two 9.0 GP systems going to one 10.0 GP system

I have to different 9.0 GP systems  (call the oldest one A and the newest one
B) that I need to merge into one system but should I update one of the system
(B)  to 10.0 then bring the other system data (A)  over or should I update
both systems then bring system A's data into system B.
system A is really old (1999 data is still in it) and System B is only about
3 years old.
any words of wisdom from the professionals?

You'll need to upgrade both databases to 10.0 because 10.0 introduced
some additiional fields in tables that weren't present in the 9.0
database.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
6/17/2010 12:13:17 AM
Hi Julie,

So many more questions come to mind. Are you trying to combine two different
installations? Are the account frameworks the same? Are you just wanting to
take the company databases from A and add them to B, or are you actually
trying to merge two companies into one?

Kind regards,

Leslie

"Julie Rupp" wrote:

> I have to different 9.0 GP systems  (call the oldest one A and the newest one
> B) that I need to merge into one system but should I update one of the system
> (B)  to 10.0 then bring the other system data (A)  over or should I update
> both systems then bring system A's data into system B.
> system A is really old (1999 data is still in it) and System B is only about
> 3 years old.
> any words of wisdom from the professionals?
the two systems are similar in structure.  I was just going to pull over open
AR, open AR and open GL balances, open POs etc through integration manager.
History would stay on system A.
I have integrationed several divisions onto System B already (leaving
history in the legacy system) but my concern is pulling 9.0 data into 10.0.
Thanks so much for your help.

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> Hi Julie,
>
> So many more questions come to mind. Are you trying to combine two different
> installations? Are the account frameworks the same? Are you just wanting to
> take the company databases from A and add them to B, or are you actually
> trying to merge two companies into one?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Leslie
>
> "Julie Rupp" wrote:
>
> > I have to different 9.0 GP systems  (call the oldest one A and the newest one
> > B) that I need to merge into one system but should I update one of the system
> > (B)  to 10.0 then bring the other system data (A)  over or should I update
> > both systems then bring system A's data into system B.
> > system A is really old (1999 data is still in it) and System B is only about
> > 3 years old.
> > any words of wisdom from the professionals?
You can certainly "pull" 9.0 data into 10 without updating your 9.0 system.
You can use Integration Manager to retrieve the data from your 9.0
environment using a SQL Server datasource, so long you are clear on your
objectives, which in this case seem like just beginning balances.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Julie Rupp" wrote:

> the two systems are similar in structure.  I was just going to pull over open
> AR, open AR and open GL balances, open POs etc through integration manager.
> History would stay on system A.
> I have integrationed several divisions onto System B already (leaving
> history in the legacy system) but my concern is pulling 9.0 data into 10.0.
> Thanks so much for your help.
>
> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
>
> > Hi Julie,
> >
> > So many more questions come to mind. Are you trying to combine two different
> > installations? Are the account frameworks the same? Are you just wanting to
> > take the company databases from A and add them to B, or are you actually
> > trying to merge two companies into one?
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Leslie
> >
> > "Julie Rupp" wrote:
> >
> > > I have to different 9.0 GP systems  (call the oldest one A and the newest one
> > > B) that I need to merge into one system but should I update one of the system
> > > (B)  to 10.0 then bring the other system data (A)  over or should I update
> > > both systems then bring system A's data into system B.
> > > system A is really old (1999 data is still in it) and System B is only about
> > > 3 years old.
> > > any words of wisdom from the professionals?

Assign values for one column to another.
Hi I have in column T certain numbers and texts that that I require to assign a value to as below, in the adjacent column. Again any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow T U 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 0 10 F 10 UR 10 U 10 R 10 S 10 L 10 P 10 PU 10 BD 10 D 10 Well, imagine that two-column table occupies cells Y1:Z20. Put this formula in U1: =3DVLOOKUP(T1,Y$1,Z$20,2,0) and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 14, 4:26=A0pm, Celticshadow <Celticsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > >...

synchiing two computers?

crashed system
My HP computer crashed (XP) and we were able to extract the hard drive which is okay. We want to extract the outlook data to transfer to the new box. Critical is address book, historical saved in and out box, and calendar. Does anyone know the file names that would contain this information so that we could extract only those files from the hundreds that our on the old hard drive Thanks Larry ..pab is personal address book and .pst is personal folders. The other items are stored on the server from where u get your mail connected to. >-----Original Message----- >My HP comput...

