timesheet entry error #2

When we enter timesheets, we get the error that the pay code does not exist
for the employee in the rate table.

I looked at the KB 874621 as well and everything checks out. We get our cost
and billing from employee rate table. Surprisingly we are getting this error
for the project for all the employees.

Apart from making sure that the employee with his salary paycode (as he is a
salary employee) is defined in the rate table, what else can I check?

0
jacktundra (359)

timesheet with OT
I am trying to make a simple timesheet, if I figure it out a little better I will expand it, that will add over time. I just want to add up the 7 days, cells A1-A7 and put that total in cell A9 {=SUM(A1:A7)} in cell A10 I would like it to not do anything until columns A1-A7 go over 40, I would then like the number 40 to stay at 40 in cell A9 then put anything over that in cell A10{=SUMIF(A9,">40")-40} sort of like this. Is their a way to keep the "-40" in cell A10 "invisable" until it goes over 0? And to stop the 40 in cell A9 from going over 40? Thanks. ...

BusinessPortal Error
Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Data.QueryTimeoutException Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. Error in the Documents List Web Part. How do I extend the time out period? Hi TSTROP Have you looked at Customer source Article ID : 914918 ? I think this may help Fliehigh "tstrop" wrote: > Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Data.QueryTimeoutException > Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the > operation or the server is not responding. Error in the Documents List Web > P...

NoMatch now throws error
I recently upsized my BE from .accdb to SQL Server 2008 Express. Prior to doing this, the following code worked fine if no record was found: Set rec = db.OpenRecordset("tblLockedOutUsers", dbOpenDynaset, dbSeeChanges) rec.FindFirst "Username = '" & Me.UserName & "'" If rec.NoMatch Then rec.Close Set rec = Nothing Set db = Nothing Else 'Match! Process data However, now, I immediately get an error 3021: No current record error. Any advice? Thanks. kenrav wrote: >I recently upsiz...

format a cell for a timesheet
What format should I use if I want the time sheet to show totals in quarter hours such as 8:25 instead of 8:15. The current format is [H]:mm and it's returning the 8:15 but I want it to return 8:25 Thank you Louis Louis, In an adjacent column, use = A1*24 and format to dec places. You will get 8.25, not 8:25, but is that okay? -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Louis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3e9a01c3fe02$2f54c460$a101280a@phx....

Edit Links Error Message
I have a document with charts in it that originally came from another source. When I try to do an "Update Fields" on the entire document (Ctrl-A first, then F9), I get a message that says the linked file is not available and tells me to use the Edit Links command. I click OK, but this message comes up repeatedly for each link in the document, then finally allows me to do the update. Once that is done, however, Word stops working and I have to close the document and start over. I have gone to Edit Links (Microsoft Office button > Prepare > Edit Links to Files) a...

Payment error
I am receiving the following error message when doing a manual payment against and AP invoice: Distributions haven't been updated for your change. Use the Payables Transaction Entry Distribution window to update the cash account distribution. I have gone into the posted AP invoice and it all looks correct to me. At this point, I am wondering what the problem is and why this is happening. Thanks! Laura Laura, Have you double checked to make sure the distributions in your manual payment are correct? The error is referring to the Payables Entry Transaction Distributions in the M...

Averageif error in 2007??
I have been using the averageif formula in 2007. According to the help file the "range" or "average_range" can include arrays, However when I have attempted to set an array for evaluation only the first column is evaluated in the result. I only discovered this when I compared it to my old method which was to use an array function "average(if". Is this a problem with the averageif formula or am I missing something? Larry Syntax AVERAGEIF(range,criteria,average_range) Range is one or more cells to average, including numbers or names, arrays, or references ...

transferred docs to new computer, getting errors on some

Maximum Excel file size #2
I created an Excel file (62MB) yesterday on this PC and was able to save it to the hard drive. When I attempt to open it today, it causes an error “Not enough memory� The PC has 1.7GHz processor w/ 524MB RAM. Is this not enough power to open this file? Why did it let me save the file yesterday and not open it today? Any other ideas as to what the issue may be When looking at the Processes tab in Task Manager, the Memory Usage is approx. 105MB with nothing running. It seems that there should be enough memory to open the Excel file Thanks a bunch for your help Excel has it's own in...

