third party collections

Hi,  we have a customer that provides e third party collection services to
businesses of all sizes. The problem is that I have not found in Dynamics GP
how to control  the money that I received from their customers and already
paid to every company because there is no way we can apply deposits
previously posted in Bank Reconciliation to Payables Management when
registering checks.

So I need to apply the deposits I have posted directly to bank transactions
to the pay I register in Payables Management to avoid paying twice an
amount. I also need to report these detail to every company when printing
the check that pays what I collected.

any help will be appreciated

Sergio

0
sergiol (20)

------=_NextPart_0001_B6695303

Sergio,

I noticed that this message is a duplicate of the NewsGroup ID 39547514
that you submitted. Please see my response in that newsgroup and respond
accordingly.

Thank you,
Ken Hubbard
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

Please note that the newsgroups are staffed weekdays with a goal to provide
ONE BUSINESS DAY RESPONSE to all posts.

If this response time does not meet your needs,

please contact CSS for more immediate assistance:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

--------------------
From: "Sergio L�pez" <sergiol@sega.com.gt>
Subject: third party collections
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:52:30 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

Hi,  we have a customer that provides e third party collection services to
businesses of all sizes. The problem is that I have not found in Dynamics
GP
how to control  the money that I received from their customers and already
paid to every company because there is no way we can apply deposits
previously posted in Bank Reconciliation to Payables Management when
registering checks.

So I need to apply the deposits I have posted directly to bank transactions
to the pay I register in Payables Management to avoid paying twice an
amount. I also need to report these detail to every company when printing
the check that pays what I collected.

any help will be appreciated

Sergio

------=_NextPart_0001_B6695303

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Sergio,
\par
\par I noticed that this message is a duplicate of the NewsGroup ID 39547514 that you submitted. Please see my response in that newsgroup and respond accordingly.
\par
\par Thank you,
\par Ken Hubbard
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par Please note that the newsgroups are staffed weekdays with a goal to provide ONE BUSINESS DAY RESPONSE to all posts.
\par
\par If this response time does not meet your needs,
\par
\par please contact CSS for more immediate assistance:
\par
\par http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: "Sergio L\'f3pez" <sergiol@sega.com.gt>
\par Subject: third party collections
\par Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:52:30 -0600
\par Lines: 17
\par X-Priority: 3
\par X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3028
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3028
\par X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
\par Message-ID: <eVYtrnFrHHA.3924@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: 102.219.6.200.intelnet.net.gt 200.6.219.102
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:9965
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par Hi,  we have a customer that provides e third party collection services to
\par businesses of all sizes. The problem is that I have not found in Dynamics GP
\par how to control  the money that I received from their customers and already
\par paid to every company because there is no way we can apply deposits
\par previously posted in Bank Reconciliation to Payables Management when
\par registering checks.
\par
\par So I need to apply the deposits I have posted directly to bank transactions
\par to the pay I register in Payables Management to avoid paying twice an
\par amount. I also need to report these detail to every company when printing
\par the check that pays what I collected.
\par
\par any help will be appreciated
\par
\par Sergio
\par
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_B6695303--

0
kennh (20)

third party collections
Hi, we have a customer that provides e third party collection services to businesses of all sizes. The problem is that I have not found in Dynamics GP how to control the money that I received from their customers and already paid to every company because there is no way we can apply deposits previously posted in Bank Reconciliation to Payables Management when registering checks. So I need to apply the deposits I have posted directly to bank transactions to the pay I register in Payables Management to avoid paying twice an amount. I also need to report these detail to every company wh...

Access Data Collection using Email
I would like to use the above metioned feature to update the status of projects stored in our DB. However, I would like to constrain the email form sent to one specific record rather than all the records of the table I am creating the form from. There are approximately 4200 records in the table. I would like to send this email form for updated information on job status for ONE job to a specific email address. Is this possible? Or must it send a form for every record as it appears to be doing now? thank you, Michael On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:09:00 -0800, Michael F <Michael F@discussio...

Third party solutions for SOP and POP
Hi, I need a third party solutions for my situation. The situation is like this: One customer orders 30 pcs of item A and 40 pcs of item B. In my inventory, I only have 15 pcs of item A and 35 pcs of item B. When I input the order, it will automatically create Purchase order for the unavailable quantity which is 15 pcs for item A and 5 pcs for item B. When we receive the items, it will automatically go to the order. So I don't have to insert the quantity manually in the order again. Is there any solutions? When you say "automatic", do you want any control over the PO? Do yo...

Include totals in footers to fields in layout collection (2007)
I have a report that includes several groups. The footers all include fields that are the sum of calculated fields within the detail. When adding totals to a footer using the grouping, the total becomes part of the "layout" group for that field. However, the grouping totals only work on fields from the datasource - not on calculated fields within the detail. Does anyone know how I can "join" these calculated footer fields to the layout grouping for the detail field associated with it? For example, I have a field for "difference" in my detail area. It ...

