Trial Balance Report Error

I am trying to print a detailed trial balance out of Financial.  I am
getting the following error message:

Error in equation ****ILLEGAL SYNTAX*** found]:

Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks

Angie

0
angelam1 (36)

Did this error just start?  Have there been any recent customizations
to the report?

Try logging out of GP and back in and see if that resolves the issue.
If there haven't been any customizations, it's likely a communications
error.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
3/3/2008 3:26:44 PM
I have this same issue with one user, unfortunately my direct manager.  He
gets this when running a Billing Activity Report.  There are some mods to the
forms.  He has a localized install.  When he uses the term serv. I've setup
for basically all other users, lots of Macs, he dosen't get this error.

Is there somewhere I can look to find something like Effective Permissions
in GP?

Thanks,
Todd

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote:

> Did this error just start?  Have there been any recent customizations
> to the report?
>
> Try logging out of GP and back in and see if that resolves the issue.
> If there haven't been any customizations, it's likely a communications
> error.
>

> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
sorensent (15)

To find the cumilative balance
Hi all, Please forgive me the same question is posting again. I have the following excel . I want to get a cumilative balance as follows. A B C D E(Cum.bal) 1 10 2 -3.5 3 -1.5 4 -3 -2 0.00 5 20 6 7 -10 8 -10 0.00 Please help to get the balance n column E. The balance ha...

OE Printing Script error...
When trying to print an email message I receive an error has occured in the script on this page. Line: 1344 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified error Code: 0 URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/preview.dlg Do you want to continue running scripts on this page Yes/No Doesnt matter what I select, still am unable to print email. Does not occur in IE browser only Outlook Express. Have tried numerous fixes including deleting and re installing drivers. Running ME operating system. Has anyone experienced and solved this error? Thanks - John jmblhc@yahoo.com Hi - This is a group to support Out...

Crystal report and Microsoft report
Hi, Can anybody give me information about benefits of using crystal report in VS2008 or use Report Viewer ( Microsoft ) in the two case i must use managed code while i can't use it in MFC Code or native C++ ,I hope i am wrong thanks ...

Installing Money Plus Deluxe Trial
Haven't installed Money Plus yet but have tried essentials and have used Money in the past and am trying to avoid a problem that occurs the first time Money downloads transactions from my bank. The first time it downloads I have a very large difference in what I have and what Money shows. Thus difference is in the thousands. Is there something I'm not doing properly when Money downloads transaction for the first time? Is there any rules of thumb I need to be aware of? Any help will be appreciated. James In microsoft.public.money, JamesJ wrote: >Haven't installed Money Plus ...

type of data convertion error
Hi all, when i'm trying to import or just to make a linked table i found errors in the some of the fields becaouse of the type of data whenever there is a mix in one column between some that are numbers and some that are chars the default is char but the numbers are becoming error how can i overcome the problem? ...

runtime error 5: invalid procedure or call argument
Hi! I'm having problem with my POS, i'm getting an error runtime error 5: invalid procedure or call argument when i ran POS when i perform item lookup. I already reinstalled MSDE and RMS v1.2 but still the problem exist on one of my POS terminal. All other terminals are doing fine so i guess there's no problem with the database. Your help would be much appreciated. Many Thanks, Mike Zenkibuta wrote: > Your help would be much appreciated. It's also possible that it's a component problem.. old version of MDAC or other components.. the registers have the same softwa...

CRM 3.0 Report Scheduling error
My standard and custom reports run fine but I am unable to schedule them and only get this error information: "Unable to process the scheduling or snapshot options that you selected." I am using a domain login with Admin and Customizer privileges in CRM as well as full rights in Report Manager. I can't find anything on this error. Can anybody provide any insight? Thanks! url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1265-1.aspx ...

publisher trial problem
I can't install the Publisher 2007 because I keep getting an error message that I do not have access to some fonts. Then I get a message to abort, retry, or ignore. The only thing that works is abort, and I lose the program. Can anyone help? What is the exact error message? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "flowerscarlet" <flowerscarlet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF8AA398-6C41-435F-B04D-E741BC722EA4@microsoft.com... >I can't install the Publisher 2007 because...