appending to a previous entry
we have the same items in multiple floor locations so they get counted on several different count sheets. the "add-quick scan mode shows no previous info for the called item. how can we tell if the item has a previous entry. or is there a way to append to the previous entry?can we lock the "look up screen" and enter from that screen as it shows previous entry? ...

problem with w2k8 servicepack 2
hi, i want to install servicepack 2 for windows server 2008. looking at the options, i am pretty much astonished that "nobackup" (or similiar) has disappeared now. this annoys me as i do have only 1 gb left on my partion c:, where windows is installed (which is 10 gb altogether). when installing servicepack 2 it tells me that it needs 4 gb of free space, which for sure is not given on my virtual machine. my question: what can i do in this situation? note 1: as this is a virtual image i cannot use a tool like partition magic for some reason. note 2: there is n...

Sumif Error (?)
Hi All, I have a multitab spreadsheet where i add 6 rows each day with the current date. On another tab I have a SUMIF formula that will pull in the totals based on a date input by the user. This morning, my row count crossed the 1100 mark, meaning i populated rows 1100-1105, column A has todays date and then there are another 15 columns with various data. On the other tab, the same formula that works every day is used and I dont get the correct number. When researching it appears that Excel is offsetting by 1 row. Instead of adding my 6 rows based upon todays date, it is taking the la...

Error messages
Hi, I wrote a class that manage the error messages. The method that manage the error is this one: emsg->Write(STDERR | ERRORMSG, &bs, "%s | file %s: (%d) %s", lpszFileName, e.m_cause, szErr); where the STDERR identify where the msg will be write and ERRORMSG the type of message. The bs is a struct where I store the msg if the user would like to use it for other functions. I would like to know if exist a likely function in mfc that does the same thing. Thank you MFC does not have any special class for handling errors. You will have to use Win32 for whatever it offers. Y...

how to avoid import timesheet in timesheet approval process
when the team member submitted timesheet to the timesheet manager and timesheet manager approved this timesheet and then team member go to My Tasks page and import timesheet and then submitted to the Project Manager. Is it possible that team member dont need to import timesheet . if timesheet manager approved timesheet then timesheet will go to project manager directly. how it is possible ? and what is the reason behind this to import timesheet and then send to the project manager. Sam -- No, this is not possible. The best you can do for your organization is to elimina...

Gift Receipts #2
I already know about the way to print gift receipts on the 2nd printer but that isn't going to work some merchants as they use the second printer in Store Ops to print full page receipts for customers with accounts. I was at Target and saw an interesting way that they handle their gift receipts. You get one, long receipt and at the bottom is a gift receipt. You can cut the receipt along the dotted line and then you have a gift receipt as well as the detailed receipt. Would it be possible to create a receipt format for RMS that does this? Yes, it would be similar to the Credit C...

Error message 01-09-10
I keep getting the message "EXCEPTION PROCESSING MESSAGE C.0000013 PARAMETERS 75B6BF7C 4 75B6BF7C 75B6BF7C" Does anyone know what this means and how to eliminate it? Paul wrote: > I keep getting the message "EXCEPTION PROCESSING MESSAGE C.0000013 > PARAMETERS 75B6BF7C 4 75B6BF7C 75B6BF7C" > > Does anyone know what this means and how to eliminate it? do you have a machine with *no* floppy drive? if so have a look in the bios and see if the floppy is enabled if so...disable it ...

Intercompany entries
We have a single Great Plains company defined, however this company gets entries from multiple sister companies. Our first account segment is company segment and we have 2 companies within this Great Plains company: account segment values 1 & 2. Company 1 sells products to company 2 and company 2 in turn sells products to the customers. Given this setup, how can I perform "inter company" transactions and what will these be? We probably need to account for the purchase/sales between companies. In the end, we will also want to print P&L & Balance sheet for each c...

