turning off the posting of commissions

Hello:

We have just finished implementing GP 10.0 at a client, and they are
finishing the entry in receivables of the open customer receivables documents.

If possible, they would prefer that the posting of this batch of open
documents does not update the commission amounts in the sales territory and
salesperson tables (windows) in GP.  If this happens, they will have to
manually go into these windows and zero-out or adjust where necessary these
YTD commission amounts.  You see, they have already paid these commissions to
their salespeople in their old system and do not want the new system (GP)
updated with this data.

I don't suppose that there is a way to turn off the posting to the territory
and salespeople tables, is there?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

Disregard....I figured it out....

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> We have just finished implementing GP 10.0 at a client, and they are
> finishing the entry in receivables of the open customer receivables documents.
>
> If possible, they would prefer that the posting of this batch of open
> documents does not update the commission amounts in the sales territory and
> salesperson tables (windows) in GP.  If this happens, they will have to
> manually go into these windows and zero-out or adjust where necessary these
> YTD commission amounts.  You see, they have already paid these commissions to
> their salespeople in their old system and do not want the new system (GP)
> updated with this data.
>
> I don't suppose that there is a way to turn off the posting to the territory
> and salespeople tables, is there?
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

Project Accounting Posting Code Problems
I am currently using GP 7.5 (about to upgrade to 8.0) and am having posting code problems within Project Accounting. Posting codes for specific projects will disappear at random times and seem to go away without connection to any maintenance utilities being fun. The codes are re-populated but sometimes fail to "stick" as they are later deleted. This happens to different accounts usually for fixed price projects types and to a lessor extent time & materials project types. Posting codes deleted also seem to not have a pattern. This phenomenon began after upgrading to GP7.5...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Posted Using Giganews.com
This was posted using Giganews.com server. Lee Seele Lee Steele wrote: > This was posted using Giganews.com server. > > Lee Seele Looking good. Some of us have been using non-MS servers all the time. :-) Bo Persson Bo Persson wrote: > Lee Steele wrote: > > This was posted using Giganews.com server. > > > > Lee Seele > > Looking good. > > > Some of us have been using non-MS servers all the time. :-) I preferred using msnews.microsoft.com as some NNTP servers filter content, and not all have reciproca...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

post card mail merge print
When I try to print my mail merged postcards, only 2 cards print (two 4x4 cards), then the print locks up and stops. Publisher locks up and I have to exit out (and send error report to MS). This makes it difficult to print a 350 mail list! What is the data source for the mail merge info? Creating a .csv file from the data source and using that is generally the most successful way of doing a mail merge. -- Ron Cohen "kay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a48a01c466ba$fbf9d160$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print my mail merged postcard...

How turn turn off warnings
I have a form which contains a button to run an update query. When clicking the button, it warns of running an update query to which one must respond "Yes". Then it informs you that it is going to update x number of records to which one must again respond "Yes". I have used macros in the past to turn off and then back on these warnings, but lately I have tried to write the code instead of macros. What would be the code for this? For reference, this is what I have right now: Private Sub UpdateMPS_Button_Click() On Error GoTo Err_UpdateMPS_Button_Click Dim stDocN...

How to turn Off and On the pesky Office Assistant?
I want to try to live without the Office Assistant. How can I turn it off? If I find I must have it, how do I turn it back on? Thanks, tmb Right clck the office assistant and select Options. Options that are selected cause the office assistant to display, so the more options you deselect, the less times the little guy will show up. You will probably want to leave "REspond to F1 Key" selected (checked), so that you know you can always recall office assistant by pressing F1. Judy Freed "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MLfLb.219948$%h4.209554...

Turn off Client message server side
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? Which message is this? On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:40:17 -0500, "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote: >I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers >on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages >through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? > > ...

Outlook is running in the background. How do I turn it off?
Outlook is running in the bckground. Don't know why or how. How do I stop it? Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. (activesync, iTunes, etc.) 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new mail and fire reminders. 6. Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan i...

Post 5.5 to 03 Migration Displays wrong Administrative Group in AD
Hello I have a unique problem. We migrated 1 Exchange 5.5 server (Exchange site 5.5 1)to Exchange 2000SP3 and 2 Servers running 5.5 (Exchange Sites 2 & 3) to Exchange 2003 Our WIndows server topology is this One root domain, two child domains 1 Exchange 2000 server in 1 Child domain 2 Exchange 2003 Servers in the second Child domai The Exchange migration track we followed was this The First Child Domain performed an in place upgrade from 5.5 to 0 The Second Child domain (2 Exchange 5.5 Servers 2 Sites) performed an upgrade method in which we installed an Exchange 03 Server into Each 5....