Extra copy of MS Money Plus Deluxe available 04-01-10
Knowing that Microsoft was going to stop selling Money I bought 2 copies for my 2 computers. I had forgotten that you can install one copy on 2 different computers so I find myself with an unused copy. I paid $39.99 and am going to post it on eBay but figured I'd list it here first as a number of people have said their copy was expiring. If you're interested please contact me (garbanzo99 at gmail). I have the unused product key good for installation on up to 2 computers. If your copy is or will expire I can supply you with the key. If you need the program file I hav...

office 2003 & acrobat 5.0
We currently use acrobat 5.0 for emailing great plains reports. After installing office 2003, it didn't "like" the Adobe PDFMaker add-in installed. The result is you have to either update to Acrobat 6.0 or rename all occurrences of the Adobe Acrobat add-in for your Office 2003 program. Does anyone know for sure what version of Acrobat will work with both office 2003 and for producing great plains pdf business forms? Or is there another way out of this? Thanks. ...

Error Code 80070490 03-22-10
I've tried understanding all the other posts with the same problem but I'm not computer smart at all and I'm completely lost. I have Windows Vista and I've read that you have to restore your system to fix this problem, but first off I have absolutely no idea how to do that, second, I just have way too much stuff on my computer that I can't imagine losing. I'm fine with restoring my system if someone could help me figure out how, and if someone could tell me someway I could save all my stuff, or move it and put it back on after. I have mostly software that ...

Missing sections in CRM 3.0 using XP
I have upgraded my computer to XP PRO Sp2 and now I'm missing some sections, namely Setting on the left side of the screen. The Setting menu is in the GOTO menu but it doesn't work. I get a blank screen. Also the Articles function is missing in the NEW Menu. I can go to another computer running WIN2KPro and it works fine. I'm pretty sure it's just a setting in the Internet Options of IE but I have compared and don't notice a difference. Yes, I have turned off the local firewall. Ernest ------=_NextPart_0001_7245F7CE Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encod...

Project 2007 04-11-10
I am trying to print a budget report, for some reason it continues to sort by ID even though I have specified to sort by wbs, the wbs column is not even showing up. How do I get rid of the ID column in the report print preview and sort the tasks by wbs? Not sure how you're asking it to sort, but here's what works for me: 1) Select the report, then Edit. Go to the sort tab, then choose WBS in the Sort By options. If that doesn't work for you, let me know. 2) You'll note in the Definition Tab of the Report that it is being pulled from the Cost table. Simple a...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

sell cvv + transfer + ship + dumps + track 1&2...all country ! 08-22-10
Hello all !! I'm seller cvv from Viet Nam Contact me: - Email: khaisell******.com.vn - Y!m: khaisell us (visa , master) = 2 $ us (amex , dis) = 4 $ us (full) = 20$ us card with DOB = 10$ ====== uk (visa , master) = 5 $ uk (amex , dis ) = 10 $ uk (with dob) = 20$ uk (full) = 40$ ====== EU Italia = 18$ Germany = Sweden = 18$ Spain = 18$ I'm seller cvv from Viet Nam Contact me: - Email: khaisell******.com.vn - Y!m: khaisell us (visa , master) = 2 $ us (amex , dis) = 4 $ us (full) = 20$ us card with DOB = 10$ ====== uk (visa , master) = 5 $ uk (amex , di...

MIN & AVERAGE ignore 0
I am trying to get min & average 0n cells G5,K5,O5,S5W5,AA5,AE5,AI5,AM5,AQ5,AU5,AY5,BC5,BG5,BK5,BO5,BS5,BW5,CA5,CE5,CI5,CM5,CQ5,CU5,CY5,DC5,DG5,DK5,DO5,DS5,DW5,EA5,EE5,EI5,EM5,EQ5,EU5,EY5,FC5,FG5,FK5,FO5,FS5,FW5,GA5,GE5,GI5,GM5,GQ5,GU5,GY5,HC5, all these cells have zero,s until data is entered on seperate work sheets these cells im trying to min or average = 52 weeks so i want the min & average to be calculated as each weeks data is entered can anyone please help I TRIED ALOT OF DIFFERENT FORMULAS BUT I CAN,T GET IT TO WORK Mike For the average, it might be useful to h...

