Turn off Autogenerate account description

I found out there isn't a way to turn off the autogenerate account
description through Customer Source.  I would like to add this as a
suggestion for future release where I can click a button and it'll not
autogenerate the account description for me.

It's a nice feature, but it doesn't work for my intent.

I understand that the autogenerate account description comes from the
account segment list, however, my account segment list doesn't do the account
description any justice b/c I have 5 segments, and the names can be long, so
GP will truncate it, but not where I want to truncate it so the acct
description won't make any sense anymore.

Thanks,
Who''s Calling, Inc
Financial Reporting Manager

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7086c335-ac89-484a-9c2d-fd46026d06b3&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
V (85)

How to permanently redirect an exchange smtp email account to third party address.
I have been successful with creating a server side outlook rule that will redirect all inbound email and also delete it. This is fine but the email ends up in the profiles sent folder and deleted items. Attempting to add the "delete permanetly" rule does not work because the rule is client based, and we dont want the outlook client to be running permanetly. This account is not managed and I do not want to have to manually log in and clean it out eventually. In the UNIX world Its a simple creation of an alias... Again how would I create an email redirect within Exchange without t...

some replies come from default account
Some email replies from me come from the address to which the email was sent and others come from my default address. For example if I reply to a message that came to kozmo@thisaddress.com, the reply comes from kozmo@defaultaddress.com. I can change it manually for each reply but that's a pain and if I forget to it's a problem. Not all messages behave this way. Some come from the correct "reply from" address. I can't figure out what the difference is for those that come from the correct address. I'm using OL2000 on XP, Internet Mail Only. Any ideas what'...

Account not appearing in Trial Balance Report
Hi Everyone An account detail is not appearing in Summary and Detail trial balance report. I can see the account and balance in Detail Inquiry. I tried all the options in Report. The account is active too. Thanks and regards Jacob you can try this: 1. please create a new user and give it access on the same company. login as the new user and try to print the same report. it may have something to do with modified reports. 2. are you using a different regional settings (specifically date format) other than US English? "Jack" wrote: > Hi Everyone > An account detail...

Moving exchange2k3 server machine account from default OU to another...
Hi all. I have an win2k3 std sp1 server with exchange2k3 std sp2 on it. The computer account of the server sits in the default Computers OU, and i want to move it to another computer OU for policy purposes. I have a 2k AD. I understand that this move should go without a problem, maybe a restart of the services afterwards? I'm not going to move any of the objects in the Microsoft Exchange System Objects OU, just the computer account. Any problems that might occur, and would those potential problems be ok if i just move it back to the default OU? -- Gripe On Fri, 19 May 2006 ...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

Account clean up/merge failure
I recently brought a free-standing domain up to 2003/AD. Three users in this domain had individual accounts in another AD domain with Exchange mailboxes. The remainder had exchange mailboxes using an "associated external account" in thier former domain. In running the AD Account Cleanup, the users who had full accounts in the Exchange system will not merge with thier new IDs in the new child domain, but all the others transferred smoothly. The ADClean.log is reporting "(Unwilling to Perform") I cannot find any reference to this message in this situation anywhere ...

How do I import copy of accounts to new company in GP version 8.0
Using MS SQL 2000 and Great Plains 8.0, how do I copy the chart of accounts from an existing company to a new company? I see TechKnowledges for other GP versions, but not for 8.0. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ...

Can my yahoo account be the one used in Outlook?
Im having trouble login into Outlook can i use my yahoo account in outlook and if so how do i do that is it a paid yahoo account? You need to use pop3 access with yahoo and only paid accounts support it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exc...

updating your account(constantly)!
updating your account keeps flashing on top right of money 2007, screen jiggles don't have a clue what to do? -- Bob In microsoft.public.money, keeganrob1 wrote: >updating your account keeps flashing on top right of money 2007, screen >jiggles don't have a clue what to do? Tell us more: Is your operating system XP or Vista? When you do Help->About.... what is the version? What is the actual message? I also am having this problem. New laptop w/Vista pre loaded. Downloaded MS Money 2007. System seeming locked up as unable to edit any entries or update/download any b...

Project Accounting Collection Management Integration
For almost four years I have been asking to have the link between Collections Management and Project Accounting created. At one time I thought there was a problem report or suggestion out there but now I am told that the fix didn't make release 9.0 and that there isn't even a suggestion out there. The problem is that currently when you drill back on a biller document in Collections Management it takes you to the Receivables Transaction Inquiry Zoom window instead of the Billing Inquiry Zoom window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds...

Changing MSCRM "System Administrator" to another account...
I have just completed the CRM 1.0 installation (after much difficulty) and everything appears to be working fine. That said, while adding users to the system, I found that my domain account has been assigned the CRM role of "System Administrator". Apparently CRM assigns this automatically based on the account used when the system was installed. Oops... Question: How (assuming it's possible) can I change the account associated with the "System Administrator" role? The reason I want to change this is that, while the CRM "System Administrator" has the omnipo...

