Triggers on Extender windows

Is it possible for writing a Trigger on any of the Extender windows which we
create?

I tried with one Extender screen, but the trigger fails to register, saying
INVALID OBJECT.

Any immediate response would be great.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Vaidhyanathan Mohan

Hi Vaidy

Extender uses multiple identical generic windows with multiple sets of
generic fields of the various data types.

You will not know which window is being used and what it is being used for,
or what fields will be shown at any time.

I am yet to see anyone successfully write a customisation (Dexterity or VBA)
against an Extender window.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"Vaidy" wrote:

> Is it possible for writing a Trigger on any of the Extender windows which we
> create?
>
> I tried with one Extender screen, but the trigger fails to register, saying
> INVALID OBJECT.
>
> Any immediate response would be great.
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Vaidhyanathan Mohan
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
10/31/2007 10:34:01 PM
I don't believe a trigger will work on the extender window.  Because extender
information is linked to the window and not to the tables; therefore, there
are no triggers on the tables.

Hope this helps, rc.

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Vaidy
>
> Extender uses multiple identical generic windows with multiple sets of
> generic fields of the various data types.
>
> You will not know which window is being used and what it is being used for,
> or what fields will be shown at any time.
>
> I am yet to see anyone successfully write a customisation (Dexterity or VBA)
> against an Extender window.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "Vaidy" wrote:
>

> > Is it possible for writing a Trigger on any of the Extender windows which we
> > create?
> >
> > I tried with one Extender screen, but the trigger fails to register, saying
> > INVALID OBJECT.
> >
> > Any immediate response would be great.
> >
> > --
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Vaidhyanathan Mohan
0
RC (240)
10/31/2007 10:50:00 PM
You could write a trigger on the Extender Tables.  Keep in mind that with the
Extender product, data is stored in tables based on the data type, not the
source window.  Thus your trigger would need to be attached to the table that
holds the desired data type (string, integer, etc) and then would have to
filter to ensure that when fired, if a different window caused the data
change, the trigger would terminate without running.  (Each table has a field
for the window name)

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"rc" wrote:

> I don't believe a trigger will work on the extender window.  Because extender
> information is linked to the window and not to the tables; therefore, there
> are no triggers on the tables.
>
> Hope this helps, rc.
>

> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Hi Vaidy
> >
> > Extender uses multiple identical generic windows with multiple sets of
> > generic fields of the various data types.
> >
> > You will not know which window is being used and what it is being used for,
> > or what fields will be shown at any time.
> >
> > I am yet to see anyone successfully write a customisation (Dexterity or VBA)
> > against an Extender window.
> >
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Senior Development Consultant
> > Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
> > Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
> >
> > Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
> >
> > mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> >
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > and confers no rights.
> >

> > "Vaidy" wrote:
> >

> > > Is it possible for writing a Trigger on any of the Extender windows which we
> > > create?
> > >
> > > I tried with one Extender screen, but the trigger fails to register, saying
> > > INVALID OBJECT.
> > >
> > > Any immediate response would be great.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Thanks & Regards,
> > > Vaidhyanathan Mohan
0
info4071 (3004)
11/1/2007 4:06:01 AM
Hi Richard,

Thanks for that valuable input. I was more concerned about the Triggers on
the Windows and not on Tables.

But as Dave & rc had mentioned earlier, it make sense that Triggers are not
possible on Extender Screens.

Thanks so much for the inputs provided.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Vaidhyanathan Mohan

"Richard Whaley -- MVP" wrote:

> You could write a trigger on the Extender Tables.  Keep in mind that with the
> Extender product, data is stored in tables based on the data type, not the
> source window.  Thus your trigger would need to be attached to the table that
> holds the desired data type (string, integer, etc) and then would have to
> filter to ensure that when fired, if a different window caused the data
> change, the trigger would terminate without running.  (Each table has a field
> for the window name)
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "rc" wrote:
>
> > I don't believe a trigger will work on the extender window.  Because extender
> > information is linked to the window and not to the tables; therefore, there
> > are no triggers on the tables.
> >
> > Hope this helps, rc.
> >

> > "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Vaidy
> > >
> > > Extender uses multiple identical generic windows with multiple sets of
> > > generic fields of the various data types.
> > >
> > > You will not know which window is being used and what it is being used for,
> > > or what fields will be shown at any time.
> > >
> > > I am yet to see anyone successfully write a customisation (Dexterity or VBA)
> > > against an Extender window.
> > >
> > > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > > Senior Development Consultant
> > > Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
> > > Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
> > >
> > > Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
> > >
> > > mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> > >
> > > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > > and confers no rights.

