Trying to Inactivate a Vendor

I would like to inactivate a vendor, but get the message:  You can not
inactivate a vendor because it has posted or unposted transactions.

What do I have to do to inactivate a vendor?
--
Doug
0

Doug,

I believe to inactivate a vendor, they cannot be on unposted transactions
and cannot have unpaid transactions (I think this is what the message means
by 'posted') - is either of those the case?

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to inactivate a vendor, but get the message:  You can not
> inactivate a vendor because it has posted or unposted transactions.
>
> What do I have to do to inactivate a vendor?
> --
> Doug

0
victoria (3340)
9/20/2007 6:24:49 PM
No there is not unposted transactions or unpaid.  I think it has to do with
open PO's that have not been moved to historical?

thanks
--
Doug

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Doug,
>
> I believe to inactivate a vendor, they cannot be on unposted transactions
> and cannot have unpaid transactions (I think this is what the message means
> by 'posted') - is either of those the case?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to inactivate a vendor, but get the message:  You can not
> > inactivate a vendor because it has posted or unposted transactions.
> >
> > What do I have to do to inactivate a vendor?
> > --
> > Doug

0
Doug4515 (774)
9/20/2007 7:32:00 PM
Definitely if you have open POs for that vendor you won't be able to
inactivate it.  Have you tried closing the open POs?

Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP
NOVA Solutions LLC
Melbourne, FL

0
fhamelly (400)

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

Try or TRY
Hello, Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? Thanks, JSmith "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23G1sOVdoEHA.692@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead > of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_exceptions.3a_.converting_from_mfc_exception_macros.asp -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] FYI, TRY ...

error message when trying to delete messages in inbox
I cannot delete messages in my email inbox. When attempting to delete messages, Outlook says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. I continue to get the message even though I restarted Outlook. My mail works fine, but I just cannot delete anything. Does someone know a solution? Can you delete them if you hold shift as you delete? How many items are in the deleted items folder? Are you using any type of AV scanner on the message store? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coa...

Problem trying to export e-mail messages
When I go into Windows Mail and export my messages, the export completes but then I go and the folders don't match my existing e-mail folders. There are folders showing which I had deleted months ago. Could it be a corrupt file? How can I just transfer the e-mail messages I need to a new PC with Windows 7? Thanks> Windows Mail uses internal mail folder names that may not correspond exactly to the folder name in the user interface. What are you doing with your Windows Mail messages in Windows 7? Windows Mail was not designed to run on Windows 7. --=20 Gary VanderMole...

try/catch vs TRY/CATCH
Hi, What is in your opinion the preferred way of doing exception handling for MFC objects (such as the CFile)... the try/catch mechanism or the MFC based TRY/CATCH macros? Thanks Adeel Use try/catch. I don't recall what TRY/CATCH does but, basically, that was provided before VC++ had full support fro try/catch. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Adeel" <dontWantSpam@All> wrote in message news:ORLqQz3fGHA.4568@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > What is in your opinion the preferred way of doing exception handling for ...

Run Time error when trying to use DMax on a line value
Please can someone help me with run time error I am getting when I try to use a DMax function on a LineID control in a subform. I have a main form frmDeliveries and a subform sfrmDeliveryDetails They are linked on master and child by a DeliveryID control. On the sfrmDeliveryDetails BeforeUpdate I entered : Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Me![LineID] = Nz(DMax("[LineID]", "[sfrmDeliveryDetails]"), 0) + 1 End Sub (which I modified from a previous posting) When I try to enter a selection from a Productscombo on the sfrmDeliveriesDetails I get a Run Ti...

Trying to finish up a worksheet function (if/or??)
Okay, here are the details and the exact data: A12 thru A17 = Income Source (text, user defined [examples would be Social Security, Pension, etc.]) B12 thru B17 = Amount Received (will be currency in $dddd.cc format) C12 thru C17 = Tax Deductible? (currenty have a drop-down list option, YES or NO) A18 = Subtotal (text) B18 = Subtotal (calculated sum of above columns) C18= [empty] A20 = Choose an Investor (text) B20 = Investor name (from drop down list) C20 = Mark up amount (i.e., 125%, would like it to auto fill from the investor chosen) A22 = Total (text) B22 = Total (calculated su...

Try that critical pack from Microsoft Corporation
--zyqwganxt Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ozwztwhan"; type="multipart/alternative" --ozwztwhan Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="gmqsphxspxalotm" --gmqsphxspxalotm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your computer. Thi...

trying to email with publisher
Can someone please help me configure this thing!!! I can send a regular email through Windows mail with no problem. I cannot configure Outlook, even though I am using the same info as I used in windows mail. And, most importantly.... I cannot send a Publisher email in either one!!! What in the worl am I doing wrong? They won't go directly to windows mail, even though I have it as my default mail. They continue to go into Outlook even though I have it NOT as my default. They won't send from Outlook, And when I import them into Windows mail, they won't send. Arrrggghhhh! I am...