Trial Balance
Thanks in advance for any info. The Quick Trial Balance report is showing detail information instead of summary. Ex: Listing each payment under each account instead of showing summary $ amount. Is there a setting that can change this? The user says it just started happening this month and doesn't know what changed. Thanks Again, Morgan There is no one Quick Trial Balance report. There is a Quick Detail and a Quick Summary. In Receivables and Payables, you do not have the option to get a summarized Quick Aged Trial Balance. "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote...

Syntax Error Writing in MDB table
I have an excel sheet that uses Access tables in the background to store information... The file has been functioning, but for various reasons, I needed to change the name of the Access file from "PDAv1_be.mdb" with a table called "clients", to "PDAdatabase.mdb" with a table called database. I now keep getting an error saying that input table or query "clients" cannot be found. When I change the script to "database", I get an error "Syntax error in FROM clause". The code causing the problem is pasted below... --------...

Exchange NDR "Error is [0x80004005-00000000-00000000]."
Interesting NDR sent to a user today. No known issues - no corresponding events that I have discerned in the event log. No quota on this user. No issues with database are known. Single user, single event. The user sends email to at least one of these addresses several dozen times a day. Previous emails to both addresses independently are successful and without evidence or indication of a problem. I am reviewing other logs in further detail, early indications are that this is a one-time event. Anyone have any idea what direction to look in order to get more information on this problem? ...

Trial CD
Hi, I've successfully installed CRM server and setup the sample users in my AD within the users group. Also, I've unchecked the Restricted access setting for the user in CRM setting up the sample data. I started the install and it autoselected the users from the ad and filled them into their appropriate slots but when I installed the sample data it didn't install all the data. It failed to setup the users and business groups. Here's a sample of the sample install log: ****************************************************************************************** Sample D...

Error applying 3.0 Update Rollup 1
When I run it on a client, I receive the error box titled: "Microsoft CRM Update Installation Error", and a dialog box that says, "Setup has encountered an unknown error. The installation of this update has been stopped. Contact Customer Support Services." Has anyone seen this error? Any suggestions? I should add that the corresponding patch has already been applied sucessfully to the CRM server. The CRM version on the clients is 3.0.5300.0 "JB" <jjmtb@qwest.net> wrote in message news:O9RxQDnYHHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When I run ...

Compile Error
Ive created a macro that was rather large and Excel threw a tantrum and told me off so i split the macro in to two (different modules) but i still get a compile error - procedure too large. Excel help says that i can go up to 64KB - my macro is now only 52KB - does anyone know whats going on or how i can increase the allowable size of a macro? Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ LB79 Try exporting the modules, deleting them, then re-importing. That can clean out some left over junk that accumulates. That said, 52K is still a lot for one module. You should conside...

Report Order- Help!
Hi, I have a report using a query as the data source. The query presents the clients in numerical order, but the reports are not in numerical order. I need this for the mailing aspect. Thanks On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:39:02 -0800, Novice2000 wrote: > Hi, > > I have a report using a query as the data source. The query presents the > clients in numerical order, but the reports are not in numerical order. I > need this for the mailing aspect. Thanks The sort order in your query is irrelevant to the sort order in a report. To sort your report, in Report Design view click on...

Historical Aged Trial Balance error
We received an error message when running A/P aging.. The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results: DBMS: 105, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0 Does any of your vendor IDs include a single quote character, for example O'MALLEY or O'NEILL? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Richard" wrote: > We received an error message when running A/P aging.. > The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrial...

MS deluxe trial ?
I downloaded the ms money deluxe plus trial ver. I'm not going to upgrade to this. How do I get back to ms deluxe 2007 with up to date transactions? Thanks Jeff In microsoft.public.money, JG wrote: >I downloaded the ms money deluxe plus trial ver. > >I'm not going to upgrade to this. How do I get back to ms deluxe 2007 with >up to date transactions? Locate the *.m16 file that Money Plus created. Copy that to a *.mny filename. Install Money 2007, and have it open that *.mny file. Download transactions that are available and process them. What is not available by ...

