not let you default to Euros. Not being a...

SOP Blank Picking Ticket Order Entered in GP 8.0
After converted from GP7.5 to GP 8.0, I found that the system using a new picking list form called "SOP Blank Picking Ticket Order Entered" which is totally different than the one "SOP Blank Picking Ticket" I used at version 7.5. During printing, I have "Bin not found" message printed at the following line of each inventory item. How can I get rid of this annoying additional line. We do not assign the bin to each item. I tried to remove the "SOP Blank Picking Ticket Order Entered" from Modified report list and import the form I used at 7.5 but ...

Find two PCI instance but load Init() one time
Hi all, I'm developing a stream interface driver for my PCI device under WinCE 6.0 and this driver works very well currently. Now, I got a problem when testing two the same PCI devices with my stream driver. The registry can find two PCI instances (i.e. PCI\Instance\mydrv1, PCI\ Instance\mydrv2) but system only call my XXX_init() one time. Does anyone know what the problem is? The following information is my registry setting: ================================================================== [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\mydrv] "Dll"="myd...

How to open different files in different excel windows
If I select different excel files all are opened at the same excel window, I want to open each file in each excel window, how can I do it? Hi Roger, Are you trying to view two files in the same window at the same time? If so, While both files are maximized go to the upper right corner of the screen and click the Minimize button. If you still only see one file and it is reduced, drag the first file over and check that your second file is not hiding behind it. Hope you understand this. Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816&...

Total Failure of CRM/SQL
I am (was) running CRM 1.2 and SQL 2000 SP3 on the same box when CRM started acting funny and finally i couldn't access the web interface anymore. The box was still running (W2K3)so I backed up the databases with NT backup. Now, i rebuilt the server and have tried unsuccessfully to restore the CRM data following the IG. Any thoughts? Thanks. Do you have a backup of the sql database? If you have a backup of the database you can restore and do a reinstall of CRM, dont try to restore the crm program as well. Just restore the database, install CRM and point it to the database. >-...

SQL Questions
Hi, i am from Spain, excuse my Inglish I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 1) can I install SQL 2000 Standard Edition? 2) Can I downgrade SQL 2008 Standard Edition licences to SQL 2000 Enterprise? 3) Need Windows 2003 R2 x64 SQL Enterprise Edition or can i install the SQL Standard? Thanks for all and excuse again my Inglish ZIDAC (ZIDAC@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 > > 1) can I install SQL 2000 Standard Edition? Yes. You will get a message saying that SQL 2000 RTM is not supported on Win2003, but that you need to insta...

What's the Difference Between This NG and microsoft.public.excel.misc?
See Subject. -- W. eWatson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/> Hi, You are posting to the microsoft.public.excel so I'm not sure what you mean by the subject line? your's ends in .m which I don't think is a legal site. The microsoft Excel newgroup area has many sub-areas dealing with: Functions General Questions New users Charts Excel Application Errors Programming ...

Comparing two lists for matches
Hi, I am trying to do the following: There are two sets of supplier lists - A List and B List. I need to compare the two lists. Source A is my master. Source B is a subset of that but has contact information for all the suppliers. Hence, my goal is to retrieve the contact information from Source B and match it to the suppliers of Source A. The above can be easliy achieved using a vlookup funtion. But the problem is that some of the supplier names in the two lists are not exact matches. Hence, vlookup does not catch it. For instance, a supplier is listed as ABC Inc. in A list and as ABC, inc....

Cannot connect to SQL 2000 AS SP 3 cube from Excel 2000
I have a user who is using Excel 2000 SP 3 to connect to cubes created in SQL 2000 AS SP 3. The user does have permissions to browse to the cube. Originally I could not even connect to the cube itself, nor did I have the OLAP 8.0 provider. I tried all the Office updates, and per a newsgropu tip, I installed the pivot table service (SQL2000 CD \msolap\install\PTS\ptslite.exe). I can connect to the cube from his computer from Excel, but if I create a spreadsheet elsewhere using that cube, his laptop will not open the cube to run queries. Any suggestions? -- *******************...

Compare two lists of names
Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the other is first name last? try this formual: =RIGHT(TRIM(E2),LEN(E2)-FIND(" ",E2))&" "&TRIM(LEFT(TRIM(E2),FIND(" ",E2))) it will convert First name last name to last name, first name or Visa versa. then you can compare your lists. "ea" wrote: > Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the > other is first name last? ...

Two copies of all Mailboxes
Using my sbs2003 srver with exchange 2003 installed - I notice two copies of all users mail box in the list of mailboxes using outlook 2003 on the same server. When I try to close these I get an error syaing mail boxes in use. I cn not remove them. Can you tell me how to remove these so I have just on mail box visible per user? thx Kevin Cain Class TECHNOLOGY ...