Turn off Autogenerate account description

I found out there isn't a way to turn off the autogenerate account
description through Customer Source.  I would like to add this as a
suggestion for future release where I can click a button and it'll not
autogenerate the account description for me.

It's a nice feature, but it doesn't work for my intent.

I understand that the autogenerate account description comes from the
account segment list, however, my account segment list doesn't do the account
description any justice b/c I have 5 segments, and the names can be long, so
GP will truncate it, but not where I want to truncate it so the acct
description won't make any sense anymore.

Thanks,
Who''s Calling, Inc
Financial Reporting Manager

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7086c335-ac89-484a-9c2d-fd46026d06b3&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
V (86)

Need help importing Outlook Business Contact Manager Accounts to CRM 3.0
Hi, Using MS outlook 2003, I've exported my Outlook Business Contact Manager Accounts into a .CSV file. I've then gone into CRM and gone to Tools - Import and selected the CSV. I don't really understand the field mapping part of the import wizard. When I click Import it says that all the records failed to import. Can somebody please help me. Thanks Gary Check out the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Data Migration Pack http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3d36ac8e-b485-4f0c-9dec-c9bacbad1a73&DisplayLang=en It has the Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft...

Email accounts not recognized in Send/Receive
running outlook 2002 under winxp prof on new IBM Thinkpad T40. last night when i hit send/receive nothing happened. it had been working. now when i if i write an email and clicks accounts to select the email account to send from, a fatal error notice appears. so it appears that somehow the pop email section of outlook 2002 is just not funstioning. any help apprciated. tried the knowledge base and the repair functions - nothing sems to address this issue. opa Have you run "Detect and Repair"? "opa" <mace@marriagealive.com> wrote in message news:07a601c357e2$2d...

Sharing Outlook account on network
I have two computers on a home network both have Office 2003 installed, Both are set up with the same email account. I would like to "share" the inboxes on both units. Is this possible? If so, how? I can sympathise with you. I have just set up a Home Network and would also like to share outlook between my 3 PCs, (just in case the kids or missus are hogging them). try http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA011124801033.aspx Dino "J.Thomas" <jaktomas1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:930201c496ab$927f5950$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have two computers o...

Through the specified account in rules
Hello, I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. What does "Through the specified account" under conditions in rules mean? Does that mean any e-mail that comes to a specified account or comes from a specified account or what? -- Thanks, Bob That means that mail received from "@hotmail.com" or whatever will be = filtered using that rule. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, BBran asked: | Hello...

Q re Budgets and Money Market Investment Accounts
Hello, My goal: I would like to include the money in my money market in the Budget Planner. My set up: I set up an Investment Account to download transactions on my Money Market fund that I have with Vangaurd. Trying to figure Money's Budget stuff out, I did the following: 1) When I uncheck the "Include this account in the budget planner" and create a new budget, the transactions between my bank account and the vangaurd account show up as transfers in and out of budget accounts. This makes sense to me since the vangaurd account is not in the budget. 2) When I check...

Is there a way to turn off keyboard shortcuts in Word?
As I'm typing a million things are happening. The find and replace box is opening, the text is centering, italicizing. I'm not a sloppy typer. And I'm not hitting the control key. Its driving me crazy. Please help. On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:22:01 -0800, what the heck <what the heck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >As I'm typing a million things are happening. The find and replace box is >opening, the text is centering, italicizing. I'm not a sloppy typer. And I'm >not hitting the control key. Its driving me crazy. Please help. You ...

Before You Buy Accounting Software for Your Small Business
Buying the right Accounting Software for your business is very important. Because you will be using your Accounting Software frequently, it's urgent to ensure that you pick the right software for your business and your needs. Accounting software can be a great tool for your small business, allowing you to keep track of all your financial data, and easily produce reports for effective planning. Here are some things you should think about, before buying your Accounting Software: http://smallbusiness-accounting-software.blogspot.com ...