0
Vaidy (155)
12/7/2007 12:54:00 PM
In the full version of Extender we have built in trigger points for Windows
and Forms. Also, while we don't recommend modifying Extender windows, we have
done it before (and also with VBA). The key in VBA is to trap for the Window
Caption so that is runs against the desired window and not against every
Extender window.

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Vaidy
>
> Extender uses multiple identical generic windows with multiple sets of
> generic fields of the various data types.
>
> You will not know which window is being used and what it is being used for,
> or what fields will be shown at any time.
>
> I am yet to see anyone successfully write a customisation (Dexterity or VBA)
> against an Extender window.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "Vaidy" wrote:
>

> > Is it possible for writing a Trigger on any of the Extender windows which we
> > create?
> >
> > I tried with one Extender screen, but the trigger fails to register, saying
> > INVALID OBJECT.
> >
> > Any immediate response would be great.
> >
> > --
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Vaidhyanathan Mohan
0
Dew1 (1)

how do I make a paper look like a windows window?
I want to make a paper look like a window in the computer, so my presentation has more computer like decoration. archer <archer@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to make a paper look like a window in the computer, so my > presentation has more computer like decoration. Step 1: Look at a Windows window. Step 2: Recreate what you see using the shape, text, and picture tools in Publisher Alternatively Step 1: Hire a professional or semi-professional to do this for you. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Take a screen shot (PrtScrn) t...

Unable to save to Windows NT Server
Hi all, Usually we save a copy of an office file to NT server share folder, it works OK. But recently we have a message "There has been a network or file permission error. The network connection may be lost". (File name path). = 200932. I have been search for it but nothing worked. I can copy and paste any file to that share folder, but to save it directly, still desperation. Please advise how to fix it. See the following Knowledge Base article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291156 -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to a...

Reinstall office 2007 in Windows 7
I had purchased an Office 2007 cd earlier this year and installed in on my home computer on XP. I now want to upgrade to Windows 7 on the same computer Can I use the same cd to install Office 2007 with windows 7? The hardware is the same, just the OS is different. Please give a definitive answer if this is possible and I am not violating any licences. Thanks D -- When you need a helping hand, look for one at the end of your arm... =?Utf-8?B?RGFuZHo=?= <Dandz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:8D3F3114-2010-42EA-BE79-3BF3A2165DFA@microsoft.com: > ...

opening window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I would like Entourage to open with the calendar instead of the mail window. Is this possible? <FONT FACE="Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:12pt'>On 5/25/10 1:13 PM, in article <a href="59bb8fc4.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0">59bb8fc4.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href="Sule@officeformac.com">Sule@officeformac.com</a>&quot; <<a href="Sule@officeformac.com">...

windows update kb976321 and kb981726
i have tried to install these several times but they keep failing. i get error code 646 but nothing seems to help. what else can i do to fix this? DiamondBailey wrote: > i have tried to install these several times but they keep failing. i get > error code 646 but nothing seems to help. what else can i do to fix this? For Office updates, the 646 error is usually resolved by inserting the Office CD *prior* to the attempted installation of the updates or by manually downloading the full file versions of the updates from the MS Download Center and then installing them manually...

Receiving all mail in Outlook Exp, but not in Windows Live
I receive mail through a PC on Outlook Express. When I check my mail on my laptop through Windows Live I don't receive all my mail. It is not the same sender. One day I will receive mail from sender X on my laptop, and one day I wont. -- michele If both computers are using the same e-mail address, on both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. On one machine only, check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server. -- Bruce Hagen MS-...

Trigger email
Is there a way that you can have a countdown and when the countdown reaches 0 for it to automaticly send out a email to a certian person? You will first have to determine how you are going to calculate your countdown. Then try the following: Dim strSubject As String Dim strAddress As String Dim strMessage As String Dim blSendEmail as Boolean strSubject = "Countdown reached zero" strMessage = "This is the message that will be the body of the email." If 'This is where you would put the countdown check value' Then ...