What have you tried?
Interesting read, about people who ask questions on forums. http://mattgemmell.com/2008/12/08/what-have-you-tried AliR. "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message news:3fy%k.6470$hc1.3340@flpi150.ffdc.sbc.com... > Interesting read, about people who ask questions on forums. > > http://mattgemmell.com/2008/12/08/what-have-you-tried > > > AliR. > > <soapbox alert> Amen, brother. I think it's a syndrome brought on by "no discipline" parents and a severely flawed public secondary educational system (to be clear, I&#...

I am trying to write a macro using If...Then
I am trying to write a macro that will look at the value in column G. If that value is blank or zero, then select the entire row and delete it. Then I want it to populate columns A with a number "111119" and column H with "TEXT" Here's what I tried, but it's not working. (There are other sorts, etc. that precede this item in the macro, that seem to be working fine.) If Range("g:g") < 1 = true Then ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Tab3 Upload").Rows.Select Selection.Delete End If If Range("b:b") >...

trying to open .CHM help file
Can anyone help me please? i am trying to open a .CHM help file via a command button on my form. I have tried using SHELL but that doesnt work, presumably because it is not a .EXE. any help greatly appreciated Take a look at what Dave Liske has at http://frogleg.mvps.org/helptechnologies/htmlhelp/hhaccess.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <simon@geniecom.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:1186572746.714336.269000@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone help me please? i am trying to open a .CHM help file via a > com...

Trying to Catch and Exception
Hi there Today at lunch I tried to learn how to try and catch an exception. I've been wanting to learn how to read the registry in prep for the Scripting Games :) Anyway I can't seem to catch the exact exception I can only catch the generic system.exception even thought $error tell me I have write name. Could someone else try for me <code> $ErrorActionPreference = "stop" Try { Get-ItemProperty -Path "HKCU:\Control Panel\Desktop\" -Name Wallpaper2 } Catch [System.Management.Automation.PSArgumentException] { "caught a PSArgumentExce...

Problems when try to set new accounts
Could somebody explain me why it�s happening this in outlook. (I have Outlook Express 6) 1. i have a main account (from my ISP provider); it works perfectly. 2. i have some other accounts in other places like hotmail, gmail, lycos... 3. i�ve tried many ocassions to set outllok Express to receive all mails from this other places, but always i failed. 4. i�ve done: -tools menu opened -accounts command selected -mail tab selected -i�ve clicked on "add" button and selected "mail" command -i�ve written a name, in my case i wrote a single "hotmail"...

Error message when trying to use my access add-in with VS2008
I created a Access 2007 add-in with VS2008 C# and I'm trying to debug my access form that sends text to a textbox to be displayed after I click on a button. I can step into 'FillTextButton_Click()' in my C# app that gets called when I click on the access form button. So I have my button and textbox connected to Access2007 with the Access onLoad() event. Everything seems to be connected ok. But as soon as I finish running through the 'FillTextButton_Click()' I get a error message saying "The expression On Click u=you entered as the event property se...

try #2
Based on the percentage in table below, I want to calculate Total Cos based on a specific percentage. Cost of works [Class 1 (%)] [Class 2 (%)] On the first $50,000 [11] [7] on the next $75,000 [9] [6.25] on the next $125,000 [7.5] [5.75] on the next $250,000 [6.5] [5.25] on the remainder $500,000 [5] [4.25] Now the fees given is = $1883800. Total Cost =? The steps are like these: On the first $50,000 x (11-7)% = $1,000.00 On the next $75,000 x (9-6.25)% = $2,062.50 On the next $125,000 x (7.5-5.75)% = $5,937.50 On the next $250,000 x (6...

Trying to add all together
This is the formula I am trying to use to add a column and a single cell together. =SUM(K58+S2:S34) It does not work. How do I change it? AuntieAnnette Hi =SUM(K58,S2:S34) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Auntie Annette House MO" <anh650t@swbell.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eLKx0Kd7EHA.3756@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > This is the formula I am trying to use to add a column and a single cell > together. =SUM(K58+S2:S34) It does not work. How do I change it? > AuntieAnnette > > Thanks I appreciate the assist. SOoooooooooooooo Simple. It...

trying to open old publisher files in Publisher 2003
I have old files from Windows version of publisher that I am grying to open up in Publisher 2003 Windows XP Anything below Publisher 95 will not open in 2003, all other versions will. Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Pat's problem" <Patsproblem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02D08C15-9386-48C6-B111-76AFAEF617FC@microsoft.com... >I have old file...

Try again??
I posted earlier....and only got confused, so I'd like to try again and make it simpler. (I truly appreciate the help I got!) 2 Tables Company Company Name Company ID Location Company Name (lookup from tblCompany) Company ID Location Address I know that I'm not supposed to enter data directly into a table, but, humor me (for a moment) Let's just say I wanted to understand the behind the scenes of my tables. I want to enter data into the location table. In datasheet view, on a blank line, I pick from the drop down list, a company name. How can I get ...