Booting -up error
Hello In attempting to fix a 'crash' I have lost the ability to boot up excel. Now when I click on the excel shortcut button the Microsoft Office 2000 SR1 Premium installer program boots up and requests me to insert disk (which I do not have as OEM product). On canelling this I get error 1706 (no valid source can be found...). On clicking OK I get a fatal error. Can anyone help. My computer tells me it is running Microsoft office windows XP Home edition 2002 service pack 2. Thanks Colin Hi AFAIK you should have some original CD's even for an OEM version. you may co...

Visual C++ .NET 2003 and XP Style #2
Hi, I want to know how to programmically incorporate the XP style windows (frame, buttons, etc.) to a project in Visual C++ .NET 2003. Beginning with Visual C++ .NET 2003, Microsoft has changed the window it incorporate window styles to a project. In older versions, an application gets the XP style under XP automatically. That is no longer true in version .NET 2003. I have read the solution at MSDN including the one with using TheApp.exe.manifest. However, the solution requires that the program must have the manifest file in the same directory as the EXE, even in final release. I ...

Skipping Text Entries
One of my charts contains "N/A" entries. Right now they are showing as zeros on the chart. I went to OPTIONS/CHART and the chose the LEAVE GAPS choice but they are still showing as zeros. Is there any way to skip that week if the entry is non-numeric? Thanks. have your text entries return the #NA error, such as: =IF(A2=0,NA(),A2) The #NA error is ignored by charts. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Gingerly" wrote: > One of my charts contains "N/A" entries. Right now they are showing as zeros >...

(Error) MS CRM 3.0 on Terminal Services...
Hi all, I have recently installed MS CRM 3.0 (Danish) in a win 2K3 Terminal Services environment using the official MS guide. When launching the Desktop Client as a regular user the CRM folders are missing in the user's Outlook menu and an error is displayed telling something about not being able to load CRM functions and suggesting to restart Outlook. I have a reason to beleive that it might be due to not being able to apply update rollup 1 on the terminal server. So two questions arise: Is the bug related to the missing update rollup1? How do I apply update rollup for the client on th...

Duplication of entries in the Contacts list
I purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and WLM. Initially I used WLM and manually typed the information into the 'To' box and added this information to my Contacts List. Later I inported my 'O.E. 7 Address Book'. Now when I attempt insering an address in a new e-mail by clicking on the 'To' box, there is duplication of some addressee's in the listing. When I edit my 'Contacts' list (opening page of WLM) there are no duplications showing. How can, I delete these duplications, where are they to be found? OldNick Check all the fields in ...

Error Message
Im running Full MS office 2007 - and with my Outlook 2007 I have just received for the first time an error message after clinking on a hyperlink within the body of an incoming e-mail. The message reads: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact system administrator. This error takes place on my Laptop - Windows - Vista 64-Bit What can I do to correct? TIA, Jim This isn't actually an Outlook error but an issue with IE: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm "JMay" <JMay@discussion...

2 gb pst file
i am desktop support for 5000 users, those pst files drive me nut, pst files keep corrupt it. i use scanpst.exe scan the pst files sometimes it work someimes it does not work, do you have better program to fix this on going problem. what is the limit size for pst files. 2GB for Outlook 97-2002 files. "Unlimited" for Outlook 2003 files When a pst-file reaches the 2GB you'll need to crop it with this tool; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=B33B1DFF-6F50-411D-BBDF-82019DDA602E -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com ...

fixed decimal entry
I have always marked the option to use fixed decimal, 2 places because I found it easier since I work with mostly monetary values. In the past, if you wanted zero cents, you could enter the whole number then the decimal only and it placed the fixed decimal with the two zeros after it (keystroke 20. returned 20.00). With Excel 2003 (which I just started using) I have found that when you try that same thing, it floats the decimal over (keystroke 20. returns .20) however if you add one zero after the decimal it is correct (keystroke 20.0 returns 20.00) which hardly makes it a short cu...