Rob...Cost update trigger
I found a post that originally included a cost update trigger that Rob had created. It updates the sales price based on a new cost. I can't get the attachment anymore. Anybody out there have the trigger? Thanks, G E ...

double window split?
Can you have a double window split or freeze pane in a excel worksheet? Header rows at top do not move and the footer rows at boottom do not move, the text in between can dbe scrolled. Is this possible? Excel supports one freeze panes or one split. Maybe you can use window|new window followed by window|arrange to do what you want. MMille wrote: > > Can you have a double window split or freeze pane in a excel worksheet? > > Header rows at top do not move and the footer rows at boottom do not move, > the text in between can dbe scrolled. Is this possible? -- Dave Peters...

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1
Has anyone applied thjis service pack and where there any issues. Thanks Ken Hi I am currently testing Win2k3 SP1 on our test server. I am sure there will be no issues, just make sure you have the latest SQL SP and hotfixes installed before applying SP1 Regards James -- Visit MGP Central on http://spaces.msn.com/members/hushdontspamme/ "Ken Foster" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d801c5360d$1a2738e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Has anyone applied thjis service pack and where there any > issues. > Thanks > Ken ...

Trigger
CREATE TABLE tblA ( Symbol varchar(50) NOT NULL, APIFormat varchar(50) NULL, DataFormat varchar(50) NULL ) I would like to do the following: If a new row is added or APIFormat is edited, and DataFormat is not being updated, I would like to set DataFormat like this: If RIGHT(APIFORMAT,1) = '#', then SET DataFormat = LEFT(APIFORMAT,LEN(APIFORMAT)-1) + '0' If right(apiformat,1) <> '#', then SET DataFormat = APIFORMAT If I do the below trigger, if I don't update DataFormat, it sets it correctly, but...

Access mailbox via OWA from Windows Mobile 5 problems
I am running MS Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and some users access mailbox using OWA from Windows Mobile 5 devices. Those PDA/wireless devices are connected by using access point. But somehow when users try to login, they will be asked for username and password even they already give the correct username and password. By default, users are enabled to access mailbox via OWA. But when users try to access mailbox from MS Outlook 2003, they don't face this kind of problem. Any one can help? Thanks a lot before. Are the Mobile devices Panasonic? If yes you can see this KB, if not, please te...

For projecting presentations, what does "extend" option do?
I have computer only, duplicate, extend, projector only as my 4 options. Three are self evident. The fourth, to me at least, is not. Help? On 3/24/10 1:07 PM, Bob wrote: > I have computer only, duplicate, extend, projector only as my 4 options. > Three are self evident. The fourth, to me at least, is not. Help? Extend means that you have different things on your computer and projector. People with two monitors often have an extended desktop so they can put some stuff on one monitor and some on another (like a window the NCAA tournament on one monitor and a Word docume...

could not unregister BLM trigger
Hello: One of our Dynamics GP 9.0 clients is experiencing an unusual error message when exiting Report Writer and returning to GP. Although the error message is not priventing them from using Report Writer or GP, it is a point of interest. And, I would like to see what can be done to eliminate this message. The message is "Could not unregister the BLM trigger." Does anyone know what this means or how to eliminate it? I do not know, as of yet, if all workstations get this message or if even only just some users get this message. Thanks! childofthe1980s Hi I would sugg...

SQL Triggers in Headquarters
We are planning on implementing RMS and Headquarters for our multiple-store retail sales (do not have it installed yet). We are also going to have a virtual store, which will sell items from our brick-and-mortar store inventory. Without getting into too many details at this time, we have determined that the best way for us to accomplish our business needs is to have an external SQL database which will be used to keep track of brick-and-mortar store inventory and will also be used to record virtual store sales. We would then have triggers on this database and on the Headquarters databas...

Trigger on IVR10015
I'm trying to find a way to capture the actual created date on new items when the item copy function is used (when you use the copy function it stores the created date of the source item as the created date of the new item). We have manufacturing but we don't have the QA module, so I was trying to add a trigger to IVR10015 to put the current date in the QA Start Date field and or the QA End Date field upon insert to IVR10015. When I do that and add a new item I get the message below. How can I tell what the constraint is that is being violated? Any other ideas on how to capt...

