Transaction Performance Counter #2

Hi

I am looking for a way (by using SQL profiler or the MGP SDK oranything
else) to measure avarage times for transaction execution in Great Plains. A
simple example might be the posting GL transactions at month end. I am
looking for a way to record the average time and compare any new postings to
the "historical" average. This data will then be used to produce a report...

Any help will be valuable, as I don't really have a clue where to start
looking

Reagrds,
Arno van Rooyen

0
Arno (12)

pop account #2
how can I pop my hotmail account with outlook 2000? Thanks for any help, Ken Hotmail accounts are not able to be pop3 accounts -- *Emails sent to personal account will not be read due to virus security* "kenbarton@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0fcf01c49d1f$667e8090$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how can I pop my hotmail account with outlook 2000? > > Thanks for any help, > Ken ...

Exchange and Outlook #2
Guys, I'm new to Exchange and Outlook. Long story short the business I work for uses a third party pop3 e-mail tool for all users. For a select few I would like to set up Outlook to hit the exchange server using the corporate type setup. I've tried everything I know to connect to my mail server and Outlook cannot see it. We use Novell to authenticate for File and Print. What must be in place for Outlook and Exchange to talk to each other? Any suggestions would be appreciated. What kind of POP3 "tool"? Your company does have an Exchange server in = addition to POP3 ac...

Publisher 2003 printing issue #2
Hi, i have msPub 2003 on Vista 64. It seems I can only print one copy of a document with publisher. No problem with other programs. Any idea's would be very appreciated! Erwin Is your printer driver current? Look at the printing preferences in the printer folder. Be certain the default is set at one copy. Publisher is more critical about printer drivers. If you decide to re-install your printer driver, completely remove the driver before you install/reinstall. Is yours a Bluetooth printer? There is a Hotfix. When you use a Bluetooth printer to print multiple documents on a Windo...

Outlook 2003 hangs on exit #2
I've seen several posts in newsgroups all over the internet about this. I am having the same issue as follows: Fresh install of Office 2003 on WinXP. when you open and close outlook, the outlook.exe process does not unload and hangs. You can't reopen outlook until you end task or reboot your box. This seems like a bug somewhere. Does anyone have a solution or experienced the same thing? i have also the same problem.. Anybody who could help us? >-----Original Message----- >I've seen several posts in newsgroups all over the >internet about this. I am having the...

Outlook 2003
Here's the problem: Every tiem I open Outlook it displays an error message that my Exchange server is unavailable. What I know: I know the Exchange server is up & running without any problems. The desktop computer is on the network and can browse and ping different devices. DNS is resolving names properly. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? ...

comparing componants of tables #2
I cannot easily compare data elements of comparative data. Here's what I mean, john smith bill jones mary Dee observation 1 observation 2 observation 1 observation 2 observation 1 observation 2 weight 160 155 128 119 120 129 belt size 40 38 29 28 25 26 shoe size 12 11 8 9 8 9 But, I ha...

Money 2005
Recently up-graded to Money 2005 from 2004. When I started my computer in 04 my bills and deposits were displayed. In 05 they are not. I have set the option for the display but find it only on the Home Page. Am I doing something incorrectly? Any help appreciated. GOD BLESS -- Tom aa_FLHTCUI_00@hotmail.com_aa (Remove aa to reply) In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote: >Recently up-graded to Money 2005 from 2004. When I started my computer in 04 >my bills and deposits were displayed. In 05 they are not. I have set the >option for the display but find it only...

My (final) 2 cents on continuous form design
Some days ago I started a thread on this forum regarding the design of a continuous form to be used to show all of the records filled in a table and giving the possibility to the user to select each row and perform action on the record (mine is retrieving all of the information from the record and use them to fill another form where the data can be edited). This can be easily accomplished through regular continuous form but I stated few requirements: a) the form should be unbound and the data should be not editable; b) I hate having that crappy effect of all the text selected whe...

how I can sum or subtract 2 or 3 field in access in any record
hi I want know that why there is NOT any relationship between access and excel and how I can sum and subtract 2 or 3 filds in access in any record thanks hadi_khodaparast@yahoo.com Hello Hadi - I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but Excel is *not* a 'front end' for an Access database. You can use Excel to query the db & copy Access data into a workbook in several ways. That copy of the data can be used for calculations, but the data *doesn't* get changed in the Access file. Although the modified results can be imported to Access it may very well be t...

