To rerun a revaluation or not.

I forgot to change the "Post Results To" option to "Account" from "Financial
Offset".

So when the revaluation ran, the financial offset account was updated, when
I wanted the adjustment to be done to the account.

Do I run the revaluation again?  Or do I make a journal entry to correct?
0
Rich (271)

Don't run the revaluation again...just post a correcting je

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Rich" wrote:

> I forgot to change the "Post Results To" option to "Account" from "Financial
> Offset".
>
> So when the revaluation ran, the financial offset account was updated, when
> I wanted the adjustment to be done to the account.
>
> Do I run the revaluation again?  Or do I make a journal entry to correct?
0
info4071 (3003)

Pension Policies
Does anybody know a tidy way to record revaluations of pension policies in MS Money? For instance, a policy can increase in value from £10,000 to £12,000 due to investment gains of the funds in that policy. How would you go about recording this? Would you record this as an Investment Transaction? If so, what Activity would you allocate to this transaction? Thanks in advance for any useful pointers. "Peter Barrett" <PeterBarrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:987F89B8-7A89-400D-815A-22FA47FE6DA2@microsoft.com... > Does anybody know a tidy w...

can not rerun Make table query
I set up a make table query to get a List of Jobs that I care about scheduling for the month - at the end of each Day I would like to update and Over write this with a New list of Jobs that I care about - the make table that I am creating is calls JobstoSched when I try and rerun the make table query it gives me an error- You can't delete the table JobstoSched; it is participating in one or more relationshiops. I went to the relationships window an delted the only line there was. I am using this table to populate a dropdown list of jobs to sched. - not sure why I can'...

Revalue: Currency not listed to select
I am trying to use the revalue feature for multicurrency. When I try to revalue (Tools>Routines>Financial>Revalue), there is no currency listed as available to revalue. I have confirmed that the currency is set up correctly, active, that all companies have access to, and there is a valid exchange rate setup. I have also confirmed that all accounts have been granted access to the currency. The currency is working in all other aspects; just not showing up as an option to be revalued. Any suggestions/help would be most appreciated. Thanks, Erica Just wanted to post our resolution. ...

Rerun an open query in Access 2007
Hi, In Access 2003 I was able to place the "exclamation point" RUN button on my Access toolbar so that I could easily re-run a query that I already had open (rather than try to find it in a list of a few hundred queries). The queries I run usually ask for user input, so by re-running them I am able to give different input. Is there any way in Access 2007 to place a "RUN button" on the "Home" tab toolbar? -- Dan R Changing the ribbon is quite a bit more work, but it's easy to customize the Quick Access Toolbar. If you really want to customize the r...

Workflow - date and time
hi I have a field called enrolment date which is usually lesser than the created on date. i want a workflow which says, when a new contact is created wait for 5 days after enrolment date and then create - 1st mailer task wait for 2 months and create - 2nd mailer task. i have got a workflow and it says when a new patient is created wait 5 days after contact.enrolmentdate if case 1 create mailer 1 end if if case 2 create mailer 2 end if however, both mailer tasks get create right away rather than waiting for 5 days and 2 months. in the wait for timer i ticked revaluate expressision whe...

Manufacturing Rollup & Revalue
I recently changed our companies valuation method to FIFO periodic and went through all the proper steps according to the KB article. Everything seemed OK but now i am not able to make standard cost changes going forward. I tried using the Standard Item Material Costs screen to enter the proposed change, set the date to yesterday and saved it. When i use Routines->Manufacturing->Rollup & Revalue the rollup report shows the current cost of 2.44 which it is but the pending cost change is $0.00. I checked the CT00003 table and i see the pending cost but when i look at the ICI...

rerunning a macro for a cerrtain number of times
Hi, I'm looking for hello to run a macro a certain number of times, based on a number that I put in a certain cell, Any suggestions? Thanks Chuck Something like this maybe: Dim MyNum as long Dim c as long MyNum = Range("A1").Value For c = 1 to MyNum 'Your macro code Next "Chuck" <chuckco@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23QIUmmTeDHA.1820@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'm looking for hello to run a macro a certain number of times, based on a > number that I put in a certain cell, Any suggestions? Thanks > > Chuck > &...

Bank Management Revaluation
We would like to request a separate revaluation process for Bank Management. This is becasue when you use the Revaluation process in GP a Bank GL account can potentially have 3 different currencies in it. For example, if the functional currency is NZD, if you transfer from a USD dollar cheque book to a AUD cheque book. In the AUD Bank GL account originating DR/CR is in USD. All other payments from this cheque book are in AUD. When you use the revaluation process in GP (and posting the revalue amount to the Bank Acount NOT a financial offset account) the results are incorrect - that is t...

POP Transaction Revaluation
Is it possible to do multicurrency revaluation on tractions originating from POP and SOP same like tractions originated from Purchasing Transaction Entry and Sales Transaction Entry in receivable and payable. ...

To rerun a revaluation or not.
I forgot to change the "Post Results To" option to "Account" from "Financial Offset". So when the revaluation ran, the financial offset account was updated, when I wanted the adjustment to be done to the account. Do I run the revaluation again? Or do I make a journal entry to correct? Don't run the revaluation again...just post a correcting je -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Rich" wrot...

Rerun query
I have a report based on a query. On opening the report you are prompted to enter 3 parameters (start date, end date, employee name). I need to run a seperate report for each employee. Is there anyway to code or create a macro that tells the report to reopen with new parameters upon closing or printing. I am trying to avoid opeing the report 80 times. I think an easier way would be to add a Report field in your employee table , Yes/No, and use a form with start date & end date in the header and employees listed in datasheet view to check who to use in report. Add a butto...