Setup for one inbox for two email accounts
I have two email accounts but I want the messages for both stored in one inbox. How do I do that.? That was how Outlook Express did it but not WLMD. Thanks. Are you using Quick views? -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "JamesN" <JamesN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:981A0453-8C20-415E-9526-33D802BD1CDA@microsoft.com... > I have two email accounts but I want the messages for both stored in one > inbox. How do I do that.? That was how Outlook Express did it but not > WLMD. > Thanks. Windows Mail (Vista) put everything in...

OL 2007 : How to protect one POP account and not the others
Hi, i would like to protect one POP account in my OL2007. If i put a password on data file, new mail are download in default box if password is not ok... So it's not really good. I don't want make a new profil for that. My old solution was to use my account in IMAP because if you don't put the password, it's not download new mail, but IMAP bored me... Any solution ? Thanks in advance ! If you don't want to use IMAP and a separate profile is out of the question, then no, there is no way to protect one account only. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies t...

CRM 1.2 Errormessage: An error occurred during the mapping of computer accounts
Hi all, we try to install a CRM 1.2 and we receive the following errormessage: An error occurred during the mapping of computer accounts We already installed the hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889685/EN-US/ from microsoft, but it still doesn't work... Do you have any idea how we could fix that? Thank you very much! Kind regards Peter Widmer ...

Turning off action query confirmation messages
How do I turn off ALL confirmation messages for make-table and append queries when running them from a macro in an Access 2007 .accdb database? I've tried following a 2004 posting which says: "If you're using a macro to run the query, put SetWarnings False before and SetWarnings True after running it. Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP " .... but they aren't accepted as a valid commands in the macro setup. I don't know SQL; I'm using plain vanilla Make-Table and Append queries called out in OpenQuery commands in a macro. The confirmation message...

Check for uniqueness of description in Item Master
I would like to check the description in Item Master to see if it is unique in order to prevent duplicate item numbers being created for the same item. With over 40,000 items in inventory, I would like to do this without a significant lag in response. Plus I am not certain how to check all of the other records in Item Master using Modifier with VBA. Is there a better way to check for this uniqueness? Thanks for your help and suggestions. Don- if exists(select * from iv00101 where itemdesc like '%NewDesc%') begin select 1 end else select 0 This will return 1 if it finds another...

MS Offcie Accounting and RMS
Will the Microsoft RMS package integrate with new Microsoft Office Accounting 2006 package. It is in Beta now but this prospect wants a total Microsoft integrated solution. Pat I guess it would depend on how intricate they want the accounting solution to be I suppose. Have they considered Great Plains? "Pat@arms" wrote: > Will the Microsoft RMS package integrate with new Microsoft Office Accounting > 2006 package. It is in Beta now but this prospect wants a total Microsoft > integrated solution. > > Pat > At some point there will be a SKU from Microsoft...

'Account not found' for COGS in sales order processing
I know I'm forgetting something simple here, but I'm getting the 'Account not found' for the COGS account when trying to post a sales invoice. I've checked and double checked to make sure the COGS account is set in the customer card, the item card, and in posting accounts but I still get the error message. What am I overlooking? Thx much, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Frank, Click on each line item, click on the Expansion Button next to the Item Number column heading to open the Sales Item Detail Entry window. Click on the ...

how to turn off "smart" formatting
In A1:A10: -Type in some text. -Format as Bold and Underlined. In A11 (unformatted), type in a word and hit enter. On my machine, the formatting is automatically changed to Bold and Underlined. Is there a way to turn this "smart" feature off? XL2000 sr1 Tools / Options / Edit Tab / Uncheck 'Extend List formats and formulas' -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that mak...