3rd party for petroleum industry
Does anyone have a recommendation for a 3rd party add-on for the petroleum industry? It would need to handle broker pay, settlements and an industry specific inventory (customer takes dip readings and company then knows how much to deliver and when based on holding tank size.) Thanks in advance. Fliehigh No recommendations but ISV-Central.com shows that Wennsoft has an Oil and Gas solution. http://www.wennsoft.com Your partner or CustomerSource may be able to help with options as well. Mark (DynamicAccounting.net) http://www.dynamicaccounting.net On Oct 19, 6:58 am, Fliehigh <Fl...

Table open error in Collections Management Query Letters
I got this "Table open error" message when I attempt to print Collection letters either individually through the collection main screen or through build collection letters. Any idea what is wrong? Thank you ...

How to access table values of one third party from other third par
Hi I have a senario in which i have to access a table value of one third party product in other third party product script.I have written a trigger (TRIGGER_FOCUS_FILL) on a scroll window (TRIGGER_BEFORE_ORIGINAL).The table is linked to scroll window. When i have written third party code to access the value of a field from table its returning zero always. How to solve this.How to get exact vale which is used to fill scroll window. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Pradeep Please have a look at the Pushing the Limits with Dexterity conference materials created by myself and Mark Ro...

Fifth Third Bank
Does anyone on here use Fifth Third Bank? If so, can you schedule payments in Money 2005 and then send them to Fifth Third to be processed? How do you set it up? I use 5/3 bank. I schedule payments in Money in Bill & Deposits and then go to Account List and select my 5/3 account. Then I connect to bank and schedule my payment on the bank web page. I guess my experience is no to you question, this is not an automatic setup with 5/3. It's a two step process as described. "Joseph A. Zupko" <jaz2@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:eF6H9cVEFHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP...

IF need to add a third value
my formula is =IF(B5>=C5,"G","Y") I really need to add a third value of "R" if the logical test exceeds a value beyond what is in the current formula. Thanks in advance for your assistance! Hi, You can use as many if() functions as needed. For example, =If(B5>=C5,"G",If(B5>=D5,"R",....,"Y")) and so on. Hope this helps Regards, Emece.- "GMv1" wrote: > my formula is =IF(B5>=C5,"G","Y") I really need to add a third value of "R" > if the logical test exce...

Any Successful Implementations of a 3rd Party Global Gift Card Mod
I'm looking for success stories for 3rd Party Global Gift Card Modules. I need one, just don't know which one will serve me best. I'm looking for something painless and as integrated as can be. I want to utilize the HQ database and not outsource the gift card process to a processor. Thanks, Bradley Bradley, We have a Global Gift Card/Voucher Addon for RMS. Contact me and I can send you info. Ian Mclean RMS ianm@retail-pos.com "Bradley" <Bradley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A22A0592-A8AB-4C36-8190-275852173B6E@microsoft.com... > I&#...

Third party Identifiers Stored in Outlook Messages.
I am using a 3rd party application that works alongside Outlook 2003. This application stores an identifier within each email message. When this application processes the message it sets the identifier. Once the identifier is set the application will not process the message again. For special cases I need to be able to process some messages more than once, and so need to reset the identifier manually. The application does not provide a facility to do this. Is there some way I can expose an identifier introduced by 3rd parties into an Outlook message and manually switch that identifier of...

Exchange and erd party POP3
How do I go about having my exchange server located in my internet network pull email for accounts out on a 3rd parties POP3 server. Situation: I have a domain on my internal network called blahblahblah.com. I have this domain registered and out on the public internet and my 3rd party Email provider is receiving emails sent to "blahblahblah.com" My ISP allows me to send email from my exchange server, but doesn't allow inbound SMTP, so I need to POP3 from my 3rd party provider. This is ok if I am to configure each client PC that runs Outlook 2003 to POP3 their email, b...

create a form that collects parameters
Hi, i need a form where we search for a detail and the result should be published in the bottom, based on the result the user will decide what to do next in acess 2007. i refered the link below http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA100963141033.aspx#form_param in this some mistake is there in the macro can somebody help me out. if any template for search form is available please let me know. thank you, -- Kalai Kalai wrote: >i need a form where we search for a detail and the result should be >published in the bottom, based on the result the user will decide w...

Conditionally format points based on a third column
I would like the color of my data points to vary based not on their x or y value, but rather on a third column running alongside them. How can I do it? Assuming your third column is column "C" and that you would want to change the colors of the XY points based on the names Jim, Frank, or Kim, a VBA option could look like this (does not include any error handling): Sub ChangeXYColors() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim Rng As Range Cnt = 1 For Each Rng In Range("C2:C10") ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart1").Activate ActiveChart.Seri...

Collecting data in MS Outlook
Hi, I try to collect data through MS Outlook 2007 in HTML format. In the wizard I switched on the option automatically process replies. Unfortunately I always get an error message that I have no permission to add data into MS Access database despite the fact I'm owner of the database and I'm a member of the admin group. The replies are filled in correctly. The database uses user-level security and is in MS Access 2003 format, but of course I have installed MS Access 2007 on my computer. The database isn't open exclusively. If I try to export data manually, the same e...