Change posting account to fixed allocation account?
Is there a way to change an existing GL posting account into a fixed allocation account? Trying in a test company but can't make it work. I've cleared everyting out of the existing account and manually changed the account type in GL00100 to 3 and then added distribution info to GL00103 but there still seems to be another missing link. Under fixed allocation maintenance the original account still says it is not a fixed allocation account. GP10, SP3. Thanks. You appear to be doing this at the database level. Why? Use the UI so all of the business logic and program lo...

Turn on!
As known to us, Exchange 2003 SP2 support enhanced SenderID. How can I turn on SPFResult(apposing Urgency,SenderID,SCL and so on)on the top bar of Outlook 2003? Thanks a lot! KejiaLi,coming from Beijing,China ...

Outlook Attachment bloking
How to Turn Off the Outlook 2000 E-mail Attachment Security Update ? Is the the file with all "Unsafe" extentions ? Is it a REGISTRY KEY ? I use Exchange Server 5.5 - Outlook on front end I need to be able to open some extention - Outlook blokes the "unsafe" files attached. Old version of Outlook DO allow atachments, new, with sp3 (sp2, sp1) do block it automaticaly ! How do I change it ? Thank you, Gon http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "gon" <stafing123@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0c7201c3db8b$bac3b130$a501280a@...

First Posting
This is my very first posting, So no need to respond. Thanks sendmeit@freedesktopscreen.com Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- http://www.usenet.com ...

Post SP1: Resource mailbox notice to delegate not working
We recently implemented SP1 on our Exchange 2003 server and much to our dismay, the meeting requests to our resource mailboxes (i.e., projectors, conference rooms), stopped working. Nothing on the mailbox was changed in the delegates settings, so the only conclusion we can draw is something occurred with the implementation of SP1. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it? ...

Turning off read receipts once turned on
In Outlook 2000 (configured for CW), the first time an e- mail is opened with a read receipt request, you have a pop-up option to sned a receipt everytime you get a read receipt request. If this is turned on, how can you turn it back off? Going into the Tools>Options>E-mail Options>Tracking Options does not allow you to change your preference once you have accepted read receipts. Neither does reinstalling office. Any suggestions? ...

Turn Over Report
I am not an Accountant or Inventory Manager, how would I interpret or what should I be looking for when I read a Turn Over Report? What are the benefits? Where does the Number Of Receipts (are adjustments included?), Quantity Received YTD, Average Inventory, Quantity Sold YTD Number Of Turns YTD, Annual Turns derive from? "tstrop" wrote: > I am not an Accountant or Inventory Manager, how would I interpret or what > should I be looking for when I read a Turn Over Report? What are the benefits? The turnover report reports the number of times your inventory is replaced, ...

How do i turn it off
Hi, Im using office 2003 and if a click and hold the left mouse button an move the cursor out of the cell and release the mouse button the cell stay highlighted and follow me around the worksheet. Is there anyway to change this so that when i release the mouse butto the cells de-highligh -- ceem ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ceemo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1065 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37384 Does it work properly if you release the mouse button, and th...

How do I turn off the caps lock on a form?
Hi - I added a new field to my Form, but the default for the form seems to be only CAPS. I need this new filed to have both upper and lower case letters (as well as numbers). Thanks Hi Linda, Where are you seeing only CAPS? If the new control is a textbox, when the user types in the textbox, does the entry format as all caps? Are you seeing caps in design view of the form? Jeanette Cunningham "Linda Davies" <Linda Davies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AB3DB52-2D7B-4272-884A-63D37E94E8A9@microsoft.com... > Hi - I added a new field to my Form, but ...

Search Post by user
Is it possible to improve this discussion forum to allow users who have logged in to view only posts which they created? Perhaps in the drop down box where it says All Threads, Answered Questions etc, could there be another option called 'My Posts Only' and only the posts which I created could appear. Unless you can remember the title of the post to type it into to the seach bar or when the post was created you end up having to check every page. To find one of mine I had to go through 26 pages. There needs to be an easier way. Darren ---------------- This post is a...

turn off mirror
Hi - I'm trying to create a duplex business card but any changes made to the text are being 'mirrored' or repeated on the 1st page. Both sides need to have different info on them. Does anyone know how to stop Pub. from mirroring ? .. thanks Interesting!!! What version of Publisher are you using? -- >-----Original Message----- >Interesting!!! > >What version of Publisher are you using? > >-- >Pub 2000 > >. > Yeah, read/search the HELP file and it will tell you how to turn off the Synchronising in Publisher 2000. That feature was only in P...