Issue with joint accounts and two different user Ids
My wife and I have two seperate retirmement accounts and a joint brokerage (with different login IDs) at fidelity. So, whenever we log into fidelity website using either one's login Id, we see our own retirement account + the joint brokerage account in the portfolio. So, I went in first and using my own fidelity login Id downloaded the statements to setup my new money accounts in Money 2006. And it worked as expected and pulled in my retirement + our joint brokerage account and created corresponding two new investment accounts in money. Now, I went back and tried to create new Fi...

import .dbx messages into new OE account
Have just purchased a new pc. Have exported messages from old OE account as .dbx files. Can anyone tell me how to import these .dbx files into the new Outlook Express Account - have tried 'import messages' and am presented with a list of email programs to import from, but chosing OE6 (which they were exported from) says "No messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open. Please select another folder or try closing applications that may have files open". Any ideas - all help gratefully welcomed :O) Hi, Louis...

email mailbox/account accessible to others
I would like to set up two email accounts that are only for receipt of transcriptions emailed to two locations. I would like to have two persons at each location be able to access the email, in addition to their own email through Outlook 2003. I would also like one person to be able to access both meilboxes, in addition to their own Outlook. How do I begin?? Thanks in advance. -Michael Arfsten Maybe create a mail-enabled public folder and mark them as reviewer, this avoid having a dedicated mailbox, however if not properly managed, public folder can cause more issues than they solve ...

Deleted Exchange accounts still around
I have had a ongoing issue and I need to resolve it. Past employees accounts have been disabled and then eventually deleted. Current users will send out a meeting request to a existing group or a set of individuals. Then the original sender of the meeting notice will get. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: CAFÉ Award Meeting Sent: 3/12/2007 3:49 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Bob Weiss on 3/12/2007 3:49 PM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Chec...

Changing attribute in account record depending on Opportunity num
Hello, I added some relationship types for account entity (prospect, pending prospect). Pending prospect means prospect with no opportunities. I want to control this value on opportunity close event. I mean when I close opportunity as lost - check if there is some opportunities left for the account and if no - set relationship type of an account as pending prospect. The question is how to check if there are some opportunities open for an account. I think it should be some simple value, but i cant find any. Thanks, Akop Akopyan ...

Not getting bank account payee info
I'm having the following problem: In Money, I select to create a new account. I select the Bank of America (BOA) listing for my state I enter the authentication information Money downloads the transactions for that account ** However, the payee information is missing. If I manually download a QIF file from the BOA site and import that into Money the information is correctly imported. Is there a way for me to get this information without manually downloading and importing a file each time? If the provider isn't supplying the information --and that's what it sounds like in t...

Administrator Email Account HUGE
On my exchange 2003 server (sp1), enterpeise ed. our Administrator email box is BY FAR the largest in the company. It has over 2 Million Email messages in it. I want to delete all the messages in this mailbox, and clean it out. What is the easiest way to do it (and safest). There is nothing in there that I want to keep. Please Inform. Thank you. -- Network Administrator Simon Paston & Sons Agency Delete mailbox, run mailbox cleanup, purge mailbox, then recreate. Else log in to mailbox and delete messages (would probably take a lot longer). -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenpr...

Problem linking my msn account to gmail
I tried adding my msn account to my gmail account so I could check all of my email accounts at gmail. Everytime I try to add it I get a error message that says "connection timed out". Does anyone know how to work around this to make linking this account successful? Wrong group, we're just outlook, not msn or gmail support :) I didn't think gmail could access msn accts because they aren't pop3. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www....

Remove an account from "Total Account Balance"
I set up an investment account that keeps track of the superannuation that my employer pays to me. I do not want it to reflect in the "Total Account Balance" in the "Account List". How can I set up the account up to stop it effecting my total balance?? Thanks Sonia In a separate file? Beyond that, no. "jaxon7au" <jaxon7au@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D12029BE-F310-445B-8D11-91BE9A914D31@microsoft.com... >I set up an investment account that keeps track of the superannuation that >my > employer pays to me. I do not want ...

Account's Open Opportunities Also Get Re-Assigned
Is there a way to prevent open opportunities from being re-assigned after changing the account's owner? There is a constant account owner shuffle in my organization and it is tedious to rollback the opportunity re-assignment done automatically by re-assignment of accounts. We are using MS CRM v3.0 and at a minimum the system should ask the user whether he/she would like to also re-assign open opportunities. On May 17, 1:08=A0pm, Maleke Turat <MalekeTu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to prevent open opportunities from being re-assigned after > chang...