60 day trial on office 2007
i bought a new dell laptop that came will a 60 day trial of office 2007, when i try to sign up to use it , it wont give me a product code. Tells me there out of codes, try back later. This has been going on all week. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem, or have found a solution. thanks You must be joking! Microsoft cannot run out of codes. You need to contact DELL because your machine is still under a warranty and it is their duty to let you use the trial version! Otherwise what is the point of installing it in the first place? Perhaps for pleasure!! Incident...

Outlook 2003 send/receive error (0x80040900)
Hi, I have a laptop running XP-Pro SP-2, Office 2003 SP-2, BCM SP-2, all updated. When I launch Outlook, it synchronizes the folder lists and the modem lights indicate traffic. When I press the send/receive button, I immediately receive this error message: "Task "Pipe and Tanks-Receiving' reported error (0x80040900).'The server name you entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Please verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.' " I have the Outlook Send/Receive Progress pinned. When I click on the "Cancel All&q...

error 0x800cccf4
by adding my email account into outlook, officw 2003 verion, I encounter error 0X800cccf4. this means that oulook can not synchronize hotmail folders. "H. Najafizadeh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<5d5d01c3e62b$8b4b5ca0$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > by adding my email account into outlook, officw 2003 > verion, I encounter error 0X800cccf4. this means that > oulook can not synchronize hotmail folders. YAHOO! (Half a Solution) I have tried for hours to sort this problem, in the end I gave up and switched to a Yahoo mail account. It&...

Who AM I Error
Hi I am trying to run the SDK examples and am receiving error "Method not allowed.Source: System.Web.Services " I have added a reference to the System.Web.Services. Any help is appreciated Thanks in advance ...

Creating a drop-ship invoice report in POP
Hello: I am attempting to create a drop-ship invoice report in POP. Where does GP pull the quantities received for any Purchasing Invoice Entry? Is it from the PO? Some other table? My report is using POP30300, POP30310, and POP30110. I'm able to get the list of drop-ship invoice line items, but they are sometimes duplicated. Once I remove the POP30110 table, the duplicates go away. I know this is something really obvious I am missing. Any assistance is appreciated. GP9 SP4. Thanks. -Joe There are no "quantities received" with drop-ship invoices, only...

how do i stop report being printed after each doc is printed
i GET A PRINTED REPORT AFTER EACH DOCUMENT I PRINT.hOW DO I STOP THIS. Either check that 'Print document properties' isn't selected (Office button => Word options => Display => Printing Options) or check your printer settings. Yves "JOEMC" <JOEMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18005416-E45D-4873-8546-570093D156E1@microsoft.com... >i GET A PRINTED REPORT AFTER EACH DOCUMENT I PRINT.hOW DO I STOP THIS. ...

CRM 3.0 Report scheduling wizard
Hi, Can you bale to provide the user manual for CRM 3.0 Report scheduling wizard? When I schedule the report, it says scheduled snapshot and snapshot available. After that If i click on that snapshot it is taking the same amount of time, as If i run the original report. So I have a doubt whether im using the correct process to schedule reports. What I need is: 1) User manual for thsi tool on how to use 2) What is snapshot mean exactly? is it different from original report or its same as the final output of the report? Thx Anil V ...

publisher trial probs
First of all I am NOT computer savvy. So talk to me like I'm stupid. ; ) I recently downloaded Office 07 trial and designed a business card. I am having problems getting it to print correctly to Avery 28877 (they are severely off center). Tried to print them in Word (which I assume came with the trial) but there is no "Tools" on the toolbar (in Word or Pub) where the mailings/envelopes/labels drop down menu should be. When I try to open up my business card in Word all I get is a pop-up window that reads "file conversion" and what appears to be an encrypted v...