Possible to trigger rules from MSN through VBA?
I understand that it is not possible to apply rules to email that comes in from MSN. In my case, my Outlook 2003 knows about two email sources, a POP3 account and an MSN account. Is it possible to write a VB macro that, upon delivery of an MSN email message, transfers that email message to the top of the POP3 email tree and have the rules execute on it from there? -- Richard Lewis Haggard www.Haggard-And-Associates.com ...

Windows XP boot problem
Hi, I have a Del netbook which is loaded with Windows XP. I've not had need to use the netbook for about a fortnight and on trying to boot it up today I find that I cannot get past the boot screen ( the screen that has the MS Flag and the words "Microsoft Windows XP" and below these a scroll bar). The scroll bar is constantly scrolling from left to right, as it always does, but for reasons best known to the netbook, this is as far as it gets. The mouse is not yet visible Any suggestions as to what the problem(s) mey be would be much appreciated -- Cheers P...

Extender and SmartList
I added a Window using extender to my item Maint. Card. I would like to use the feilds I added in Smartlist. But they don't seem to be showing up. Does anybody know how? Yup. Go back to the design of the eXtender window, and you should see a button on the lower right marked Smartlist. From there, you have to select which smartlist objects to integrate with. I remember a small delay between setting this up and actually having access to the fields in Smartlist, in our case (cache? don't know ...) Hope this helps, Maria. "Dustin" wrote: > I added a Window using exte...

Cant install epson tm-t88II drivers on windows 2003 server
I have to get one of these printers working from a machine running 2003 server. When trying to install the drivers, the following message comes up: Unable to install printer. Windows cannot install this printer until your system administrator first installs a new driver for it on the print server. Or, to install a driver on your computer without the assistance of your system administrator, run the Print Troubleshooter and select the option that contains this message. "The current printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks Windows NT 4.0 or Windo...

BUG: Send/Receive window shows up when it shouldn't
When I am working in other programs and the send/receive is going on in the background, this dialog pops up almost all the time. Yes, I have 'Do Not Show This Window' checked. It's quite annoying. (When *isn't* it annoying when a program disobeys your direct order?!) Is this a known bug? Is there a fix in the works, hopefully? Is it fixed in OL2003? (HOPEFULLY!) ...

different windows
Is there a way through which I can access two windows simultaneously? For example, in Excel, if I type some values and want to draw a graph, can I toggle between the main window where the values are mentioned and the window where I'm entering the name of the graph, etc. simultaneously? Thanks. hi, Window>new window. this will open a new instance of the same file. you can toggle. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way through which I can access two windows simultaneously? For >example, in Excel, if I type some values and want to draw a graph, can I >toggle b...

Cant Install Windows Live Messenger (msn)
I clickd on a link from a friend in an msn/windows live messenger conversation which turned out to be a virus type thing, so i deleted Windows Live Messenger and Changed the Password on my Comp and hotmail acount. then proceeded to download Windows Live Mesenger but it said i already have it. so ive searched my computer and it dosnt appear to be there at all? anyone know whats up here?? Greetings Jaimie, If you manually delete Messenger by just deleting the folder (or something similar), Windows will still consider it installed. You can use ZapMessenger to quickly solve this...

Window going out of frame
Hi, As I resize my main frame, few dialogs / palettebars stay where they are and look out of main frame. How to avoid this. How to make them remain in the frame area. thanks lee I dont know what a palettebar is but you will need to move the dialog yourself in response to OnSize of mainframe. You can move a window using SetWindowPos/MoveWindow. --- Ajay If you want all of your "views" to stay in the frame, have you thought about using a splitter window and making the dialogs CFormViews instead? I know that's probably a big design change, but it would keep them all in the ...

Multiple windows for multiple Excel files...
Some setting of Excel has suddenly changed: when I have multiple Excel files open, I no longer have multiple buttons on the taskbar. There is just one window and I need to browse between the Excel files by clicking on Window in the Excel menu toolbar. I know it must be an Excel setting because I do not have this problem with other programs. Hence it is not the Windows setting “Group similar taskbar buttons” (which is off). Any ideas which option in Excel has changed? Martin, tools, options, view, check windows in taskbar -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Pl...