Third NIC in SBS2003 for iSCSI
Hi, I've got an SBS 2003 box which has two NICs - one facing the internet and the other on a LAN. I've got ISA 2004 running on it too. I want to attach a third NIC to allow me to use a NAS box via iSCSI. However when I install the third NIC and enable it (on a different subnet to the LAN), the LAN loses internet connectivity and I can't see the NAS unit either. LAN NIC is 10.0.0.x / subnet mask 255.255.255.0 NAS NIC is 10.0.1.x / subnet mask 255.255.255.0 What steps am I missing? Any suggestions appreciated. Andy Hi Andy Is there any reason why y...

third party
Dear Sir I use Microsoft Great Plains ver. 8 and I search for third party for Microsoft Great Plains exactly in manufacturing modules. Please if you have any new features for manufacturing Great Plains I will be very happy if you share it with me. And if you have any success story for textile customers use Great Plains Please tell me. Thanks and best regards Saleh Moussa Sharaf ERP Project Manager Cairo-Egypt Besides the Great Plains manufacturing series, the most common third-party manufacturing products to my knowledge are from Horizon (www.hzs.com), BatchMaster (www.batc...

Third Party Commissions software??
Hello, Does anyone have any experience with third party commissions software that could be used in conjunction with GP 9.0? Flaum Associates has been doing this for years and can handle the most extreem situations. Also, EthoTech has a commission program that is very flexible. Both are solid solutions. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Don D." wrote: > Hello, > > Does anyone have any experience with third...

Second, Third...Instance
Hi all, I'm using a spreadsheet with a list that has duplicate dates and tasks associated with those dates for example: Date Task 1-1-04 New Year's Party 1-1-04 Dr. Visit 1-4-04 Take Out Trash Ok, so I want to do a vlookup type formula that will give me the second instance, or 3rd, 4th etc. or as many as it finds. Is there a way to do this? Cheers, Job See the Arbitrary lookups section in http://cpearson.com/excel/lookups.htm In article <#zy6NpsMEHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, "Job" <job@nomail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I'...

For the Third Time
Once again, if someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it. First, I need to know how if it possible to empty the mailbox store. I cannot clean it, defrag it, or run any of the included tools with this in order to get the 16gb capacity freed up so I can actually do work on it. If it is possible to empty this, please advise me on how to do it. I have all email clients connecting to an outside POP3 provider till this is worked out. Second, why would a 16gb container get filled in less than 2 days? Is it a spam issue that we are having, or what could be the problem? How do I ...

Posting Invoices/Payments from 3rd Party Software
My app generates sales and payments; my client runs Great Plains 7.5/Pervasive. They also own SQLServer2k3. My questions: 1) Can I reinstall their GP and point it at the SQLServer database without violating some license agreement? Is this difficult/advisable? 2) Regardless of above, is there anyone out there I can bribe into revealing, step by step, how I can post daily GL transactions for sales and payments (ODBC? COM? .NET? 3rd party interface?) directly from my app? This is so simple in QuickBooks, PeachTree,... Ok, one at a time.... 1) Your client would have to upgrade to the S...

How to pick every third cell?
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a column in which I keep dates. The date appers in every third cell of this column and the other two cells are blank. I have the another sheet in this workbook in which I want those dates to appear in the column in consecutive order. I'm using cell reference comand right now but have to do it manually every time I have a new entries. So in the other sheet there is a column with cells having references to every third cell in the first sheet. I trided to high-lite the multiple bunches of cells and drag-copy it down - but it's not working. Any ideas??? Tha...

Calendar Replication
Can anyone recommend a 3rd party tool for replicating Outlook 2007 or 2010 calendar items into sharepoint 2007 or 2010? I know you can link Outlook and SharePoint together and can drag calendar items around but I want a tool that will automaticaly synch new and updated Outlook calendar items to my shared team calendar in sharepoint. Thanks, Ken ...

My collection of links
Hi 2 all, where is FAQ here? I wish to share with you the collection of links concerning Internet trading, the finances, loans and work in the forex market. Here it is: 'index' (http://fin-fin.biz/forum/index.html) 'tax lien' (http://fin-fin.biz/forum/tax-lien-1.html) 'stock' (http://fin-fin.biz/forum/stock-2.html) 'online trading' (http://fin-fin.biz/forum/online-trading-3.html) 'online banking' (http://fin-fin.biz/forum/online-banking-4.html) 'mortgage' (http://fin-fin.biz/forum/mortgage-5.html) 'forex trading' (http://fin-fin.biz/foru...

Outlook security settings block third party apps to send email
Hi A customer has a third party app that sends emails thhru e local install of Outlook on a Win 2003 server. We recently updated the server with patches, both for OS but also for Outlook. i this case we applied Sp2 and got problems with the security settings that now promts to allow or not allow this third party app to connect to send emails. Is there a way to get around this "by design issue" or Is the only solution to reinstall? TIA -- Henrik Arenblad, MCP SBS, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q555375 http://www.google.com/ Sry, forgott to mention, Outlook Is version 2...