Failing to Verify database in Crystal Reports
I'm trying to create custom reports based on custom fields that I have added to CRM 1.2. I have read in this group that in order to see my custom fields from Crystal I will have to first verify that database. But when I tried to Verify my database I got this error: failed to load database information. Details: The database DLL 'crdb_mscrm.dll' could not be loaded. What I've done is launch Crystal 9.2.2 Pro. and used the 'Enterprise' button to find an exsisting CRM Crystal Report to modify. I then select a report, click the 'database' pull down menu and s...

This operation can not be performed
Whenever I start money 2002 I get this message . When I restore from backup within money I get the same message. The undo (under edit) never works. Is there someway to fix this. Sometimes. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104. "larryfergy6" <larryfergy6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43124324-E985-4B60-974B-CC42C3E5C50C@microsoft.com... > Whenever I start money 2002 I get this message . When I restore from > backup > within money I get the same message. The undo (under edit) never works. > > Is there someway to fix this. ...

Advance Security #2
I'm using GP 7.0 on a Citrix Server When I try to user Advance Security it's telling me that some one else is using it and no one is using Advance Security. How can I fix this problem? Also at times while using Advance Security I will get log out of GP. Do anyone know why this happens? Thanks, Try this: Great Plains/Great Plains Standard on Microsoft SQL Server/MSDE 1. Make a backup of the DYNAMICS database. 2. Execute the following script in Query Analyzer or the Support Administrator Console: Delete DYNAMICS..SY00801 "KBrown" wrote: > I'm using GP ...

How do I get rid of header/footer on page 2 of document?
the help menu says to click on header/footer, then toggle to new, then highlight text you want to get rid of, then hit delete key. I did that but all the header/footers throughout the document got deleted. How do I get to keep only the header/footer on page 1? TIA Fay Please see reply to your previous duplicate question. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Fay Zeller" <fayzee@optonline.net> wrote in message news:4b16f1f1$0$31281$607ed4bc@cv.net... > the help menu says to click...

Badmail folder #2
Please can somebody tell me how to read the bounced email in the badmail folder, I have tried associating them with outlook and they mail messages are just empty, I have even tried renaming to .eml. There are three different extension, which one should I be looking at for email incomming to a bad address, thank you You should be able to open these files in Notepad and check the email header Regards. Philip wrote: > Please can somebody tell me how to read the bounced email > in the badmail folder, I have tried associating them with > outlook and they mail messages are just e...

PivotTable and dimension refresh with SQL2005 #2
Good morning, I have OLAP cube in SSAS 2005, when I made change in dimension,then full process dimension -> Excel 2003, Refresh Pivot table - I see no change in dimension (only data is refreshed)!!! In SQL 2000 + Excel 2003 it works well. When I remove and add dimension to pivottable - then it is OK. But it is not good way - users have their tables prepared, filtered etc. Have anyone seen such problem (and solution)? Thanks a lot! Jan Klimes ...

2 questions regarding count formula
If I have the following data A B C 1 Personnel group type p't number 2 Melinda 1 4 3 Sean 1 5 4 Melinda 1 6 5 Sean 2 30 6 Fay 3 8 7 Melinda 1 32 1. How shall I contruct my formula to count the number of data that satisfy the following criteria: 1. personnel is Melinda 2. group type is 1 3. ...