Rerun a print test in Home Publishing
it ran the print test page but i put in the wrong direction of the printer , how can i get it to rerun the print test again ??? Not much detail to work from here and anyway- HomePublishing is not MS Publisher so you will have to look elswhere and then suplly a lot more detail about your problem. John G. "stacey" <stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08419CEA-6716-47DE-9FA6-F608D73B5D3C@microsoft.com... > it ran the print test page but i put in the wrong direction of the printer > , > how can i get it to rerun the print test again ??? stace...

Bank Reconciliation and multicurrency revaluation don't match
We are running bank reconciliation and multicurrency revaluation reports that are giving us different ending balance for our USD cash account. Any idea why would that be? Thanks, GG ...

SQL Error Your SQL Server installation is either corrupt or has been tampered with could not open SQLEN70.RLL uninstall and rerun set up
K so I tried to do updates and it stops in the middle with a error at the Fixit or what ever Im not great with computers so sorry but the error I keep getting when I open a program is Your SQL Server installation is either corrupt or has been tampered with could not open SQLEN70.RLL uninstall and rerun set up. I was told not to uninstall SQL cause it may be used for other programs and might cause problems when I went in to the progam file and tried to find that RLL it isnt even there. This is day 3 and I just want this fixed HHHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post here instead: http:...

Asset Impairment (Revaluation)
hi, I have a requirement from my client that i need to Revaluate Asset Cost, Actually the problem is that The client has around 40,000 assets and installed over different geographical location, they dont know the actual valuation yet but in the future they will get actual values(May be less or more than Current values), for now being they want to insert a dummy value for all asset and later on change all the asset for new values. My question is there any way to enter Mass Adjustment Entry into Fixed Asset as it is not possible to enter one by one. Regards, Sajid ...

Still stuck: rerunning a query to change criteria
My form lets one set criteria for a query, from which some textboxes display several Dcounts of the selected clients (grouped and counted by age and gender). Now I need this query to be rerun once different criteria are set. But I believe that as long as the form is open, the query wil be run ones and then never again! I could of course have people close and open the form again and again, but that is cumbersome. Me next try would be to have the criteria be set i the form and then as next step run and open the query, including the data to be displayed in a subform. But is ...

Revaluation Posting
Hi, when running the revaluation process for Purchasing the resulting journals for a particular creditor are being posted to an incorrect account. Originally we thought the issue was within the posting or currency setup however even after changing the posting accounts the revaluation journals are still being posted to the incorrect account. Could someone please help? Adam ...

Multiple reports use same queries, how do I avoid rerunning querie
I'm working on several reports in an Access database and need some advice. I have three reports that are all based on a series of queries, and only the last one is specific to each report. It starts with a broad select query, then queries those results to reformat some data, then queries those results as a totals query and finally the report specific query runs to filter those results down to only that necessary for that specific report. I've built a macro to run all three reports, but each report calls all the underlying queries to be run. Because of the redundant querying, ...

Revaluation.
Hi, I have problem with reverse transaction revaluation. All the times, return empty report. I run a revaluation to 13/02/06 and 14/02/06, when I try to reverse this revaluation I have no result on the report. The main problem is that if I revaluate againg, the report acumulate all values for each document. I appreciate any help... -- Evelin. ...

Financial Series Multicurrency Revaluation
Our functional currency is $US, and we have a $CAN checkbook. When I run the report for revaluing the GL account that corresponds with this checkbook, the originating amount on the report does not agree with the Adjusted Book Balance on the Bank Reconciliation for this checkbook. Likewise, the functional amount shown on the report does not agree with the functional balance of the GL account. How can I get the Revaluation Report to agree with my actual balances? ...

Revalue Inventory
Revalue Inventory - PO for say 100, GRN at 110 and vendor invoice at 120 [Sivakumar] i. Accept increased rate and revalue inventory ii. Accept increased rate but do not revalue inventory instead charge to purchase price variance iii. Reject increased rate and do not revalue inventory Above is scenarios how we can do in GP. I strongly advise against revaluing inventory as it frequently results in the inventory stock status value being different from the GL value. If you receive an item at 100, then sell some of the item, and then revalue, part of the material is not available to revalue....

revaluation of documents
It would be useful if the system revaluatesdocuments (Invoices, Credit Memos, etc) in Payables and Receivables module even if the documents were paid or applied with anapplying and posting date after the Revaluation date. This mean that the system should have an "As off date" in order to know if a document was opened or not at the revaluated date defined. Actually the Multicurrency Management guide lists three "Apply situations that prevent revaluation". My suggestion is that the system should be able to revaluate the documents even if they fall in the Example 2 an...

Item Cost Revaluation report
Every time we run the std cost roll-up and revalue process the Item Pending Cost Revaluation report shows some items with a pending cost of $0. I've checked the listed items in the CT00003 and the ICIV0323 tables as well as on the Standard Item Material Costs window (these are always purchased items) and never seen a change to $0 indicated anywhere. When we then complete the revalue process the standard cost on the items is not changed to $0 - it stays wherever it was. This happens with using the standard report as well as a modified version. Has anyone else seen this? Any idea...

Fixed Assets Revaluation
Hello, At year end, we are required to access the recoverable value of certain assets and should the value is much lower than the Net Book Value, we are supposed to reduce the value and the differences to go into Impairment Loss. (Credit Accumulated Impairment Loss (B/S account) and Debit Impairment Loss (P&L account) Firstly, I don't find any revaluation process in Microsoft Dynamics GP Fixed Assets Module. I tried changing the Cost Basis. When I click on the Distribution button, I find that the system would automatically post the following transaction. Credit Cost of Fixed Assets (e...

Revaluation for checkbook
I should be able to revalue a checkbook that has a currency other than my functional currency. Since I can't if I revalue the GL account the account and checkbook amounts will not match. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com...