Account register- Automatic Catagories?
Hi all: I have a question about the account register...just started using my Money 2002 again. When I download account activity from my checking account, there is quite a bit of information already in each trasaction. Then I try and clean up the month's transactions, and when I change one transaction, Money automatically updates a whole bunch (almost all) of others. So, if I change one transaction payee to "Gas Station," all of the sudden a bunch of debits from the grocery store become "Gas Station" purchases as well. Is there some sort of automatic codin...

Money Keeps Downloading Full Account History
I have archived all my Money Data prior to 1/1/2008 into an old file. However, Money keeps populating my Account Registers (only for certain accounts and only once in a while) with the full history from the account. For example, right now, I have 527 transactions to review with 500 or so being from before 1/1/2008. Is there a setting I have set incorrectly? Is there something wrong? Any way I can fix this? Brad The basic problem is that you have archived! If not too far down the track I suggest that you revert to using the archived file, which is just a copy of your .mny at t...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

Nested Folders in HTTP Accounts
Does anyone know how to make this work? All I get is "Note: You cannot create a folder inside this folder." <quote> *Nested Folders* Windows Live Mail is now featuring nested folders. This feature is now also part of Hotmail and will basically allow you to replicate the nested folders that you have in Hotmail into Windows Live Mail. Nested folders are basically an extension of Custom folders, the only difference being that you can now create folders within folders for ease of categorization. </quote> from http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=e94...

How do I switch between multiple accounts in outlook 2007?
How do I switch between multiple accounts in outlook 2007? "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E535352E-149D-4B32-B17C-D11F0A19883F@microsoft.com... > How do I switch between multiple accounts in outlook 2007? Use the Accounts button, just like you did in previous versions. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

accounting format changed my totals to #####
I was doing homework and I had to apply an accounting number format to a set of of numbers but when I did that it took my totals and turned them into #####. How can I fix this. "cmanderson" <cmanderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07FA1E06-AF1B-4EF2-8835-EA94F53BAF28@microsoft.com... >I was doing homework and I had to apply an accounting number format to a >set > of of numbers but when I did that it took my totals and turned them into > #####. How can I fix this. Widen the column. ...

accessing two hotmail accounts with Outlook
I have two hotmail email accounts. I would like to access both of them with my Outlook application. which version of outlook and what happens when you try? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in th...

Outlook - Two seperate accounts - two different PST files
Hi there, I have someone who uses Outlook on there Laptop which is on a workgroup style Network. We want to start backing up the PST files. One person has said they do not want their personal emails which comes in on a different account to be backed up with the work emails. This posed a problem as I just wanted to backup the entire PST file. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the two accounts that have been entered into Outlook to go into different inboxes stored in different PST files? My suggestion was to use Outlook express for there personal email but they do not like it. ...

Sorting accounts list
hi, By default the Money automatically sorts accounts in four distinct categories (Bank, Credit, Investment and Other accounts). I am using money 2006 and would like to sort in different way. for example, i would like to divide my bank accounts into two separate categories... is it possible?? is it possible in money 2007? with best regards, rnv In microsoft.public.money, rnv wrote: >hi, >By default the Money automatically sorts accounts in four distinct >categories (Bank, Credit, Investment and Other accounts). > >I am using money 2006 and would like to sort in diff...

Synchronization of pst-files with an imap account
Hi, I have different pst-files on my office laptop which contain all emails from work. At home I have a linux box where I recently set up an imap server and I could also manage to get connected to that imap server with my laptop. Now I thought of having my emails stored on that imap server also to have some kind of a comfortable backup, means I could not only save the emails on a different place I could also read the emails with any other email client on my linux box. Apart from this I receive also some times some "work" mails on my private account. Nevertheless I would like to kn...

Accounts Payable #2
We are currently reviewing our processes with GP Dynamics regarding entering of payables into the system. We do not use a po system as it does not function well in this environment. Wondering if anyone else has a possible solution or similar issue that I can bounce ideas off of: -Using the batch process in payables, invoices are entered without correpsonding account codes for initial tracking purposes. -Each invoice is then sent to the responsible department/location to be signed off on and coded with the appropriate account numbers. Everything works great until there is an is...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Project Accounting Posting Code Problems
I am currently using GP 7.5 (about to upgrade to 8.0) and am having posting code problems within Project Accounting. Posting codes for specific projects will disappear at random times and seem to go away without connection to any maintenance utilities being fun. The codes are re-populated but sometimes fail to "stick" as they are later deleted. This happens to different accounts usually for fixed price projects types and to a lessor extent time & materials project types. Posting codes deleted also seem to not have a pattern. This phenomenon began after upgrading to GP7.5...