I.E 8 performance question
Is there anything that I can do to make my I.E 8 run faster? It takes about a minute to load up my home page (google.ca) upon start-up; and when I click on one of my bookmarked pages (on the toolbar) I.E's so slow at loading the pages! Another question. When I click Add-Ons, a window pops open but I can't see any of the add-ons (I can't scroll down or left/right to see the list; everythings blocked off). Anyway that I can fix this? And what might your Operating System be and at what SP level. How much RAM and how much empty space on HD -- Peter Please Rep...

Archive file size #2
Yesterday, I decided to split my archive file that is around 1.2gb size. So I created a new archive file (old archive.pst), and archived archive.pst to that. It all seemed to work, but the size of the original file is to all intents and purposes the same! How can that be? I thought archiving MOVED the files rather than copying them. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to reduce the size of my original archive file? Many thanks rdc You need to compact the PST file after removing items out of it. This is done by right clicking on the top folder ("personal folders&q...

SQL Server 2000 / GP 8 Performance problem
Hi, We have a default installation of SQL Server 2000 servicing about 5 GP clients. As soon as more than one person tries using the payroll module everyone starts slowing down. A nework trace indicates multiple small queries going back and forth (ping pong) creating stored procedures and executing them. This looks like SQL server issue at first sight. Can someone give me ideas on where I can start looking. thanks Hi Have you applied SQL SP3a onto the SQL server? Regards James "Dilan Arumainathan" <dilan_a@antispamimpark.com> wrote in message news:egPPRo%23BFHA.3820@TK...

Unable To Open Attachments #2
We use Win2kServer, Exchange 2000 SP3 and OutlookXP When i try open message with attachment i have problem.. the error message is : Could not open one or more attachments! is it a bug in Exchange or Outlook? Are you dealing with the Secutiy Lock within OL2002 for "unsafe" attachments? This is what it sound like. There are KB articles all over the place on it. Jason >-----Original Message----- >We use Win2kServer, Exchange 2000 SP3 and OutlookXP > >When i try open message with attachment i have problem.. > >the error message is : Could not open one or mor...

Excel 2007 encryption #2
This is a repost. I am not a hacker (take that as you wish), I am a trainer who is trying to provide accurate information to business end users so that they can make reasonable decisions. Your insights will be appreciated. Will Fleenor Subject: Excel 2007 encryption >I am having difficulty finding information on the Excel 2007 encryption > settings. > > Issue#1: When I am saving a file in the legacy .xls format, where do I > find > the advanced option that lets me choose the encryption type? > > Issue #2: I understand I can change the default encryption type i...

Outlook 2003 Hanging #2
I have this silly problem with Outlook 2003 SP2 hanging. I'll be chugging along, opening emails, and all the sudden it will slow down to nothing and then hang. I've installed all the latest updates for Office. Event Viewer is showing nothing useful - just HungApp. Does anyone have a clue what could be causing this? ...

Terrible performance in "Bank Deposit Entry" window
When I select a range of cash reciepts within the "Bank Deposit Entry" I have to wait up to 2 minutes before the list is returned. Sometimes it returns only one record after that long of wait! Also when scrolling through the transactions in this window is excruciatingly slow... I know we have about 12,000 cash reciepts that need to be deposited but I dont think that amount of records should cause such a slow down. Is there any possible way to improve the performance (Maybe with additonal indexes)? Or is there a know issue with this? Or am I doing something wrong here??? :) T...

Purchase Order Approvals #2
If you access an Approved Purchase Order and change ANYTHING in the window, such as the Comments, the status of the Purchase Order switches back to Unapproved. Only changes affecting the document Total should switch the status back to Unapproved. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree...

Excel spread sheet #2
Every time I open ANY excel document on this CP it displays each individual cell as a page.......how do I change this setting? Moving each page break takes too long abd does not alway work. Hi try this macro to remove them all at once: Sub remove_them() ActiveSheet.ResetAllPageBreaks End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "dlam25mmm" <dlam25mmm@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:94BDFE5F-6CB2-4717-BE90-14A4245E0023@microsoft.com... > Every time I open ANY excel document on this CP it displays each individual > cell as a page.......how d...