Mora than one Domain Exchange 2003
Hello! i have instaled an exchange 2003 and i need to use two domain, so the first domain works fine but now i need to use one of the user with another domain. Before this exchange 2003 i was running exchange 5.5 with both domains without any problems. Pls can anybody help me? Many thanks!!! Hi! Yes, the user that use the second domain needs that domain (the second) to be their primary (in fact the only) email adress. Thanks!! Martin. "PhilE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:F5FF4465-9DF5-4094-B679-776DEBCC8391@microsoft.com... > Does...

Where did my highlight feature go?
I updated to Office 2003 (student/teacher) editon and noticed that my highlighter icon is missing. I have it checked off in tools, options, highlight but still it will not appear. It does appear however if I open Word, but not in Outlook. Any suggestions? Thanks Gisele Set Word as your e-mail editor in Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Gisele" <Gisele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

All Replies from One Account Regardless of Which Received
I have two accounts set up in Outlook 2007. I want to receive mail via one but when I hit reply have OL automatically use the other. I have already set the other as the default account in TOOLS-- ACCOUNT SETTINGS. Is this possible and if so how? No it is not possible automatically. Outlook used the receiving account = to send by default. You would need to change it manually for each item = you send (use the Accounts button). --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, BigK asked: | I have two acco...

Select cheques
When you are building a batch of cheques for one creditor and you add to the batch several payments the payments print out on seperate remittances even though you have specified to print one cheque per creditor. You have to go to edit payments to put all the payments on the one remittance advice. Can this additional funtionality be added to this screen. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

[evc++3.0] jpg, dialog, url, ppc
Hi, How can i display at run-time inside a dialog a jpg with its url (for pocket pc) ? No problm through IE for PPC but the result ain't "pro"... Thanks Zak Maybe you can user CPiture class (wrapper arround IPicture), written by Paul Dilascia, it works with JPG, GIFF y BITMAP. Check this link: Displaying a JPG in your MFC Application http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/10/c/ I don't know if CPicture works in evc++ 3.0. -- Rodrigo Corral Gonz�lez microsoft.public.es.vc FAQ http://vcfaq.europe.webmatrixhosting.net thanks Rodrigo, i've found a way &...

where did the tools menu go for excell 2007?
I cannot find the tools menu for excell 2007. There is no Tools menu in Excel 2007. All of those commands have been redistributed elsewhere! See if this helps: http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBB7CE96-053F-4BFC-BE4A-2257B8F46B7E@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the tools menu for excell 2007. Hi Terry, Many of the commands are under File (Office Button), Excel Options ... Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

0 values further issue
Hi Guys I have used =IF(Original!C33="","",Original!C33) to avoid pulling 0 numbers across but I have come across a secondary problem where =IF(A33>0,VLOOKUP(A33,'New Labour Standards'!$B$6:$C$990,2,FALSE)," ") and other formula on the same row beggining with =IF(A33>0 are now displaying #n/a entries. I want these entries blank if a33 is blank Thanks Brian Change them to: =IF(OR(A33="",A33<=0),"",VLOOKUP(A33,'New Labour Standards'!$B$6:$C $990,2,FALSE)) Note that I have made it "" rather than " &q...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

Find two PCI instance but load Init() one time
Hi all, I'm developing a stream interface driver for my PCI device under WinCE 6.0 and this driver works very well currently. Now, I got a problem when testing two the same PCI devices with my stream driver. The registry can find two PCI instances (i.e. PCI\Instance\mydrv1, PCI\ Instance\mydrv2) but system only call my XXX_init() one time. Does anyone know what the problem is? The following information is my registry setting: ================================================================== [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\mydrv] "Dll"="myd...